Heirs of Planet Life 2 - The...

Per chaienesantoswriter

COMPLETE TRILOGY 🏆Wattys Award book 1 in portuguese version. Governing Idea: We will become them and then, t... Més

Prologue
I - The Return to Earth
II - Zara's Presence
III - Homesick
IV - Mirov's Revenge
V - Nicholas's New Life
VI - Danger in the Future
VII - Chased by the Earthlings
VIII - Mirov's Plan
IX - Princess Isadora's Party
X - Helen's Secret
XI - The Trip
XII - Helen's Truth
XIII - The Prisoner Queen
XIV - Merko's Suspicion
XV - Merko's Return
XVI - The Observer
XVII - The Battle in the Desert
XVIII - Nicholas' Courage
XIX - An Intruder in the Enemy Ship
XXI - The Hunt to the Tyrant
XXII - Real and Imminent Danger
XXIII -The Past of Planet Earth
XXIV - The Persecution
XXV - A New Civilization
XXVI - The Thirst for Power
The Author

XX - Victory

146 13 1
Per chaienesantoswriter

Fizard went to Merko's ship and informed him about Dargan, Mirov's spy, who was investigating the life of his entire family. Zara had woken up and went with Nicholas to his father. She was checking the controls of Star Hunter ship and couldn't help but hear that. At the time, she was desperate to know that her daughter was in danger. She excused herself and left the room, trying to control herself. Merko knew what was happening. He approached her and calmed her down, reassuring her that the spy wouldn't do any harm to their family if his leader was detained before that. For this reason, they would first return to planet Life to face Mirov. With the deposed king, the spy would lose its usefulness on Earth.

Zara agreed and tried to get better, but the concern for her daughter wouldn't let her be. So, she felt it was necessary to talk to Lorena and ask them to spend some more time traveling, without returning home.

She asked Z8 to enter the human's telephone system and called her mother-in-law:

"Hi, Lorena. How are you out there? Has Helen behaved herself?"

"Zara, thank God! I'm glad to finally talk to you. How are Nick and my husband?" After Zara said everything was okay, reassuring Lorena, she continued "Helen's a good girl. It's all right here. We were worried, anxious for news and, mainly, trying to understand what happened. It seems that nothing works in this country when it comes to information. No one knows anything and the communication devices and computers are constantly wavering."

"Lorena, you don't need to worry anymore, because the situation is under control. Our defense forces managed to drive out the invaders, and all the services of the country and the continent are gradually returning to normal. We still need to take care of the wounded and the damage left by the invasion, but soon we'll return home. Nicholas and Merko sent you a kiss and told you not to worry, because the worst is over. Now, let me speak to Helen, please. Give my regards to Sophia."

"Hi, Mom." The girl picked up the phone seconds later. "I miss you and daddy. Were you able to solve your problems?"

"Yes, darling. I'm glad you're okay!" As she talked to her daughter, tears of longing trickled from Zara's eyes.

She knew the little girl was in good hands, but the homesickness would only increase when she left the planet to win this war. The future of the whole world depended on them, including her daughter's. She needed to do her best for them to be victorious.

"We'll be together soon. Take care and always obey your grandmother. Kisses, my little baby. Mommy's missing you so much!"

"Me too, mommy. I love you!"

"I love you too, my baby!"

Helen handed the phone back to her grandmother:

"Zara, can we go back to our country yet? Is it safe to travel with the girls?"

"Lorena, we're safe now, and I think it's safe to travel. However, I would like to ask you and the girls to remain there for some time. Only by guarantee. Look at this period as a well-deserved vacation. Get plenty of rest and enjoy the ride."

"Now that we know that you're well and no longer in danger, we may even enjoy our trip a little. I'm just worried about girls' schools..."

"Don't worry, Lorena. Everything will fit in and then I can personally go to Helen's school and Sophia's college to explain our situation. For now, just rest."

"Okay, my daughter-in-law. We'll do this. Send a kiss to my son and another one to my husband."

"I will! I'll take good care of our boys."

"And I'll take care of our girls. You know I live mostly for them. Take care of yourselves, we are missing you and we'll await anxiously for your return."

***

The US government's secret team, the Alpha-Omega division, received an alert from the Army's secret base in Area 51, which reported a seismic tremor in the region with no precise causes. They also found it strange that the radars failed for a few hours because that had never happened before. Ronald Steighem, the division chief, was at his meeting room in Washington, staring at the landscape through the windowpane, when an agent came in carrying a report on the fact. He was smoking a Cuban cigar and blew circles of smoke in the air as he read, thinking of the next step.

"Unexplainable things to me can only have one name: alien presence! It's my chance to get them." He thought.

He decided to summon his best agents to investigate any vestige of extraterrestrial presence in that region.

He would personally lead the proceedings and agents Netil and Soliver would be among those selected for the investigation.

Steighem gave the first orders while the agents paid close attention to what he said in a videoconference in his Pentagon office.

"Book a flight for me. I think there's something big going on and I want to be a part of it. Earthquakes without explanation in a region where they never happened before, even more with failure in communications. Agent Netil, I also want you to send two agents to the place where the man arrested the bandits in the Los Angeles movie episode. Check if any abnormal events occurred before or after the episode, any manifestation of telekinesis or supernatural powers. We need to put these puzzle pieces together. Investigate all the clues you find. If they are among us, we need to know where and why. Agents Netil and Soliver, you're going with me to Arizona."

"Yes, sir." Collin Netil replied.

Ann Soliver nodded. The hunt began once more.

***

At "The Los Angeles Voice" newspaper office, Mr. Dither was disheartened in his office, thinking that nothing else would happen when a reporter ran down the aisles with his digital camera in his hand. He still had her telephoto lens on. He was Andrew Thomas, who was wearing jeans, a white shirt and a beige vest with many pockets that allowed him to store his photographic materials such as macro lenses and zooms.

The editor was frightened when the journalist entered his room without knocking, gasping, bumping into things, breaking everything:

"Boss, boss... I did it... I photographed an alien ship and a robot in the skies of California."

"Let me see," said the editor, already taking the reporter's camera. "How did you get these pictures?"

"I think I was at the right time and place. These extraterrestrials wouldn't allow themselves to be photographed this easily. They must be acting secretly in the country. Sir, after this, I think I deserve a promotion."

"Is it a US government ship and a new robot prototype?" He studied the picture a little more before stating. "Come to think of it, these things aren't from this planet... Let's slow down on the promotion," he said, glaring at the photographer. "I can tell you that I really liked these pictures. Keep working hard and I'll see what I can do."

After observing the pictures well, Dither, who was editor-in-chief, called for the newspaper's headlines' responsible and ordered:

"Put these photos on the first cover. Write the following title:"

They are among us!

"Finally, sir, we got the scoop we wanted so badly," Andrew Thomas said.

"What else did you find out?" Asked Dither.

"Boss, they disappeared in midair. I don't know if they went back to space or if they're still here on the planet."

"I want you to search every place for any news. Something big is about to happen. Find it out, because I want to be the first to know," said Albert Dither.

***

The newspaper was published and the images had repercussions in the media all around the world. The next day, two men dressed in very lined dark blue suits entered the newspaper office and appeared as government agents. They showed their badges and their entry was allowed in the editor's office.

"What does the government want with us?" He asked his secretary.

"I don't know, Mr. Dither. They said they wanted to talk to the head of the newspaper."

"They can come in."

The police officers in sunglasses came in and one of them closed the door behind him. He almost knocked the door on the secretary's face, who was accompanying everything up close, curious. The looks of the entire editorial staff turned to the glasses of the chief's room.

One of the men threw that day's newspaper at Mr. Dither's table and, pointing his finger at the headline on the front page, asked:

"We want to know what you found out about these aliens. The issue now is of national security and any information must be transmitted to the government under penalty of arrest. This reporter and the photos, how did you get them? We don't want you to publish anything else on this subject. You got it?" The agent said in a menacing tone, lifting with his right hand the front page of The Los Angeles Voice newspaper.

"My reporter was simply at the right time and place. He's on the field looking for more information. Anything we know, we'll certainly tell your agency. What's the name again?"

"Alpha-Omega, Pentagon, here's our contact," the agent said, leaving a card.

Mr. Dither realized that something very serious was occurring and it seemed that the government knew as much as they did. Staring at Los Angeles' blue sky through the newspaper office window, he realized that he had a large scoop in his hands and he wouldn't miss the opportunity to continue to highlight his newspaper to the whole world. No government censorship would make him give up publishing such news.

"My nation was founded on the principle of freedom and democracy. The world needs to know," he pondered.

The ships went up across the heavens, reaching into space, and entered the wormhole that connected the two galaxies, stopping near the moon of the planet Life. Merko knew that the plan of a rebellion could fail, especially if there was a traitor among them, so he asked Drako to control all communications from the rebel fleet.

Everyone was tense, in anticipation of what would happen in the next few hours.

The captain looked at his home planet and was thrilled by the sight. After so many years away from it, his heart quickened as he thought about stepping back onto the soil of the planet he loved so much. The other crew members also enjoyed returning home, although they knew they were in great danger, and a simple uncalculated risk could put everything to waste. Zara wanted to revisit her loved ones and Nicholas wanted to accomplish his mission and then return to Earth as soon as possible. He had been away from home for a long time and missed Helen, Lorena, and Sophia.

Mirov appeared on the holographic screen of the ship Interceptor, which was now under Fizard's command. Before the connection was completed, they announced on the command bridge and Merko hid himself with his companions, leaving the enemy's field of vision. Crom also left and remained in Merko's company. Even so they managed to hear the broadcast. King Mirov started to question Colonel Fizard, after observing in a holograph the identified flying objects that were approaching:

"Commander, what does that mean? I see not five, but six ships. What happened?"

"Your Majesty, when we were going to arrest Merko's ship, another ship appeared in their aid, Science, and we captured it as well. We lost a ship from our fleet in battle, Star Dragon, but in return we rescued Star Hunter ship and with the firepower of the robots and our battlecruisers we were able to arrest all your enemies."

"But how? A rebellion of my subjects? I knew I couldn't trust the crew of this scientific ship. I'll punish them with vehemence, I won't have compassion! Bring them to me as soon as possible. But why haven't I been told about this before your return trip? Are you having problems with the communicators of all the ships left on the fleet?" Inquired the false emperor with suspicion.

"No, Your Majesty. I thought you'd be satisfied with the news and decided to make you a surprise..."

"This isn't a joke, Fizard! You are dealing with very dangerous people. Merko is a powerful military man. Where is he?"

Fizard immediately sent false images, showing Merko's situation. The recording showed him and Crom in the Interceptor's prison, with magnetic hand cuffs and control collars around their necks, as well as his entire rebel crew. Drako had recorded the scenes in advance to deceive the tyrant monarch and succeeded... Mirov smiled and narrowed his eyes, showing satisfaction.

"Very well done, Commander Fizard. I'll give Merko what he deserves! The bastard will pay for what he put me through all those miserable years in prison."

"Yes, Your Majesty. We'll now start the landing procedures and you'll have your victory. I'll hand the prisoners into your hands. Then my men and I will need to rest because of the fatigue of the combat."

"I'm going to head to the Base's main berth, for I want to receive my prize personally," Mirov said, with an immense will to overthrow Merko.

Fizard turned to Captain Zidrone and ordered:

"We're arriving at the planet. Order to prepare the landing at the dock of the central base and the transportation of the prisoners."

"Yes, Commander!"

Mirov observed the whole situation and celebrated his victory with his allies in the royal palace. After cutting off communications with the ship, Radof asked him:

"Your Majesty, may I speak to you for a moment?"

"Say it, you worthless one! Can't you see I'm celebrating?"

"Perhaps they have put poison in the banquet of victory that you taste so well."

"What do you mean by that, you useless?" Mirov said, already red with anger.

"Don't you find it strange that there was no communication of the success of the mission from planet Earth? It was a reason to rejoice."

"Yes, Radof. But Fizard is my commander and, as he himself said, he wanted to surprise me."

"Military men don't make surprises, master. Unless it's a strategy to win a battle. Remember this!"

Mirov fell silent, worried, thinking of the words of his servant as he watched the ships entering the airspace of the planet. He frowned and closed his eyes while those words of his advisor echoed in his mind: "Military men don't make surprises... Military men don't make surprises except in strategic cases. Military men people don't..."

Without thinking twice, he ordered his subordinates to prepare a ship for escape. He would have to make a strategic withdrawal. There were only two robots ready to attack, because he had sent the others and the best ships to Fizard's mission.

He couldn't defend himself and he didn't want to go back to prison, ever.

He remembered Merko and how he knew him. He knew he wouldn't surrender easily, and would certainly die fighting. "Yes, it can only be a trap, a rebellion against my reign." If he were wrong, he would only have to return safely later, but time would reveal the truth about his enemies.

"Radof, let's escape on the opposite side of the planet. If it's a trap, we'll run away. If it's not, we'll come back. When they arrive, we'll already be gone. Prepare the genetic material that's in the lab of the Scientific Building. If they deceive me with an ambush, I'll take revenge by putting my last plan into action and they will drink the cup of my fury!"

"Yes, Master. In a few moments everything will be ready for us to leave. I'll order the soldiers of the Royal Guard to begin the escape protocol." Radof replied, shaking his head.

"I need a crew of 50 people between men and women, chosen from the best of the royal guard soldiers. I want three genetic scientists, two nuclear physicists, three engineers, and take with us Croiff, the cupbearer. His services will be important on this trip."

All those chosen by Radof and approved by King Mirov for the voyage obeyed, thinking that this was a conventional space mission.

The tyrant knew that if what Radof thought was true, the military and scientists of his crew would discover that the situation was an escape and could also rebel.

So, he decided that all the military and crew of the ship Genesis would use control leashes, whose power would be in his hands. If he were disobeyed or his life were threatened, he wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

Radof went to the lab, as the king had asked, and took several containers of genetic material already labeled for his master. Inside the scientific building, he pressed a button on his bracelet and a 3D holography formed in front of him. The listing with the gene samples was checked and he took them to the ship.

Mirov and his men entered the colossal battlecruiser Genesis, taking off from planet Life into a wormhole. His enemies would never have imagined that the engineers had developed a new electromagnetic weapon, capable of deforming the gravitational curvature and forming its own space-time passage, capable of providing a tremendous strategic advantage over their pursuers.

Mirov offered to the supreme commander of the planet Life's forces half of all the spoils that would be conquered in the mission. He had plans in mind that would result in much power for himself and those who served him. Greed and power so big that made Captain Kirubi serve him as a docile dog.

The captain, who was now allied with the tyrant Mirov, told him:

"Sir, we are out of our planet's orbit and the enemy ships must have already landed. By now, they know we're running away. Our spies who remained on the planet confirmed that Merko's arrest was a trap used by the rebels to seize power. We need to get into ultra-speed and travel in the space-time rift immediately because they'll come after us."

"Those wretched traitors! They thought they would trick me easily. Now it's my turn to give the payback."

"I'm glad I warned you, master!" Radof said.

"Don't be an idiot, Radof. I was already suspicious of that situation, too," replied the proud Mirov, leaving Radof increasingly disappointed with his master.

Mirov thought for a moment and ordered Captain Kirubi:

"Make sure that all the crew is wearing control leashes. Put this bracelet on your wrist. You'll have power over everyone on the ship just like me." The tyrant handed a bracelet to the commander and looked at the other one on his own wrist with which he controlled everyone. "Use the trans warp speed, and let's get out of here, immediately."

"Yes, sir." The captain looked at the navigational officer "Lieutenant, activate the warp speed and follow the coordinates five, one, zero, seven, towards the constellation Canis Major."

The chief officer began to record the mission commanded by Mirov:

"Logbook, four, eight, nine, zero, three. The ship Genesis heads towards its destination, after leaving planet Life and entering deep space towards the Orion Constellation in the Milky Way galaxy."

A portal of trans-gravitational electromagnetic energy opened in front of them and the ship disappeared in the middle of the Cosmos. Mirov looked from the hatch at the space deforming in front of them and thought, with an insane desire for vengeance:

"I will not have mercy this time. I'll destroy the whole human race and my enemies will never wish to have been born, because in fact they won't even have the opportunity to exist someday."

He laughed loudly and everyone stared at him, scared. But his plan was far more dangerous and crueler than anyone could ever believe.

_____________________________

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1.4K 38
COMPLETE TRILOGY 🏆Wattys Award book 1 in portuguese version. Governing Idea: We will become them and then, they will become us. Trilogy story inspir...
1.1M 7K 7
This is a sample novel. The complete version is available on ireader. *** Second installment of the DREAMS AND REALITY TRILOGY!!!! Must Read "MY DREA...
3K 313 17
When thirty-year-old Zara stumbled upon a mysterious mirror hidden among her family's heirlooms, she never imagined that diving into it would transpo...
6.6K 1K 37
❖ Interstellar pilot and ex-adventurer Alex Gallegos must keep their team safe on an icy moon as sentient storms threaten to repeat the tragedy that...