PTX FM (Scömìche, Kavi)

By PoisonJaffas

Mitch Grassi is a presenter for PTX FM. Scott Hoying is an international singing success. When Mitch gets the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
Epilogue

7

3K 155 87
By PoisonJaffas

After spending a day moping around, I had to go to work. Ideally I would've done nothing for at least a couple more days, but life was like that. It forced you to go on.

I threw on some clothes, making sure the shades of black didn't clash, but otherwise paying little attention to my appearance. I brushed my hair through with my fingers, and deemed myself acceptable.

My trip to Starbucks was relatively normal. A few people were purposely avoiding looking at me, I guess so I didn't think they were staring, but if anything, that was worse. I felt like they were ashamed, judging me for my stupid actions. I hurried back to the safety of my car, firmly deciding that this Monday was going to be terrible.

I was infinitely greatful for the lack of paparazzi outside the front of the studio as I drove past. Sadly, the reason there was no one at the front was because they were all at the back. I parked, fixing my hair again quickly, and then stepped out of the car. The flash bulbs immediately began to go off. I walked around the cameras.

"Did Scott break up with you?"

"Why did you reject him?"

"How do always get your hair so perfect?"

Questions were being yelled, and I stopped walking, motioning for them to be quiet. Once the group was silent, I gave my simple statement.

"Have you ever considered that it's honestly none of your business?"

I turned and hurried inside as the flashes started up again.

-

Kevin and Jake both gave me encouraging pats on my back when I arrived.

The show was full of callers with questions about Scott and our supposed breakup or fight. Kevin and the team either weren't picking people carefully enough, or the callers were doing whatever they could to get a tiny piece of news. It barely counted as news anyway. Scott had told them all that needed to be said. There was nothing between us.

I wasn't in the mood for joking around, and though I tried to exude my normal cheerfulness, I was clearly failing, as Kevin gestured for me to finish up an hour early.

Jess gave me a quick hug as we swapped over.

"Just go home and chill, Mitch. Let me know if you need anything," Kevin told me, placing a hand on my shoulder gently.

I greatfully took the offered freedom. I rushed to my car, thankfull that this time no cameras were to be seen. I drove home quickly but carefully. Once I'd made it to my parking spot outside my flat I breathed a sigh of relief. I was home safe. Time to continue the moping in peace.

I got into the lift, glad that it was empty, and pressed the button for my floor. When it pinged, I got out, heading towards my door, only to find someone leaning against the wall next to it.

"Mitch," Scott spoke quietly, just above a whisper. "I'm so sorry,"

I shook my head slightly, getting out my key to unlock my door.

"I totally understand if you hate me, I just want to talk to you, please," his ocean blue eyes met mine, and it was impossible for me not to at least let him talk.

"Ok."

I unlocked the door and grudgingly held it open for him to enter, which he did quickly, almost as if anticipating me changing my mind.

I stepped in and closed the door. I stood, ridgidly, unsure of what to do. I felt like a guest in my own home. It was uncomfortably silent for a moment.

"I'm so sorry, I know I messed things up, I should have told you everything before but I just couldn't," The words were tumbling out of Scott's mouth. I wasn't entirely sure what he was trying to say.

"Told me what?"

"I'm not actually with Kirstie, Mitch."

I did a double take. That's not what he told every news source ever last month. Or what he told me a couple of weeks ago.

Sighing, Scott perched on the edge of my sofa. I remained standing.

"Esther thought it would help promote us both, and Avi just agreed to it, like always. We had to fake date, and neither of us were thrilled, but we did it," he spoke to the floor, not looking at me at all. "We didn't think we were that convincing, but everyone seemed to buy it. Including you. Sorry," Scott met my eye.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Um... Well... I assumed you'd want to know..." He fumbled over his words, watching his hands nervously.

I nodded.

"Ok,"

"What?" He looked at me, surprise written on his face.

"Thank you for telling me. I still don't totally understand, but that's ok,"

I wanted him to leave. Was our friendship a publicity stunt too? Was the kiss? I was more confused than before.

Scott took a deep breath. "Mitch, I had to tell you this because I don't want to pretend anymore. I don't want to date Kirstin. Or any of the other girls I know," Scott paused for a moment, looking me in the eyes. "I'm gay."

That... made a lot of sense.

"Ok?" I still didn't want to jump to any conclusions, or put words into his mouth.

"Ugh, this is so much harder than I imagined," Scott muttered quietly, so I barely caught his words. I stayed silent, giving him time to say whatever he wanted to.

"I had to tell you all of this because I like you, Mitch. Thats why I kissed you at the party and I'm sorry for denying that I like you yesterday because I do," he paused to gauge my reaction for a second before continuing. "I feel terrible about it and Kirstie told me that I should come and talk to you, so here I am."

I looked at Scott in awe. He liked me? Was this a joke? I'd spent the last few weeks flirting back and forth with him, but him actually saying he liked me was a shock.

Scott watched me carefully as my mind raced.

"I'm sorry, we can just be friends. We don't even have to be friends. I've made things weird, I'll leave..." He got up to open the door, shoulders slumped slightly, but I reached out and grabbed his hand. He stopped, looking at me.

"After all that you want to be just friends? That's the most ridiculous thing you've said."

And with that, still holding his hand, I took a step forwards and kissed him. It was soft and sweet and perfect. Even more perfect than the first kiss. No interruptions. Just us. His lips on mine.

After a minute, Scott broke away, still standing close to me.

"Oh my gosh," He smiled goofily, resting his forehead against mine as I looked into his calm blue eyes. I could easily have stayed like that forever.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked. I had been so hurt and annoyed earlier, but any remaining traces of that were gone.

"I hope not,"

I could feel Scott's breath as he spoke. I reached up to gingerly touch his cheek as he smiled.

"Mitch,"

My eyes darted back to being locked with his.

"Will you be my boyfriend? I mean, we might have to keep it quiet for a bit, but..."

I honestly did not care at all. I was happy to be Scott's secret boyfriend any day.

I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek.

"Of course, Scott!"

His face lit up like a child's. He wrapped the hand I wasn't holding around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest.

We stood like that for a minute, just watching each other, but eventually Scott released me. I let out a small giggle.

"Are you ok?" Scott asked.

"I'm fine! This is definitely not how I expected the day to go, but it's a thousand times better," My happiness was evident in my voice.

He gave a sweet smile as he spoke.

"I'm glad you think so."

"Can you stay for a bit?"

"Of course. Kirstie's covering for me, and no one argues with her."

I laughed.

Scott flopped back down on the sofa, and I curled into his side. I put on a trashy film, but I was focusing more on enjoying the fact that I had Scott this close to me. My boyfriend, Scott. It would take a while to get used to.

"I was so scared you were going to just kick me out," Scott confessed after a few minutes.

"I thought about it," I kissed his cheek again, "But then I decided you were too cute for me to let you get away, even if you have been confusing as anything."

Scott smiled, leaning down slightly to press a kiss to my lips.

"I'm sorry. Is everything all cleared up now?"

I nodded.

"Its weird, but I get it. I just wish things had been clearer from the start,"

"Me too."

Scott rested his head on top of mine (which cannot have been comfortable for him considering our height difference) and turned his attention back to the film. I shot a quick message to Kirstie.

M: Thanks x

K: no prob!
K: i guess everythings all good now?

M: It's all perfect

K: dont go getting all sappy on me

M: Sorry!
M: Ur still my fave

Scott glanced over at my messages and gave a chuckle.

"I thought I was your favourite?" He batted his eyelashes at me.

I hit his arm gently.

"Of course you are silly, I just don't want to get on Kirstie's bad side."

"I knew someone who got on Kirstie's bad side once. I haven't seen her since,"

"Are you trying to scare me away already?" I laughed.

"Never." Scott told me, his expression serious.

We kissed again, and everything felt right in the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.9K 128
oneshots.
29.7K 2.1K 42
It all starts when Mitch is threatening to fail his exams and has to get a tutor. But as soon as he realizes that this tutor is none other than Scott...
461 7 25
"This love could be bad 4 us, bad 4 us, bad 4 us, but I want it. Bad 4 us , bad 4 us, dangerous!" Scott is just someone Mitch gets butterflies arou...
20.3K 768 14
UNEDITED SOON EDITING Scott hoying is no stranger to being the new kid, but what happens when he meets a beautiful Brunette boy who completely change...