The Queen (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #2 in The Kingdom of Ula Series King Harry and Princess Emerald's love story continues as they begin the... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 49

21.5K 1.1K 115
By amandaJtommo

I leaned against the door, my ear pressed against the hard wood of it listening for movement of any kind. I couldn't hear them talking anymore, instead the other side of the door was filled with silence. Every once in a while, a soft snore would pass through the silence.

I pressed my hand against the door forcefully and slowly turned the handle. I pushed the door open and quietly stepped through the frame, my shoes secured in my hand. I tip toed passed the passed out men. Beer bottles littered the table and sofa in front of them where they crashed. I reached the front door and quietly opened it, stepping across the threshold quickly. I put my shoes on and began quickly walking away.

My mind was racing at how unlikely that whole situation was. I should never have been able to escape from them, but I heard how much they were drinking the previous night. Bottle after bottle, can after can, was popped open and consumed. Their words became less and less coherent as the morning sun rose. Just as the sun broke the horizon, their incoherent words became a wave of silence.

I don't even know where I was heading right now. I needed to find somewhere to go, some place to find refuge and get a hold of Harry. I can't imagine how he's feeling right now, he must have stayed awake all night worrying about me and sending out a search party. That's exactly what I would have done if I were him.

I've been outside for a while, I was so cold. It's near the end of December, and the frost in the air pained my skin. I must have been walking on foot for an hour or two before I found a little hotel. It was the first place I've seen since I left the place Niall took me. I walked up to the door and opened it.

I could hear the radio humming through the silent hotel.

"If anyone sees the kingdom's queen, please send word to your local guards," the voice on the radio said. I walked up to the counter and rested my hand on the counter. The woman behind it looked up and almost choked on the grapes she was munching on. She instantly stood up, curtseying.

"Call my husband," I said softly. "Please."

"Y-yes, y-your h-highness," she stuttered, her fingers reaching for the telephone. She grabbed a piece of paper and dialed the number. "H-hello, I'd like to say I have Queen Emerald at my hotel on the outer edge of Simbly," she said softly. She hummed into the phone a few times before she hung up.

"They're calling your husband now," she said softly. "Let's get you into a room and get you more clothes."

She put a "we'll be back" sign on the counter before walking over to me and ushering me to a room. She guided me to a bed where I sat down as she grabbed blankets and began throwing them around me. She picked up the room's telephone.

"I need a pot of raspberry tea in room 34. Be quick with it, Holly," she said, putting the phone back on the receiver. She walked over to me. "The babe? Is it okay?"

"Still moving around," I nodded, my hand cradling the bottom of my stomach.

"Good, good," she said. "I expect King Harry should be here within an hour or so. He's been looking for you most of the night."

"Okay," I nodded, looking down. She gently patted my shoulder before turning to the fireplace and starting up a fire.

"We don't want you or the babe getting sick, so we'll be getting you warm," the woman said as a knock sounded. "Come on in then, Holly. I said quickly!"

The door opened, and a young girl walked in with a cart and a kettle of tea with cups. She looked at me, her brown eyes widening before she lowered herself into a curtsy.

"Your Highness," she said softly.

"Thank you, Holly," I smiled at her. She poured me a cup of tea, handing it to me. I cradled the warm cup in my hand and sipped the sweet liquid.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" the woman asked. "Any cuts or bruises?"

"I don't know," I said softly. "I expect that Harry would be taking me to a doctor."

"I expect so," she agreed.

"Reagan," a man said, popping his head in. He bowed to me before continuing. "The King is just up the road on horseback. The town guards just informed us."

"Excellent," the woman, Reagan, said with a smile. "I'll leave you alone while King Harry gets here. Keep drinking that tea, and keep the blankets wrapped around you."

"I will," I nodded, watching as she walked out of the room. I set the tea down and looked at my hands. They were shaking, and I wanted Harry to be here already. I was growing impatient waiting for him.

I could hear his heavy boots against the wood floor. The handle turned and Harry walked through, his long hair dangling wet. He immediately crossed the room towards me, his arms outstretched as he brought me into a tight hug. I began sobbing as soon as his arms were wrapped tightly around me. His hand ran up and down my back, comforting me.

"You're okay, Em," he whispered, kissing my temple. "You're safe now."

"Your Highness—"

"Not now, Waters," Harry snapped quietly. "Let my wife calm down before you begin asking her questions."

I tried calming down, let out a few shaky breaths as I began to calm down. Harry's long fingers combed through my hair, as I calmed myself down. One of his hands dropped to my stomach, feeling for something. He let a sigh of relief escape his chest once he was nudged. He kissed my forehead softly. He insisted I sit down on the bed again, he handed me my cup of tea.

"Niall took you," he said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Yeah," I nodded. "And Eaton."

"Eaton?" Waters gaped. "He—he was the traitor?"

"He was," I answered. "You trusted him with your keys so I am guessing that's how the inside attack happened."

"I can't believe it," Harry gaped, running his hand over his mouth. "Eaton?"

"Where did they take you?" Waters asked me.

"I walked two hours on foot until I found this place," I said quietly. "I don't know where I was."

"How are we supposed to find the bastards?" Waters asked, looking over to Harry. "They're becoming more ruthless."

"I know," Harry nodded. "But right now, I think we should get Emerald to the hospital. I know she's fine, but we should probably get some rest and the baby be monitored."

"I think a car should be here by now," he said. "We called them on our way."

"Good," Harry nodded. "Why don't you go check for me?" he asked Waters. He nodded, walking out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, kneeling on the ground. "I was worried sick when you didn't come back."

"Niall was in our flat," I whispered. "He was there and he took me. From my own home. And Phoenix—"

"Is fine," Harry said. "She found me, and that's how I knew something was wrong."

"I was so scared," I whispered.

"I know," he nodded. "I won't let anything happen like that ever again."

Waters walked back in, and nodded.

I awoke to a soft beeping noise, and I could hear soft snoring from my right. I opened my eyes to see Harry asleep with papers sitting on the table next to him in the hospital room. He looked absolutely exhausted.

He seemed to have only been in a light slumber as his eyes opened, locking with mine quickly.

"Hey," he smiled to me. "You fell asleep as soon as we started heading here."

"I know," I nodded. "I was exhausted."

"You were out cold for the tests," he laughed, walking over to me and kissing my lips quickly. "They're keeping you here for a few days to monitor the baby. You've got a case of high blood pressure, my love."

"I'm not surprised," I rolled my eyes. "Being kidnapped would be a case of that."

"Yeah," he smiled.

"What about Christmas?"

"They assured me you would be home for Christmas," he smiled. "Go back to sleep, love. I'll be in the chair over there sleeping as well," he said.

"Can't you lay here with me?"

"I'm afraid I can't love," he said. "They told me I couldn't," he said. I let out a heavy sigh and threw my hand against my forehead. "I'll be right here."

"Okay," I whispered, letting my eyes fall closed again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 3.2K 23
Book two of the Home Series. Olivia and Harry are close to their 8th anniversary. Life hasn't always been easy for them but the love t...
1K 27 7
And here is the sequel to my first book in this series, it's sort of about getting married to Harry. You'll read about both the preparations and the...
25K 1.3K 26
Forced into marriage with not much known about each other, Charlotte and Steven have to find a way to care for each other, and more importantly find...
62.8K 2.4K 20
Reyna is a princess and Harry is a prisoner in her castle. With his help, she runs away from an arranged marriage and her father's rotten kingdom in...