Choices the third of four in...

By CPDRuzekfan

The last in a series please read Shattered and Forgiven before you read this one. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Just a question!

Chapter 45

440 9 7
By CPDRuzekfan

She couldn't take her eyes off Anthony, she watched as he worked alongside her assistant it was going to take her some time to get used to being around him. It made her heart ache for Wendy that she never got to meet her son, she had her faults but she loved that little boy from the minute she found out she was pregnant.

Katrina was never Adam's biggest fan, but she knew that there was two sides to the story and that it wasn't all Adam's fault especially when Wendy started seeing Kevin again, it was the straw that broke their relationship. She refused to help Wendy cover her tracks and wanted no part in it regardless of wether or not Adam had also stepped outside of their marriage.

The bell signaling lunch brought her from her thoughts, "Let's go children, gather your lunch boxes and line up just like we practiced" she ushered them in a line assigning her assistant to be the 'caboose' while she stood at the front, Anthony her line leader.

Adam smiled at Kim who blew her nose for the third time since they arrived at the diner, Adam had taken an early lunch, "Are you laughing at me?" Kim asked him.

"No" he laughed, "I would never, I just find you adorable" he winked, hoping she had forgotten all about Katrina Cameron he had successfully dodged the question on the ride home and he knew he wouldn't be so lucky if she asked again.

"You are laughing at me, but it's okay" she told him, "I'm being silly, I'm sure Anthony is having a great time at school, I just didn't think he'd be all 'bye mommy' he barely looked at me, he doesn't need me anymore"

Adam felt bad, "Oh, don't say that. Of course he still needs you, he'll always need you" he grabbed her hand, "just like Harper will too"

"What about you? Will you always need me?"

"Of course, I don't think Amy wants to start doing my laundry or cooking for me again" he laughed dodging the napkin she threw at him, "Darlin', I will always need you, you're my heart" he winked.

Kim waited long enough it was obvious he wasn't going to bring it up on his own, "How do you know Anthony's teacher?"

He groaned, "Ugh, I was hoping you forgot" he pushed his plate aside, "She was Wendy's best friend, they had been since they were kids" he told her, "She was living in Denver, when Wendy was killed"

"Really?"

"She's a good person Kim, I'm sure she's a great teacher" Adam hoped she wouldn't want Anthony moved from her class, "Anthony will like her"

She suddenly felt all the insecurities she felt when Anthony was a baby, "It's just a little strange, he'll be okay with her though right?"

"Yea, it won't be a problem" he told her, his phone vibrating, "duty calls" he pulled her up from the booth, "I will see you later" he kissed her.

"I love you Adam" she said as he left the diner.

Annie had just put Drew down for a nap when Kim arrived, "I need you to talk me off the ledge, Annie. I'm freaking out" Kim said as she sat on the couch.

"What is it? Has my brother done something stupid?" She cleaned up Drew's toys, he had just started crawling and was in to everything.

Kim shook her head, "No, he hasn't. We dropped Anthony off at school today"

"That's right, I'm sorry I forgot all about it" she interrupted her.

"It's fine, Anthony did great, I just don't know if I like his teacher or not"

"What happened?" Annie asked perplexed, she wasn't sure how Kim could dislike her on the first day, "Anthony is a great kid, I'm sure his teacher will love him"

Kim stood up and peeked on a sleeping Drew, "His teacher was Wendy's best friend"

Annie was flabbergasted "No way!" She sat back down on the couch, "Small world I guess, huh?"

Kim faced her, "Do you think she will hate me? Oh, God even worse do you think she'll take her hatred for me out on Anthony?" It just hitting her that she may assume Adam had cheated on Wendy with her, "what if she thinks I stole Adam from Wendy?"

Annie put her hand on Kim's leg, "Woah, slow down. You didn't break up that marriage, from what I know Wendy did that all by herself and if that woman mistreats Anthony she'll have to deal with me!" She told her, "Though, I tend to think she won't do that, she's a kindergarten teacher she won't treat Anthony poorly because of something she thinks you did, that'd be insane"

Kim nodded, "Yea, you're right. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and just see how it goes" she checked her phone, "I need to go pick Harper up from your dad's house and pick up my big boy from school"

"I hope he had a great day, and I'm sure everything will be fine on the teacher front" Annie hugged her, "I wish Drew was awake, he misses his Aunt Kim"

"I miss my little Drew-Boo too, we will have to get together the weekend" Kim told her, "thanks for talking me down"

Kim waited in the pick up line, it was weird not having Anthony with her all day, even Harper looked as if she was lost with out her big brother.

"Is it time to go?" Anthony asked, "I want my mommy" his lip trembling

Katrina went to him, "It's okay Anthony, your mom is waiting outside to pick you up" she told him helping him put his back pack on, "we're going to go now, you'll see" she said as she took the car riders to the front entrance of the school while her assistant took the bus riders to the back of the school.

"Bubby!" Harper yelled from her car seat when Anthony was brought to the car, Katrina opening the door for him.

"Good afternoon Mrs.Ruzek, this little guy had a great first day" Katrina reported, "he was the line leader today"

"It was fun mommy, and I have a new friend his name is Parker" he smiled "Hi, Harper" he kissed her cheek, "I missed you"

"See you tomorrow Anthony" Katrina said as she closed the door.

"Bye Ms.Cameron!" Anthony smiled.

Over dinner that night Kim questioned him, "Anthony, do you like Ms.Cameron?" She asked cutting up Harper's food, "is she nice?"

Anthony took a big sip of milk and used the back of his hand to wipe his mouth, "yea, she's nice" he popped a piece of steak in his mouth, "where is daddy? I want to tell him about PE" he was enamored with the school's basketball courts, "you should see the court mommy and the scoreboard is big just like the Bulls. Uncle Kevin needs to see it"

"Daddy is still at work baby, he probably won't be home until after you're in bed" she wished he was already home, she was still rattled by the fact that Wendy's best friend was Anthony's teacher.

Katrina studied the pictures she had taken that afternoon, Anthony in nearly every one she took, he looked just like Adam but she could see Wendy in him. She finished up the collage realizing she needed to take more pictures of the other children.

"Longest day of my life" Adam announced tossing his keys on the countertop, "Harper Grace, shouldn't you be in bed little lady?" He picked her up, "It's late you both should be in bed" he sat on the couch beside Kim, "Did Anthony have a good day?"

Kim nodded, "He did, he loved it actually" she held his hand, "I'm the one who is freaking out" she admitted.

Harper rested her head on Adam's shoulder, "why?"

Kim rolled her eyes, "It's silly but the fact that Anthony's teacher is Wendy's best friend is a little uncomfortable"

"I'm telling you he's going to be fine, don't worry so much" he told her, "let's put this one to bed and see if we can get you knocked up" he smirked.

"You're such a romantic" she laughed.

"Meet you in the bedroom?"

A month had passed and Anthony had adjusted well to school, Kim's uneasiness had left.

Katrina watched as Anthony worked diligently to cut out his shapes, she couldn't resist the urge any longer, "Anthony honey, do you know I knew your mommy?"

Anthony looked up at her, his head cocked to the side, "You're silly Ms.Cameron, I know you know my mommy" he told her, a small giggle filling the silence.

"No, Anthony your real mommy" she explained, "the mommy whose belly you grew in" she told him.

"What do you mean?" He asked her putting the scissors down, "I lived in my mommy's belly, just like Harper did"

Katrina felt horrible, never thinking he didn't know, "you know what I must be confused, just forget it ok?" She told him, hoping he would.

Anthony shrugged his shoulders, "okay, can I go play in the block center?"

"Sure, go on" she told him, feeling sick to her stomach. She wanted to crawl in a hole and die, Tanner had told her not to mention it and she should have listened to him. She could only hope that Anthony will have forgotten all about it, and that he wouldn't, mention it to his parents.

Adam waited in the car line, he had gotten off early and told Kim he wanted to get Anthony.

"Hey, that's my dad!" Anthony told one of the ladies working dismissal, she took his hand and led him to the car, "Dad, you picked me up!" Anthony smiled.

"I did, is that okay?" Adam asked.

"Yes, it's cool daddy" he smiled as he buckled his seat belt.

"Have a good weekend Anthony" the woman said as she closed the door.

"How's Declan?" Kim asked Helen, it had been too long since they had gotten together, "Anthony wrote him a letter, he's very proud of himself that he can write now" she laughed the letter was just a few sentences long but Anthony beamed when he finished it.

"That's sweet, I'm sure Declan will love it" Helen sipped her tea, "he's alright I guess still doesn't want us to visit him, says only Adam" she wasn't sure why but wouldn't go against his wishes, "I just make sure to send him a letter or card at least once a week" she dabbed at a wet spot on the tablecloth with her napkin. "Tell me, how are things on the baby making front?"

"Ugh, nothing yet" Kim blew out an exasperated sigh, "not for a lack of trying" she wasn't sure who was more frustrated her or Adam, "I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen"

Helen laughed, "You make it sound like a chore"

"I don't mean to, it's just I want this so badly" she whispered, "I'm afraid it won't happen"

"It'll happen Kim, try not to worry" Helen patted her arm.

---NOTE----

Sometimes an outlet is just what you need to clear your head, so here you go..

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 113 8
The aftermath after Kim's testimony, revealing her relationship with Sean Roman. A BurZekMan story. I know I said I was done, but I'm really bummed o...
3K 39 8
One shots about our favorite cops☺️ Requests are always accepted, I'll write almost anything but if I don't think I can write something I'll let you...
149K 2.4K 32
A series of Chicago P.D. themed one shots from my Tumblr account (+exclusive content for Wattpad only). Stories range from 1,000 to 3,000 (at most) w...
179K 3.4K 25
will you come back to me? always. ✧・゚:*✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧ jay halstead's life turns upside down when a case reunite...