Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 28

844 29 4
By cliffordpunkrock

"Okay little man, now kick as hard and straight as you can!" Calum's instructions hung clear in the air and Enders little tongue poked out in concentration as he jogged forward and kicked the ball towards the white roped goal a few meters away.

The black and white ball hit the outermost corner of the goal but still made it in.

Cheers of encouragement rang through the back yard as everyone applauded Enders job well done.

"Nice job mate!" Calum high-fived a beaming Ender and set the ball up so he could kick again.

I leaned back against the brick column as I watched the two of them practice. They had only been at it for a couple of hours but I could already see the progress being made and I couldn't deny the proud sister inside of me.

I glanced to my left to see Ashton having what seemed to be a pretty in depth conversation with Michael and Luke. Michael glanced toward me but looked away when we made eye contact.

I thought nothing of it and set down my glass of lemonade and walked towards Calum and Ender.

"Hey End, why don't you take a quick break and get a drink." I suggested and Calum agreed, sending Ender inside.

"You're pretty good at teaching him, thanks again." I smiled.

"Sure no problem! He's fun to teach and he's really improving! He's a fast leaner." Calum complimented him and I felt so happy for Ender.

"Want me to teach you some moves?" Calum suggested.

"Nah, I'm good." I laughed. "Besides, I might be too good for you and I don't want to damage your ego." I added with a smirk.

My dad had taught me to play footie when I was able to walk and I had gotten pretty good at it. I joined the team when I was in high school and made it to varsity. But Ender had gotten older and I had too much to do so I had to quit the team.

"Is that a challenge?" Calum smirked and I shrugged.

"It is if you want it to be."

"Alright." He nodded. "Alright game on."

I laughed as he jumped a few times and pumped himself up. I just stretched to the side and stretched my feet before getting myself into position.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I smirked and Calum's eyes widened as I swiped the ball in between us with my foot and slid to the side, kicking it behind Calum and into the goal before he even had time to move.

His jaw dropped and his cheeks got red.

"That's not fair! I wasn't ready!" Calum protested and I laughed.

"Fine, I'm a little rusty anyways. Go again?" I offered and Calum nodded yes.

I set the ball back between us and counted down from three.

This time he was ready and kicked the ball behind me and sprinted. I turned quickly and ran to catch up with him and cut in front of him, kicking the ball from under his foot and back towards the goal. I ran to kick it once more to get it in the goal but Calum's foot slammed into the ball just as I reached for it and kicked it away from me.

I huffed in annoyance and circled back to get it. Calum was just one step ahead of me and I knew I couldn't let him win. I pushed off on my feet and bolted around him, causing him to crash into my side. I kicked as hard and to the left as I could. My left foot tangled with his and we both went crashing to the ground on top of each other.

From the corner of my eyes I saw the ball smack the top right corner of the goal and yelled in victory.

"Damn it!" Calum groaned in frustration.

My back was on the ground with Calum practically laying on top of me.

"How are you so good at this?" He huffed catching his breath.

"My dad taught me." I laughed.

"Well he did a damn good job." Calum wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead.

That's when I realised we were still on the ground and he seemed to realise it too because he got off of me and reached down a hand to help me up.

"Good game." I smiled.

"Yeah for you maybe." He shook his head and I couldn't help but laugh.

Brushing the dirt and grass from my shirt and legs I strolled back to the porch.

I was about to go inside when a hand wrapped around my upper arm and softly tugged me backwards.

"I didn't know you could play football." Ashton's honey warm voice said lowly into my ear.

"I haven't played in a while." I shrugged and felt his hand rub up and down my side.

"Well I have to say, watching you play was pretty hot." He pressed his warm lips against my ear and I shivered. 

"How so?" I brought my voice down to a whisper.

"Hmmm...you just should have seen it from my point of view." He let his lips drag up to my temple and a shudder ripped through my spine. "But it also made me quite jealous." He nipped softly at the top of my ear.

Ashton had never been this sultry before and our conversation from earlier wasn't helping my imagination from running away from me.

"Oh yeah?" The words barely came out as a squeak.

"Mhmm," He hummed, " I didn't like Calum touching and falling all over you."

I finally understood his little game and let a smirk find its way onto my lips.

"Well, next time I'll pretend it's you instead." I winked and slipped through his fingers and into the the house, leaving him dumbfounded on the porch.

Had I actually just said that? I was extremely proud of my comeback and my newfound ability to leave Ashton speechless. I was completely loving my confidence.

I made it back to Ashton's room where I shed my dirty clothes and changed into new ones. Thankfully, this time when Ashton burst through the door I was already dressed.

"Woah there, can I help you Mr. Je-"

My sentence was cut off by Ashton's lips slamming into my own.

I stumbled backwards at the force but he didn't stop. My legs moved backwards until they hit the end of the bed and I fell back, Ashton following.

"You think you're funny do you?" Ashton said hotly into my mouth. "Saying that little comment back there...not cute, Carter." He dragged out my name as his lips continued to assault my neck.

My breathing was laboured and my head was dizzy.

"Sorry." I practically panted.

"Sorry's not gonna cut it." He kissed his way up to my jaw.

"Then what do you want?" I tugged at the ends of his hair and he moved his face so that he could look into my eyes.

"I want a kiss." He said simply and I couldn't help the laughter that spilled from my lips.

"Just a kiss?"

"Not just any kiss. I want a kiss that says I'm yours."

"You are mine."

"Then kiss me."

I did as he said and lifted my head off the comforter so I could attach my mouth to his. As always we connected perfectly and my heart beat speed up in the exhilaration of it all.

We kissed for what seemed like a while before we finally stopped to breathe.

"Remind me to make you jealous more often." I laughed and Ashton groaned. "Come on lets go back outside."

I took his hand in mine and tugged him out the door to rejoin everyone else.

Calum and Ender were still at it and Michael and Luke had moved to the porch with Ann.

"There they are!" Michael called as we walked outside hand in hand.

"Sorry I was just changing clothes." I smiled softly and sat down at one of the chairs at the patio table.

"Sure you were." Michael winked and Ashton reached over to smack the back of his head.

"Leave her alone." Ashton laughed.

"Hey, Carter!" Calum called from the yard and I looked to see him waving me over. "Come play with us!"

Ender started to copy Calum in waving me over.

"Okay!" I called back and stood up but before I left I leaned down next to Ashton's ear and whispered, "Don't forget what I said."

His sharp intake of breath was enough for me to know that he got the message.

I stifled back laughter as I jogged out into the field.

"So how do we want to do this?" I asked as I joined Calum and Ender.

"Well I can be on Calum's team and we can both play against you." Ender suggested.

"Or how about two on two?" A pair of arms wound their way around my waist and something between a smirk and a smile crossed my lips. Of course.

Ashton moved so his face was next to mine and I tried not to look at him.

"Okay so Ender and I against you two." Calum decided and we agreed.

"Someone just can't let it go, now can they?" I smirked towards Ashton who winked at me return.

The four of us spread out and placed the ball in the middle.

I counted us down and the game started. Ender and Calum quickly advanced towards the ball and Ender kicked it away from my almost touching foot.

Ashton went to kick it back towards me but Calum blocked him and kicked it back to Ender who went to kick it to the goal. I practically threw myself in front of the ball and hit it with my foot as hard as I could to the left.

I was about to get it when Calum jumped in front of me and I stopped hard, toppling over and taking him with me.

We crashed to the ground but instead of laying there I rolled over and got back up, sprinting to the ball that Ender was about to get.

"Sorry, bro!" I yelled and kicked it away from him. It made the goal and I went to high five Ashton (who was no help to the win but whatever) but a force behind me tackled me to the ground.

I landed in the grass with an "Umph" and turned my head to see my teammate on top of me.

"Really, Ashton?" I questioned and he just laughed while I rolled on my back so he could hover above me.

"Really." He leaned down and gave me a kiss before giving me a hand up.

"Good game!" I said to Calum who was shaking his head.

"How are you not professional?" He sighed and walked over to Luke and Michael.

"You know I think I'm going to make the team! And I would've scored a goal if Carter would have let me win!" Ender stuck his tongue out at me and marched off to follow Calum.

"He's so sassy!" I laughed.

"Well he is your brother." Ashton joked and I elbowed him in the ribs telling him to shut up.

After I got changed (again), this time with no distractions, I began to pack up.

We had to catch the ferry back to Haven Harbour tonight and I had used today's activities to forget it.

I didn't want to think about leaving Ashton and not seeing him for however long it would be until we got to spend time together was making me dread saying goodbye. Speaking of which we still hadn't talked about how long it would be.

I left his room to find him, and located him in the kitchen with the boys.

"Hey, Ash. Can you come here for a second?" I tried to not interrupt their conversation and Ashton nodded and followed me back to his room.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Well I was just wondering how long?"

"How long?"

"How long until we see each other again." I explained my question.

"Well, we still have a few more days before we have to take off to work again so I was thinking I'd go back to Haven with you and then come back when I had to leave." He suggested and I nodded, liking the idea.

"But how long will you be gone after that?" I pulled my lip into my mouth when his face fell.

"A while."

"How long is a while?" I asked slowly.

"A month..."

My shoulders dropped.

"I know it's not ideal but we can make it work. It's just one week longer than last time."

"But still...it's a long time."

"I know, baby I know; but let's not think about it." He pulled me in for a hug and I accepted but couldn't shake off the sad feeling.

A month. Four weeks. Thirty days. Too long.

"Please stop worrying, you're making me anxious." Ashton twisted his fingers into my hair as he held me to him. "I don't like it either Car, but it's my job."

"I know that. It's just hard for me. I've never been in a relationship before and the first one I'm in we don't see each other for weeks and it's just difficult for me to see how it's going to work." I admitted.

"I understand that, but I need you to trust me and know that I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure you know that the way I feel about you is real and I'm going to make this work. You just have to trust me." He replied.

"I trust you." I whispered and felt him press his lips against the side of my head.

This was what I like the most, just being here with him.

"I need to pack if we are going to make the ferry." He said after a minute and we let go so he could grab a bag.

We packed alongside each other and I left to make sure that Ender was packing as well (which he wasn't) only to return to my bags packed and placed by the door along with Ashton's suitcase.

Ender finally got packed and we set his stuff by ours.

"My mum wants to make dinner for us before we leave." Ashton led us to the kitchen where Ann was chopping away at some carrots on a cutting board.

"Can I go outside and play with Indie?" Ender asked and I nodded letting him get his last bit of play time in.

"He's going to want a dog for his birthday, I can already feel it." I laughed as soon the door closed behind him.

"I think a dog might be nice to have around." Ashton shrugged.

"Especially for protection, if it's just you and Ender." Ann added.

"I've thought about it before but it was just never a good time." I shrugged.

"Well I think it's a good idea," said Ashton, "You can pick one out at the shelter and it would be good to have some company around the house when Ender is at school."

"That's true...I think I just might. His birthday is in two weeks and it would make him so happy." I decided to do it.

"He's going to freak out." Ashton laughed.

"You'll have to tell me all about it!" Ann smiled and continued making dinner.

It was still light outside when dinner was finished and I called Ender back in to eat the lovely meal of roast and potatoes that Ann had made.

When we were finished I offered to help Ann clean up and Ashton had Ender help him pack the jeep.

"I'm really glad you came this weekend, Carter. I can tell that Ashton is head over heels for you and I can see why." Ann complimented me as we we cleaned up.

"Oh?" I giggled. "Well I really like him too."

"He's just so happy when he's with you and I know work can stress him out and it's nice to see him so cheerful and smiling. I know it kills him too when he has to leave you, I can read it all over his face and in his voice. He mopes around for days or until he gets to talk to you." She added as she set a now dry dish in the cabinet.

"Oh." I breathed. I wasn't really sure how to respond.

"It's okay, I know it's all so new and it's weird to hear those kinds of things but it's true; and I just wanted you to know that he's very lucky to have you." She smiled.

"Thank you." I blushed. "I'm lucky to have him as well."

We finished cleaning up and Ashton and Ender came back so we could say goodbye to Ann.

"I'm so glad I got to meet you." Ann said when she hugged me. "You're a lovely girl."

"Thank you for letting us stay in your home and for picking us up. It's beautiful here." I hugged her back.

"Well you have to come back then and we can take you to the zoo and the beach and have a whole weekend out of it."

"That sounds great." I gave her a genuine smile and stood back so Ender could say goodbye.

"It was nice to meet you Ms. Irwin." Ender hugged her and she laughed.

"It's was nice to meet you too, Ender. I'm sure Indie will miss you."

"I'll miss Indie too." He beamed up at her.

I moved Ender aside so that Ashton could say goodbye to his mum and then we all walked to the car.

"Call me when you get there!" She called out to us as Ash started the jeep.

"Okay!" Ashton waved at her and pulled out of the drive.

Ashton wove his way through the streets in comfortable silence until we reached the docks and boarded the ferry for Haven Harbour.

The boat was practically empty so we had the whole place to our choosing. We sat on the lower deck in the middle row so that we could see every angle of the gorgeous ocean view that I would never get tired of.

Ender fell asleep about thirty minutes into the ride and I let him use me as a pillow.

Ashton smiled at us when he saw our brother sister bonding moment and took another picture.

The ferry ride back home seemed to take forever but finally we pulled up to the landing and de-boarded the ship.

Ashton had parked his jeep on the car deck and went to go get it while Ender and I went to get our luggage.

He met us in the parking lot and we loaded up his jeep then took off towards the house.

The moment I stepped through the door to my house I felt at ease. Yes, I loved visiting Sydney and leaving the island for the first time, but it was stressful and strange not knowing where I was; and I was glad to be back into familiarity.

"Unpack and put dirty laundry in the basket then shower and bed!" I called up to Ender as he ran up the stairs.

"Okay!" He yelled back.

"And no playing with your toys either or I'll make you do the dishes for a week!"

"Aww!" He groaned and I heard him toss one of his remote control cars aside.

Ashton chuckled beside me and then dropped his bag by the door.

"I'm gonna go unpack, but you know you can make yourself at home." I poked his nose with my finger and he grinned.

"Okay." Ash leaned down to peck my forehead with a light kiss.

I dragged my bags up to my room and began to throw my clothes into two separate piles: dirty and clean.

Ender came by and picked up my dirty laundry to take downstairs while I put my toiletries back to their rightful spots.

"Hey, Car? Where are the sheets for the sofa?" Ashton called up the stairs.

"Um...in the bathroom closet, why?" I called back.

"Hold on." He laughed and I heard him tromp up the stairs.

"Hey." He walked into my room and moved over to me. "I was just wondering where I was going to sleep?"

"Oh." I blushed.

"What?" He asked.

"I just assumed you'd stay in here." I let my hand fall gently onto my bed, my voice nervous and thin.

"Oh, well I can if you want me to." He said more like a question.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and nodded, the heat still evident in my cheeks.

"Okay then, I'll go get my stuff." He smiled and I hurried to finish putting my stuff away.

After spending the couple of nights in his bed as a real couple, I wasn't afraid anymore of being that close and taking that step. I enjoyed being with him and waking up to him being there and feeling his legs tangle with mine since we both moved around in our sleep; I liked where we were.

Ash came back and set his bag in the corner of my room and dug through it to find a pair of basketball shorts and a tee shirt.

"I'll go get the little heathen into bed so you can get ready." I kissed his cheek and left.

Ender was already getting into bed and had put away all of his things.

"Goodnight, bro." I kissed him on the forehead.

"Night, Car." He burrowed himself into his blankets.

I went back to my room and I could hear the shower running next door to my room and took advantage of Ashton's absence to change into pyjamas and take off my makeup. I threw my hair in a bun too and snuggled into the covers of my bed.

Ashton came in a few minutes later running a towel through his hair.

"Ready for bed, babe?" He chuckled at my curled up position.

"Mhmm." I nodded into the blanket and he laughed, tossing his towel to the floor and crawling over my feet so he could get to the other side of the bed since I liked to sleep on the side closest to the door.

His body was warm as it laid next to mine and I giggled as the ends of his wet hair tickled my face as he leaned over to give me a goodnight kiss.

"Night." He murmured against my cheek and I smiled.

"Night." I stroked my fingers through the ends of his hair and then let the sheets and the sound of Ashton's breathing caress me into sleep.

--

Hey everyone! So i was thinking about doing a chapter from Ashton's point of view? what do you guys think? let me know!

Oh and i dropped a few more hints in that chapter about the ultimate ending but lets see if you guys catch any of them (;

Don't forget to vote and much love! xx -m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 215 36
Jasmine Irwin was stuck in an abusive relationship. Her brother Ashton found out, and so did her brothers best friend... Luke. Jasmine knows she hate...
10.5K 264 41
Alyssa gets bullied by Calum Hood and his friends Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford but what happens when Calum falls for her. Her da...
305 31 8
"We're going to Australia." "Seriously?" Delilah is shocked that she is going to Australia for one of her dad's business trip. For the short month...
523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...