Loving You Can Be Troublesome

By bulletqueen

(Greyson Chance FanFic) [YN], a daughter of a FBI investigator suddenly gets kidnapped by the man who her fa... More

CHAPTER 1: KIDNAPPED
Chapter 2: FINDING OUT
CHAPTER 3: REVELATION AND RIVALRY
CHAPTER 4: DEVELOPMENTS
CHAPTER 5: LETTING GO
CHAPTER 6: BACK HOME
CHAPTER 7:THE PLAN
CHAPTER 8: SWITCHING THINGS UP
CHAPTER 9:NOT THE END
CHAPTER 10: NORMAL DAYS
CHAPTER 11:CIRCUMSTANCES TO BE
CHAPTER 12: GOODBYE GREYSON
CHAPTER 13: MORE TO COME
CHAPTER 14: THE PAST IS BACK
CHAPTER 15: THOUGHTS & DOUBTS
CHAPTER 17: CHOICES & COURAGE (PART 2)
CHAPTER 18: AFTER EFFECTS
CHAPTER 19: GREYSON
CHAPTER 20: FRIENDS TO FOES
CHAPTER 21: ALMOST DISASTER DATE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 22: STRATEGIES TO ACTIONS
CHAPTER 23: THE LAST GAME CHANGER
CHAPTER 24: THE "REAL" TRUTH

CHAPTER 16: CHOICES & COURAGE (PART 1)

401 16 5
By bulletqueen

•[YN]•

My heart skipped a beat when I heard his voice again - other than his singing voice and from his interviews. He never really mention me other than his 'girlfriend.'

"I know you may be wondering why I've sent you this package. And why I have recorded this. To explain the meaning of this, I have to tell you how I joined the Family and such..."

(A/N: I'LL TELL THAT THROUGH GREYSON'S SINCE IT'S EASIER)

•GREYSON•

It all started when Whiskey went missing. Ironic right?

Alexa left the front door open when she went to buy something. I called Whiskey from the kitchen; he had to pass the foyer then the dinning room in order to get to the kitchen.

10 minutes passed; Whiskey still isn't by my side. Where is he?

I stood up from my chair and headed to the living room - he's always there - but when I came around to the corner he wasn't.

Did he just? Wait.

I looked back into the foyer to see that the front door wasn't completely shut.

Oh. My. God.

I got Whiskey's leash from the rack and dashed outside - into the cold night.

*****

I've been all over Edmond. No sign of Whiskey. I called Alexa, my mom, and Dad about his sudden disappearance and they are also looking for him. Maddox, Alexx, Caleb, Morgan, and Lauren are also helping out. Man, who would have thought that pup would be this troublesome.

*riiiiiiiiiinggg*

Alexa's calling. "Seen him already?" I put my phone on loudspeaker and placed it on the dashboard.

"Nope. Mom and Dad haven't either. Do you think he's back home by now?" Alexa asked in a grim tone.

"I don't know. I'll keep looking for now. You, Mom, and Dad need to go home now." I said firmly.

"Okay." I heard her sigh at the other end, before she hung up.

I continued driving slowly through town. Where are you boy?

*****

I glanced at my wristwatch. It's almost 10 o' clock. Alexa already texted me Whiskey isn't home yet. Morgan and Lauren had to go back home because it's their curfew. Maddox, Caleb, and Alexx have already gone home too. It's just little ole me now.

I was turning up to our street when I saw a black figuring running towards me. I immediately stepped on my brakes. The impact was hard and it left me a little dizzy. I looked up to see Whiskey happily panting in front of my car.

"Whiskey!" I stepped out of the car and dashed towards him.

I pulled him into my arms and he started licking me. He missed me.

"So, he's your dog."A voice behind us said. I turned in fright to see an old man calmly smiling at us.

"Ugh... Yes." I gave him a disgusted look. I stared at him from head to toe. His clothes were all dirty and torn, yet his face was so white and clean.

"He was in my backyard. Playing in my flowerbed; he even gave me a 'present' if you know what I'm talking about?" He raised a sarcastic brow. I simply nodded.

I then gave myself a mental slap. Greyson! Where are your manners?!

"I'm sorry about Whiskey, mister. If there is anything I could do I--"

"There is." He said in an 'ahh' tone. If you get what I mean by 'ahh.' "Can you help me with my business? I'm an old man and alone."

I was taken aback by his request. But I can't say no to him especially when Whiskey was troubling him. "Uhm... Yes." I answered him. I just hope this doesn't backfire on me.

"Good." He smiled. I looked at Whiskey who was panting still, I looked back up and the old man was gone. Shivers ran through my back.

Did I just talk to a ghost?

I glanced back at Whiskey. "Time to head home now, Boy." I patted his head and we both got in the car.

*****

"WHISKEY!" Alexa shrieked when we entered the house. Everyone ran up to Whiskey and gave him a hug.

"Where'd you find him, Grey?" My mom asked.

"In the streets wandering." I replied. I suddenly remembered the creepy, old man.

Just by remembering him, it became harder to breathe. My palms were starting to sweat and shivers running down my spine again.

I feel like something big gonna happen...

•[YN]•

"[YN]! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Alexa's voice rang through my ears. I paused the memo and hid it under one of the empty floorboards. I placed a dirty rag on top and I stepped on it making it look like it's been there for years. I then ran upstairs.

I shut the door of the basement and made my way to the living room.

"Mom?" Surprise all over my face when I saw my mom. "I thought you weren't coming back 'till 7?"

"I know. But Lisa and Alexa said that I should come home for some reason." We both faced Alexa. At her side were my things that somewhat resembled Greyson and our relationship.

"Exactly." She pushed the box into the middle of the group. "I want you to store these items under lock and key, Mrs. [YLN]." She explained.

"Why?" My mom went through my stuff. Picking up picture frames, souvenirs and other items.

"It's for the welfare of your daughter, [YMN]." Mommy Lisa replied.

My mom was lost in thought for awhile staring at my things and sometimes glancing at me.

My mom knew what's best for me, even if it's against her own rules and dad's. Besides Carly, she was my other bestfriend.

"Alright." She heaved a heavy sigh. Then she took out a photo of me and Greyson. It was a photo he took that night when we had a dinner date. We look so happy there.

"Except this." She showed the picture. "I know your son wouldn't want it too."

Mommy Lisa nodded. "Then our task here is over." She stood up and kissed my mom on the cheek. Alexa did the same.

"[YN]," Alexa gave me a tight hug as she whispered these words. "stay strong and don't lose hope."

The words she said made me smile and I just mouthed to her "I will." Mommy Lisa gave me a hug too,but she just smiled and walked away.

I sat down on the couch next to my mom. "Why'd you want me to keep that?" I pointed at the picture frame.

"It's your strength. Your source of power." She handed it to me. "You are a fan of his right?"

"Of course." I chuckled. " I always will."

She patted my hand and headed out again. Leaving me with the events that just happened and my feelings.

*sigh*

Greyson... Where'd you get the idea that you should come back when I'm on the verge of forgetting you?!

You're dead already yet you still come back. What am I supposed to do now?!

Well there are two things I could choose from:

1) Disregard every thing including the package and this picture of us and move on.

2) Lie to my parents that I'm okay and continue with your backstory and whatever it is your planning to do with me.

I groaned as loud as possible then I ran up to my room. I slammed the door and jumped into bed - crying.

•RICHARD•

I'm pacing around my room. I grabbed my phone and dialed Carly's number. After a few rings she picked it up.

"Hey Richard." She said cheerfully.

"Hey, can I come over your house? I really need to talk to you." I said desperately. Because I was.

"Ugh... You can't. My dad's friends are here. What about I come over yours?" She suggested.

I took a quick glance at my apartment. "Uhm... Just meet me at the mall instead, Carly." I said instead. My apartment looked like a tornado swept through the place and I can't clean this up today.

"Okay. What time?"

"Now." My tone changed. Carly must have know it because she only said "Okay" then hung up.

I pocketed my phone, got my leather jacket, and motorcycle keys and locked the door behind me.

I really need to get this off my chest.

*****

I was nervously sipping my coffee while waiting for Carly to arrive. And I'm now having doubts to tell her this or not.

Richard, you're out of your mind?! You only have known them for a week or so and you're gonna say this to her?!

"Richard."

My mind's just playing tricks on me that's all. This isn't real, what I'm feeling for her isn't real.

"Richard."

I jumped out of my seat. The coffee spilled all over the table and apparently onto Carly's top too.

"I-I'm so sorry, Carly." I took out my handkerchief and handed it to her. She grabbed it from my hands and wiped the stains of coffee on her red top.

"That's okay." She said rather annoyed. "It was wrong for me to shout at a guy who was clearly lost in his thoughts." She said not taking her eyes off her top.

"Let me buy you a new top." I offered.

She shook her head in reply. "No need. I brought another top."

*****

After Carly changed clothes, cleaning up the mess I did, and ordering some pizza, I then told her the reason of our meet-up.

"I think I'm in love with [YN]." I blurted out. Instead of giving me a slap on my face, she burst into laughter.

"You don't say?" She said in between her laughs.

"Wait! You knew I would fall for [YN]?" I asked confused as usual.

"Well," she took a sip of her drink. "you were predictable. Plus, my bestfriend's beautiful, funny, and cute." she stated.

I blushed at the thought when I first saw [YN]. The first time I looked into her crying eyes it reminded me of the first time I met my late girlfriend.

"Am I really that predictable, Carly?" I mumbled.

"Very. Good thing [YN] isn't as smart as me." She said then did a peace sign at me. "But it's true though. She's completely clueless about love."

"Even before Greyson died?"

She nodded silently. "I just don't know if she's willing to start over again. She's still broken."

"I know..." We both heaved out a long, heavy sigh.

I glanced at Carly, her face lit up all of a sudden.

"What are you thinking?" I asked suspiciously.

"You and [YN] kissing under the moonlight." She winked.

I felt my cheeks heat up. Carly again burst into laughter.

"You're so cute!" She continued laughing.

Even after Carly stopped laughing. My mind kept thinking about me and [YN] kissing. That'll never happen.

•[YN]•

Why...

Why...

Why...

*riiiinggg*

I took out my phone from my pocket. It was Richard calling. I wiped the tears with the back of my hand before answering him.

"Hey, Richard." I said half-heartedly. Although, anyone could tell from my voice I just cried.

"[YN]," his voice was shaky. "I need your help."

I shot up from my bed. "Why? What happened?" my heart beating faster of fear.

"It's... It's..." Richard was hesitant, which isn't like him. As far as I know though.

"What is it, Richard?!" I yelled. Which I regret, but I was getting impatient with him.

"Carly. Something happened to her."

I gasped. "Where are you? Where is she?"

"At the park."

"I'm on my way." Without saying another word, I hung up. I got my jacket and dashed outside.

*****

I'm now at the park. I dialed Richard's number again.

"Where are you, guys?" I said after he picked up. Adrenaline was now taking over me.

"Near the lake."

I quickly spotted the tree. I hung up on him for the second time and ran down the hill. I saw Richard who was kneeling beside an unconscious Carly.

I ran towards them. "What happened?"

"We were busy talking and eating some hotdogs we bought, then she collapsed after taking a bite." He explained. My mind quickly went to the hotdog.

"Where's the hotdog?"

"I threw it away." He pointed to the trashcan.

"And what about yours?"

"I ate it all up before we came here." His eyes widened.

"Don't worry. You already finished yours and nothing happened." I reassured him. He nodded slowly.

I then headed to the trashcan to examine the poisoned hotdog. I took a tissue from my bag and used it to pick up the hotdog.

"C'mon Richard. Carry Carly, we're heading somewhere."

He raised an eyebrow, but he didn't ask anymore for he knew I was not in the mood.

I took out my phone and dialed a number. I pressed my phone against my ear and waited for the person to pick it up.

*trrrrrrrrttt*

*trrrrrrrrttt*

*trrrrrrrrttt*

"Hello?"

"I need your help."

---

O.O

HEY GUYS! I'VE SEEN YOUR COMMENTS AND I KNOW YOU'RE ALL ITCHING TO READ THIS :D

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG... BLAME THE GOVERNMENT ABOUT IT. LOOL.

SO VOTE IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. 

SHARE IT TO YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU WANT TOO! I ALSO HOPE THIS CHAPTER MET TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ^_^

~BulletQueen <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.5K 71
"You seriously thought that you will jump from the window and escape?" "Yes." "Tsk. Tsk. That's so sad, but I guess you didn't think that you'd land...
What We Once Were By Lward14

Mystery / Thriller

274 3 25
"Why? Why won't you just let me in? I still-" She cut him off, "Don't. Don't finish that sentence Greyson, you know exactly why I can't just let you...
649K 21.7K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
20.3K 537 24
Shahana's life changed once she walked in on a terrorist attack at Walmart. Taken from her family, friends and everything she knows, Shahana is held...