A Place In This World

By hiljik

What if Taylor Swift was never discovered at the Blue Bird café? What if she had somehow wound up in Vancouve... More

A Place In This World
Tied Together With A Smile
Cold As You
Beautiful Soul
Shouldve Said No
The Best Day
I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Lover Dearest
White Horse
The Other Side Of The Door
All To Myself
Change
Good To You
Beside You
Cross My Heart
Superstar
Speak Now
You're Not Sorry
Never Grow Up
Dear John
Back To December
Fearless
Without You
Sweet Thing
The Story Of Us
3 AM
O Children
Mine
Ours
Haunted
Last Kiss
So Soon
By Now
Haven't Had Enough
Speak Now World Tour
Treacherous
Sad Beautiful Tragic
The Last Time
Skin And Bones
Secrets
Desperate Measures
Fallout
Say Anything
Feeling Small
Perfect
Fix Me
Begin Again
Kill Myself
I Won't Give Up
For The Nights I Can't Remember
Breathe
I'll Be Home For Christmas
A Thousand Years
Home
Ever After
Marry Me
Without You (Epilogue)
Authors Note

teenage dream

112 4 0
By hiljik

Taylor's POV

You think I'm pretty

Without any makeup on

I woke up. I was laying next to Josh. His soft snores breaking the silence. I stared at him sleeping. He looked so peaceful. It didn't happen often, but when I woke up earlier than him in the same bed, I savored the precious moment.

Today we were leaving to his parents cabin to stay for a few nights. The rest of his family would be there as well. It was like a little family get together. I woke him up with a good morning kiss.

"Mmf, good morning beautiful," he said looking into my eyes. I smiled. "How are you today?"

"Oh I'm good. Amazing. Wonderful," I replied.

"Oh really. Why's that?"

"Because I have an awesome boyfriend."

Our lips met again.

"So, excited to see your family today?" I asked. He groaned.

"Ugh, we're leaving today?"

"Haha, yes."

He groaned some more.

"Oh come on. Aren't you excited? When's the last time your family's been together?"

"Well, as long as I'm with you I'll be excited about anything." I smiled and he brought his lips to mine again.

"Aw, well then I hope you're excited to brush your teeth because your breath smells really bad."

He laughed and I attempted to push the slug out of bed.

After what seemed like forever, we had finally gotten all ready, and were in his fancy vehicle with our bags in the back. We quickly stopped at Prado to get two Maple Lattes. Yes that's right. Maple lattes in the summer. The café had gotten so used to me ordering that drink, that they kept it year round just for me.

We made small talk as we drove. The drive was a few hours long, but it would pass by entertainingly.

"Hey, so is my scarf still at your sister's house?" I asked over the radio softly playing.

"Uh, heh yeah probably," he replied. I rolled my eyes. That scarf had been there for months now. I tuned back to the radio.

"Hey all you Taylor Swift fans, if you're a boy don't get excited, because earlier today she was spotted at a café with Josh Ramsay, lead singer of Marianas Trench. Still lots of controversy about the odd pairing. Sources are saying that he's too rebel for her. Is this another relationship gone wrong after a few months? We'll find out soon."

I huffed. It was like nobody in the world agreed with us being together. I quickly switched the radio station. It was getting dark, when I realized we had been driving for way too long now.

"So um," I cleared my throat, "you have no idea where you're going do you."

"Uh, what are you talking about? I know the way perfectly," he said. I might have caught a bit of sarcasm in his voice. My eyes went wide.

"Oh great! We're lost in the middle of nowhere. We're gonna die and get lost and kidnapped and raped—"

"No we're not!" He laughed, "We're just taking the long, and, scary way…"

I laughed. I loved his sweet disposition that sometimes shined through his tough skin.

"Hey! I love this song," I turned the radio up louder.

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream! The way you turn me on, I can't sleep," I began obnoxiously singing loud. Josh joined in.

"Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back!"

I rolled down the window so that all the bears and deer that live in no mans land could hear us. I felt the wind whipping at my hair. I looked over at Josh and laughed. We were so ridiculous together. Here we were getting lost upstate, singing at the top of our lungs.

Josh did some ridiculous loud note and then apologized. "Oh sorry, the black girl inside of me escaped for a bit there."

We both laughed. We got caught up in each others gazes. I looked back at the road. I still felt his eyes on me. I saw that we were barreling towards a red light. He wasn't showing any signs of stopping.

"Josh!" I yelled.

He slammed on the brakes and we stopped at the last second.

"It's alright my ninja reflexes are still working," Josh explained.

"Oh God. I hope your ninja skills can help whiplash," I remarked.

Finally, we managed to get to the destination. It was a nice looking two-story cabin, looking out over some lake that I forget the name of. We grabbed our things and walked towards the door. After greeting everybody, the night got late, and we settled down for bed.

I cuddled up next to him, trying to forget about the summer heat. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed me on the temple.

I finally found you

My missing puzzle piece

I'm complete

We awoke the next day, to the bright and early sun. I looked up at the clock on the wall. It read 8:45. Only in the summer, when I'm away on some vacation, would I ever be okay with waking up at that time. Then the heat hit me, and it would only rise from there. I attempted to push Josh off me, but his gangly arms held on tight.

"No! Your too hot," I complained.

"Babe, you know I'm hot. I'm so hot that I make my sexiness sizzle," he said.

"What? That doesn't even make sense."

He shrugged.

"Whatever. But let's go make some breakfast, I'm starving." I laughed.

We walked down the stairs, and turned into the kitchen. Breakfast was already being made. Hallelujah.

"So, ready to go wake boarding?" Josh's dad, Miles asked.

"What? I hope you realize that I have no athletic skills whatsoever," I replied.

"Ah heck, you don't need skills, you just need to be better than Josh."

"Uh, I heard that," Josh said sitting in the shade with a deck of cards in his hand.

"Oh, in that case, I challenge you!" I told Josh.

"Challenge accepted."

I floated in the water with my feet attached to the purple board while I was holding the rope. Waiting for the boat to start at any moment. I saw a thumbs up, and the roar of the motor filled my ears. I felt myself being tugged up, and I engaged what leg muscles I had.

The wind in my hair, and the spray of water in my face, I was pulled around the lake. Since I was so light, I just stayed on the wake, but I wanted to try to move around. I leaned to one side, and my board began moving left. When my board left the wake, I took a bad stumble, and face planted. Ow, I got water up my nose.

I heard the boat coming near and looked up. All I heard was Josh laughing. Obnoxiously.

"Oh shut up! Like you could do better," I complained. He lifted me up into the boat, and I began un-strapping my boots, while Josh strapped his up.

He finished and jumped into the water. I sat there watching, as he grabbed the rope and waited. I pushed my hair off of my face. A thumbs up and the boat started to go faster. A few seconds later he fell. We all laughed.

"Oh! Oh! Look who's laughing now!" I shouted at him.

"Shut up! I'm just getting warmed up," he replied.

"Well, it might just take him a few hundred tries for him to warm up," Sara said, sitting next to me. We laughed some more.

The boat started, and he made it a few more seconds before falling. Again. And again. And again. Finally, after a few more tries, he lasted staying up for more than a few seconds.

"Woah! The faggot lasted more than ten seconds," Sara shouted. I smiled.

We watched as his dad guided the boat around the lake, twisting and turning here and there.

Then I saw something in the water. Actually, a few things. It was a whole bunch of logs floating, and he was headed straight for them.

I barely had enough time to call a warning, when his board hit the first log, sending him toppling straight down into the next one. Head first. I gasped and stood up. The boat stopped.

"Josh! Are you ok?" I called out, worry building in my stomach. He didn't reply.

No regrets, just love

After an amateur rescue attempt, four hours in the emergency room, and five stitches later, we were on our way home. The whole time, I was trying not to laugh. I mean, it was serious, right? It's not nice to laugh at someone else's pain, right? When the hospitals involved, it automatically becomes serious and not funny at all. Right? Oh who am I kidding. I began laughing. I saw Josh look over at me from the passenger's seat.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh, it's just really funny," I laughed.

"Shut up," he complained. I laughed some more.

"Don't worry about it. Just think, one day you'll look back and laugh at it. I mean you knocked yourself unconscious while wakeboarding. That's so funny!"

"It's not my fault, I wasn't the one steering,"

"Bahah, so you're saying that your dad knocked you unconscious? That's even funnier!"

I slowed to a stop as we made it back to the cabin.

He sighed.

"Aw, I'm sorry for making fun of you," I said.

He didn't reply. He was so cute when he was angry. I stifled my laugh.

"Will a get better kiss make it stop hurting?"

He nodded his head. I leaned over and kissed his temple. Right beside the stitches.

"Although, it's not the stitches that hurt, it's more my ego," he said as he got out of the car.

I'm a get your heart racing

In my skin-tight jeans

Be your teenage dream tonight

The next morning we awoke to the smell of breakfast. I stretched out my limbs.

"Good morning," I said to Josh.

"Mmf, five more minutes," he groaned. He was sprawled all over the bed. He had one leg hanging off, and the other was bent with the knee pressing into my gut. His arms were above his head.

"Yeah, my stomach can only wait so long to eat bacon."

"Bacon!" He sat up straight.

I laughed. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Josh hun, would you mind watching the bacon?" His mom asked.

"Sure," he walked over to the stove.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" She asked.

"Pretty good. Little hot, and this kid likes taking up all the room," I pointed at Josh. "But it was pretty good yeah."

"Ah, that reminds me. I have something to show you." She walked away into her bedroom.

I sat down on one of the stools at the counter. The counter top was exactly the same as the one I had in my house. Soon Corlynn came back with a photo album in her hands. She dropped it down onto the counter, and sat beside me.

"I like this counter, I have the same top in my apartment," I complemented.

"Oh really? Well then you have nice taste."

I giggled.

"So anyways, I kind of feel like its tradition that when you have kids, and they bring over a new girlfriend, you show her embarrassing childhood pictures."

"Oh yes please!" I laughed eager to see how goofy Josh was when he was younger.

"Wait, now hold on," Josh complained, still working with the bacon.

She sat down beside me and flipped it open to the first page. There were many pictures of him in onesies and drooling. I giggled at how adorable he was.

"Oh my gosh he's so tiny!" I gushed.

"Yeah, that was him five feet ago."

She turned to the next page. She described each picture very intently. Some were from birthday party's, others were Christmas. I couldn't help but smile at them all. It was strange that I knew so much about him, yet I had never been a part of anything that she was showing me.

As the book went on, he slowly aged. There were ones from his first day of school, I laughed at his Batman shirt. She was in the midst of explaining the story of him spilling pudding all over it and forever ruining the shirt, when Sara came in.

"Hey Sara, you're on this now. I have some important business matters to protect," Josh said pointing to the stove.

"Ah, Mom got the dreaded photo album out again?" She asked. He nodded. He walked over and sat on the other side of me.

As Corlynn showed me more pictures of him, she turned to one of him about early teens doing a sassy pose. I burst out laughing.

"Oh dear, what is he doing?" I laughed.

"You know, for a while there his dad and I, we were questioning how light in his loafers he really was," she joked.

"Well, if we're all being honest here," I began. Josh clamped his hand down on my mouth before I could get into any more detail.

"Yeah let's skip that part, but you and dad thought I was gay!" He accused his mom.

"Well, honey, we were still going to accept you either way," she explained.

He placed his head in his palms. When he lifted it, I noticed he was blushing very hard. His cheeks were bright red.

"Oh, and here's a picture of him when he was about four, and we decided to put him in t-ball. I think he lasted about one practice, before he tripped and came home crying with four stitches. He didn't make the team."

I burst out laughing again.

"Aw, you poor thing," I said to Josh, pinching his cheek. He glared at me and his mother.

She flipped to another. Josh was in his early teens wearing Harry Potter glasses while in bed. I giggled at his sassy face.

She flipped the page, and a picture of him with an annoyed face popped up. I could see he was about six, and was missing his front teeth.

"Aw, look at your missing teeth," I exclaimed.

"Ugh, I hated when I lost them. The stupid gap made me look like a nerd," he complained.

"You were six."

"So. I still looked ugly. Teeth gaps are gross."

She turned to another, and he was about mid teens, but very skinny for his size.

"Oh my gosh, look at how skinny you are there!" I gasped.

"Yeah, that was right in the middle of it all," he sighed. "But, that's all behind me now. It's in the past and I'll push it out of the way, and focus on the present and the future with you."

He smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled back at him. I touched his chin, and leaned in and kissed him.

"Oh get a room," Sara exclaimed.

"And we will," he sassed to her. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to our room. I giggled at his charming goofiness.

Be your teenage dream tonight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 826 41
Faith lives in a world of pain. She thinks she's fat. Suicidal. Her parents fight everyday. Her mom cries as her dad drinks, getting drunk every nigh...
5.1K 165 22
A young woman living in a hellish life longs to find a way out. The abuse takes its toll on her and she tries to find a way out. An accident when wal...
15K 254 24
Ashley is the typical kind of girl. Little beautiful brown hair girl living her own life, dowtown Moncton, not bothering anyone. She can't handle he...
14.5K 417 35
What will happen when Mabel, a 17 year old girl dizzied by heroin and suicidal ideation, meets Josh, a 17 year old boy who simply wanted a fresh star...