No Matter What // Zayn Malik

By lostinparadise25

Olivia has had a crush on Zayn Malik from the moment she laid eyes on him, and I mean could you blame her? He... More

No Matter What
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 32

44.8K 1.4K 333
By lostinparadise25

I'm just messing with your heads hahaha. Zolivia or Holivia? ;)

Chapter 32

"Harry, I told you I'd be - " I whipped my head around to see Zayn, the other boy who wasn't making my life very easy. "Z-Zayn. Hi."

His face was emotionless. Maybe I was right about him being a robot. But there was a tenderness in his eyes-a hurt almost.

"You okay?" He spoke calmly.

"Dandy." I smiled.

"Party's this way, babe." He shoved his hands into his pockets. His hair was a little wet and his wet shirt stuck to his easily seen abs.

"I'm just taking a walk. Didn't Harry tell you?" I was practically shaking as Zayn came a little closer.

"No, he was still a little love struck off that kiss you gave him!" Zayn rose his voice a little.

"Oh stop it!" I screamed.

"I don't appreciate that, Olivia!"

"Leave Harry out of this, all right?!"

"So now you're defending him?"

"Zayn!" Harry and I both yelled together. Zayn stared at me for the longest time with clenched fists and uneven breathing until he turned back to look at Harry. His eyes were filled with rage and jealousy.

"Don't yell at her." Harry spoke a little louder.

"This isn't your relationship, Styles." Zayn barked. "Back off."

"She's my best friend and I really don't appreciate you yelling at her!" Harry took a couple steps closer as I wished I could just hide under my towel.

"I wouldn't be yelling at her if you two weren't out here making out!"

"I wouldn't have had to bring her out here if you weren't being a bad boyfriend!"

The silence was so thick you could cut it with a knife and serve it to a party of six. Zayn turned to me, and I couldn't bear to look at him. He was probably pissed.

"A bad boyfriend?" He said through his teeth. "Who are you, Styles, to tell me I've been a bad boyfriend?! Look at you, you - "

I screamed at the top of my lungs for them to stop, my head feeling like it had been struck with a baseball bat.

"Stop it y-you two!" I screamed again, in absolute disgust of how close the two were to ripping each others heads off. "I will not speak to either of you if you dare lay a hand on each other!"

The boys took a step back and I managed to take a deep breath. I closed my eyes for at least ten seconds, counting down calmly as I turned my hearing aid up a little more.

Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two.

"Harry, can you give us a minute, please?" My head was in my hands as I sat down on the curb. "Thanks."

Zayn sat beside me and wrapped the towel around me a little tighter. I didn't push him off me or struggle because if anything, he should've been doing that to me. God, how was he so patient with me?

"I-I'm sorry, my head wasn't on straight and I was acting bipolar and I wasn't appreciating you and - "

"Olivia."

He pulled my hands away from my eyes and had me look up at him.

"God, I hate you." I got up quickly and threw my towel in his face. I stormed down the sidewalk with no shoes on as I stomped off.

He merely wrapped his hands around me and pressed me up against the nearest car. Our damp bodies were pressed against one another and onto the car.

"You hate me?" He tested. His voice was husky and the words rolled off his tongue with ease.

"You still love me. How stupid are you?" I sighed. "I'm a mess if you haven't realized that!"

He pressed his body against mine a little more and I gulped at how close we were. I didn't push him away though. I couldn't with his hands pinning my wrists down.

"That makes you more exciting." He whispered. "You're my mystery girl."

"Mystery is another world for an unstable."

"Why did you kiss him?" He whispered in my ear.

"I was confused." I admitted honestly. "He just started saying all these things and I just wanted to kiss him. Caught in the moment."

"Were you mad about something?" He kissed my ear gently.

"It was stupid. I just felt like you weren't real." I whispered.

"Real?" He seemed confused. "Define real."

I had the strength to shove him off me and flipped over so I was on top.

I smirked. "Like authentic. Genuine."

He flipped me over again. "Am I not either of those?"

I pinned him to the car's window to get the final word. "When you repeat, beautiful and lovely all the time, it gets a little old."

I reached for my towel which was lying in the street, shook it off a bit, and started to head back towards the house.

"You want to hear something real?" Zayn's voice was the only thing that could and would stop me from leaving. I didn't even turn around yet he knew I was listening.

"I smoke. A lot. You know that. I smoke because it's a stress reliever. When my grandpa died was when it started and when you hear that your sister wants to kill herself and wishes she'd stop breathing it'd make you want to stop breathing too."

My eyes watered as I put a hand over my dropped jaw. That didn't stop Zayn at all.

"It's not easy when the media is on your back twenty four seven. It's not easy when they're making up rumors about you that clearly aren't true and no matter what you do, the awful labels never leave you, because in fact, no one remembers the good parts of you. At least not as much as they remember the bad."

"Zayn, I didn't - "

"Know." He finished. "I know and I didn't want you to. Ever." He let out a deep sigh as a small tear fell down his cheek. His eyes were watery and directed up to the sky. He looked heavenly, like a fallen angel praying to be taken back up to heaven.

"I'm sorry about your grandfather." I whispered, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Yeah," he said quietly. "Everyone is." He rubbed my back, gently.

"Zayn." I whispered, noticing his heart rate quicken."Just breathe, okay? Breathe. I got you. I'm sorry. I'm s-so sorry."

I felt him collapse just a little as he buried his head in my neck.

How foolish was I. Here I was, kissing his best friend, when he was bottling up everything inside and slowly letting it hurt him.

"I am the most awful girlfriend in the entire world." I muttered as I rubbed his back.

"No, Liv, I didn't tell you a thing. You didn't know."

"Well, now that I do, I'm here and I'll do whatever you need me to do to make it easier."

"The pain," he said softly. "Does i-it ever go away?" I felt his tears roll down onto my shoulder.

Plop.

Plop.

"No." I whispered, closing my eyes. "It gets easier though. You've changed me Zayn." I pushed him out of our embrace gently and took his weak hands. Zayn looked so fragile and like a lost child, it hurt me and yet made him seem so adorable. He was so vulnerable sometimes. I loved the different sides of him.

"It's my turn to change you."

I wiped his tears away as he dryly smiled.

"Women." He snorted. "Always think they can change a man with the snap of their fingers."

I rolled my eyes but dryly laughed. It was true. Women were fixers. We believed we could do anything. We didn't back down.

"I'm always up for a challenge."

"Well, convert me sweetheart." He kissed my cheek gently.

"I plan to." I looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry, for kissing Harry and all. I really, just - "

Zayn put his lips on mine gently and put his hands around my waist. He pulled away with the smallest smile, brown eyes sparkling in the night.

"You always know how to shut me up." I smiled at my boyfriend.

He laughed and leaned into kiss my head. I wrapped my arms around his torso as he rested his cheek on my head.

The music from the party was still blasting so we faintly heard it. It was a softer and quieter song than the dubstep Ben and Josh loved to play, so Zayn and I gently rocked back and forth.

I prayed he'd forgive me for all the trouble I'd been causing, because he'd had some trouble of his own.

I prayed Harry and I could still be best friends, even if he wanted a little more than that.

I prayed Zayn's sister would hang on to see another day.

I prayed to whoever was listening to fulfill these requests and I started to wonder when Zayn was in the hospital if he saw his grandfather.

I wondered and wondered as Zayn's heartbeat rung in my ears. Eventually I found myself telling his grandfather, wherever he was, that'd I'd take care of his grandson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 67K 46
Reina is an only child that moved to London from Ireland with her mum. After Reina's mother's bad past with Reina's father, any feelings that Reina h...
51.8K 980 13
Harry Styles has been looking for that "special someone". So when he meets an elusive girl named Gabrielle, he can't help but fall for her head over...
108K 3.4K 27
Christina Greenwell's entire world had turned upside down the day five certain boys walked into her life. Her life spun yet again the day they walked...
19.1K 430 13
When Cami finds out she has feelings for KJ, she asks for help from a co-star. She hints on KJ, but will he fell the same? Will he notice those hints...