Beneath and Beyond

By romanceloverleonie

Kiedi had never fit in well with others and she thought she liked it that way. That was until she moved to a... More

Chapter 1- The closing of one door
Chapter 2- New Orleans
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 29

89 9 2
By romanceloverleonie

Ed Sheeran- Kiss me

"So are we finally going for a practice?" Kiedi asked Luke as he put on his boots to leave the house.

"No," Luke shook his head, "There's something important I have to do in town, sorry beautiful." He reached forward to kiss her but she turned her head and he kissed her cheek.

"Sure there is, just like when the roof was 'leaking', the garage door wouldn't open or! the best one so far, you had to re-tile the bathroom."

"Kie..." Luke said pleadingly as he reached out for her but she pulled away from him.

"I get it Luke, what happened a few weeks ago shook the both of us but we made a deal, you said you would help me but now you don't even want me to leave the house!"

"You don't understand Kie," Luke said softly.

"Maybe you're right, maybe I don't," Kie said and walked away from him, "bring me back another book, I've finished all the interesting ones here."

Kie laid down on Luke's bed staring at the ceiling when there was a knock on the door. She looked up and saw Jazz in jogging clothes.

All the guys are busy so mom and I were going jogging, wanna join?" she asked.

"I would love to!" Kie practically yelled as she hoped off the bed to change.

"Gosh it feels so good to be out of Luke's protective web," Kie said twenty minutes later when they started down a well walked trail.

"He's just worried about you my dear," Esther defended him.

"By keeping me cooped up in the house and breaking his promise?" Kiedi said in between breaths.

"What promise?" Jasmine asked.

Kie stopped for a breath, "It wasn't a promise really, it was more like a deal."

"What was the deal?"

"That he would help me practise my powers and i would stop asking to join their team."

"You too?" Esther asked with a chuckle.

"You asked Mr. Gold that too?" Kie asked.

"Ha! It was more like I pessed him about it. We hadn't had any children yet and I hated being away from him and to know that it was so he could be in danger nearly killed me. I wanted to be near him and protect him."

"Finally someone who understands!" Kie threw her hands in the air in relief. "So what did he say?"

"What they always say when it comes to putting their mates in danger," Jasmine chipped in, "No. But Cooger Cooger taught me self defense lessons and dad did the same for mom."

"But I'm stronger, I can actually help them but he still doesn't want me there."

"Luke has always been protective, he's even more protective when it comes to you," Jasmine said touching her shoulder.

"Unfortunately," Kie mumbled in frustration.

"Come on lets finish up this mile," Esther laughed.

They were jogging back when Kie heard a shuffle from in front of them a good distance away. she grabbed Esther and Jasmine closer to her and threw up her telepathic border around them.

"What is it?" Esther asked. She and Jasmine both started to look freaked.

Before Kie could answer however, Luke came through the trees followed by Leo, Cooger and Lenard.

"Oh..." Esther said and both she and Jasmine took a step back from Kie as Luke came closer; he looked furious.

"Where have you been?" Luke asked through gritted teeth. She looked pointedly at her jogging outfit and sneakers instead of answering and he growled at her.

"Don't growl at me!" Kie hissed at him and dropped the barrier so the others could get out. She probably should have left it up because now Luke was up in her face and she could feel the anger rolling off of him in waves and when she looked in his eyes she also saw a bit of fear that he was trying to hide.

"I thought I told you to not leave the house without me!"

"I'm not a child Lukas, I can do whatever I want!" she retorted.

"The hell you aren't! A child would have listened to me!" he yelled.

"Don't swear at me," she said through gritted teeth. She had been locked up for weeks and she had enjoyed this little bout of freedom and now Luke had ruined it. She felt so angry she might actually do something to hurt him by accident so she just sidestepped him and continued back to the house.

"I'm talking to you," Luke said over his shoulder to her and she could hear the anger in his voice. Kie stopped and looked at him wondering what else he could possibly say to make the day any worse.

He looked at her then looked around them and and remembered for the first time that they weren't alone. The others were watching them with a mixture of curiosity and amusement and Luke let out an annoyed huff.

"We'll finish this at home," He muttered and urged her to walk in front of her back to the house at an angry pace. Neither of them spoke on the journey.

"Why do you insist on being so stubborn!" Luke asked her a few hours later.

Luke had held off from arguing when they got back to the house because everyone was around and they had a tendency to eavesdrop, mostly Kyle; but they had just finished dinner and while they were in his room the others were downstairs in the living room watching a movie.

"Why do you insist on treating me like a baby!" she threw back at him.

"Cause you are my baby! Do you have any idea how much you mean to me?"

"All I did was go for a jog with your mom and sister. What's so wrong with that?" After what he just said she couldn't maintain the anger she had just a few seconds ago.

"That's not the problem."

"Then what is it?"

"I asked you not to go anywhere without me."

"And I haven't for weeks but I feel like a prisoner Luke."

"I don't mean to make you feel that way Babe but I just need to make sure that you're safe,"

"Right, so I guess that means no more practices for awhile right?" she asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Not for awhile," he agreed but he didn't look at her.

"I thought we had a deal?" Kie asked but her voice was cracking; she felt like crying.

"I'm not breaking our deal, I'm just making your safety into priority right now," he said and looked down at her.

"Sure," she nodded and walked past him to the door.

"Kiedi...?"

"I'm going to go watch the movie with the others: Or do I need you to follow me? You know, just in case the stairs have an agenda against me." She didn't wait for him to answer before she walked away. She knew Luke was right and she was being petty but she couldn't help it, she felt disappointed.

Later that night, Kie was wrapped up in Luke's, now hers and Luke's, bed. She heard the door open and he walked in and around to her side of the bed. He placed something on her bedside table and kissed her ear "Here's your book," he whispered then he walked back out of the room.

When she opened her eyes she saw not one but three books piled up along with a white tulip and a bar of chocolate. Guilt nearly choked her, here she was being bitchy when all Luke wanted was to protect her.

She laid there for what seemed like hours for Luke to come back to the room. When he did he took off his shirt and laid down next to her. She didn't move nor make a sound till he was under the covers, then she turned and her arm around his torso as she laid on his chest.

"I'm sorry," she whispered into the darkness and kissed his peck. He turned and looked down at her and she could make out the features of his face from the hallway light under the door.

"I'm sorry too," he said and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. It lasted a lot longer than he meant to and by the time they pulled away it was to catch a much need breath.

They just laid there for awhile enjoying the silence until Kie spoke, "So can I take it that your no longer mad at me?"

"Yeah, I know you Kie and I understand that I'm putting a lot of restrictions on you but its because I can't stand the thought of losing you," He sounded so pained that Kiedi climbed on top of him and forced him to look at her.

"You won't" Kiedi said forcefully and kissed him hard and fast. Luke quickly took control and wrapped his arms around her pressing her to his chest.

His hands ran up and down her thighs and eventually up her back taking the t-shirt she had on with them. She felt the bulge forming beneath his shorts and instinctively rocked her core against him.

He growled against her mouth and sucked hard on her bottom lip as he rocked his hips against hers creating a steady rhythm. When she started moaning and moving her hips faster and faster Luke surprisingly pulled back and rolled them over so that he was on top.

"Please," Kie whimpered when pulled off of her. Luke however was just taking his hard length out of his shorts. He wasted no time in tearing off her underwear and positioning himself between her thighs. He claimed her lips before sliding himself inside of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 7.9K 52
Jess been suffering in silent waiting until she's 18 to leave her pack, without a mate, Living with her abusive families it was up to her to protect...
10.5K 412 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
605K 16.8K 55
Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat out cocky, egotistical, hot, demanding...
1M 27K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...