Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 76

251 15 15
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

"All I have is one more Save the Date reminder to address and I'm done!"

"That's awesome, Babe." I hear Hunter yell from the living room. "I wish I could have helped."

"Uhm, me too, but we both know that your handwriting is just a bit to, ah, 'unique'."

"It's not that bad." He mumbles.

"Ah, yeah it is, but I still love you, anyway." I giggle.

"You better."

Once I finish with the wedding reminders I walk into the other room and sit next to Hunter. "So what time is Renee coming to get Harper, tomorrow?"

"She isn't because she has a repair man coming over to fix her AC unit, so she asked if I would drop Harps off."

"Oh okay, what time will that be?" I ask as I snuggle up next to him.

"Around 9 AM. I thought I'd take Harper to breakfast, first. Do you want to join us?"

"I wish I could, but Liz and I have a 9:30 appointment scheduled to view another venue, across town."

"Would you like me to meet you there? It's Saturday and I have the day off."

He's so sweet. "I appreciate the offer, but you don't need to join us. Enjoy your free time. You seldom get any. Once I narrow it down to my top three choices then you and I can visit them and decide which will work best for us."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive. I'll only be gone a few hours. When I get back we can do whatever you like, watch a movie, go on a picnic, take Cole for a long walk or..."

He smirks as he interrupts me. "We can do ANYTHING I like?"

I giggle because I can tell from the look in his eyes exactly what he's thinking. "Uh huh, pretty much."

"Good! Then I vote that we work on our "communication skills" some more."

"Now, why would you suggest that?" I grin as I move to place one knee on each side of his lap.

He automatically begins to caress my back. "Well, I've been reading that "communication" is the key to any successful relationship, so the way I look at it, the more we "practice" the happier we will be. Do you agree?"

"Absolutely." I say as I join my lips to his.

He smirks. "I'm so happy you feel the same way."

"Who am I to challenge the experts?" I whisper before kissing him passionately.

As soon as my lips touch his, I hear a soft moan escape from somewhere deep in his throat. I love that I can make him loose control in a matter of seconds.

When I feel his hands on my lower back searching for a way to slip beneath my shirt it makes me smile. I deepen our kiss and brace myself for the rush that'll come once he succeeds.

Just like expected, the sensation from his fingertips on my bare skin overwhelms me. Every nerve ending in my body begins to tingle. When I pull back allowing us to catch our breath, I see the desire in his eyes. It's so intense that I thoughtlessly bite my bottom lip.

"Babe, why do you do that?" He asks while kissing the side of neck.

"Do what?" I ask breathlessly.

"Bite your lip? It's so freaking sexy. You know I can't think straight when you do that!"

Before I can answer he crashes his lips on mine. I can taste the combination of cinnamon and coffee. I love it. I love him. When he pulls me firmly against his chest, I gasp. We are so close I can feel his heart beating. It's racing as fast as mine. Nothing exists at this moment but he and I and the love that we feel for each other.

Fortunately, I manage to remember before I'm completely consumed with passion, that we are in Hunter's Living Room. Harper could walk in on us, if she wakes up. "Hhhhh Hun,"

"Mmmmm." He utters as he continues to kiss my neck.

"Bbb babe, we should probably work on our "ccc communication skills" upstairs, bbbehind closed doors. Don't you think?"

"Huh?" It takes him a moment to process what I said. When he does, he stops kissing me and gently places his forehead against mine. "Lord Liddy, you have NO idea what you do to me."

I blush. "I think I'm starting to learn."

"Come on, let's finish our "practice session" upstairs." He smirks.

"Good idea." I say while grabbing his hand and following him to his room, smiling the whole way.

______________________

The next day

Hunter's POV

I pull into Renee's drive and shut the engine off. "Here we go, punkin. Time to see your mom."

I hear her sigh from the back seat. "Hotay."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I jut wish mommy, would play more wit me."

It breaks my heart to see her sad. "Do you ask her to play with you?"

"Yup."

"What does she say?" I'm afraid I already know the answer.

"She busy."

Damn, I knew it. "Tell you what, I'll talk with your mom about it, okay?"

She smiles and shakes her head.

"Alright then, why don't you grab Jazzy and I'll get your bag."

Within a few minutes we are standing outside Renee's door. "Do you want to ring the bell?"

"Yes, pees." She says as she stretches on tip toes to push the button.

"I can't believe you can reach that on your own! You didn't need daddy's help! You are growing in to such a big girl!" I exclaim as I pick her up and twirl her around making her giggle. I love the sound of her laugh.

When I hear the door open, I stop and put her down. "Hello Renee."

"Hi." She flashes me a smile before looking down at our daughter. "How's my Harper today?"

"Good." She says shyly while continuing to hold my hand.

"Ready to come inside? I have a surprise for you. Do you want to see?"

I note the excitement on Harper's face. She loves surprises. "Yes, pees."

Renee smiles as she steps back and motions for us to come inside. "It's over there." She says as she points to the further end of the living room.

When Harps see the gift she squeals and runs to it. "Daddy look a doll houz."

"I can see that, baby girl. It's beautiful!"

"I think she likes it." Renee laughs.

"I think so, too." I can't help but smile as I watch my daughter happily play with her new present. "She's going to love it."

"I hope so. I had never really thought about getting her one, but that's all she's talked about since Liddy gave her one for Christmas."

"Yay, I understand. That's about all she and Lid play with, nowadays. It's gotten to be even more popular than having tea parties."

"Really?"

"I know that's hard to believe but it has." When the conversation lulls I take the opportunity to change the subject. "So uhm, I was wondering if we could talk?"

"Of course. Would you like some coffee, first? I have your favorite."

"Sure." I say as I follow her into the kitchen.

"So what's bothering you, Hunter?"

"Nothings bothering me, really. Why do you ask?"

"Because you're rubbing the back of your neck and you only do that when you're nervous or stressed."

I laugh. "You still remember that?"

"Yes, we haven't been apart that long." She smirks, as she hands me a cup of coffee made just the way I like it. "I remember lots of things about when we were together."

I'm not sure what to do with that comment, so I ignore it. "Well, I wanted to talk to you about Harper."

"Is something wrong with her?"

"No, she's physically fine. But she's been sad lately."

"Oh, do you know why?

"Yes." I nod. "She's unhappy because you don't play with her with when she comes to visit."

She hangs her head for a moment. "I do try, really I do. But I'm not very good at it. I've never had a lot of exposure to young kids until Harper. So I don't know what to do."

"Harps loves to have tea parties, play with dolls, and color. But she likes to do all that stuff with somebody. She really is a lot of fun, you just need to relax and talk with her. She'll tell you what she wants you to do."

"You make it sound so easy."

"It kind of is. Just think back to the things you liked to do when you were little."

"That's going to be a challenge. I don't remember a lot about my childhood, but I'll try. Who knows maybe I'll surprise myself and channel my inner child." She laughs. "But if it doesn't work I might need YOU to help teach me."

"You'll be fine. Just spend some one on one time with her. She'll do the rest."

"Oh, speaking of time, that reminds me, I'll be around more over the next few months. My next acting job doesn't start till the end of July. So I available to spend more time with Harper."

"That's great." I pretend to be excited even though I'm not sure exactly how I feel about her news.

"Maybe WE can take her to her favorite park sometime and I could get a few pointers on the best way to play with our daughter."

"Ah, yay, uhm okay." Where did that come from? She's never asked to do anything like that before.

"So congratulations on your engagement. I saw you announce it on the The View.

"Thank you. Liddy and I are very excited."

"I noticed you were very upfront with how you feel about her. I'm surprised your record label let you do that?"

"I didn't really ask their opinion or follow their suggestions."

"How come?"

"Because I don't want Liddy to be treated the way you were by my fans. They were horrible to you. I'm really sorry about that. I should have tried to shield you more and I didn't."

"Yay, you're right, you should have. If you did, things would be so different. We'd still be raising our daughter together because I never would have asked you for a divorce."

_____________

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!

Please continue to vote and COMMENT!!

I'm at 9.9 READS!!! This is so exciting, almost at my goal of 10 K!!!! Maybe by my next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970 55 31
19 year old Avery Miller is going to Breaux Bridge to see her brother for spring break. But what happens when she meets famous country artist Hunter...
28K 390 20
Hi, im Ashley and my boyfriend is 'The Harry Styles' What happens when my dad and Harrys mum get married. How can we be together if we're stepsibling...
123 35 28
Two young people married for the sake of their companies, Kurt really love her but his father keeps on forcing him to divorce with her. They love eac...
8K 212 28
A small family had lost the father a year ago. The mother never found anyone else until a man shows up and takes her breath away. The daughter doesnt...