Melting Ice

By fruitKiwi

A girl with a heart as cold as ice. A boy with a mask as thick as snow. No one else in the world understands... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 30

1.7K 86 17
By fruitKiwi

"We're here."

"Hmmm, I was expecting more..." Jesslia smiled, acting as if the glade of trees before her was all that was to the island off the mainland. Lucion pushed the former playfully, before clearing his throat, turning into a butler by bending his waist about forty-five degrees forward and led the girl into the woods, following along a nicely decorated but simple path.

Surrounding the couple as they walked down the path, were countless varieties of flora and fauna and the girl gasped at the gorgeous sight before her. But before she could slow down to observe the scenery around her, Jesslia was unfortunately pulled away by Lucion, towards what seemed like the end of the decorated path.

Lucion pulled the girl next to him, nudging the latter with his elbow, "Was this what you were expecting, my lady?"

"I-" Jesslia was speechless by the new view presented in front of her. The boy next to her chuckled softly, pulling the girl once more towards an exquisite looking single storey building made of wood.

The view was amazing, to be honest. The house was built right around nature, and right in front of the wooden house was a natural waterfall, the water falling at a perfect angle that glistened the entrance of the house. Butterflies went on with their lives, hovering here and there; the birds too, chirps belong to them could be heard resonating in the woods; the other animals too, as rabbits and squirrels rushed around. Now on to the house, which was another piece of art itself. The building, unlike the mansion-like houses they had back home, served its purpose of a vacation getaway. Nature around it was highlighted with wood as its main building material, windows were the usual glass that was slightly tinted to prevent the reflections from affecting the animals.

Jesslia could not tell how big the building was, but there was one portion that caught her attention when she first stepped foot into the house. Her eyes sparkled as she circled the lone tree which the front room was built around, her eyes moved upwards together with the tree whose branches and leaves were already overarching the roof. She turned to the boy accompanying her, the latter was smiling at her. Lucion stepped forward, his hands already on the luggage placed by the side of the shoe racks, "Come on, that's not all."

The girl followed behind the boy eagerly, wanting to the quickly explore the house whose front room was already so interesting. And of course, the girl was not disappointed as the two weaved through the various rooms of the house. Lucion had given Jesslia a quick tour around the surprisingly huge house, before showing the girl to the room she would be staying in for the next few days so the girl could unpack and hopefully rest for a while.

Jesslia collapsed on the bed, she had unpacked her clothes and belongings in the nicely decorated room earlier, most of the furnitures made of wood, aligning with the theme of the rest of the house. She was a little exhausted and overwhelmed at the same time. Although her family was one of the elite families around, they did not think of owning a personal island for getaways like the Creas since they do own a huge line of hotel all around the world. She was slightly surprised when Lucion suggested coming to the Creas' private island for their short runaway from practice. But one way or another, she was glad they had decided to come here instead of somewhere else, although their parents would probably send someone to monitor them.

Being the clever girl she was, the four parents' intentions could not escape Jesslia's eyes, though she did not know if Lucion had noticed it as well. It was kinda awkward when she first realised, especially when her relationship with Lucion was so close, and neither could she ignore the small happiness she felt, knowing her parents' agreement to the two of them. But that thought was brushed away quickly, the girl scolding herself since the two had nothing in between them, yet. Before that happens, Jesslia reminded herself for the nth time, she would not hope for anything.

It did not take long for the girl to fall asleep, and she was quickly sent to her world of dreams.

~~

Lucion laid sprawled out on his bed, in his room. It had been a while since he had visited the island, and with the short notice he gave, the staff in-charge of the place had yet to complete the necessary preparations and necessities. This was one of the many reasons why Lucion had brought Jesslia to her room, and returned to his own afterwards. He did not want the staffs who were like his aunts and uncles, to be looking at the two of them weirdly, especially when he knows that they would contact his parents about it. All he was waiting now was for the notice that everything, which included basic cleaning of the house, was done so that he could ask the staffs to leave the island.

No one likes being stared at every time, including himself and Jesslia. Letting the staff to stay on the island would only result in that situation and things would probably turn slightly awkward. Not that it was not awkward enough back home, with his parents always teasing him and looking for Jesslia whenever he returned from the 'practices' the two of them had. And to confirm, yes, he had definitely noticed the small movements his parents were doing, trying to get the two of them together, which served as another reason why he wanted to run away from home for a while.

Anyway, Lucion pushed all thoughts away, all he wants to do and think of the next few days was to enjoy the short vacation and not other things. His phone, sitting by the edge of the bedstand, vibrated once again as the boy was deep in thought, which was subsequently ignored by the boy. As the boy continued to think about what the two could do for the next few days, everyone was panicking back at home.

~~

"MOM!" Yun screamed through his phone, which was on a conservation with Alle, "COME HOME NOW! JESSLIA LEFT HOME!"

"What...? I'll be back with your dad in a while..." Alle replied when her mind connected the dots of the information her son had just told her. She packed her belongings immediately, picking her bag up together with her husband's few personal items, before stomping into the meeting room where her husband and staffs with management positions were having a monthly report of the companies under the Marins. She pulled her husband by his collar, as everyone else in the room stared at the couple with wide eyes, "Sorry guys, we have a bit of an emergency at home. The meeting will continue tomorrow."

The two left the room after the couple's assistants nodded in acknowledgement of the extra work they have to do. The assistants were used to the antics of the Marin couple, having worked for them for a while now, but they somehow could not describe the nice feeling they felt when the rest of staffs were staring at the actions of the usually cold couple with disbelief, their own reaction to when they had first seen this side of their bosses flashing in their minds again. The assistants chuckled softly, before starting their assigned work by asking the staffs to return to their work first as they rescheduled the meeting.

"What's going on?" Marcus asked his wife, question marks appearing over his head as he was stuffed into the driver's seat. Alle appeared in the passenger seat, shaking her head, "Head home. Yun just called to say that Jessi had left home..."

"WHAT?!" And Marcus sped his way home.

The moment the couple had rushed through the doors, the whole gang of youths were sitting in the living room, and Jesslia's note that she had left on her bed was sitting on the small table in front of the sofa, though there was another note sitting beside it as well. The two walked towards the teenagers straight away, before turning back to the main door due to some commotions, only to see Warner and Marianne (Lucion's parents) walking in as well.

"What's going on?" Marianne spoke up first, when everyone was seated comfortably. Immlia rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, "Well, erm after school today, I went back home to get some things, only to see this small note," she pointed to the second note next to Jesslia's, "pinned on Lucion's door."

Yun continued, "At the same time, the rest of us came back here, wanting to find Jesslia since neither of them answered to our calls. We went to Jesslia's room and saw Jesslia's note on her bed. So we called all of you after reading the notes..."

Alle and Marianne took the notes to look at them closer, but before the rest of them could realised, the two mothers were smiling and beaming crazily. The two fathers on the other hand, were still clueless and read the notes from behind their wife, a small smile making its way to their lips as well.

"Well, since the two of them wants to have a getaway, let's just not disturb them." Alle's smile was a little creepy, and the youths present felt a cold wind blowing against their spines, their eyes wide as the four parents huddled together in discussion, the same smile as Alle appearing on the other three.

Author's Note: To end the update today, its kinda sad to say that Melting Ice will be ending soon, and these will be the last few chapters of the fic! But instead of feeling sad, I hope we all enjoy these last few chapters together!! xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 1 22
One important rule of competing: Don't show your emotions; don't show mess-ups. Harper is finally a junior in high school and is ready to compete for...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
717K 19.6K 101
I've gotten used to the dead parents face. I've gotten used to living with my gymnastics coach. I've even adjusted to sharing a bathroom with his way...