Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 72

261 21 14
By fanforfanfic

Hunter POV

The sun has been up for hours and so have I. I've just been lying here watching Liddy sleep. I can't get over how beautiful she is. She literally takes my breath away. I love every single thing about her, from the color of her gorgeous chestnut hair and the way it splays over my pillow all the way down to her adorable little toes that are painted pink and peeking out from under the blanket. She is absolute perfection and she's all mine. How did I get so lucky?

"Morning." She says as she yawns and turns so she can look at me. "How long have you been up?"

"A few hours."

"A few hours? What have you been doing the whole time?"

"Thinking."

"Thinking about what?" She asks cautiously.

"About you and about last night." I pause when I feel her instantly stiffen in my arms. She's uncomfortable about something. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"Ah, uhm, about last night, I'm really sorry."

"What do you have to be sorry about?" Now, she's got me worried.

"I ah, I know I disappointed you, Hunter. You don't have to pretend, otherwise."

I am astonished at her remark. "You're joking right?"

"No." She states while avoiding eye contact with me.

"Oh my god baby, look at me, please." I ask, but she won't stop staring at the bed. So I have no choice but to lift her chin so our eyes meet. I can tell she really believes what she just said and it breaks my heart. "You were absolutely amazing. What did I do or say to make you think differently?"

"It's nothing....Can we change the subject, please?"

"No we can't change the subject, not until you answer my question."

"Really Hunter, it's fine."

 "No it's not fine! PLEASE, talk to me... I can't stand to think that I did something to make you think that you were anything but perfect."

"I really don't want to discuss this anymore, so can we just drop it?" She then sits up and grabs the spare blanket at the end of the bed and wraps it around herself. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Liddy, please stop. Don't run off. We're not done talking about this."

"I am." She mumbles while she picks up her slip and robe and walks out of the room.

_____________

Liddy's POV

"I can't believe we are having our first fight and it has to be about this!" I mutter to myself before stepping into the warm shower and letting the water wash over me. As the tears that I have been holding back roll down my face, I think about Hunter and how he's saying everything was "amazing" when clearly it wasn't. It's obvious he's just trying to spare my feelings. I just wish he'd let it be. This is embarrassing enough, I certainly don't need to discuss the details with him.

"Liddy, come on. We need to talk." I hear him say through the closed bathroom door.

"I'm in the shower."

"I can hear that. Would you please, finish up and come out here."

I ignore him. Hoping he will go away.

After a few minutes I hear the words. "Don't force me to come in there and get you."

I guess the silent treatment didn't work. "You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me."

I try to remember if I locked the door. I don't think I did. Damn. "Okay, you win. Just let me rinse out the shampoo and I'll be right out."

"Finally, I'll be waiting."

"Ugh".... I never knew he could be so persistent.

Once I'm convinced my hair is rinsed clean and all the essential areas have been shaved, I shut the water off. When I step out onto the tile floor I search for my clothes, but they're not there. "Great, I can't believe I left everything in my room." 

"What did you say?"

"Oh my god, you weren't joking. You are literally standing outside my bathroom door?"

"Technically, I'm sitting, but yay, close enough. Are you about done?"

"Ah no.... I left my clothes on the bed. Since you are out there would you mind getting them for me?"

"Sure, fine." I hear him say.

"Thank you."

Within seconds he knocks. "Here you go."

I open the door just enough to stick my hand out. All I hear is him laughing. Well, that's a good sign, maybe he's done being upset with me. "I'm waiting."

"So am I."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask, still hiding behind the door.

"It means you get your stuff after you tell me what I did last night to make you so upset? "

"WHAT!" I yell.

He chuckles. "I thought that would get your attention. Here's the blanket you used earlier. I'll be waiting next to your clothes. See you in a bit."

I've spent most of my life trying not to swear for two simple reasons. One being that I work with children all day and they repeat everything you say and the other because it really isn't classy. But for this particular situation I decide to make an exception. So I use every single profanity I can think of at least twice while I brush my teeth, put on some make up and throw my hair into a messy bun. Once I've stopped ranting like a pirate I gather the blanket around myself and proceed to the bedroom.

When I see him sitting on my bed next to my clothing, in nothing but pajama pants, I almost trip. How can one man be so freaking sexy? My mouth goes dry, my heart starts racing and my anger completely disappears.

"Ready to talk, now?" He asks with a smirk.

"Not really."

"Okay, well your clothes and I will be waiting across the hall when you are." He then grabs my stuff and walks off. "Oh and by the way, all your other things are in my room too, so don't think you can just pick something else to wear."

"You wouldn't!" I yell before opening my closet to discover my suitcase is missing.

"Oh yay I would. Haven't you figured it out yet? I'm going to do what ever it takes to get you to tell me what happened last night. So unless you plan on going to the airport wrapped in a blanket I suggest you come talk to me." He shouts from across the hall.

I'm literally speechless. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or scream at the moment. So I take several minutes to calm myself, then I come to the conclusion that as much as I DON'T want to discuss last night with him, I have to. God, this is going to be so damn embarrassing, especially if I have to do it wrapped in a blanket!

____________

Hunter's POV

She's been in her room for quite awhile. I'm beginning to wonder if I should go check on her since she was so angry with me? But before I can, I hear her footsteps. When she walks through the door she looks so adorable all bundled up in the blanket. All I want to do is pull her in my arms and kiss her senseless but I decide that's not the best idea, until I can get her to tell me what I did to make her feel so bad about herself.

"Hey. So you finally ready to talk to me?"

"Not really, but you aren't giving me much choice."

"I know I'm not, and I'm sorry about that. But I REALLY want to know what's going on in your pretty little mind. Why would you think for one second that you disappointed me?"

She turns bright red. "God, I hate you right now. Why can't we just drop it?"

"Because, if I did or said anything to hurt you physically or emotionally, I NEED to know. While you've been doing god knows what for the last half hour, all I've done is replay last night over and over in my head and for the life of me I can't figure out what I did or said to make you feel like you let me down. So I'm begging you, PLEASE tell me."

"Fine." I sign.  "It's nothing you said or did that made me feel like I disappointed you."

"Okay, then what was it?"

"It's what you didn't do that made it obvious that my performance was sub par."

"What do mean? And please stop using the words, disappointing and sub par when referring to yourself? It upsets me. I thought you were amazing. I though we were amazing together."

"Okay, now you stop!... because we both know if I was so damn great then you would have wanted to "practice" some more but instead you chose to go to sleep. Now, I admit I'm not Miss Super Experienced, but I do know that when that happens the first time two people are together that usually means someone messed up and since I wasn't ready to go to sleep, that means our problem wasn't with you. It's me."

I can't believe what she just said. A part of me wants to laugh at how cute she was sitting there using her fingers to make quotation marks when she said the word "practice", Only she would do something so adorable while the other part of me wants to cry because she honestly believes she did something wrong.

"Oh Liddy, no...." I say as I wrap her in my arms and hold her tight. She's crying now. I can feel her tears on my chest. My heart is breaking. "Baby, listen to me, PLEASE. You were absolutely PERFECT. You didn't do ANYTHING to disappoint me. I'm so sorry. The ONLY reason I didn't suggest another "practice" session is because I was trying to be respectful. Trust me, you may have thought I was sleeping but I wasn't, far from it."

"Really?" She sniffles.

"Yes, really." I say as I pull back so I can look into her beautiful eyes. "Being with you last night was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. I am so sorry, that I didn't tell you that sooner. I can't believe you went to sleep last night thinking you had done something wrong. God, I hate myself right now."

"No it's okay." She says as she wipes away the last of her tears.

"NO, IT'S NOT!" I hurt your feelings." I pause to run my hand through my hair. I'm so angry with myself right now. "I was trying so hard to be a gentleman and not be pushy, but please believe me I wanted to "practice" with you. Heck, I want to "practice" with you right now. You're freaking irresistible wrapped in nothing but that blanket."

"Just this morning, one of the things I was thinking about is how much harder it's going to be for me to keep my composure around you. Now that I know how soft your skin is and the sweet little noises you make when I kiss your belly button ring, that I'm obsessed with by the way, I honestly have no idea how I'm suppose to keep my hands to myself.!..."

I can tell she's shocked but once she thinks about what I said, she starts to giggle. "You're serious aren't you? You really were just being a gentleman?" 

"Yes, I really was..... I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

She kisses me. "It's okay, I believe you. I guess this proves we still need to continue to work on our communication skills some more."

 "Hmm." I smirk. "Well I can think of a few ways we can improve on at least one form of communication. Do you want to "practice", with me?" I ask using my fingers to form quotation marks.

She giggles. "Uhm yes, I believe I would like that VERY much."

"Great!"  I say grinning from ear to ear.  "I was hoping you'd say, yes!" Then I crash my lips to hers and help that annoying blanket fall to the floor.

___________________

Thank you so much for reading Huddy's story.

I'm at 8.5 K reads!!! That's amazing.

 I just wanted everyone to know, that I've notice a significant decline in the amount of voting and comments over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if everyone is busy with school or maybe you're getting tired of the story. I went back and checked and it's almost 400 pages. That's a lot. 

I probably should have ended the story awhile ago, but since I really don't have the time to dedicate to a sequel, I chose to continue writing Huddy's story. But  now that there appears to be less interest, I'm thinking of wrapping this story up a bit quicker than I had originally planned. How much quicker,  I'm not quite sure, yet. I do promise I will try and tie up most of the loose ends, because like I said, I have no time to write a sequel.

When I started writing this back in May, I had NO idea how much of my time it would take up. It's getting hard to juggle writing and my personal life. I think I would rather shorten the story than leave you guys waiting for an update once a week. What are your thoughts on that? Think about it and let me know.

Again thanks for voting and commenting. It's appreciated more than I can say. 

I'm publishing this a few hours early because I have a family commitment tomorrow and won't have time to update then. Except the next chapter to be out on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 139 56
22 year old, Leela's life is turned upside down when she finds out that she's pregnant, as a result of a holiday romance. What is she going to do? Ho...
557K 23.4K 64
"If you win...?" He remained motionless for a second, before lifting his head and meeting my gaze. I could see the determination and hope swimming in...
232K 6.1K 26
Fresh out of high school and finally home from Panama, 18-year old Stella Hawkley is surprised to find a new farm-hand waiting for her at the airport...
8K 212 28
A small family had lost the father a year ago. The mother never found anyone else until a man shows up and takes her breath away. The daughter doesnt...