Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

Galing kay fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... Higit pa

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 69

243 21 43
Galing kay fanforfanfic

*****Since everyone has been asking for my next update, I decide to give it to you a few hours early. Hope you like it.*****

Valentine's Day

Liddy's POV

By the time, I finish showering and getting dressed, it's almost time to leave for our ski lesson. As I enter the hallway, I can hear Hunter playing his guitar. He's singing something, soft and slow. I wonder if it's a new song that he's working on since I have never heard it before.

I tap on his open bedroom door. "Knock, knock."

"Hi." He says with a smile on his face that causes the 'butterflies' in my stomach to take flight. I swear I couldn't love him any more if I tried.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day to you, too." He says before walking over to wrap me in his arms and give me a kiss.

I can taste the mint from his toothpaste. That mixed with the scent of his cologne has my head spinning and heart racing and it's not even 9 am.

"Hey, you about ready to try skiing?" He asks. "If we leave soon, we should have time to drop by the lodge to grab some coffee and muffins."

"I'm all set. Let's get going. I know you're a bit of a bear until you have your morning coffee."

"I am not."

I laugh. "You most certainly are. Don't try to deny it. But it's okay. I still love you."

He pulls me close and kisses me again. "Promise?"

"Pinky promise. Now, let's hurry! I don't want to be late for our lesson."

"Okay." He says unenthusiastically.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing really, I just suck at anything athletic. With my luck I'll break a leg or arm or both and we'll have to spend our first V. Day in some strange hospital.

I can't help but laugh. "Oh babe, it'll be okay. It's our first lesson. It's not like they are going to take us down the most difficult trail. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you. I'm probably going to run you over a couple of times."

"That's alright, it snowed last night so if either of us fall it shouldn't hurt, at least." Then I kiss his cheek. "Now, stop stalling. We need to get you some coffee, Mr. Grumpy pants."

______________

Hunter's POV

Thankfully, our lesson is over and I didn't break anything! I fell a few hundred times, but that's okay, nothing was hurt but my ego. Liddy actually, did pretty well. I think with a few more lessons she could be a pretty good skier.

"So what do you want to do next?" She asks excitedly.

"Uhm, it's almost lunch time. Why don't we go back to the cabin take quick showers and then eat something? After that we can go ice skating and then I would like to make some snowmen, so I can send Harper a photo or video of them. How does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect." She says with a smile. "I love you so much. Thank you for bringing me here."

I kiss the tip of rosy red nose. "I love you, too. I'm so glad you're having a good time."

"I am, but I always have a good time when I'm with you."

"That's good to know because I feel the exact same way. Now, let's hit the cabin and get cleaned up. I'm starving."

__________

As we sit and eat lunch I have a hard time concentrating on what Liddy is saying. All I can think about is when I'm going to give her her gift and whether she'll like it or not.

"So how is Harper doing at your parents?........ Hello?......... Earth to Hunter,......... Hey, anyone in there?" She says as she waves her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked how Harper is doing with your parents."

"Oh, she's doing great. Of course she misses us, but she and Cole are having a blast. Mom is teaching her how to bake cookies."

"Oh, my goodness. I bet that was precious. I hope they took lots of photos."

"They did. According to mom, Harper got more dough on herself than the actual baking sheet."

"Awe, I wish I could have seen that."

"Me, too."

"So what's up? Why are you so distracted?"

"Sorry, I...Ah, uhm, I've been working on a new song and lyrics keep popping into my head."

"Is it the one that you were playing this morning?"

"Ah ya, it is. I was hoping to have it finished by now, but I'm having difficulty with the second verse."

"It'll be fine. You'll find the words and when you do, it'll be amazing just like all your other songs."

I reach over and hold her hand. "It's nice to have my own personal cheering squad. I'm not use to it. Thanks."

"What do you mean you're not use to it? Your parents are super supportive of you."

"Yes, THEY are, very much. I was referring to my more recent years with Renee.

She was enthusiastic when we were dating, but as soon as we got married, she lost interest. Actually, by the end of it she didn't even want to talk about my career. God, now, that I look back, all the signs were there.  I honestly don't know how I missed them. We were both so unhappy. I should have known we were headed for a divorce."

She squeezes my hand reassuringly. "I'm sorry, she did that to you. You are an incredible singer and musician she had to be deaf, dumb and blind not to realize that."

I can tell she's angry. "It's okay, babe. I'm over it and you know what, if she hadn't asked for a divorce I wouldn't be here right now sitting with you. So instead of being mad, we should be celebrating."

"You're right. Her mistakes are my gain."

"That's for sure. So are you ready to go skating?"

"I sure am."

________________

Liddy's POV

"That was so much fun! Can we go back later tonight and skate under the lights?" I ask excitedly.

"Ah maybe, if I'm still able to walk in a few hours then, yes we can."

"I'm surprised you're so sore. You run around on stage and work out all the time."

"Me too. Obviously I'm using different muscles, or something."

"If you're too lame. We can go back to the cabin. We don't need to make snowmen right now."

"Ah, uhm... I'm fine. We HAVE to make the snowmen. I promised Harper we would send her a video."

"Okay, then where would you like to make them?"

"Uhm over there." He points to a clearing just to the side of our cabin. "You go ahead. I'll meet you there. I just have to grab some things."

"Do you need any help?"

"No, no... I'm fine. I'll just be a minute."

I watch him step inside the cabin. I wonder why he's been acting weird all afternoon. He's been so distracted. I hope nothing is wrong.

Before I know it he's standing next to me with a box in his hands. "What's in that?" I ask while trying to peek inside.

"My My aren't we Miss Nosy Nellie?" He giggles. "It's all the stuff we need to dress our snow people up. Hats, scarves stuff like that."

"You were able to pull all that together in like 30 seconds?"

"No, I brought this from home. I had it in my room."

"Well, weren't you just super prepared?" I say as I stretch on my tip toes to kiss him.

"Yup." He smirks.

___________

It doesn't take us very long to make two "snow people." One is suppose to be a male and the other a female. "So what should we name them?" I ask.

"Hunter and Liddy, of course."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, Harper will love it." He says as he holds my hands and kisses my nose. "Now, we need to personalize them with the stuff in the box but before we do that I need to find a place to put my phone so I can record it."

"Okay, how about the porch railing or is that too far away?"

"I think that will work. Let me go check it out." He says as he trudges through the snow...... "Hey, with zoom it works perfectly. Good suggestion! Thanks."

"Your welcome."

"Now, I'm going to push play so watch what you say. Little ears will be listening to this later tonight."

I start giggling. "Okay, I'll try to be good."

He quickly runs over and picks up the box containing "snowman making" necessities. "So what goes on first?"

"Their arms. I don't suppose you have any small tree limbs in that box?"

"I sure do!" He says excitedly as he pulls out 4 branches. I'm impressed.

We then add them to each side of our snow people. "Now, what?"

"Well, growing up Liz and I always made their faces before adding the hat and scarves."

"Okay, then faces it is." He says before handing me a carrot and pebbles to use for the eyes, nose and mouth.

When I look over at his, I just giggle. "You're snow person has an awfully big smile."

"Hey, no criticizing. He's just extra happy that's all."

"Oh okay" I continue to laugh as I reach down and pull out the last remaining items, 2 hats and 2 scarves. I hand him the baseball cap and blue bandana while I take the stocking hat and striped scarf.

Once we have finished placing everything, we stand back and admire our snow people. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. "We did good."

"Yes, we did." I smile, while he leans down to kiss me.

"Oh, wait! Yours is missing something." He says as he turns to reach into the box.

"Hey babe, there's nothing left in that. I just took out the last few things."

"Are you certain? I'm pretty sure I brought one other item." He says as he continues to rummage around in the box. "Here it is. I found it."

"What did you find? I swear that box was empty." That's when I look over to see what he has in his hand. I immediately start to cry.

He bends down on one knee, takes my left hand in his and stares lovingly into my eyes.

"Liddy, since the day I met you, you stole my heart. You're everything I have ever dreamed of. You are beautiful, funny, smart and sassy. You make me feel safe, respected and loved. When I'm with you I'm happier than I have ever been. I love you with my whole heart and can't imagine not having you by my side for the rest of my life. So will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

"Oh my god! Yes!... Yes!.... I'll marry you." I say before throwing myself into his waiting arms.

___________________

So they are engaged! Is everyone happy with how he proposed? Were you Surprised?

Thanks again for voting and for your comments! I appreciate it so very much.

I'm at 8.1 K reads!!!! That's so exciting for me.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

557K 23.4K 64
"If you win...?" He remained motionless for a second, before lifting his head and meeting my gaze. I could see the determination and hope swimming in...
95.5K 1.1K 14
A Grown Ups fan fiction. What will happen when Katie the 13 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins falls for the fun, good looking, sweet Greg Feder?Ho...
517K 18.2K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
141K 3.6K 22
What happens when you take the city girl and move her to the country? That's currently the situation that Elizabeth or Liz for short is facing. Her d...