Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 58

252 19 18
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

"Okay ladies listen up. First off I would like to thank all of you for volunteering to participate in this year's dance auction. Hopefully, it will help us raise lots of money for the St Jude's research fund."

"The rules are simple. You will walk out in groups of 10 and stand on the stage. All the people who wish to participate in the auction have signed up for a number that they will use when they text in the name of the lady they wish to bid on and the amount of their bid."

"A tally will show up on a screen behind each of you. The person who offers the highest bid for you, at the end of 5 minutes wins the dance. Then it is up to the bidder to identify who they are. Once that is done you are expected to accompany them to the other room where a band will be playing so you can have your dance."

"Is there any questions?" The MC asks.

"I just want to be sure I understand. We will have no idea who is voting for us?" A lady about Liz's age asks.

"You are correct, it is going to be a surprise. So if you are expecting one specific person to win the dance with you then I hope you told them to keep bidding till the very end." He chuckles. "Do we have any more concerns? If not I would like to get started."

When no one raises their hands, he begins by counting off and telling us which round we will be in. Liz, Lynette, Stephanie, Melissa, and I are in round 5. Where as Jessica, Devo's wife, Justin's girlfriend and Kelly are in round 7.

I try to avoid eye contact with Kelly because I have no desire to talk to her. Although I do wish I knew if she had told Hunter about the baby yet.

"Can you feel Kelly staring daggers at you?" Liz whispers.

"No, but I figured she would be. I just pray she doesn't make a scene."

"Me too." She sighs before walking over to talk with Hunter's mother. "So Lynette, do you have any idea how much money they hope to raise with this dance auction?"

"We aren't sure since this is the first year trying it, but we're hoping for at least  150 thousand dollars."

Liz and I both look at each other in awe. "Wow, that's a lot of money."

"It sounds like a lot, but it really isn't when it comes to the cost of research. I personally hope we make a lot more. Which we might be able to do, since there are many affluent people attending this year."

"Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful!" Is all Liz can say before Kelly rudely interrupts us.

"Lynette, It's so good to see you." She says before wrapping her in a hug.

"It's good to see you too, Kelly."

"How's Leo doing?"

"He's fine. Staying busy as usual."

"I bet he is. I have no doubt that is where Hunter gets his strong work ethic from."

"You are probably right, either from Leo or Leo's dad. They are both workaholics." Lynette then looks towards the stage area. "Oh, um, I just remembered, I need to ask the MC something, so if you will excuse me? It was good to see you again, Kelly and by the way, you look lovely."

Once Lynette is out of earshot, she turns and glares at me. "I'm glad she left. Now, I can talk to you alone. I just want you to know that Hunter and I have talked and he is thrilled about our baby. He can't wait for me to move in so we can start getting ready for our family. So I suggest that you begin looking for a new job tomorrow. Because once I'm living with him, we'll have no need for your services."

"I'm glad everything is working out the way it's suppose to." I say as I take a deep breath trying to hold back my tears. "Don't worry about me, I'm already looking for a new job."

"That's good. I also hope you plan to find a new place to live, as soon as possible."

"Excuse me, Kelly but now is not the time to talk about this. Have a little class." Liz says angrily. "You got what you wanted, now leave us in peace."

"Alright, but this is not the last you will hear from me."

"Oh, I have no doubt." Liz mumbles as she and I walk over to where Stephanie and Melissa are standing. "Don't let her get to you. We'll work this out."

"Believe me. No matter how upset I am, I don't plan to let her see it."

_____________________

Hunter's POV

My mind is still reeling from all the lies Kelly told. I can't believe she would actually think I could fall in love with someone like her. She is selfish, devious and cunning. I have zero desire to be around a person like that, let alone think about being in a romantic relationship with them.

All I want to do right now is talk to Liddy and try to explain everything, but I can't do that until after the dance auction. Thankfully, I was able to get a number so I can take part in the event. It doesn't matter to me how much Ryan or anyone else plans to bid for a dance with her. I'll spend whatever it takes to win.

Just knowing that I will be holding her in my arms soon has my heart racing and palms sweating. It will be our first dance together and I'm a bit nervous. I want to tell her the truth about Kelly and all her lies, then I want to kiss her and tell her I love her. I've waited long enough to share that with her. I just hope she can say the same thing back to me.

When I hear the MC announce the next round of ladies I quickly spot Liddy. She is by far the most beautiful woman in her group, although I am sure Matt, Andy, Joe and my dad would all disagree, since their wives are standing next to her.

"Hunter, did you change your mind? Are you going to bid for a dance with Liddy, after all?  My dad asks as he slaps me on the back."

"Yes, now that I know the real reason Liddy has been acting so strange towards me. It has nothing to do with her having feelings for Ryan, like we thought. It's because Kelly has been lying to her for months telling her that we were dating. She even went so far as to tell Lid she was pregnant with my child." When I say that his face turns white.

"Don't worry, it's all lies. I've never been intimate with her."

He sighs with relief. "Why would she do something like that?"

"Because she's crazy. She thinks she is the only woman for me, not Liddy." 

"Well, that's concerning."

"Tell me about it!"

 "I am glad you discovered the truth. Have you told Liddy yet?"

"No, I will as soon as I win this dance with her."

"Well, good luck. I might put a few bids in to." He says with a wink.

I laugh. "Two can play that game, just remember that."

When the clock starts all of us, Matt, Joe, Andy, Dad and I place our initial bids of $100. Then just to razz the guys I place $200 bids on their wives.

"Hey, who's bidding on Stephanie, besides me?" Matt asks.

I try to hide my laughter but he notices right off. "Hunter, of course it's you. Well, watch out I'll be stepping on Liddy's feet later not you."

I'm confused. "But, how?"

"How did I know you're bidding on Liddy?" He laughs. "That's easy, I stand on the same side of the stage as Devo and saw you practically serenading Liddy, earlier. Plus, I've known you have been in love with her for months."

"Why didn't you say something?"

"I was going to, but then she and Ryan started hanging out together. What's up with that?"

"That's a long story that I figured out earlier today. It involves Kelly." 

Matt rolls his eyes. "It figures. I've never trusted her."

"Me either." I sigh. "I promise I will fill you and the rest of the band, in on it later, but right now I need to concentrate. Someone keeps out bidding me on Liddy!"

The MC announces that there is still 2 minutes left. All the ladies have at least $500 bids, except for Liddy. She is up to $3000 and counting. Every time I place a bid, 2 other people bid higher. I assume one is Ryan but I have no idea who the other guy is and how much he is willing to spend.

When I glance up at Liddy I can tell she is anxious. She keeps playing with the bracelet on her right wrist. She has no idea I'm bidding for a chance to dance with her. I think all she's expecting is Ryan to bid, which I find silly, since she is definitely the most beautiful woman at the event.

"Everyone, there is 1 minute left to place your bid! " The announcer states.

I'm starting to get very nervous. Lid is now up to $5000. My hands are shaking slightly. I can't risk loosing this dance so I place another bid for $6000. It is immediately challenged with a bid of $7000. Wow, this is getting serious. I quickly search the audience, to see if it's Ryan who is out bidding me, but discover it isn't. He no longer has his phone out. Well, it looks like it's going to be a showdown between me and an unknown bidder.

Over the speakers I hear the MC call. "Thirty seconds. There's only thirty seconds left."

I peek and see that Liddy's total is now up to $12,000. Every time I place a bid, it's still being challenged. This can't be happening, I think as I rub the back of my neck. I've waited too long to talk to Lid. I need to win this and I think I know exactly what to do. So I type in my last bid and wait patiently before hitting the send button. The total is now at $12,500. I watch the clock, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6. I push send and hold my breath. After what feels like hours instead of seconds, my final bid flashes on the screen just before the timer hits zero. Yes, I won and I couldn't be happier!

The MC starts announcing over the speakers the number of the winning bidder and how much their final bid was. My dad was #136 and he ended up bidding $ 3500 for a dance with my mom. Joe had some competition from the same guy I did. He ended up having to bid $ 5000 to dance with his wife, Liz.

"When they broadcast Liddy's name and the amount I bid $25,000 along with my number 221, everyone cheers. I just smile. Yeah it was a lot of money but there is no price limit on love.

As I m standing in line to finish paying, I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's my dad again. "It looks like Ryan gave you quite the run for you money."

"Someone did but I don't think it was Ryan, because when I looked at him with a minute left he had put his phone away."

"Well, whoever the mystery bidder was, it doesn't matter. You won and I'm positive Liddy will be thrilled she's dancing with you."  He smiles. "Plus you made a VERY generous donation is to an amazing charity. That was really nice of you."

"I would have bid higher, if I had to." I say as I hand my credit card over to the person accepting our bid money.  "I just hope she's happy I won. I'm a bit nervous."

My dad laughs. "Trust me son, she will be on cloud nine."

"Well, if she is, I'll be right there sharing the cloud with her." I say smiling from ear to ear.

________________________________

Liddy's POV

"I can't believe Ryan paid $25000 to dance with you!" Liz exclaims.

"Ah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Ryan." I say nervously. "I made him promise to not spend over $3000."

"Then who is it? Hunter?"

"I don't think it was him either. Kelly implied he'd be bidding on her, which only makes sense."

"Well, whoever it is, they were willing to spend a lot of money to twirl you around the dance floor. Hopefully, for your sake it's someone who won't step all over your feet." She jokes.

"I'm glad you find this amusing. I'm really anxious. It's hard to slow dance with a stranger. Thankfully, the large donation of 25,000 will make it worth it."

Just then Joe walks up behind Liz and slides his arms around her waist. "How's my girl doing? Ready to dance?"

She smiles and kisses his cheek. "Yes, I am." Then she takes his hand. "Do you want us to wait until your bidder shows up?"

"No, that's okay. You go ahead and dance. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now go." I say as I scurry them along. I then take a seat and concentrate on my breathing. I try to stay calm and not hyperventilate. After an agonizing, few minutes I hear someone walk up behind me. Then I feel them whisper in my ear. "May I have this dance?" I'm startled initially until I recognize their cologne. My heart starts pounding and my hands shake. As I slowly turn around I pray silently that it's who I think it is.

_______________________________________

Sorry for the delay in posting, but like I said at the end of the last chapter, I was at Cape Cod attending a Hunter concert, which was AMAZING by the way!

I hope you like the direction the story is going in. Please Vote and COMMENT to let me know your thoughts. They are so helpful.

Also, tomorrow is the last day to vote for the Wattys2015 awards. So if you like my story, please consider going to twitter and creating a tweet which includes the link to my story and then add the hashtag #MyWattyschoice, encourage people to retweet it. The winners are determined by the amount of times a link is shared. If you have any questions about how to vote search Wattys2015 and it briefly explains how it works. (Personally, I feel it could be better written, lol)

Thanks again for reading! 6.2 K reads! Getting so excited. more than half way to my goal of 10 K reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 139 56
22 year old, Leela's life is turned upside down when she finds out that she's pregnant, as a result of a holiday romance. What is she going to do? Ho...
95.5K 1.1K 14
A Grown Ups fan fiction. What will happen when Katie the 13 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins falls for the fun, good looking, sweet Greg Feder?Ho...
20K 367 52
You are an adopted child but your adopted love you as their own daughter. You took your younger sister place as a fiancée of a man you didn't know. A...
970 55 31
19 year old Avery Miller is going to Breaux Bridge to see her brother for spring break. But what happens when she meets famous country artist Hunter...