Beneath and Beyond

By romanceloverleonie

Kiedi had never fit in well with others and she thought she liked it that way. That was until she moved to a... More

Chapter 1- The closing of one door
Chapter 2- New Orleans
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 12

106 10 2
By romanceloverleonie

So were you guys shocked that Luke was a wolf or what?? But if he's a wolf what are the other animals that were running around O.o

Lets read and find out. comment and let me know what you guys think of the story so far.

******

There it was again, a 'ping' sound. Kiedi rose out of bed to see what it was, 'ping'. She turned on her lamp and went to her window, which seemed to be the source of the sound. There were at least ten little pebbles on the outer window sill; she opened the window and looked outside, there was a shadow of a figure below.

"Kiedi," she heard Luke's voice.

"Luke? What are you doing out there?"

"Can I come in?" Luke asked nervously.

"Of course you can, hold on let me go get the door," Kiedi turned for her door to go downstairs and heard a light thump on her floor. She turned and was staring at Luke, dressed in full black so he would blend in with the darkness.

Kiedi didn't ask any questions, she was going to have to get use to Luke doing strange things if she was ever going to love him, she ran and hugged him as tightly as she could.

Luke hugged her back just as tightly; he lifted her bridal style and carried her to the bed where he sat and cradled her in his lap. Kiedi felt like crying, she had been so worried about him.

Luke eased back and wiped a tear from her cheek, "Hey, why you crying?" he asked.

"Are you okay?" Kiedi sat astride him so she could look him over properly. He looked ok but Kiedi couldn't be too sure because he had gotten a lot of bites and scratches earlier.

"I'm okay," He said and looked down at her bandaged wrist. He held it carefully in his hand, "It's you I'm worried about."

"I'm fine Esther cleaned and bandaged me up you got worse than me."Kiedi gently pulled her wrist from him.

"I'm a quick healer," he said nervously. Here was the conversation that he had dreaded all evening. Matter of fact since the first time he saw her.

"Yeah I noticed," Kiedi climbed off his lap and Luke felt his heart sink.

Was this it? Was this where she told him that she couldn't be with a monster like him?

"I noticed that among other things," She drew her knees up to her chest.

"Yeah," Luke stalled.

"Are you going to make me beg?"

"What?" he asked innocently. How did one prepare to lose the love of his life?

"How did you do that today? How is it possible that you changed from you to a wolf right in front of my eyes?"

"It's complicated," he chanced a look at her.

"We've got all night."

Luke let out a breath and said it in a rush, "I'm a shape shifter."

"A shape shifter?" Kiedi asked incredulously.

"A demon shape shifter to be exact," He continued. He kept staring at her because pretty soon she would banish him from her life forever and this may be the last time he got to look at her so closely.

"Even better," Kiedi said sarcastically.

"Look I didn't want you to find out like..." Kiedi cut in

"Is that why there seems to be a fire every time we kiss? And why I a pull towards you?"

"Sort of," Luke said as he thought. He didn't know that she was feeling the pull as well. As far as he knew human mates weren't suppose to feel anything until they were marked.

"Sort of?" Kiedi asked.

"Not all demons get it but shape shifters have this thing where we... imprint."

"Imprint?"

"Um... well an imprint is when we find our soul mates; when we see the intended love of our life and everything changes for us."

"What exactly happens or is suppose to happen after you imprint?"

"Nothing else matters for else really, our life isn't our own anymore. You're all I can think about; when I'm not with you I literally feel a burn for you. I would do anything for you, Kie."

"Guess that explains why you even talked to me," Kiedi laughed sarcastically, "and here I was thinking you actually liked me. Guess I should have known better huh?"

"It's not like that Kie," Luke reached for her but she pulled away. He hated seeing the rejection in her eyes. "I chose to acknowledge it."

"You chose to acknowledge it? I thought you didn't have a choice"

"I really don't like my decisions being made for me, so I fought against it," he chuckled.

"So why are we even here now?"

Luke laughed lightly, "Because the more I fought against the imprint the more I fell in love with you without even noticing."

"So how do you know it's not just the imprint talking?"

"So what if it is? The imprint is just fates way of making our soul mates obvious to us. And to be honest I'm happy that I imprinted on you that day outside the supermarket. That day changed my life, you changed my life Kie. You don't even know how special you are," Luke said passionately reaching forward to caress her cheek.

Then reality set in and he pulled away his hand and stood up to leave, "but I'm guessing that after today you don't want anything else to do with me, why would you want anything to do with a scary demon wolf?" Luke shrugged heading back to the window.

Kiedi could only stare up at him; it was a lot to take in at once, especially the part where he was a demon wolf. It made sense that the only people she fit in weren't normal themselves.

"I'll just leave you alone if that's what you want," Kiedi couldn't believe her ears.

"NO!" Kiedi yelled jumping up off the bed and grabbing his arm.

"No?" Luke looked confused.

"No, I don't want you to leave me," Kiedi flustered. "And I'm not scared of you, why would I be when in your true form all you've ever been was kind to me and in your animal form you fought to protect me."

"Kie..." Luke held her shoulders.

"As a matter of fact I never want you to leave me because... I love you, and I don't think I could ever love someone as much as I love you."

He kissed her. There was nothing else to do but kiss her at that moment. She loved him; Kiedi actually loved him and wanted to stay with him, demon, beast and all.

He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly kissing her with all the love he felt for her; then he just held her tightly; he had thought he was going to lose her forever.

Kiedi twisted her fingers in his shirt and dragged her fingers up his back. "I thought I was going to lose you," he smiled down at her.

"You're never going to lose me."

They lay down cuddled up in Kiedi's bed. "So if you're a demon, what were those things in the forest today?"

"Those were demons too."

"Then why did they attack us? Attack you even though you're a demon too?"

"There are many different kinds of demons," Kiedi raised up to look at him. "I'm a shape shifter demon, those demons are known as jedia, piranha demons. They feed on anything with flesh, that's why the demon king ordered a total annihilation of their species but some got away and came to earth. That's why I'm here, along with my family."

"But what do you and your family have to do with any of it?"

"Shape shifter demons are sort of like the demon's version to the police force; we hunt down the rogue demons. When the piranhas escaped we were sent out in groups to find them and all the other demons that escaped through the tear in the dimensions that they created."

"A tear in dimensions?"

"Our worlds are separated by dimensions; the underworld is different from what humans call 'hell'. The underworld is a whole new dimension."

"Wow you really learn something new every day," Kiedi said to herself.

"Yeah," Luke chuckled.

As Kiedi lay there a thought crossed her mind. "Yesterday those guys in the alley said they could smell my blood. Where they...?"

"Yeah they were Leiul demons, parasites."

Kiedi shuddered and huddled closer to Luke's side.

"They take over human bodies so they can roam freely on this earth and because after they take over the body it starts decaying from the inside they change hosts often," Luke looked at her intently like he was trying to make a point.

"Oh my God they were going to take over my body!" Kiedi was horrified. "That's what he meant when he said he needed a new meat suit"

"They normally cut out the insides and feed on them then wear the skin like their own,"

Kiedi was already racing to the bathroom before he was finished.

"Demons have to eat too you know," Luke said trying to joke out the awkwardness as he followed behind her.

"You're not helping," Kiedi moaned as she threw up.

"Bad joke, sorry," Luke held her hair back from her face.

"No Luke, just wait for me in my room, I don't want you to see me like this," Kiedi pushed at his feet but Luke wouldn't move so Kiedi eventually gave up.

"Thank you," Kiedi told him when she was finished brushing her teeth.

"It's okay," they both sat back on the bed.

"So are all of your family shape shifters?"

"No, only the men of the tribe" Luke said and looked at his watch. "I should better go," he said rising off the bed.

Kiedi held on to his shirt, "do you have to go?" she pouted.

He kissed her lightly on the lips. "Yes I have to go."

"Why?"

"Two reasons: my hormones are a wreck around you and I don't think I can control myself much longer and two your dad is home; and I don't think he would appreciate his daughter in her room with a demon,"

"My dad doesn't have to know your here," Kiedi got up off the bed and placed her hands provocatively on his chest and batted her eyelashes up at him.

Luke groaned audibly before he kissed her fiercely. His hands wrapped tightly around her waist her hands going up around his neck. It was a heated kiss and Kiedi could barely think straight. She was barely aware of when Luke lifted her up and lowered her over the bed before following on top of her. They lay there kissing, Kiedi's leg was wrapped around Luke's and his hands were stroking her thighs. His hands were going higher and Kiedi's breathing got ragged as she was filled with want and anticipation. And then one minute he was there and the next minute he was gone, she heard a growl in the rush of air that whipped past her just before he disappeared.

Kiedi sat up in bed completely dumbfounded, what the hell just happened? She thought.

Her door opened then and her father stood there, his eyes searching her room before stopping to stare at her.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah dad what are you doing up so late?" Kiedi asked nervously. He had smelt her dad that's why he left Kiedi thought to herself.

"I work night shifts remember?"

"But your usually asleep by this time on the weekend," Kiedi said.

"I went to get a snack and saw your room light on so I came to check if you were ok."

"Yeah I'm okay I just couldn't sleep," Kiedi lied.

"Okay," her dad said before turning and closing the door behind himself. Kiedi fell back down on the bed with a whoosh.

Luke was going to have to give her some warnings about these things, she muttered to herself as she turned off the light and went back to bed.

so did I answer all your questions or do you have some more. comment and lemme know what's up. and while your at it why not vote ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 201 20
It's love at first sight. They run in slow motion towards each other, and she leaps into his warm embrace. And they live happily ever after... Not! A...
1M 27K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...
64.2K 1.7K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
10.5K 415 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...