Crossed Fates

By wondering15

Description My name is Manya. "Manya" is Russian origin name, one of its meanings is "wished for ". My mom a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

38 2 0
By wondering15

Hello friends. Welcome back. I am sorry for the late upload, got stuck with some work. I have introduced Francisco as Victor. Tell me your views about him as Victor. Continue your reading.

Achilles was addressing the Council of Elders in Arena. He was standing on podium while elder's were sitting on their allocated seats around him. His third in command, Arthur was standing beside him. Disputes in these meetings were always normal in Inferno, but ever since Achilles has took over the position of Alpha these disputes often shape up into violence so keeping damage to pack property in mind the venue of these meeting has been changed from pack hall to Arena.

The atmosphere of Arena was getting more and more tensed by the minute as Achilles keep on explaining and at the end when he disclosed that Victor's mate was a white witch everybody's jaw dropped down to floor.

"When it comes to our Alpha and beta, I am always ready for surprise." Allen Brutus's dad said sarcastically.

"Thanks' for being so understanding,'' Achilles glared at him.

''Gentlemen, lets focus on problem for now. As we all know now that Victor has taken mate and he is bringing her here now. So instead of fighting over useless things we should prepare to welcome her here warm heartily,'' Leonardo interrupted them.

''Leonardo, don't skip to the end. We haven't accepted her yet.'' Allen interfered.

"I think you are forgetting one thing, that it's me, the Alpha of Inferno who has to decide this. You accept her or not that doesn't matter to me,'' Achilles continue to glare him.

Allen was offended by Achilles reply. "If our opinion doesn't matter then why did you even bother calling us? I told you all earlier these kids are not capable of running our pack. See what these kids think of us," Allen hit the Achilles nerve again.

"Damn," Achilles jumped over the podium and landed in front of Allen. He grabbed his collar and hauled him up. "Never ever forget to use Alpha while you address me. I am not a kid and especially your kid. Am I clear?" Achilles growled.

"Achilles stop,'' Leonardo step in between them.

Achilles released Allen and step back. He was trying hard to control himself but was failing badly.

''I have called all of you here to inform you about the arrival of my beta's mate. As per our Law's she is entitled to be part of this pack whether you guys agrees or not, so I guess it will be better if you guys just cooperate. That's all I have to say at this time."

''She is a witch alpha. How can you ignore that?'' one of the elder pointed out.

''She is a white witch Greg not black witch. I think everyone knows the difference between two.'' Achilles replied.

"Still alpha I think we should not ignore this. We werewolf don't mate with witches'' another elder pointed.

''Show me where it is written that we can't mate with witch.'' Achilles demanded.

"Achilles I would suggest that you think over it more before allowing him to mark her as one of us," another elder suggested.

"She has already been marked, that's why I said that she is part of this pack. There is no room for any discussion I guess." Achilles explained.

"Have you seen her mark?" Brutus dad inquired.

Achilles scoffed. "No I haven't. But I have been already informed that she has been marked." Achilles wasn't sure of that fact as he was unable to get in touch with Victor since yesterday. He was just keeping his fingers crossed about this.

"So you haven't seen her mark, or maybe she is still not marked. So let's wait for them and hope we can stop this madness. We can't have a witch in our pack."

"One more thing the marked should not be fresh." Allen added with smirk.

"Alpha with due respect, I want to say that if beta has marked her then I will respect her as our Beta's mate but if not, then I surely don't want to mix our bloodline with Witch. Believe me mixing of these two bloodline has always result in havoc." Greg presented his view.

"I agree," one the elder supported him.

"I agree too," another one join it and so on everybody joins in the motion.

Achilles didn't have any choice other than accepting the motion so he just nodded.

"So let's just have some drinks while waiting for them," Leonardo offered to dissipate the tension.

At the same time Victor get off the plane. Driver was waiting from them outside airport. Victor called Achilles once he was inside car. Instead of receiving the call Achilles mind linked him.

"Can't talk on phone. I am in with these douche bag."

"I can guess that." Victor replied.

"Have you marked her?"

"Yeah. I did."

"That's good. Now I am going to rip Allen head today," Achilles growled.

"Easy Achilles. I will be there in one hour. Just hold on till then."

"Ok I will tell Athena about your arrival. I think she is preparing some surprise for you."

"Don't you think surprise should be kept surprise." Victor taunted.

"Oh, I thought you were still the same victor but I guess that Athena was right people do change after mating," Achilles teased.

"Shut up." Victor laughed. "It seems like Athena is really happy because of my mating."

"Yeah she definitely is."

"I will be there soon."

"Are you ok?" Eve asked Victor.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You just space out." Eve was anxious.

"Oh that, I was talking to Achilles. I am sorry were you asking something."

"Nothing important. Is your pack nearby?"

"No, it is five mile away. Are you nervous? You can relax we still have time."

Eve thought about something. "Can I ask you few question about you guys. I am little curious."

"Little?" Victor said in his husky voice and cocked his eyebrow.

His voice made her heart flutter, she felt a strange tingling in her neck where Victor marked her. She quickly turned her face toward window. She could feel his stare on her back.

Victor start humming song. "I can feel your heart beat."

When she heard it she knows at once that she was caught in act and she turned red in embarrassment. She could hear him laughing. He keep on repeating those line. His voice was turning her on and his laugh was making adding to that fire.

"Stop embarrassing me," she whined like kid. Victor burst into laughter. At last Eve turned back to face him and snap her hand which results in an invisible blow straight on his head.

"Damn that hurts." Victor said while rubbing his head.

"Then you should not tease me."

"I told you there are certain disadvantage of having a werewolf mate." He cocked his eyebrows.

Eve glared at him. "Victor stop here if you want to live. Don't forget I am a witch."

"You got me there." he raised his hand in surrender. "I will stop here before you try something again. I surely won't fight back my mate," Victor said last word with sincerity and hug her lightly.

Eve heart melt down after hearing those words. It still surprises her that 24 hrs ago she was a hostage and now she was safe and sound in arms of her mates. The thought that all of this could turn out to be a dream gave her goosebumps. She hugged back Victor tightly.

"You are safe with me." Victor reassured her when he sensed her fear and embraced her again. She blinked away tears forming in her eyes.

"It's ok you can cry I know I have that effect on girls," Victor joked to make her laugh.

Eve punched him again in shoulder. "Are you always this overweening or this one of side effect of being werewolf?"

"Umm, I think it is exclusive."

"I thought so."

"Okay, I won't tease you anymore. Ask me what you wanted to ask."

"Not anything in peculiar. Just tell me more about werewolf. I have read alot about werewolf but I think reality is quite different from those in book."

"I haven't read those books myself so I don't know actually what is written in them. So you have to be more precise."

"Tell me about shifting. Does it hurts?"

"Hmm. Good question. It hurt like hell when we shifts for the first time. Just imagine like someone is crushing your bones in a grinder and peeling of your skin inch by inch, and it continues for hours. But it became less painful and faster as days goes by."

"Does it still hurts you?"

"I think I have become habitual to that pain so it doesn't affect anymore,"

"What about your power?"

"Umm.. We heals quiet fast. We can hear and smell for miles. We are also physically strong. I guess that's it."

"And your mind link?"

"Yeah we can mind link with each other in a radius of two or three mile. This depend on how powerful our wolf is."

"Then how did you mind linked with your Alpha just now?"

Victor was taken aback by her question. "He must be in town." he replied nervously as if trying to hide something.

"Infact we both can also mind link with each other now, however you will need some practice" he tried to change the topic.

"Victor if this is something we can't talk about just tell me straight away. You don't have to lie to me. I have already told you that I will understand."

"How do you know that I am lying?"

"You aura changed."

"Stupid Colors," he muttered to himself. "Thanks for understanding." He took her hand and gently kiss it. Her face again turned red again. "Stop blushing this much, it can be dangerous to you."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Why did you say that?"

"That was nothing. I was just kidding."

"You are lying again." she crossed her arms in front of herself. "Wait a minute, you have a strange red color aura. What is that? I don't know what it mean."

"Stop looking at those colors." Victor closed her eyes with his hand.

"Victor what are you doing?"

"First promise me you won't look for colors around me."

"Okay I will try."

Victor withdraws his hand.

"You will die off my hand someday if you keep on provoking me." Eve glared and punch him hard on his shoulder.

"You hit like a man Eve."

"Why did you close my eyes?"

"That's not important. You don't know meaning of all colors."

"Yeah. I was still learning when I was kidnapped." She fall back in her old memories.

"I am sorry I shouldn't have brought this topic. "

"It's okay."

Victor squeezed her hand in his hand lightly and sighed in relief. Now he knows that Eve could also saw his tuned on feeling's for her. Good thing for him she didn't know its meaning.

"We will be there soon."

When they finally reach pack house. Achilles called them directly to pack meeting. "Don't look at color around people, you will be terrified with what you will see." Victor warned Eve beforehand.

Achilles and Leonardo greeted them and took them to the podium. Because of her off shoulder dress, Eve's mark was quiet visible, everybody was silent as they don't have any ground to oppose it now. Victor introduced her to the pack. Eve was afraid to face the crowd, it's been a long time since she was out like this before. She bowed but most of them just ignored her gesture.

"A little respect will be appreciated gentlemen," Achilles reminded them.

"Respect has to be earned. You can't force it on us kid," Allen replied.

"Alpha, Allen alpha. Forget this once more and you will be dead as meat." Achilles growled. "I won't repeat it twice, so everyone present here hear it clearly. She is my Beta's mate thus she deserves respect from all of you. Keep this in your mind all time she is not beneath you, she is above you so you don't have any right to judge her. Sooner you guys accept this better it will be for all of us. Is it clear?"

The Arena fell into pin drop silence. "Is it clear?" Achilles growled loud enough to send a chill through the forest back to pack house. Everybody replied together, "Yes Alpha."

"That enough Achilles, let's go." Victor hold him back.

"Victor you will regret this decision of yours." Allen speaks once again.

"Allen we have enough of you for today. If you don't mind we can continue it later because I am damn sure you will get something new soon to bother us again." Victor replied this time.

"Yeah, Sure. Till then watch your back." Allen left with those words of warning.

"I think we should dismiss this meeting now. Our Beta's mate must be tired from journey. She needs rest," Arthur jumps in conversation to dissipate the tension.

"Yeah you are right Arthur. Can you wrap up here? Athena must be waiting for us"

"Yes Alpha." Arthur replied calmly.

"Do join us for dinner Arthur," Achilles invited him over. Arthur has taken over third in command position last year. He have fought hard to earn trust of Achilles and Victor. He knows they both are keeping secrets from him. He don't blame them for that, both of them have gone through a lot but he hopes that one day they will trust him enough to share everything with him. He was living for that day when his alpha would see him as his true Third in command.

Achilles, Victor, Leonardo and Eve left for pack house. Eve was fascinated by pack house.

"Do you like it?" Victor asked.

"Like, I love it," Eve replied.

Athena and Manya were waiting for them at the front door of their wing. As soon as Eve step out of the car, Athena hugged her tightly. Eve was taken off guard and she lost her balance and both of them fall backward. Manya was quick enough to hold them back to prevent fall.

"Athena seriously, are you trying to kill her on her first day in pack?" Leonardo drag her back.

"I am sorry for that. I must have scared you." Athena apologies.

"No, Its ok." Eve replied.

"By the way I am Athena. I am Victor's mom." Athena introduced herself gracefully.

"I am Eve. I have heard a lot about you from Victor."

"Really! Was it good or all bad?" Athena inquired curiously. Everyone at the back start laughing.

"Mom you can continue this later let us first welcome her inside," Manya step forward.

"Hi I am Manya. Victor's little sis. Welcome to your new house. You are so beautiful. Now I get it why Victor marked you all of sudden." Manya hugged her gently. "Let's go inside. You must be hungry. We have prepared a little welcome dinner for you. I hope you like it."

"I don't know about her but I am starving. A little attention over here ladies." Victor interrupted them.

"Of course Vic. Let's go." Manya hurried inside.

Arthur also joins them over dinner again. Over dinner none of them brought over her past. Athena has asked them to avoid. After dinner Athena forced Victor to take Eve for a walk around the house. They sat around the bonfire and talked.

"I can't believe I am free and above it I have family once again," Eve said while wiping away her tears.

"Don't cry." Victor hold her hand. "Past is in past, just look ahead in future."

"I am trying to, but I am feeling like I am dreaming all this and someone will wake me up soon."

Victor pinch her hard on cheek.

"Ouch, Victor why did you do that?"

"Now can you believe that this is not a dream?" Eve smiled and nodded her head.

After a while butler bring wine to them and soon Achilles joins them.

"How's it going so far Eve?" Achilles asked.

"No I am good." Eve replied. She noticed intense power surge coming from him but didn't brought that up.

"In future if you need anything, tell this jerk or me or the best option, find our Manya. You can also go to our mother but I doubt that it will be of any help."

"I totally agree with this," Victor back him up.

"I feel sorry for Athena. Her kids are making fun of her behind her, that's now right" Eve complained.

"Wait a little longer you will join this anti Athena club soon," Victor replied.

"Well her name just reminded something I need to ask you victor. Can I borrow your mate for a while?" Achilles asked Eve.

"Yeah sure. He is all yours." Eve smiled gently

"Never say that in front of Athena," he and Achilles burst into laughter again.

"What! Why?" Eve asked.

"That sweetheart is story for another time. What were you going to ask Achilles?"

"Do you want me to say it in front of her?"

"Something serious?"

"Nothing serious. It's just Athena being Athena"

"Then just say it."

"Alright, Dad has asked me to tell you that mom is preparing single room for both of you. Does that concern you guys?"

"What!" Eve and Victor blurt out together. Eve face turned pale when she thought about it more.

"Achilles I don't think, Eve is ready for this right now. We have to stop her." Victor said after looking at her mate. Eve relaxed a little when she heard those words.

"I agree with that but not Athena. You better come up with some good excuse to convince her." Achilles suggested.

"I think I know one. Martha has advised me not to complete mating with her soon as Eve's body is still weak and won't be able to handle changes during mating." Victor told Achilles. Eve covered her face in embarrassment.

"I think that will be fine. But in future choose word wisely." Achilles indicated toward Eve, who was apparently angry.

"Umm Yeah I will." Victor said when he noticed furious Eve. "Achilles can you keep Eve accompanied, I will go and pursue Athena?"

"Okay. Tell her that Eve can stay in one of the guest room for time being."

"I think she will feel lonely there. She can stay with Manya. What do you think?" Victor suggested.

"Yeah, I think this is better."

Victor gulped down his wine and left in hurry.

"I hope you adjust well here. Their might be some problem initially but I promise you will fall in love with our pack in the slowly."

"I will try my level best to keep up with Victor's expectation and earn trust of all of you." Eve replied.

"Victor already believes you so I am also going to trust you. We don't have many people around us whom we can trust. So please don't fail our trust."

"I won't Alpha." She replied.

"Just call me Achilles. No formality with in family." Eve nodded in response.

"Let's get inside its getting cold."

Manya took Eve back to her room. Achilles and Victor went to study room. They were talking about Black witches reason for coming to their pack when Manya busted in.

"Hey guys, when are we going to throw Eve's welcome party in our pack?"

"Manya, this is office, we are in middle of something. Can you disturb us later?" Achilles groaned.

"Why are you acting so cold?Vic tell him shut up." Manya pleaded Victor.

"Manya go and sleep if you don't want to get dark circles." Victor pushed her toward door.

Manya ducked him and went back inside. "That don't matter in my case. All of the pack boys are so scared of you guys that they don't want to risk their life for dating me. They don't even look at me." Manya pouted and wiped away fake tears.

"Are you done?" Achilles sounded bored.

"No, tell me when are you guys planning to throw party? Then I will leave. I want to invites some of my friends in that."

"You can't invite humans in here Manya," Achilles reminded her.

"Wait a minute. Our Manya want to invite her friends. That's new," Victor was happy and surprised.

"Yes Vic and I wanted to introduce them to you. Please let me bring them." She pouted again.

"Okay that's fine." Victor replied.

"Victor what are you doing?" Achilles was shocked.

"Achilles please for her. We will set up little control measure during their stay to avoid anyone shifting in front of them."

"Really? If you want then go ahead. But you have to keep eye on pack during humans stay," Achilles agreed finally.

"I love you guys. But when is the party," She asked again.

"Next full moon," Achilles replied.

Manya phone start ringing, she moves towards window and answered it.

"Hey Ariana. What's up?"

"Yeah I won't forget."

"Yeah I remember that too."

"Are you coming at my audition?"

"You are so cool."

Victor was happily watching her little sister happy. When he turned Achilles was nowhere in room. He followed his scent and found him on the terrace. Achilles back was toward Victor and he was breathing heavily.

"Achilles what's wrong?"

"Nothing, leave me alone for a second. I will come back in a moment."

Victor was stunned when he saw his claws out. "Achilles look at me," he turned Achilles to face himself. "Your eyes Achilles, they are pitch black, that's not your eyes color and your wolf is at bay."

"I know, that's why I told you to leave me alone."

"Tell me what happened? What triggered it?"

"I don't know it either."

"Really!"

"Victor give me a break. Don't push me now. I am really fighting hard with myself right now. I think I need a run."

"Okay, go ahead. We will talk about it when you get back."

Victor didn't even get the chance to finish as Achilles jumped from terrace to the ground shredding his clothes in middle and landed on all four and ran toward forest. Few minutes later Victor heard his howl echoing through the forest. Achilles howls always has a dominance, forcing other to submit. But right now there was something different about it. It was full of yearning, as if he was trying to reach out someone or calling someone to him. Victor decided to follow him in case he cross pack boundaries in this state. They returned at the dawn. Achilles was silent and Victor decided to gave him some time to gather himself before inquiring.

Next morning everyone was already gathered for breakfast except for Achilles when Victor came down. Athena and Manya were telling Eve Victor's childhood stories. Achilles joined soon after him. Achilles hinted him not to bring that topic in front of them.

"Achilles are you coming to pick me up after game?" Manya asked him.

"Game? Yeah, I will." Achilles replied while he was going through some papers.

"What game?" Victor inquired.

"I am going to football game today after my audition. You should bring Eve to the game." Manya replied cheerfully.

"Yes, you should take her." Athena agreed to it.

"Fine I will bring." Victor agreed when he saw excitement on Eve face.

"Can I join in?" Athena asked hopefully.

"No." Manya, Victor and Achilles replied at the same time.

"Athena don't spoil their evening. I don't want them to babysit you during game. Let them enjoy evening. Last time they took you to game you end up fighting with someone" Leonardo replied this time.

"What? That woman started the fight when she make fun of my bunny hat. How can you blame me for that? I hate you Leonardo actually I hate all of you." Athena whined.

"Hate us as much as you want but we are not taking you to game in any circumstances. I don't want to take any chance with you." Achilles grumbled.

"Sometime I find it difficult to believe that you are my son." Athena glared.

"Mutual feeling." Achilles replied.

"Okay guys, I am leaving, or I will be late for college." Manya said as she grabbed her bag and phone.

"I am driving you today." Victor said, standing up. Achilles and Victor had decided to change the turns for driving her to college and keeping an eye around her.

"So you guys are going to baby sit me alternatively." Manya asked. "That's fine with me, I am loving this attention. Let's go. Bye Eve, see you at the game. Wear something hot." She kissed Eve and Athena good bye and left with Victor .

I am still waiting for your opinions. Plz comment and vote. See you soon. Bye :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 241 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
7.3K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
817 9 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...