Return ➵ McCall [DISC.]

By golightlys

"I don't know why I look like her, or why I'm here, of all places. But what I do know, is that I want to help... More

《PLAYLIST》
00; Prologue
01; Busted Pens And Awkward Stares
02; Seeing Double
03; Venomous
04; Crimson Hands
05; Daggers And Nightclubs
06; Bruised And Confused
08; Muscle Memory
09; Troubled Airways
10; Charmingly Heartbreaking
11; Current Events
12; Frequent Encounters
13; Bloodsport
14; Helpless
15; Bruised Hearts
16; Fragile
17; Truth Be Told
18; Contrary Belief
19; Metallic
20; In The Way
21; Unbearable
•Part II•
22; Resurface
23; Where Were You
24; Replacement
25; Stitches
26; Cold Shoulder

07; A Shocking Development

11.3K 476 160
By golightlys

"Are you gonna be okay in there?" Scott asked, watching his best friend carefully.

"Yeah." Stiles replied. "Why?"

"You just seem a little off." He shrugged.

"I think we're all a little off." He sighed.

"Some of us more than others." Scott looked behind him at Lydia and Kira, who were trying to get through the gates.

"What happened?" Stiles asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"When the other chimera-Lucas. When he came after us," He paused, finding his next words. "I heard Kira say something in Japanese."

"Doesn't sound too bad."

"She doesn't know any Japanese." Scott explained, shaking his head.

"Still not terrible." Stiles concluded, not sure where he was going with this.

"I also think I might have stopped her from killing Lucas."

"Okay." He sighed, glancing over the alpha's shoulder. "Wasn't he trying to kill you though? And Claire? I mean, it sounds like self defense."

"It was more than that." He frowned, shaking his head. "She nearly took off his head."

"Maybe she had no choice." Stiles took on a defensive tone. "There's got to be a point where self defense is justified. Tracy killed her own father, and Lucas would have killed you."

"They're not the bad guys." Scott said, hearing a car door behind him. "They're the victims. We shouldn't be killing the people we're trying to save."

"Scott's right." Claire spoke up, walking into the conversation. "We should be helping them. Sorry I'm late, my dad was practically guarding the door. Thankfully he got called in." They all turned when the gate sounded, finally opening. She gave them a small smile before heading towards it. They all turned when it shut behind them, like it was locking them inside.

The inside of Eichen House was just as creepy as the outside, Claire decided. Cold tile flooring and dull walls covered every surface, making it seem dead inside. When they got to the counter, the orderly slammed down a plastic bin, looking at then expectantly.

"Please empty your pockets into the container."

"We're here to see-"

"Please empty your pockets into the container." They all obliged, Claire being reluctant to put her purse in, seeing as it contained the dagger. "Please remove your belt, and place it into the container."

"I kinda need the belt." Kira argued awkwardly, her body stiff. "I mean, it's crucial to the outfit."

"Please remove your belt, which patients will attempt to use to strangle either themselves, or others."

"Right. Got it." She muttered, taking off the belt and dropping it into the bin. Claire shifted uncomfortably as he stared at her and Lydia, his eyes raking their bodies slowly, sending a shiver up their spine. They all turned as an officer shut the gate behind him, facing the group.

"I'll remind you, I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton." The guard warned, leading them downstairs. "I'm doing this against my better judgement."

"What's the etiquette for talking to this guy?" Stiles asked, scratching his forehead. "Do you ever look at the other eye?"

"I wouldn't." He said, not even looking back. "In fact, while you're down there, try not to make eye contact with anyone, or anything."

"Delightful." Claire muttered, Scott placing his hand on the small of her back, Kira watching as tiny black veins pulsated under his skin, taking some of the pain from her hip. "Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" He whispered, not making eye contact.

"Taking my pain." She snapped under breath, moving his hand. "I'll be fine." They made their way down a hallway, Claire, Stiles, and Lydia turning to see Scott and Kira standing there, looking around with confused expressions.

"You didn't think you were all going did you?" The guard inquired.

"This is mountain ash isn't it." Scott said, more a statement than a question.

"It's everywhere." He shrugged. "But heavily concentrated down here." He slid his card through, opening the gate. "Vallack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

"Claire." Lydia spoke slowly, turning to the brunette after seeing Scott's expression. "Stay out here. In case anything happens."

"Alright." She nodded, watching as they entered through the gate, Stiles' hand on the strawberry blonde's shoulder protectively. Claire sighed and walked over to Scott and Kira, leaning against the wall, Kira on the other.

"I can't hear anything." Scott sighed, looking along the ceiling. "Must be the mountain ash." He walked over to his girlfriend, using the wall to support himself while Claire just slid into a sitting position across from them.

"I feel it too." Kira's tone was exhausted, her eyes growing heavy. "To be honest, I feel a little weak."

"Yeah, it's like..." He paused, searching for the words as he clenched and unclenched his hand into a fist.

"Being sedated?" Claire suggested, watching them carefully.

"Yeah."

"This was a bad idea wasn't it?" Kira sighed, looking at him.

"No, they'll be okay without us." He said, looking over at where his friends had gone.

"What's up with them? Stiles and Lydia I mean." Claire asked. "They've got this Mulder and Sully vibe."

"Those two, they're pretty good together." He shook his head.

"Yeah, they are." Kira agreed.

"No super strength, no samurai swords or daggers, but they stay alive." He spoke fondly, recalling the development of their friendship.

"He still likes her doesn't he?"

"Yeah. Yeah, but it's different now." He said. "I mean, you should've seen the way he used to be around her."

"Was it bad?" Claire asked, chuckling slightly.

"It was kinda obsessive." Scott chuckled. "But not all bad. Y'know, Lydia used to pretend not to be smart."

"Really?" She asked, shocked. "She seems like the kind of girl who flaunts that she's smarter than everyone."

"Yeah, Stiles was the only one who knew."

"How?"

"He paid attention." He explained. "He listened to her. He remembered."

Claire looked up to see the lights start flickering, static filling her ears.

"Did you see that?" Scott asked stepping into the middle of the hall, but she was focused on the girl behind him.

"No, but I am seeing this." Kira stuttered, eyes wide as she looked down at herself, electrical currents flowing through her visibly.

"Kira, whatever you're doing, please stop." Claire pleaded, eyes wide as she scrambled to her feet.

"I'm not doing anything." She whimpered, her body stiff. "It's just happening." One of the currents struck a light, causing it to explode.

"Kira." Claire gasped, kneeling down to her unconscious body and reaching her hand out. As soon as she touched her she was flung back by a spark of electricity, slamming her against the wall.

"Scott don't!"

Scott groaned, pushing himself off the floor after being sent into a gate by Kira's wayward spark.

"You alright?" The guard asked, kneeling down next to him.

"Something's happening." He watched his girlfriends body thrive with electricity. "And I think she's causing it."

"We need to get her out of here right now." He said as Scott's eyes traveled to Claire's now unconscious figure. "The girl will be fine."

"I can't just leave her here!" He argued, looking back at him. The guard walked over to her and pressed two fingers to her neck.

"She has a steady pulse. But you need to get that one out of here."

"How am I supposed to do that if I can't even touch her?" They turned to see one of the dread doctor pull a pole out of an orderlies neck.

"I think you better run." The guard warned.

"I can't just leave them!" He gasped, looking at him with wide eyes.

"I can." The guard darted though a door on the side of the hall, leaving Scott alone. Thee doctors opened the door, the alpha bending down and taking Kira in his arms, grunting as the electricity pulsed through him. With one last glance at Claire he kicked open the door barely missing the doctors as the walked past.

● ● ●

Claire's eyes fluttered open in time to see one of the doctors looming over her, running his metal fingers across her cheek carefully. She pushed herself up and crawled backwards as the doctor walked away, not giving her a second glance. She let out a groan as she pushed herself up, using the wall to steady herself.

"Claire." Scott breathed, bursting through the door. He was covered in burns, looking just as unsteady as her. He pulled her into his arms, careful not to drop her. "Are you okay?"

"Scott." She gasped, clutching his shirt tightly.

"I think they knew me."

________________________

Not edited.

I need some excederin and a nap. I'm giving you guys this chapter earlier than I was originally going to, but I start school tomorrow and probably won't update until this weekend so this will hopefully tide y'all over.

Just so y'all don't get mad at Scotty boy, he did not want to leave Claire there. At all. But he needed to get Kira out of there in order to save everyone there. Like what I did with the title? Because Kira "shocks" her. No? Okay.

I'm so excited for this story and Claire's development you don't even know. What did you guys think of that creepy doctor moment at the end? Kinda creepy...

Anyways, Vote, comment, and pray I don't jump off my balcony tomorrow morning.

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1K 41
Peter Hale is dead. (Finally.) Lydia Martin was bitten but is not a werewolf and also not dead. Derek Hale is now the alpha, not sure if that's a goo...
31.3K 901 38
❝ the way he looks at her, i don't think he's never looked at me that way ❞ ❝ maybe you just weren't looking ❞ High school is supposed to be hard. Th...
65.9K 1.8K 56
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale is back in Beacon Hills after a short time away. She expects to live out her senior year in peace and harmony but, as usual, t...
1.7K 54 12
Jackson Whittemore has moved to London. A new teacher, Jennifer Blake, has joined Beacon Hills High school with a keen eye for Derek. While infiltrat...