In Love In A Flash

By DeniseGustin

Hi my name is Madison Foster and I grow up in Central City, but I had to leave for other reasons. Now I'm bac... More

Back Home
Barry!
Secrets
Iris & Eddie?
A Hero
Run Barry Run!
Faith
Walk It Off
Danton Black
Bad Memories
The Mist
Everything Changes When Secrets Come Out
Little Sis
We All Do...
Captain Cold
Cheers
She's The Bomb
I Know The Feeling
Bad News
Bette?
Busted
Little Chat
Man Of Steel
Visit From Tony
Don't Kill My Boyfriend
The Flash
Happy B-Day
Gone?
Farooq Gibran
Getting To Close To The Truth
First Mission
Team Up
A/N:Very Important!
Anger
We Meet Again
Spill The Beans
A/N Alphabet Chaallenge
I Have These Thoughts
Time Will Tell
Wake Up!
Don't Stop
Gain To Lose
Jerk?
Grey Hair
A Pity Party?
Grandma's Esther's Famous Eggnog
#Wattys2016
The Man In Yellow
Gone Wrong
Cold's Back
Abducted
Returned
Trust Is A Powerful Thing
Checkmate
Liquid Courage
New Reporter
Father Knows Best
The Girl
Casual Flirt
There's Nothing Wrong With A Little Help

Using Powers For Good

5.3K 143 11
By DeniseGustin

  I woke up this morning  to a text from Barry, and it went like this:

        Hey, morning! I know you want a job as a writer,but how about you work at S.T.A.R Labs for now... we can really use you in the team

        I chuckle and respond:

        You know what, why not. I'll just quit my job because it's getting me nowhere, plus working at Jitters isn't as fun at working along side you guys :P

        I put my phone down and changed. I walked into my kitchen and made some coffee. As I waited for my coffee to brew, I get another text from Barry:

        He can do it. I know he can. LOL You do care >///<

        What!? He couldn't have heard me when I said that. It's impossible this can't be happening! I respond and say this:

     Omg you weren't supposed to hear that! >///< 

        Seconds later I get a respond back from him:

        What you said was sweet... it keep me going... you really helped yesterday even if you don't think so. Anyway, see you latter ;)

        I giggled to myself. Got to love Barry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I walk into S.T.A.R Labs and sit down.

        "Sup, new co-worker!" says Cisco.

        "Right back at you. Whats going on?" I asked giving him a sideways glance.

        "Fire on Western and 3rd  in downtown Central City," says Cisco. That doesn't sound good.
        "Barry?Barry!" Cisco yells into the mic.

        "What?" Barry says."Did I miss it?" he asked.

        I chuckle, "You overshot by about six blocks."

        Barry lets out a sigh, "My bad." he says. I take a seat next to Cisco.

        "You there yet?" Cisco asked.

        "What are you doing?" I turned around to see Caitlin by the door way. Talk about heart attacks! 

        I look at Cisco and together we say, "Nothing." Couldn't have gotten anymore obvious if you asked me.

        "Who are you talking to?" Caitlin tried again.

        "No one," I replied.

        "Are you talking to Barry?" Caitlin asked more annoyed.

        "Who?" Cisco asked. I rolled my eyes punching Cisco's arm.

        "Ow!" Cisco mumbled. After I thought it couldn't get any more obvious.

        "Barry Allen? Stuck by lightning? Was in a coma for nine months? Woke up being able to run faster than the speed of sound? Madison's boyfriend? Ring a bell?"

        "No., " says Cisco.

        "Haven't talked to him today." I lied. I turned around to hear Barry yelling,

        "Guys, there's fire everywhere! Guys, are you still there?"

        I turned back to see Caitlin giving us a dirty look.

        "Everybody's out. What else you got for me?" says Barry.

        Caitlin grabs the mic, "Barry, it's Caitlin."

        "He, Caitlin." Barry says a bit worry."How's your day?"

        "Get back to S.T.A.R Labs now!" Caitlin says. Oh, man, we are in so much trouble. 

        "On my way," says Barry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Barry comes in giving me a kiss on the forehead. "Wasn't supposed to hear that?" he joked. I was going to come up with a great comeback until Caitlin burst out with her question.

        "Have you three lost your minds? Who do think you are?"

        "Well I and Cisco are the eyes and ears, and he's the feet," I say, gaining myself another dirty look for the day. "Hey, you wanted an answer I gave you one."

        "This isn't funny. You couldn't have gotten yourself killed. You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman." says Caitlin.

        "Why not? This is what we talked about: Me using my speed to do good." Barry says.

        "We did say that," I say.

        "We talked about you helping us contain other people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion." says Caitlin.

        "Yeah, Meta-humans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any, so why can't Barry help people with his speed." I asked.

        "People in this city still need my help. And I can help them." Barry points out.

        "We can help them." I correct him. Dr. Wells came into the Cortex.

        "Will you please say something?" Caitlin asked Dr.Wells. I rolled my eyes, does she really need back up on this.

        "I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own spectacularly anger way, is that we are just beginning to understand what your body is capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen I do caution restraint," says Dr.Wells.

        "Dr.Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today." says Barry.

        "In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things." Dr.Wells says leaving, he had a point.

        "Know your limits," says Caitlin."Don't expert me in patching you up every time you break something." she then leaves the Cortex, good thing to cause I had enough of her negative comments.

        "Hey, uh anything happens out there today? The sensors in the suit were kicking back some weird telemetry like vitals spiked for a few seconds," says Cisco.

        "Never felt better," says Barry. "Um... Madison, I was thinking... maybe... I don't know... do you want to go on a date sometime?" his face turned to a dark shade of red.

        I blushed."I'll love too." I said with a smile. Barry was about to say something, but his phone stared to vibrate. He let out a sigh and picked up the phone.

        "Hey, Joe, everything, all right? I'll be right there." Barry hangs up. "My day job beckons," he says. I watch him leave and sigh. Talk about bad timing Joe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "I would have taken European folklore to cover my sociology requirement, but no. You said, 'take journalism, like me Iris, Reporters have all the fun.'" says Iris as we walked into Barry's Lab.

        "Well, they do!" 

        "Well, guess what Madison?" Iris says as we enter Barry's Lab."Reporters have none of the fun. Journalism is boring. I'm bored. I blame you." I look over at Barry to see him staring at me. I guess Iris saw too. "What? Why are you staring at Madison like that?"

        Barry's faced turned red. "She looks really nice." he pointed out. I look done remembering I have worn a dress and so did Iris to pick up Barry.

        I blushed,"Thanks," I say. I then chuckle as a look at how he's dress. "Why don't you look nice?" Barry gave me a questioning look. "Oh gosh, this afternoon? Suit and tie? The university is giving Simon Stagg-" Barry cut me off.

        "Simon Stagg." he says remembering. 

        "Some big award. You wanted me to go with you and not only that, but you agreed-" he cuts me off again.

        "To explain the science stuff for Iris's article. It's all coming back to me now." 

        "How fast can you get home and change?" asked Iris.

        "Uh, pretty fast." says Barry.

        "Hey, Allen." I turn around to see Eddie walk in."Joe asked me to see where you're at on the evidence from the gun store shooting. Oh hey, Iris."

        "Detective," Iris says with a sparkle in her eyes. I giggle at the sigh of them.

        "You do know that we know, right? Just kiss already." I say. Barry and I are both got stuck watching them kiss and I fake a gag making Barry laugh.

        "Thanks for being so cool about this, you guys. I know it's not easy keeping a big secret," say Eddie.

        "At least we don't have to keep secrets about dating," I say winking at Barry.

        "To be fair, we all saw it coming," Iris says, getting us to all laugh.

        "Anyway, were getting used to it." says Barry."Let's get going."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City university, to be standing before you now, the regents choice for man of the year. While I very much appreciate the award, the real honor for me is knowing that my work in organ transference helps give people a second chance at life. Thank you all very much for coming." Simon Stagg says, everyone gave a round of applause. 

        "Okay. All right, first thing first Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement," says Barry.

        "Are journalists allowed to drink on the jobs?" Iris asked getting herself some Champagne.

        Barry handed me some Champagne and I thanked him. "Never said you couldn't," I replied.

        "If you are bored already, just wait till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration." Barry joked. I chuckled.

        "I miss this." I say giving Barry a kiss on the lips."I feel like we haven't  spent any quality time together since you woke up from the coma."

        "Shouldn't I be the one saying that you both are dating which means more time together," Iris says winking at us.

        "Not enough." I joke.

        "Yeah, I've had a crazy few weeks, I know," Barry says.

        "To be honest, I thought you guys may have been avoiding me because of Eddie. I know you think it's wrong, me dating my dad's partner, and I just-" Barry cut her off.

        "No! That's not it at all."

        "At all," I agree. Soon Mr. Stagg walks by.

        "Oh! Oh! Mr. Stagg, I was wondering if I could get a quote from you for my article." says Iris.

        "Not now, miss." say one of the guards.

        Iris sighed. "I'll just make something up." Barry and I laugh.

        "You go do that," I say. "Anyway, I-" that was when I was cut off by a loud noise and screams. Gunshots!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.1K 43
Book (2) Sequel to my Flash x OC fan-fiction, Be You're Hero. Barry finally popped the question to Ella. They were engaged! But after his father's de...
197K 4.9K 43
Arielle Murray was hit by a wave of dark matter the same night as many other people, including Barry Allen. Not many people know he is the Flash, but...
3K 130 26
My name is Arabella Smith, I am a sketch artist and a CSI. I am best friends with Iris West. I would be closer to Barry if he wasn't so caught up wit...
241K 5.4K 69
Book (1) Ella Peters is just a regular girl. She has always dreamed of becoming a reporter. When she was a kid, she was best friends with Barry Allen...