In Love In A Flash

By DeniseGustin

Hi my name is Madison Foster and I grow up in Central City, but I had to leave for other reasons. Now I'm bac... More

Barry!
Secrets
Iris & Eddie?
A Hero
Run Barry Run!
Using Powers For Good
Faith
Walk It Off
Danton Black
Bad Memories
The Mist
Everything Changes When Secrets Come Out
Little Sis
We All Do...
Captain Cold
Cheers
She's The Bomb
I Know The Feeling
Bad News
Bette?
Busted
Little Chat
Man Of Steel
Visit From Tony
Don't Kill My Boyfriend
The Flash
Happy B-Day
Gone?
Farooq Gibran
Getting To Close To The Truth
First Mission
Team Up
A/N:Very Important!
Anger
We Meet Again
Spill The Beans
A/N Alphabet Chaallenge
I Have These Thoughts
Time Will Tell
Wake Up!
Don't Stop
Gain To Lose
Jerk?
Grey Hair
A Pity Party?
Grandma's Esther's Famous Eggnog
#Wattys2016
The Man In Yellow
Gone Wrong
Cold's Back
Abducted
Returned
Trust Is A Powerful Thing
Checkmate
Liquid Courage
New Reporter
Father Knows Best
The Girl
Casual Flirt
There's Nothing Wrong With A Little Help

Back Home

14.1K 263 47
By DeniseGustin

A/N For some reason links don't seem to work, so lots of times in this story it would say something like "Looking like this" but have no link. If you do want to see the link feel free to go to the story on Quotev to see them. http://www.quotev.com/story/6415298/In-Love-In-a-Flash/

Disclaimer: I do not own 'The Flash' or any of the original plot lines from the T.V show. I only own Madison Foster, a character I created.

Its been such a long day. I grew up in Central City so it's nice to be moving back. I get out of the cab and head to my apartment to unload my bags. I look out my window to see a coffee place across the street a few blocks down. I could really go for some coffee. I head over to the coffee place call "CC Jitters" by the looks of it.

I walk up to the cashier, with her back towards me.

"Next?" she asked.

"I' think I'll have an espresso?" I say after deciding. She turns around with the biggest white smile.

"Madison!" she said overwhelm.

"Hey Iris, it's been forever!" I say recognizing who I'm talking to.

"Go take a seat, I'll be right over," she says. I take a seat and wait. It's been forever since I've seen Iris. Besides that fact that she's much older than the last time I saw her, she still manages to look the same. She soon comes over with my espresso and takes a seat across from me.

"Why didn't you call to give me a heads up?" she chuckles, playfully punching me in the arm.
"Sorry, I was just so busy with the move, I've haven't had time," I explain.

"What brings you back?" she asks. "It wasn't Barry, was it?" Irish adds on with a smirk.

"No!" I say turning a bit red. "I just missed the place, that's all." 

"I did miss Badison." she mumbles under her breath, but I can hear her perfectly.

"Really, don't use that," I sigh. Everyone always said that Barry and I secretly have a thing for one another, but I truly doubt that he like me in that way.

"It's cute!" Iris defends the ship name.  "Anyway, come on," she says.

"Come on where?" I ask.

"You'll see," she says as she makes her way towards the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We headed up the elevator of the local police station. We come out and are greeted by Mr.West, Iris's dad.

"Hi, Mr.West!" I say. "I forgot that you work here."

"Madison! It's nice seeing you again. What brings you back. Don't tell me because of Barry?" he asks.

"Why does everyone say that?" I say feeling my face burn up once more today.

"Come on Madison lets go see your boyfriend." giggles Iris.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I mumble. We head up the stairs into Barry's lab. He's lab is full with racks holding tons of multicolor chemicals. Pretty sure at least half might be completely dangerous if touched. Not to mention a desk stacked to the brim with paperwork.

"Okay, I am ready to see this atom smasher smashing. Also look Barr, Madison moved back. Isn't that great!" say Iris with a big grin. Barry smiles a big smile with his cute dimples showing.

"Hey," he says wrapping his arms around me, giving me a hug. "It's been a while."

"Nice to see you too," I say hugging him back.

"There was a shooting today. Your dad needs me to process some evidence. Which means I don't know if we're gonna be able to make it to S.T.A.R Labs." he says.

"Seeing this thing turn on is like your dream. Your sad little nerdy dream," says Iris. "Plus, I canceled a date for this." She reaches for so of Barry's fries that he has laid on his desk.

"Hands off my fries," says Barry as he waves his hands to dismiss Iris' hands from grabbing his fries. Failing as Iris takes some. "Unbelievable," Barry mumbles with a growing smile.

"Hey, I'm stress eating over my dissertation. We started selling cronuts at Jitters, I ate two of them today. If I don't graduate soon, I'm gonna be more muffin- top than a woman." she says.

I chuckle,"Won't want that happening, now do we?"

"You look amazing, both of you," says Barry. I try not to blush, but come on!

"Whats is so important about this particle accelerator anyway?" I ask.

"Harrison Wells' works in quantum theory is light- years ahead of anything they're doing at CERN.," says Barry, but Iris cuts him off.

"You're doing that thing when your not speaking English." I roll my eyes and watch Barry walk over to his dry erase board. He takes a black marker and draws a dot.

"Okay, so imagine that that dot, is everything the human race has ever learned until this moment." says Barry.

"Does that include twerking?" asks Iris.

"Iris!" I say chuckling. Barry draws another circle around the dot, ignoring Iris's comment, but between you in me, including twerking.

"That is everything we can learn from the particle accelerator. It's a whole new way of looking at physic," says Barry with so much hope in his eyes. "It will literally change the way we think about everything."

"You really need a girlfriend," says Iris looking at me than towards Barry. Both are faces turned a shade of pink and I looked away.

"Hey, leave him alone." I turn around to see Mr. West coming into the lab.

"Hi, dad." says Iris.

"Your testing is done. I think the Mardon brothers are hiding in a farm. The fecal matter I found on the street, it was cow manure, which contains traces of oxytetracycline." Barry tells Mr. West. "It's an antibiotic.There are only four farms in the area that still use it in their feed. I bet you'll find a very sweet Shelby parked at one of them. " he hands Mr. West a paper, most likely with the information about the farms.

"Since, seeing as how Barry solved your gross poop problem, how about letting him go to S.T.A.R Labs?" I ask Mr.West. A smile crossed his face.

"Fine, go."

"Yes! Thanks, Joe." I say grabbing Barry and Iris arm, heading out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holding Barry's arm and Iris's arm we walked toward the mob of nerds, but in all fairness, I was one of them. I couldn't wait to see the particle accelerator in action! After hearing what Barry had said, I couldn't help but become curious on just how much our lives will be affected by the particle accelerator.

"So how was your trip?" I ask Barry

"Yeah, did you find proof the impossible in Starling City, or did you just make my dad mad for no reason?" Iris asked. I looked at Barry finding him staring at me. He quickly looks away, face turning red.

"Actually, while I was away, I had a chance to think about relationships," says Barry. I felt my face burn. Iris gave me a nudge. "And well, I'm not in one, and you're not in one either, and you're my best friend Madison, you to Iris." I smile.

"You're mine, too," I say.

"Same." says Iris.

"Plus, I won't be here if we weren't best friends," I say as a joke, but really I was trying to brush away what I thought he meant.

"That's not what I meant. What I meant is-" he begins, but I cut him off.

"I know what you mean."

"I'm not sure you do." he says.

"Even thought be didn't grow up in the same house, like you and Iris, you're like a brother to me, but not bother and sister. It might be awkward to talk to me about girls, it shouldn't be that way. You can tell me anything." I say with a grin. "There is nothing that I want more than to see you meet the right girl that totally loves and adores you for the person you really are."

"A person that loves you as much as me." I thought, but I wasn't going to tell him. I couldn't.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." he says with a grin, but I can tell by the way he looked at me there was more he wanted to say, but I wasn't going to push him to tell me.

"Aw!" Iris says. I rolled my eyes. "Aren't you glade you know someone like Madison that knows you so well." Soon everyone around us starts clapping and cheering. I looked at the stage to see the one and only Harrison Wells.

"Thank you, my name is Harrison Wells. Tonight the future begins. The work my team and I will do here will change our understanding of physics, will bring about advancements in power, advancements in medicine, and trust me that future will be here faster than you think." says Dr. Wells. Soon everyone is cheering again, so load I almost didn't hear Iris scream.

"Ow! Hey, my laptop! It's got my dissertation." That's when I see Barry running, full speed. I look at Iris with panic in both our eyes. Without saying anything we ran after them. 

We fine Barry catching his breath. with his hand resting on a nearby concrete wall.

"Barry!" I yell. I ran closer seeing his nose bleeding. A cry escaped from me as I looked at him.

"Are you okay?" Iris asked.

"Peachy," he mumbled as he holds his nose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry holds a tissue to his nose. I can't help but feel bad for him. Iris walks toward us and sits down. 

"Who is that guy and what is he so proud of? So what if he caught a mugger," says Iris with a look on her face. I look over Barry, to see what Iris was talking about. After what happened earlier with the whole robbery incident, some cop was able to catch the guy and we made our way back to the police station.

"Heard he transfer from Keystone. He started a few weeks ago." I say. "Eddie Thawne I believe. At least that's what I overheard from the other cops."

"Oh, that's Detective Pretty Boy," says Iris. Barry and I give her a look. "That's what my dad calls him," she says defending herself. "Says he actually keeps score when it comes to the people he arrested." I rolled my eyes.

"He is pretty, though." me and Iris chuckle. Barry rolls his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay in bed looking at my ceiling. Based on the radio the particle accelerator got messed up. That must stink for Dr. Wells. After talking with Barry it makes me start thinking, maybe I should start dating again. Perhaps work up the guts to ask Barry out.

"You know what I just need a walk," I tell myself turning red. He would never agree to date me. I get dress and I head out for a walk around the city. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, but when I looked up I found myself a few blocks away from the police station. That's when the unexpected happen...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 473 20
When Barry Allen returned from the speedforce, a lot had changed..... His feelings for Iris were still there , but not like before.. and when Iris t...
5.6K 79 31
It has been six months since Savitar and Caitlin had gotten together; six months since the West-Allen wedding. Everything seems to be normal, but no...
130K 2.5K 23
Sequel to "Who is Sebastian Smythe?" Barry Allen has had a rather complicated life so far. but what happens when old high school friends and acquaint...
11.2K 401 22
After Iris goes missing, Team Flash work around the clock to locate her. Barry stops responding to Kara's message and the Kryptonian grows worried. S...