All We Are

Galing kay writerERyan

Enya Morgan is a stressed out work-a-holic with little to-no scratch that zero interest for love...or at leas... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
Author's Note.
Hunger
Big Leaps
Bigger leaps.
Quality time
Making it public
Tabloids and Family
Romance
Stolen
Uneasy
runaway
what happens in vegas
clearing things up
Elopement
Mr. and Mrs.
Last Day.
Honeymoon.
Home.
It's Our Party.
Wake Me Up.
Coming To.
Nightmares
Epilogue
Preview of All We Were (Book Two in the Morgan Series)

Too Much.

1.4K 85 7
Galing kay writerERyan

Enya cried the entire way to the store, she cried when she paid for the box that held two tests, and she wasn't finished when they made it to Sonja's apartment.

Sonja had remained quiet, supportive, but quiet. She ushered Enya into her place and made her sit.

After Sonja had made them tea and sat down herself, she finally opened her mouth. "Are you ready to find out?"

Enya could only shake her head no. She wasn't ready, everything that had been happening and then Cato's reaction to Amanda was just too much for her. She didn't want to add that ontop of everything.

"Okay, but just remember even if you don't right now, you're eventually going to out. The Enya I know wouldn't hide from the truth. She'd face it and figure it out." Sonja said setting her cup down and getting up.

"Enya, I'm going to be here for you whatever the answer. You're my best friend, just don't hide because you don't want to face Cato if you are pregnant. Not because he offended you. He might not have meant to and he should know about this. Good night En." She turned and walked to her room.

Enya sat there in silence, thinking of what to do. Right now she wanted to hide. She didn't want to face the possibility that she might be pregnant, and deep down, she didn't want to ask if Cato still had feelings for Amanda.

That's really what she was hurt by if she admitted to herself. She could handle finding out that she was pregnant, she was a grown woman who knew risks like that were involved every time you had sex.

She couldn't handle knowing that the only love of her life still had feelings for his ex. Her ego and her heart would never recover.

Steadying herself, she got out a blanket and pillow from Sonja's closet. Everything could wait, she laid down and cried herself to sleep.

*******
The next morning Enya jumped off the couch and ran straight for the bathroom.

Moments later she returned, flushed and obviously not feeling well. The smell of bacon still in the air was enough to turn her stomach again.

"Sorry Enya, I didn't realize until--" Sonja said apologetically.

"You're fine Son, how were to know anyway? Really it's your house and you're hungry." She said throwing her hair up into a bun.

Sonja offered breakfast but Enya turned it down, still roiling at the thought of food. "Son, is it okay if I shower and borrow some clothes? I want to try and get in to see my doctor today and I definitely don't want to go looking like this."

"Sure thing, but you have to do me a favor." Sonja said finishing her food.

"Okay?" Enya said warily. She knew her friend.

"Go pee on that damn test because you're killing me." She said placing her dish in the sink.

"Damn it Son, can't you just let me live in denial a while longer?" She said pleading, praying her stubborn friend would not make her do this.

"Nope. Get your ass in there and pee." She said crossing her arms.

"Fine but if I punch you afterwards, it's your fault." She stalking off, test in hand.

******
"God this has been the longest three fucking minutes of my life Sonja!" She said pacing around the room.

"Alright time's up! Let's go check your pee stick!" Sonja said running to the bathroom.

Both women made it to the bathroom, Sonja opening the door, Enya couldn't do this. She felt like she was going to faint.

"Ready?" Sonja asked blocking Enya's view of the test.

"I guess I have to be." Enya said fidgeting.

Sonja stepped away and turned, Enya's eyes went straight for the test, there was her answer. The two pink lines told her everything she needed to know. She abruptly turned and walked straight to the kitchen.

******

Enya hated doctor's offices. She despised being at them. It was always so cold, so sterile. She felt like she was a big specimen for them to watch.

She also hated not being listened to, that was always the main problem. If she had concerns, she hated being brushed and rushed off.

Dr. Segal wasn't like that though and was precisely why she'd chosen him as a gynecologist.

"Hey Enya," he said with his big, bright smile,"so what brings you to my neck of the woods?" He said flipping open her chart.

"Ah, so you're going to be a mama." He said taking his pen out of his pocket, clicking it open and jotting something down.

Usually she enjoyed how chipper of a person he was but today was not the day. "I see. I just want to know how considering I have an IUD in place to prevent this."

He smiled reassuringly, "Welp, we're going to find out and then discuss your options, go ahead and lie down for me."

After the exam, Dr. Segal explained that the IUD had dislodged itself and that was how she ended up pregnant. He said based on her last cycle, she was probably around five weeks along but that he wouldn't be sure until an ultrasound was done a little later into the pregnancy. He then mentioned the possibility of terminating but Enya declined rather quickly.

She left his office with the answers she'd been looking for, a new mother's packet and an appointment for an ultrasound in three weeks.

The next two days went by in a blur, she'd tried to work through the nausea but she couldn't. She left for the hotel she'd been staying at to go rest.

Cato had called numerous times, voice mails and texts clogged her screen. She just couldn't bring herself to call him.

She stepped off the elevator and immediately spotted him. He was frantically walking towards the elevator when he spotted her too.
He looked ragged, his unshaven face haggard from no sleep. Relief flooded his eyes at that moment.

She wanted to close the elevator door and hide from him. She wanted to but didn't. Instead, she stepped out and walked towards him.

"Enya, thank God. You're alright, no call, no text." He began.

"Yes I'm okay. I'm fine. I need to talk to you." She said seriously.

Cato nodded and followed her outside. He tried to take her hand but she moved it. She didn't want to feel his touch, she couldn't. He looked hurt but shook it off.

They got into the car and began driving towards the hotel. "Can you take us to our house?" He asked the driver, who nodded and began heading in that direction.

They sat there in uncomfortable silence, Enya trying to build the courage to tell him and to get the answers she needed.

Each second that passed, the more angry Cato appeared to be, worry had all but disappeared from his face when they pulled up to their place.

Once inside he exploded. "Did you not think?! Couldn't you have least called me and said you were okay? For God's sake Enya! You disappear right after someone breaks into your old apartment. Here I thought, great she's mad but I'll make it right to her when she comes--"

"Cato, I'm---" she said looking down

"Oh no you don't! I get to yell! I'm not finished. Three damned days you were gone, alive and well, and you didn't think that maybe I'd worry myself to death--"

"Cato I'm pregnant." She said loudly.

He paused, dumbstruck by what she'd said. He stood there, just taking in the news.

"I'm pregnant and I'm keeping it. I didn't call because I've been trying to figure out how to tell you. I know that you still have feelings for Amanda so if you'd--"
"Don't. Don't even mention her name. I've told you before, I feel nothing for her. I'm in love with you. It's you who keeps looking for ways to gear us apart. I'm in love with you and will always be in love with you. If you're mad because of what I told Welsh, I promise it wasn't because I love her." She said walking closer to her.

"Promise me, because I can't do this if it's not real between us." She said on the verge of tears.

"I promise Fire Cracker. You'll never have to worry about her as far as I'm concerned. You're my everything." He said wrapping his arms around her.

They stood there for what seemed like hours before she finally said, "Cato, I'm fucking pregnant."

"Yes, I figured that out the first time you said it. You know what? I thought I'd be scared. I'm not, I'm amazed that you're growing a human. Our baby, our baby is inside of you. It makes me love you even more. When you said that you were keeping it, I knew right then that we were going to figure this out."

"Doesn't this all seem like too much? The break-ins, the wedding, planning the reception, Amanda, and now a baby?" She said looking up at him with worry.

He smiled and kissed her forehead, "We're going to get through all of this. I have faith. I love you Enya and I'll prove to you everyday this is all going to be worth it."

He lifted her up and carried her to their bedroom.

"That was pretty convincing Slick" she said as they lay there, limbs entangled.

"I tried my best Mrs. Slade." He said tracing light circles on her stomach. A moment later he placed his whole hand on her abdomen. "I still can't believe there's a baby in there."

"Oh yeah, well believe it. Trust me, I've spent everyday since I found out puking my guts up. There's a little person in there giving me hell."

Cato wasn't listening to her though, he went back to tracing circles and looking at her stomach with adoration.

The love that was so clearly etched in his eyes made her fall for him all over again.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.4K 72 14
Ally Anderson has the best life a girl could ask for. Good friends, a close family and her dream course. Everything's perfect-until it isn't. After d...
15.3M 544K 68
Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been battling a lot of issues all her life. She...
408K 6.4K 12
[On Amazon] Do you remember your safe word?" she asks. "Yes," I mutter. "Say it." "Cross." She takes a deep breath and exhales. "Your only...
226K 12.6K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...