All We Are

By writerERyan

Enya Morgan is a stressed out work-a-holic with little to-no scratch that zero interest for love...or at leas... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
Author's Note.
Hunger
Big Leaps
Bigger leaps.
Quality time
Making it public
Tabloids and Family
Romance
Stolen
Uneasy
what happens in vegas
clearing things up
Elopement
Mr. and Mrs.
Last Day.
Honeymoon.
Home.
Too Much.
It's Our Party.
Wake Me Up.
Coming To.
Nightmares
Epilogue
Preview of All We Were (Book Two in the Morgan Series)

runaway

1.6K 81 9
By writerERyan

After stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around her body, her phone began ringing. "Hello weirdo, what are you up to and why are you calling?"

"Listen here, you're the weirdo. Anyway, I called because neither Chyanne or myself have forgotten that we were promised a certain Vegas trip. So you can either do this the easy way or the hard way En, choice is yours." Sprig said half joking-half serious.

"Mmhm, usually I love to annoy the piss out of you and take the hard way but I could definitely use some sister time. Im gonna get dressed and pack, I'll probably grab the quickest flight out that I can and hopefully be there in the morning. Your asses better be at the airport waiting so we can head out and be on our way to Vegas. I'll text before we take flight and again when I land. I love you and I'll see you soon!" She said hanging up. Her phone screen alerted her to unread texts, one from Sprig and about fifteen from Cato. She ignored them.

In less than an hour she'd packed and was already at the airport getting ready to purchase her ticket when her phone pinged again. "Fat chance I'm checking it buddy." She mumbled under breath. She dug out her phone and shut it off.

After paying for her ticket, she turned it back on and called her sister. She made it quick and then hung up and turned it back off. Two minutes later they were calling for passengers to her flight.

*******

Six hours later the plane landed in Phoenix. She grabbed her bag and made her way of.the plane with everyone else.

She turned her phone on again and called her sister, "Yo where are you guys? Oh okah I see you guys now." She said waving across the crowded walkway.

Sprig was the first to see her, much like Enya she sported long red hair. Hers was a much deeper red and naturally straight. She was much shorter and had hazel eyes. Where Enya was pale, she was olive toned. Their sister Chyanne stood next to her, the tallest of the three sisters. She was much younger than Enya and Sprig. Chyanne also had red hair but hers was the darkest, almost a burgundy and her eye color matched her hair.

Smiling and coming in for a hug, "Hey babes! You guys are looking gorgeous! Did you guys already biy your tickets?"

"Yeah we went ahead and purchased yours too that way we could all sit together in first class. We have way too much catching up to do to split up on a plane." Chyanne said handing Enya her ticket.

"Sweet deal, what do you say we grab something quick to eat and then we blow this joint?" Enya said eyeing the bar they were standing next to.

"Sure thing, we grabbed a drink waiting on your ass to get here." Sprig laughed.

"Drunks." Enya scoffed playfully which sent all three of them into laughter. "God I missed this."

"Yeah well, you were busy being a yankee." Chyanne jested

Poking her sister in the gut Sprig rounded, "Actually she's been busy doing a yankee."

Enya winced, finally remembering Cato. Her sisters caught it and they stared at eachother for a moment. "Alright, alright. I'll frigging tell you. Just quit subconciously asking what the hell happened. " Enya said impatiently.

She lead them to the bar and ordered a shot of Jack Daniels. After downing the burning liquid, she sighed and told her story. Her sisters sat paitently listening until she finished. "And that bitch had the nerve to show up at my work after she'd already had lunch with Cato." She said recalling Amanda showing up.

"She sounds like a major bitch indeed." Sprig said stirring her appletini.

"How you managed not to.kick.her ass is beyond me." Chyanne said.taking a sip of her long island iced tea.

"True. The thought crossed my mind after I found out that she'd seen Cato and she is very much married." Enya almost pouted.

"Okay but just because she's a sleazebag doesn't mean Cato was getting it on woth her recently. Dont be mad at him because of her. Text him and tell him you're with us because we should be leaving right now." Sprig said finishing up her drink. Chyanne nodded in agreement.

"Okay, tabs on me girls." Enya got up and paid for their drinks. She got her phone and sent Cato a quick text hey, sorry I havent answered. Been on a plane, visiting my sisters. Ill be back in a couple days xoxo

Her phone immediately went off, thank god u r okay. Have fun Fire Cracker. We'll talk when you come home. Wish I could kiss u always Cato.

Sighing she caught up to her sisters. It wasnt long until they were all seated on the plane amd sharing stories of their lives.

"The green house was so wet for lile three days after that fiasco! Its a wonder my plants didnt die. I seriously could have killed her. She's lucky she was new." Sprig said laughing at her story.

"Cant be half as bad as the damn chef I just hired. Kid looks like he's lost most of the time. Makes me anxious to open another restaurant. He almost chopped his finger off!" Chyanne said absently tossing her hair up into a messy bun.

"Probably so nervous cause he wants to put his D in your V." Enya said laughing when Chyanne blushed. "Ah-ha. Knew you had the hots for him."

The rest of the flight their conversation drifted between work, men and their mom. It wasnt very long until they landed in Vegas. The sun was just beginning to set when they got off the plane. They decided to try and rent a room at the Luxor. Everyone wanted to pitch in but Enya wouldnt have it. Eventually she won amd bought a private suite that housed a sit in area and three beds. The view was amazing.

Once they were settled and changed they decided bar hopping would be the best choice for them.

They went to the Griffin first and drank a couple shots. All decided the vibe there wasnt for them so they walked to The Garage, which is basically what the name entailed. Everything was car themed. Parts hung around the dimly lit room, low music played. While it was cool it was definitely not what they'd been looking for so they quickly moved on.

They'd stumbled apon TAO. There was music playing everywhere inside. This was where they needed to be. All them lined up and the doorman immediately called pit to them. He let them in ahead of people.

"Guess he thinks we're hot!" Chyanne yelled ober the music.

"Must be! Let's grab another drink and then vet our asses on the dance floor!" Enya said pulling them to the counter. They all ordered a round of tequila and down it.

Soon a new sound of music began playing, it's heavy thumping of the bass mixed with the lighter sounds. It screamed rave music and ot was just what Enya needed. She lost herself in the crowd, bodies mashing against each other not caring about who they danced with.
She had tried to stay near her sisters but eventuslly lost them. She'd shrugged it off and continued to dance. She'd been lucky and mostly women had danced against her but her lucked changed when the DJ decided to play Talking Bodies.

At first she hadnt paid attention to the guy that had slid in behind her. Then he started getting more courageous and placed his hands on her hips, trying to obviously grind against her. She turned and tried to shake him but he wasnt going to take no for an answer.

She gave up on trying to dance and made her way back to the bar. She had jusy ordered another round when Hot Hands slid up to the counter next to her. He had dark eyes and was tanned and a little slimmer than Cato. Under usual circumstances Enya wpuld have played his game but not now. Not after Cato. She doubted anyone cpuld make her feel the way Cato did.

"Not interested bud. Go find a ditzy blonde to boink." She said trying to fend him off.

It was quite obvious now that he'd had too much to drink. Slurring his words, "I don dig blondes, they-urrr not my type."

"God, listen you need to go home and sleep off the booze. Im taken. Not interested. Buzz off." She said hiking her thumb towards the dance floor.

"Come on-er red. Gimme er kiss. Yourrrr so sexy." He said trying to lean down.

Enya pushed him away, disgusted she left the counter in search of her sisters. It was time to leave. Hot Hands decided to grab her by the arm, spinning her and planted a sloppy kiss on her lips. Enya reacted in the only way she could. She countered his hand grab and flipped his ass to the floor.

Everyone in the area looked and the bouncers came to.collect him from the ground. They also asked Enya to leave and she quietly obliged. Her sisters finally catching up to her.

"Sorry girls, I got kicked out for protecting myself from a guy who couldnt understand what no meant. " she said running her hand through her hair.

"We're coming with, lets just get back to the hotel and order in. Sleep off the funk and take on tomorrow with brighter minds." Sprig said looping her arms with both Enya's and Chyanne's.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Im starving anyway. Beating someone's ass will do.that too a girl."

They'd all changed into pajamas and were watching tv when room service was delivered. Enya didn't talk much, just plowed through her meal and told her sisters that jet lag was catching up to.her.

She went to her room and laid down. Didnt take long for her to drift into a bothersome sleep. It was all needed to finish off a crappy day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 12.6K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...
150K 24.8K 102
Stuck in desperate times, Tiwalola Bamidele is in need of a job to support her single father of four. In the process of her job searching, she met th...
149K 3.9K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
58.2K 1.6K 63
In a world full of darkness love has no place nor no strength of survival. A Girl with a dark past and A ruthless mafia boss; two worlds come crashin...