Grayson: a Nightwing Fanficti...

By trulymarvelous

"...how do you get through all the violence, all the trauma you see?" "...I think about the ones I love." Bro... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Two

5.7K 241 209
By trulymarvelous

Brooklyn's Point of View

"Wake up sweetheart," Karen said, "It's time for your first day of school!"

I raised my pointer finger in the air and twirled it around, "Whoop-dee-frickin-doo!"

"Hey, be grateful that you get to go to Gotham. Someone paid a lot of money for you to go there."

"Who though?" I asked, sitting up out of my bed, "It wasn't you or my parents. You don't even know who did it!"

I'm going to use my new computer to find out who's letting me go to this crazy expensive school. It's 7:15? Crap, I don't have time. I will this afternoon.

I pulled out a pen and wrote on my wrist "find man". I slipped on a bra, my uniform, and brushed out my dark brown hair. I put on some mascara and my shoes in front of the mirror. I stood up and stared at myself once more.

I ran downstairs and grabbed a slice of breakfast pizza and my backpack. Karen was holding up a letter at the table, "It says your carpool will pick you up every morning at 7:20 and your school guide today will be a fellow named Dick Grayson."

"Great, great, thanks Karen!" I said as I rushed towards the door, "What time is it?"

I heard a honk outside and my question was answered. "Bye honey, have a great day!"

I closed the door and walked over to a sleek, black SUV. I opened the door and sitting there was a tall, strong looking boy with slightly shaggy raven colored hair. His uniform was tight against his body, as if he was wearing a size too small. I gulped as I hopped in the car.

Act normal. Just be Brooklyn. Be yourself.

"Hey there, I'm Brook -- " I was cut short by the boy.

"Brooklyn Wilson? I know," he rolled his eyes.

"Yeesh, okay well I'm getting a vibe that you're Dick -- "

"Yes, I'm Dick Grayson," he muttered and interrupted again.

"Hey," I said sternly as his eyes widened towards me, "I've got to admit, you're raining on my parade a little."

He scratched the back of his head and moved his gaze away from mine. I sighed and looked out the window once more. This time, the buildings said a slow hello and goodbye as they passed by me. Time seemed to move a million times slower than it did yesterday. I turned back to look at Dick, who was looking at me. I looked at him and he turned his head, burying his face in his hands.

Well, this is going to be an interesting day.

Dick's Point of View

"Can I see your schedule?" I muttered as we walked into the building.

She handed me a slip of paper and I turned it over. She had the same lunch, same computer tech class, and same study hall as me. She was taking classes that had to do with mostly computers and theater.

What are you doing taking all those tech courses? What do you have up your sleeve, Wilson?

"I like theater, but I really like computers," she said to me as we headed to Computer Tech, "You were making wide eyes at my paper. It's my specialty, Grayson."

Did she just call me by my last name?

I tried to hide a smile as I opened the door for her and she smiled back, "Thank you, good sir!"

We both sat down at a partner table near the back and she pulled out her computer. She plugged it into an outlet beside us with a cord wrapped in blue tape. I watched her arm move down and saw she had written "find man" on her wrist.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, "What man are you trying to find?"

"Oh, now you're talking in full sentences?" she grinned, "I'm trying to find the dude that paid for me to be here."

"You don't know?"

"Surprisingly, no. But, it won't be any trouble for me to find out who," she said as she patted her computer.

I stifled a chuckle but it was still heard. She blushed and continued to work away.

"Okay, now to look at my school ID, who made out the payment, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da..." she said, "Oh boo. It won't let me look at it. One second."

I realized she was speaking to me and that I was watching her intently. I wanted to see if she was actually going to hack into the system.

She reached into her bag and pulled out a green USB plug with a smiley face on it. She jammed it into the port and my eyes widened.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhh," she said as she put a finger to my mouth, "Working. I'm working."

Brooklyn turned back to her computer and began to click and type away. Soon enough, she could look at who paid and she clicked on the link. Both our mouths dropped when the name came up. "No frickin way," she gasped, "Bruce Wayne."

I scratched the back of my head nervously as she searched up his name. As she was looking at things about him, she stumbled across my name on the screen. Her eyes darted towards mine. "You're his son? Why didn't you tell me this? Did you know? No wonder the SUV was so nice... But did you know?"

"No, Wilson, I had no idea! He didn't tell me who you were or anything, I swear."

"How peculiar," she mumbled, "Why would Bruce Wayne pay for me to go to school here and set me up with his cute son?"

My eyes grew big and she frantically realized what she said, "I didn't mean 'set me up' or 'cute son'! I mean put me on a tour with. Well, maybe I meant 'cute', I don't know, stop staring at me!"

The corners of my mouth curled and I turned towards the front of the room.

I need to ask Bruce why he paid for her tuition, for Brooklyn's sake. Maybe today won't be so bad after all.

--

Usually CT class takes forever, but it seemed to go by faster with Brooklyn sitting there next to me. She's surprisingly amazing with computers. We both already knew everything the teacher was showing us.

Maybe we'll sit together tomorrow too.

As we walked out of the room, we passed vending machine with our school colors on it. Brooklyn grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the machine. Her eyes were sparkling and her mouth was open.

"No way," she scoffed, "You guys have ice cream in your vending machines?"

I wrinkled my forehead at her with confusion, "Yeah, we've always had ice cream."

She swung her head towards me and placed her hands on her hips, "My old school was healthy trash! We never had ice cream or basically anything good to eat. Ice cream is my favorite thing in the whole entire world. Except computers, and Karen, oh, and comedy television shows..."

She rambled on as I slipped a dollar into the machine, "Pick a flavor."

She flashed me a huge smile and pushed in a number on the key pad. A small tub of vanilla ice cream rolled out and fell into the slot, where she plucked it out eagerly.

"You can't go wrong with vanilla!" she goofily grinned and plucked the wooden spoon off the lid, "Thanks, Grayson, I owe you a solid."

"A solid?" I smirked, "What? Are you from the eighties or something?"

Her eyes widened as she smiled at me, her mouth full of vanilla cream. "Did you just make comeback joke? About eighties slang?" she gasped, "I like this Dick Grayson a lot more than the one in the car this morning."

"Yeah," I agreed looking down at my shoes, "He was kind of a loser."

I could feel Brooklyn radiating a grin as we walked up the main stairs to the our next class. The sound of our steps moved in sync as we made it to the top. We passed two lower class-men who were talking extremely loud.

"Dude, who's better, Nightwing or Batman?"

"Aw, come on, don't make me pick!"

I grinned and turned to Brooklyn as we walked in the classroom door. "Hey Wilson, who's better? Batman or Nightwing?"

She sat down at a desk, thoughtfully licking ice cream off her spoon. "Hmmm," she hummed, "Batman is pretty cool. He's all dark and mysterious. But, I do like Nightwing's style though. He's flexible, both mentally and physically. I think it's kind of stupid when people call him a sidekick. He's not Robin anymore."

"Right?" I agreed almost too quickly, "I mean, yeah. I think it's dumb too."

"So, I guess I'd go with Nightwing. He is pretty badass."

Hey, I hope you guys liked that part. I kind of want Brooklyn's character to reflect myself and how I wish I could be. I thought it would be a cool change of pace to try out. Let me know what you think! Please vote and comment, and perhaps recommend to your friends :-) Xoxo, trulymarvelous

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 790 43
Y/n L/n grew up in Boston Massachusetts and she lived with her single father until she had proudly turned 18. Her father had came up with a extremely...
606 11 11
Cathleen was only five when it happened, when her parents died before her eyes. That night started out amazing, she had dinner with them and they wen...
9.4K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...
1.5K 81 45
Young Grace Hunter finds herself in trouble when she decides to write a book about all the superheroes and villains of the Justice League and Marvel...