Winter Wolf

By AmazeGreenie

-Book One in the Winter Wolf Series- Amelia Winters had a normal life. Parents who loved her, a home, friend... More

RavenHills: Chap 1
First Day at Raven High: Chap 2
Full Moon Party: Chap 3
Confusion: Chap 4
Who Are You Really: Chap 5
Training: Chap 6
Bitten: Chap 7
Lunar Eclipse: Chap 9
Gasoline Really?: Chap 10
Vampire King: Chap 11
Lots of Fire and Melting Ice: Chap 12
Family Reunion: Chap 13
Control: Chap 14
Ressurection: Chap 15
Guilt and Redemption: Chap 16
When the Darkness Seeps In: Chap 17
Cracking Bones and Breaking Hearts: Chap 18
Yin and Yang: Chap 19
The Battle on the Horizon: Chap 20
Ceremony of the Dead: Chap 21

Football Match: Chap 8

86 3 1
By AmazeGreenie

Sebastian's POV

A week had gone by since the vampire battle in Dirty Paw territory. I kept a close eye on Amelia but kept my distance at the same time. She seemed okay since she returned, hanging out with her normal crowd of people. I watched her sit with Megan and the others at their usual cafeteria table. "It's getting quite creepy the way you keep watching her." Said Quinn devouring his sandwich.

I quickly looked away and trained my eyes on him. "Look you agreed that you would help me protect her and last time I wasn't watching her she got bitten by those blood sucking freaks." Quinn sighed at my words. 

"There's a football game this Friday." He said changing the subject.

"I know." Quinn gave me the 'really' look. 

"It's great to know that you know that there's a game Friday but if you came to the pack house last night you could have known that's there's a lunar eclipse that night." my eyes widened. 

"A lunar eclipse?" Quinn nodded taking another bite of his sandwich, "What will that do to us?"

He shrugged. "The alpha doesn't know either." My eyes shot back to Amelia's lunch table but it was empty. Panic kicked in and I stood up. "Woah there horsey, relax." Said Quinn nodding his head towards the cafe doors. 

"Thanks, I'll see you at practice tonight."

"It's okay Quinn will stay here and enjoy his sandwich." He mumbled under his breath. 

"Heard that."

"You were meant to." I rolled my eyes and walked out of the cafe following Amelia's scent. 

"Hey Bash!" I turned around and saw Ally coming towards me. Oh God. "Hey." she said again.

"So I was wondering," Oh here we go, "well, you know, the Fire and Ice dance is coming up soon and I was wondering if you would maybe want to go with me?" What did she say? 

"Um yeah sure." With that I walked away. Wait did I just-? Oh Goddess I did.

Whatever I'll make an excuse up later. I followed her scent to her locker where I kept a safe distance. She was laughing at something Megan had said. She looked beautiful when she tilted her head back laughing. I turned on my super hearing a tuned into their conversation for, you know, important reasons.

"Does he follow you around everywhere?" Asked Megan. 

"Yeah I think he just wants to keep an eye on me." Megan glanced at me. Oh gosh they're talking about me. 

"You mean the guy you haven't had a real conversation with?" She placed a book her locker and sighed.

"He doesn't like me very much." That's where you are so wrong Angel, "He's just doing what he was told to do." 

"Werewolves." Megan said rolling her eyes, "You should go talk to him."

Amelia shook her head. "No thanks. Last time I talked to him he jumped out my window in pure terror." I sighed. 

"The only reason I jumped out my window is because you scare me, in the good kind of way." I whispered.

"You sound like a love sick puppy." Said Mia crossing her arms over her chest. 

"You aren't the first one to say that." Mia leaned against the lockers and eyed Amelia carefully. 

"I mean she's pretty but she doesn't seem like your type, considering the fact that she's just like Trina and we all know how that turned out." I snarled and pushed her into the lockers. The sound of bending metal filled my ears.

"Don't you Ever, say that to me again." I pushed myself off of her and turned to see everyone was looking at me, including Amelia. 

"Bash your eyes." I closed my eyes tightly and heard the ringing I was familiar to before I shifted. I lowered my head and turned around.

"Sebastian!" Someone grabbed my arm and I tensed whipping around to stare into beautiful sea green eyes. The ringing stopped and I stared at her angel-like face. "Hey, are you alright?" I nodded my head. 

"I- my temper was just getting the best of me." She nodded understanding.

"Do you want to get some fresh air? That might help. There's only ten minutes left of lunch." She said and I felt my heart leap into my throat. 

"Yeah, um sure. Let's go."

We walked outside and the cold October air hit me in the face. I inhaled deeply, loving the wet fall scent. "Are you excited about the last football game?" I nodded shoving my hands into my pockets. "I can't believe the seasons over. It all went by too quickly, soon it'll be snowing, like all the time." She shivered. 

"Are you cold?" 

She laughed, "Yeah. I unfortunately haven't gained the werewolf immunity to the cold yet."

"Here." I took off my sweater and handed it to her, "Wolf heat comes in handy sometimes." 

She smiled, "I'm excited yet scared about my first shift. I've been told it's pretty painful." Her teeth began chattering and she rubbed her hands together. 

"It is quite uncomfortable but once you relax and stop fighting, it becomes natural, it becomes a part of who you are."

She looked at me with some sort of awe before she smiled. "I think this is the first conversation where you haven't run away from me." I chuckled running a hand through my hair. 

"Don't get your hopes up too high." I couldn't stop staring at her, she was just so beautiful, so mesmerizing. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Like what?" I said as I started walking again. I turned my head to look at her and she pointed at me. 

"Like that!" I smiled and motioned my head towards the school. 

"We should probably get back." Her eyes were filled with disappointment but she quickly smiled and turned back towards the school. "I'll see you in English."

With that she walked off still wearing my sweater, that looked so good on her. Not that I would admit it out loud and to her face. "Oh no, I know that look." Said Tyler eyeballing me. "Oh boy, you've got it bad." Tyler dramatically held his fist to his mouth sucking in a breath, "I'm afraid you're a goner." I shoved his shoulder making him laugh.

The bell rang and I punched his shoulder. "Get to class." He raised his hands up in submission. 

"Later bro." I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. Better get to class, I don't need to flunk high school too, along with everything else going on.

~

I practically sprinted to English class knowing Amelia would be there. I sat down in my desk getting the stink eye from Mr. Simpson. I bounced my leg up and down while I watched the door. When the bell rang Mr. Simpson started taking attendance. Where is she?

My foot started bouncing faster as three minutes past. She's never been this late to class before. I turned on my super hearing to try and find her voice among the flooding student population. I heard many voices but hers was not there. I stood up catching Mr. Simpsons attention.

"Sit down, Mr. Peters." I walked away from my desk and to the door. "I would think about what you're doing. I don't think that coach would be happy about you having to miss the final game." I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't give up my last game. Coach would never let me play or ever be captain again.

But Amelia is more important. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Steven asking if he had seen Amelia. But I then caught her scent and my whole body melted as I watched her delicate figure come down the hallway. I smiled at her once she caught my eye.

I sat back down in my seat and watched her walk in slowly. "Good choice Peters." Said Quinn hitting my shoulder. She handed Mr. Simpson a note and walked to her seat quietly glancing in my direction. 'Are you okay?' I mouthed at her. She nodded and buried herself deeper into my sweater.

Quinn looked at my sweater and held a look of disgust. I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes. Mr. Simpson began the lesson on the board about formal essay writing. I tried to keep my head forward but I could keep my eyes off of the girl who was wearing my sweater. I looked back at the board and from the corner of my eye I saw her bring her arm to her nose. She was inhaling my scent... I shivered with a weird sort of pleasure.

"Sebastian?" My eyes shot to Mr. Simpson at the front of the board. "Can you tell me what comes after direct proof?" Oh I know this one. 

"Parenthetical documentation." I answered getting the stink eye from Mr. Almighty, my teacher himself. Quinn gave me the thumbs up while Amelia began doodling in her notebook.

I found it cute that she doodled in every single one of her notebooks. She pushed her hair away from her face and turned to look at me. Her eyes were so beautiful. She gave me the 'what' look and my mouth opened before I quickly shut it again. I shook my head and turned back to my book.

What am I doing? I was betraying her and her family, even though I wanted to protect her.

Amelia's POV

Why does he keep looking at me like that? Is it some sort of werewolf thing? The bell rang and Sebastian jumped from his seat quickly and bolted out of the room like it was on fire or something. I sighed gathering my books.

"Amelia?" I stopped and turned to Mr. Simpson. 

"Yes?" He gave me a smile and held out my last three projects. 

"I marked each one of the assignments. You're a very talented writer." I smiled and took them from him. 

"Thank you." I turned and walked back to the door. 

"And Amelia," I turned my head to face him. "If you need help I'm always here." I smiled and walked out of the classroom and slowly to my locker.

I did my combination and pulled out my backpack before I held my wrist to my nose. I know it's kind of creepy but Sebastian smells amazing and I couldn't get enough of it. I inhaled deeply and continued to pack my bag before I look in the mirror. The dark bags under my eyes were getting darker. It made sense because I barely slept at night.

I looked through the mirror to see Sebastian was walking down the hall. I pretended I didn't see him and fixed my hair. I turned around giving him a smile. "Hey." I said but I got no reply, "So I was wondering if maybe you wanted to grab dinner with us after the game this Friday."

His eyes gleamed for a second with happiness but it quickly shifted to anger. "Why would I want to go anywhere with you?" I swallowed. 

"I-I um..." He rolled his eyes. 

"I'm here for my sweater." I put my backpack on the ground and pulled it over my head but my t-shift was taken along with it.

I heard him suck in a breath before he helped it over my head. His fingers grazed my bare skin and I heard him curse. "Sorry." I said quietly. He was breathing heavily and his eyes were glowing. 

"Stay the hell away from me." and with that he walked off carrying his sweater in his hands.

He was so nice at lunch time, did I do something? I pushed my hair out of my face and locked my locker before picking up my backpack. I looked at the clock and frowned, I missed my bus. Both of my parents were working tonight so I was going to have to walk to the hospital to get a ride home from my grandmother. I opened the door and shivered.

My coat was not thick enough and the sun was hidden behind tons of grey clouds. It was going to rain or snow, and it wasn't going to be nice warm summer rain, it was going to be give you hypothermia cold rain. Stupid Sebastian for making me miss my bus. I pulled the hood of my spring jacket over my head and walked down the school steps. This was going to be a long walk.

I was at Quinn's fathers bookstore when it began poring. I jumped into the shop making the door chime. I ran my fingers through my hair and heaved out a frustrated breath, as it was a tangled wet mess. "Who let the drowned cat in?" Said Quinn's father with a laugh. "Did you like the book I gave you?" He asked while he wiped the counter.

"I haven't had the chance to crack it open yet, but I know you were trying to send me a message about what my family is and what I am." He stopped wiping and removed his glasses. 

"So you know?" I nodded at his question. 

"Is okay if I chill in here until the rain subsides a bit?" I asked shrugging my backpack off.

"No problem what so ever. There's a table in the back if you want to work on your homework." He said pointing towards the back. 

"You smell like him." My head turned to a tall women with red hair. Her eyes were a bright orange-brown colour that were absolutely mesmerizing. 

"Amelia this is Lisa, she's one of the specials." Chris said as Lisa continued to stare at me intensely.

"The specials?" I asked. 

"She's a hybrid. Cross between vampire and werewolf. She has the ability to read your thoughts." I tried to rid my mind of all my thoughts about Kaden's naked chest, he too had been on my mind a lot lately.

"Why do you smell like him?" She asked again. 

"Like who?"

"Like Sebastian." my cheeks heated and I avoided eye contact. 

"Do you have something with him? I only borrowed his sweater." She eyed me carefully. She huffed and headed back into the depths of the shelves. I pointed in her direction with my thumb looking at Mr. Manhattan for an answer. He shrugged his shoulders. 

"She's different." Yeah no kidding.

I peered out the window to see that the rain had let up a bit. "I better get going before it starts pouring again." He put his glasses back on while I went to open the door. 

"Do you want a ride to the hospital?" He asked. I shook my head. 

"I can walk, I don't want to trouble you. Have a good day Mr. Manhattan."

I opened the door hearing the quick ding of the door. I still had quite a ways to go before I came anywhere close to the hospital. It was a small town but it certainly didn't feel like it when you were travelling by foot.

~

My grandmother was stuck with a very frustrating patient making her shift ten, no make that eleven minutes late. I chewed at my nails, a bad habit of mine when I became super bored. But I couldn't focus on the quadratics in front of me and this one guy across the room kept staring at me. What are you looking at creep?

"Amelia?" I looked up to see Quinn with a goofy grin on his face. 

"Hey." I said to him as he walked around the chairs and sat down. 

"Don't buy the coffee here, it sucks." He took a sip and his face wrinkled in disgust. 

"Then why do you keep drinking it?" I asked with a laugh.

"Well I did pay for it." He leaned back in the chair and looked at the guy who was staring at me, "What's his deal?" He asked raising a skeptical eyebrow. 

"No idea. What are you doing here?" He hesitated for a moment before he took his eyes off of Mr. Creeper. 

"One of my friends was admitted to the hospital yesterday, he was in a car accident."

"Oh, is he okay?" He nodded looking into his cup. 

"Yeah, just a few broken ribs.... and a broken collarbone." He laughed, "Okay maybe he's not doing that great, but he'll heal." He took another sip of his coffee and grimaced, "Okay I'm so done with this." he reached over me and placed his cup on the table beside me.

He looked into my eyes and blushed. "Sorry." 

I chuckled, "Don't worry about it." It's not like you freely touch people's boobs right? "So the Fire and Ice is coming up." 

I nodded, "Megan told me all about it. I don't think I'm going to go. With everything that's going on, you know?"

He gasped looking sarcastically hurt. "What?! You have to go! It would be social suicide if you didn't go!" I rolled my eyes.

 "Well there's going to be one next year and the year after that, that I can go to. It doesn't have to be this one... Plus I don't have a dress or a date."

"Well you've got the date one covered and last time I checked Megan bought you a beautiful dress that you looked amazing in. All of them are going with their dates, you don't want to miss out." I did have that light blue dress that Megan bought me, but was it formal enough to wear to this dance?

"It's blue so you could go as ice." Quinn suggested. 

"Is this your way of asking me to the dance?" I asked him while the edges of his cheeks tinted pink. 

"Yeah um I guess so." I gave him a smile. 

"I would love to go with you." A goofy smile spread across his face. 

"Alright I'll talk to you later about details. I should probably head back to check on my friend." He stood up from his chair and grabbed his coffee before leaving.

I sighed, my grandmother was officially twenty-three minutes late. I looked over to the table to grab a magazine when I saw it, the most beautiful thing that made my life complete. My phone and ear phones were on the table in good condition. I picked it up and turned it over checking for any damage.

I turned it on a gasped when I saw the background. 'Thought you might need this -AS' is what it read. Who was AS and how the hell did he get my phone?

~

When grandma got off work she drove me and herself back home where my father was worried sick of course. "Why didn't you come home?" I took off my shoes and hung up my drenched spring jacket before I answered him. 

"I was talking to someone and I didn't realize the time. I missed my bus so I went to the hospital."

"So you walked in the pouring rain?" My mom asked as she pulled a roast out of the oven. 

"It wasn't raining that hard and when it did start pouring I jumped inside Mr. Manhattan's bookstore. Where I met some girl named Lisa." My dad's face dropped.

"You met Lisa?" I nodded taking a seat at the counter. 

"Mr. Manhattan told me she was a hybrid, called a special or something." My father rubbed his face with both of his hands. 

"I want you to stay away from her. Next time just call one of us."

"I though you were both busy with family pack business today, that's why I didn't call." I jumped off the stool and helped my grandmother set the table while my mom made a salad. The silence was killing me and I wanted to run somewhere. 

"Dinner's ready." My mom called to my dad.

He had disappeared into his office angrier than usual. He began talking on the phone with an unknown caller ID, the same number he had been talking to the night before and the night before that. What I checked! I like to keep tabs on everyone...

I sat down at the table and began eating. My father still hadn't opened the office door and come out into the light. I wanted to know who he was talking to. Probably some other high mighty alpha. Maybe it was Derek... Then I would be able to check to see how Kaden was.

I placed my dish in the sink and walked upstairs without saying a word. I welcomed the sight of my newly decorated room that was now fully unpacked. I pulled out my math homework and laid it out on the floor making my phone fall out of my backpack.

I had yet to unlock it not really sure what I would find inside my phone. My fingers trembled as I slide the unlock across the screen. I checked my photos first. Nothing was added but I think some photos were missing. I checked my messages next to see that Kaelin and Tom had texted me a trillion times wondering where I had disappeared to.

I opened Kaelin's messages and my heart dropped.

'Well I guess ur busy with ur new friends. miss you Lia. I guess this is goodbye.'

Maybe it was better for us to stay apart. I mean I didn't want to drag her into this werewolf mess. She would be safe back home and go on with her life oblivious to what's around her. As much as it pained me to do it. I told her goodbye.

I wiped the corner of my eye and threw my phone onto the bed. I just lost my best friend. "Amelia!"

"Coming!" I pushed myself to my feet and bounced down the steps to see someone standing in the doorway. 

"Someone's here or you." said my mom giving me a smile. Maybe Sebastian changed his attitude. The figure walked in the door and I gasped before smiling.

I ran into his arms making him laugh. "What are you doing here Kaden?!" He spun me around before placing me on my feet. 

"I missed you. Plus I wanted to make sure you were alright. It took a lot of effort to convince your father and Caine to let me in his territory. Not to mention you still need a personal trainer."

I gave him a smiled and grabbed his hand pulling him upstairs. "Leave the door open!" My father shouted. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into my bedroom. 

"Welcome to my chamber of secrets." He shrugged off his jacket. 

"Oh you're a Harry Potter girl."

"How long are you staying?" I asked. 

"Well right now I'm staying three days but I can stay longer if you want me to." I smiled. 

"I don't want you to miss too much school. Besides what are you going to do while I'm away? Hmm?" He ran a hand through his wet hair a sighed. 

"I'm not sure. Oh um Vanessa and Jordan say hi."

"Well when you return tell them hi and that I miss them." He sat down in the edge of my bed and eyed my math textbook. "Am I interrupting your homework time?"

"Yes, yes you are. But I don't care." I flopped down on the bed next to him and sighed, "My school has a football game going on Friday. You are more than welcome to go with me." He laid down next to me and looked at me with those chocolate eyes. 

"Sure. Mostly because my teams playing yours."

"Wait what?!" I asked pushing myself to my elbows. "That's why I was allowed to come here in the first place, because my schools team is coming anyway. I'll be playing Friday."

"You never told me you were on the football team." he shrugged. 

"It never really came up." I laid back down and stared at the ceiling, "So I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning at five o'clock." Kaden said as he lifted himself off the bed. 

"You're leaving already?" He smirked. 

"Try not to miss me."

"I make no promises." He grabbed his jacket and left me alone in my bedroom. I wonder where he's staying tonight? I looked at the clock and groaned. I need to get my homework done. I was glad Kaden was in the area.

Sebastian's POV

"Nice job Peters." Tyler said slapping my back. I smiled spitting the mud out of my mouth. "Just think, this is our last practice of the season." 

I shook my head. "It's sad." I gave him a quick pout before I ripped off my gear and climbed into the nice hot shower that was waiting for me.

Snap! "Ow!" I yelled making Quinn chuckle. He whipped my bare butt with his towel again making me growl. 

"Easy there, tiger." Quinn said. 

"At least take me out for dinner first." I commented with a smirk.

I ran my hands through my hair, gosh I need a hair cut. "Oh Amelia I love baby but I can't say it to your face. No don't look at me! You might see how I truly feel." I turned around to see Quinn was talking to a mop, completely naked I might add. He began dancing with the mop making Tyler and I burst out laughing. "Oh Sebastian."

"Stop with the girl voice, it's just too sexy." I remarked. Quinn smirked while he continued dancing with the mop. I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. "Oh Sebastian stop it!" I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"That girl voice sends tingles down south." Quinn began making out with the mop and pulled it into the shower.

"What a dork." Tyler commented. 

"He's just Quinn." I pulled a shirt over my head and grabbed my jeans, "Do you want to get milkshakes after Quinn's out of the shower?" 

I nodded. "Sounds like a plan." I hesitated as I grabbed my sweater. I could smell her scent coming from it. The alpha already knew she had returned and I was surprised that he hadn't tried to do something about it.

The pack had doubled in size with about forty members within it. He was biting people left and right creating new inexperienced werewolves who could easily kill someone on accident. An army, that's all it was to him.

"Bash? Earth to Bash?" I blinked a few times and turned my head to focus on Tyler. 

"Sorry what was that?" 

He chuckled, "God you are so out of it." I pulled my sweater over my head and inhaled her scent deeply. Tyler's nose wrinkled up. 

"What?" I asked making him shake his head.

"Let's go get those milkshakes." said Quinn slapping my shoulder. The boys and I walked to the town bakery and ordered three chocolate milkshakes. We sat down at our usual table and began drinking our milkshakes. 

"What do we have here? Hello boys." We all looked up to see Lisa smiling down at us.

"Hey Lisa," Tyler said, "what's the news?" 

Lisa shoved Quinn over and slid down to sit in our booth, "Well the vampire king isn't going to attack, which is good. However the Winter Mountain pack is entering the territory in two days time. The war's about to start boys."

The door to the bakery chimed making all of our heads whip towards the door. Werewolves. "Peters!" One called out. 

"Hey guys." said Nathan, a kid who I had seen in my math class. I recognized the other boy as Dylan, Ally's on and off again boyfriend. 

"Heard you're taking my ex to the Fire and Ice dance. I can't say I'm too happy about that." Dylan stated clenching his jaw firmly. Wow the alpha gave powers to a bunch of lunatics, literally.

"Yeah, she asked me and I said yes. Do you have a problem with that?" I asked with a smirk. Quinn smirked as well taking a long sip from his milkshake. 

"We might want to take this outside." Tyler suggested. 

"That sounds great." I said standing up.

I grabbed Nathan's jacket and I dragged him outside. He tried to fight me but I was a lot stronger than him. I pulled him around the building and into the woods where, if shit went down, no one would know it was us.

"So the alpha gave you the bite. What did he ask in return? For you to be his bitch?" Quinn asked standing behind me. 

The three boys looked at us, Dylan giving me the death glare, "He said there was no catch. He gave us all this power."

I chuckled, "Let me guess. He didn't say anything about the full moon or the hunters or the vampires?"

"He told us." Nathan said crossing his arms. 

"And that wasn't enough to say no?" Tyler asked. 

"No they're just stupid. More pawns to play in the war." Lisa's voice came from the trees. Lisa stepped out catching the boys attention. 

"What war?" Dylan asked finally looking away from me. I was sure him and I were going to have at it over Ally of all fucking people. I rolled my eyes feeling my body temperature rising.

"You know he only made you to be soldiers. There's many packs that are going to join Alpha Caine's pack. You're going to be out numbered." Lisa added, "Its going to be a shame. All these deaths over something so silly, power. Sorry boys I have to get going. I'll keep tabs and report as always." she blew us a kiss and sped off.

"Who's she?" The other boy asked. 

"What's your name rookie?" Tyler asked. 

"Sam." He answered. 

"Welcome to hell boys." I said with a laugh. 

"Back to business Peters. Why are hitting on my girlfriend?!" Dylan spit at me.

"Last time I heard you weren't dating her and like I said before she asked me. Problem?" He cracked his fingers. 

"Yeah I do have a problem and you're it." I chuckled at his remark.

"You can't hurt us, so don't even try. The alpha needs and adores us. How long have you been wolves?" Quinn asked.

They just stared at us. "You'd be surprised how quickly you can be replaced." Dylan snarled. 

"Doubt it." Quinn said with a laugh. Dylan growled as his eyes began to glow. 

"Easy there, don't want your blood to boil too much." Tyler said.

"I bet your ex girlfriend is great in bed, it'll be more fire than ice at the dance. If you know what I'm saying." I said to him. He snapped and his bones cracked as he shifted. His clothes ripped as he fell to all fours. 

"Now things are getting interesting." Quinn eyed him carefully. The were only a few weeks old, you could tell by how slow his shift was.

He growled as he stared at me with bright yellow eyes. "Do you really think you can take us?" I asked taking a step forward. He leaped forward and I dodged it quickly. He skidded across the dirt ground and turned to face me again. The other two stood off to the side staying out of the fight.

Quinn and Tyler shook their heads. Tyler crossed his arms and leaned against a tree, they wouldn't interfere unless they had to. "Dylan stop! You're only going to get yourself hurt." I said but he took another shot snapping his jaw at me. I tried jumping out of the way but I wasn't fast enough. His teeth sunk into the flesh of my arm.

I shoved him off. "Okay I'm starting to get pissed." I ripped off my jacket and let my shift take over. A growl erupted from my chest as I landed on all fours. Dylan looked at me and hesitated. My wolf was much bigger than his and it definitely intimidated him. 'Back down.' I told him. Dylan lowered his head and shifted back into his human form. I shifted as well and Quinn handed me some shorts, "I would start carrying around another pair of shorts, no one wants to stare at your junk."

"Aw it looks like a penis, only smaller." Quinn snorted. 

"It good to be graced with your presence again Lisa." Tyler said with a laugh. Lisa smiled with those full lips while she whipped her red hair over her shoulder. Dylan tried covering up his junk while he walked away. Rookie. 

"I came back because I have some news about lover girl." Lisa said looking at me.

"About Amelia?" 

She nodded, "Wanna talk about it while we walk?" I pulled on my jacket and zipped it up. 

"Yeah, guys I'll catch up with you later."

"Yep we've lost him." Tyler whispered. I rolled my eyes. When we broke the trees she began talking. 

"Some boy was visiting her tonight." 

I almost choked, "A boy?"

"Yeah, he had blondish hair, pretty hot actually." I sighed. Kaden. I was going to take great pleasure in killing him.

"What is the world going to do if you end up being immortal?" I asked. 

"Ha ha. You're welcome. By the way, what was all that about back there? He completely backed down."

"I think it has something to do with my new change." Her eyebrows knitted together, "Oh I spoke with... a source... and she told me that my glowing eyes are a sign of my shift. Apparently I was going to shift on my own. So I'm basically going to go through my first change again and it's going to be just as or even more painful then the first time."

"So you'll be a born wolf, someone who has a mate?" She frowned. 

"Our time together has been amazing Lisa, but I'll probably have a mate and I won't be able to resist being with her." I grabbed her arm, "You'll find somebody else." 

She laughed, "You make it sound like we were dating." She slapped my chest, "Don't kid yourself Peters, I knew we weren't going to last. Especially since you get all hot and bothered because of this girl named Amelia." She smiled. "I better go and you should get home to your parents. See you around. You know how to find me." She walked away in her leather boots that drove all of the male population mad.

I shook my head and shoved my hands in the pockets of my jacket. I sighed watching my breath rise in the air.

Amelia's POV

Friday Morning

"Come on Amelia keep up." Kaden shouted. 

"We've... Been running... For six miles...." He looked back and rolled his eyes. 

"Your point?" I groaned, "Okay we can take a break." Kaden seemed barely winded and it annoyed me. 

I leaned over and put my hands on my knees. "I got a stitch like two meters in." I wiped the sweat off my forehead before he handed me a water bottle. A took a huge sip and handed it back to him, "Did you hear that?" I asked after hearing a stick snap. 

"It's probably a deer or something."

There was another snap and it sounded much closer than the first. "Um Kaden..." He looked into the woods after the third snapping sound. 

"We should get going." I couldn't agree more. We ran back to the house within twenty minutes and I swear I could just die. My lungs were fucking burning inside my chest as I gulped in oxygen. 

I fell to the wet grassy ground and tried to slow my breathing. "You're going to be the death of me." I said closing my eyes, "Once I shift I'm going to be stronger and faster than you and there is nothing you can do about it." 

He sat down next to me. "Keep dreaming there, princess."

"You pumped for the game tonight?" 

He shook his head, "Not really, there's a lunar eclipse tonight." I wiped the hair off my forehead and blocked the rising sun with my hand. 

"So are you going to get like super duper werewolf powers?" 

He shook his head, "A lunar eclipse is when the Earths shadow blocks the moon. Werewolves get their powers from the moon and when it's blocked-"

"You lose your powers." I said finishing his statement, "So you could get seriously hurt and you wouldn't heal." Kaden nodded. 

"Werewolves become targets to Hunters, vampires and whatever else is out there. That's why most wolves try to hide what they are because this happens every so often. Not to mention, that I'm going to play football without my powers for once."

"How long is it going to last?" He rubbed his hair. "I heard that it's going to be for fifteen minutes."

"It's not that long." I said turning to look at him.

He turned to look at me, "It's going to seem like a long time."

~

"Okay so Amelia we will pick you up at your house at four and we'll grab dinner before heading to the game." Megan said forking her salad. 

"I thought we were going for dinner after the game?" She looked at me with her eyebrow raised. 

"The game ends around ten without overtime. You want to wait that long before you eat something?" 

I shook my head with a laugh. "Absolutely not."

"We might go to the bakery for ice cream but other than that we just head home." Violette said taking a bite of her pizza. 

"So we aren't going to the bonfire?" May asked, "But we always go!" 

I looked towards Megan who was aggressively stabbing her salad, "May we talked about this."

May rolled her eyes. "Just because you and Jake aren't doing so well doesn't mean we can't go. Just think, you get some really hot guy to dance with you and you can make him jealous." May gave her a wink and Megan smiled, a very evil smile.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it up to see Kaden had texted. He wanted to meet me outside. "I'll be right back." I said to them. I picked up my tray and threw my lunch into the trash before I walked towards the front of the school, "Hey." I said once I saw him.

His face was full of worry. "What's wrong?" I asked placing a hand on his arm. 

"It's my sister... she uh- she uh..." 

"Kaden?" I asked in concern. 

"She's sick with something. I-I have to go back." 

My mouth fell open, "Sick with what?"

"She was poisoned with wolfsbane. It's incurable... she's going to die if we can't get it out of her system before the lunar eclipse." He looked heart broken as a tear slipped from his eye. 

"What about the game tonight?" He shook his head, he looked so worried my heart ached for him. 

"The lunar eclipse is going to stop her healing process... she's going to die tonight and I want to be with her. This is me saying goodbye. I'll see you soon, hopefully."

"Be careful." I said kissing his cheek. His kissed my forehead and hugged me quickly before he walked through the front door. How did she get poisoned in the first place?

I walked back into the cafeteria and sat back down beside Megan. "Okay it's been decided that we are all going to the bonfire tonight. You in?" 

I nodded. "Hell yeah."

Sebastian's POV

"You ready for this?!" Quinn called out. 

"Hell yeah!" Erupted from the team. I was pulling on my gear while trying to calm my nerves. We were up against one of the best schools in the district. I pulled my jersey over my head, lucky number twelve.

I pounded against my chest. "ALRIGHT BOYS LISTEN UP!" Coach called, "This is the championship! Everything we have work for this season comes down to this night. OSSA Champs! We are in this together, we work as a team, we work as one." He paused and looked at me. "Got any words Captain?"

I smirked. "Let's go kick some Ass!" 

Coach chuckled, "Couldn't have said it better myself. Alright asses on the field! Asses on the field!" The team ran out following me onto the field and the crowd burst into cheer. The cheerleaders were dancing, the band was playing and the mascot was running around getting the crowd riled up.

My eyes found Amelia immediately and I smiled as she threw a piece of popcorn up before she caught it in her mouth. She looked perfect in the moment as she tilted her head back and laughed. Quinn tapped my shoulder drawing my attention away from her.

Time to get my head into the game. The opposing team came onto the field and the crowd booed while the other school cheered. "Be aggressive be be aggressive!" Ally and her cheer squad yelled throwing their pom-poms in the air. Tonight is going to rock.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer called out, "Please welcome the visiting team the Crusaders!" The crowd booed, "And now a round of applause for the home team, THE RAVENS!" The crowd cheered again and I heard Amelia's cheer. She was jumping up and down and my eyes jumped to her chest. I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Could Captain Peters and Captain Hudson please come forward. Oh wait scratch that, Captain Kaden Hudson is MIA this evening so co-captain Robinson will be filling in for him." I jogged to the middle of the field holding my helmet underneath my arm.

I shook Robinson's hand and the referee pulled out a coin. "Peters, Heads or Tails?" 

"Tails." the ref flipped the coin and caught it placing it on his hand. 

"Heads." I nodded and ran back to my team.

"Please rise for the playing of the national anthem." The crowd stood up and the anthem began playing loudly across the field. I shifted my weight from foot to foot until the song finished playing. 

"Alright bring it in!" Coach called. The team huddled around and coach began laying out the game plan.

"Okay let's do this!" We put our hands in the middle of the circle. "On three. One, two, GO RAVENS!" We filed onto the field and I got in my quarterback position. The other team had first ball.

The ref blew the whistle and the game began.

~

"WOOHOO!!!" The team cheered as we bundled together. We had just won the OSSA championship. I was lifted into the air and carried off the field and forced to my knees. The water cooler was lifted overhead and dumped on my head.

"Woo! That's cold." I said whipping my helmet off. 

"Now let's go get drunk!" Quinn shouted. I was patted on the back a few times by the team members before they began to head to the change rooms. Amelia and her friends were walking down the stairs. Hopefully they were going to the bonfire tonight. I could keep an eye on her then.

"Bash! Let's go we have a party to get to!" Tyler yelled at me. I smiled and jogged towards him. I stopped and turned around and watched Amelia bounce down the rest of the steps. She looked up and we made eye contact. She smiled and gave me a small wave before she look up towards the darkened sky.

I followed her eyes and looked up toward the star decorated sky. My pulse picked up the moment I saw the shadow that was crawling across the moons surface. The lunar eclipse was going to happen soon and none of us knew what was going to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 382 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...
360K 12.5K 54
Amber Johnson has always been a popular kind and loving girl, the exact opposite of her best friend Emily. But when they meet their new neighbors an...
148K 8.6K 18
Maria can't explain what she is or what she's done. After all, it shouldn't be possible for a human to conjur fire from nothing but pure will, but th...
64.1K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...