Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 28

332 19 23
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

I just got off the phone with Liz. She agrees that I should call Hunter and see if Harper's home and if she is, to ask if I can visit with her and him. So I take a deep breath and let it out slowly. As I pick up my phone to call Hunter I notice my hand is shaking. Why was this so much easier to do, when I didn't know I loved him? I take one more deep breath and punch in his number.

After 4 rings he picks up. My heart stops when I hear his voice. I seriously have it bad for this guy.

"Hey Liddy, Happy Thanksgiving."

The tone in his voice makes me think he's excited that I called. "Hi, Happy Thanksgiving to you. Did you and Harper have fun at your parents?"

"We did. Harper especially. We watched the Macy's Day parade and she LOVED it. I wish you could have seen her. Every time she saw a big balloon character she would squeal, stand up on her tippy toes, hop a few times then run straight towards the television."

"Awwww, I bet she was adorable. Did you get it on video?"

"Honestly, I was having too much fun watching her I didn't even think about taking one, but my mom took a few."

"Would you mind asking her to send them to me? I'd love to see Harper all excited and being adorable."

"Of course I will. So what's up? Did you fall and twist your other ankle?"

I can hear his laughter on the other end of the line. "Ha Ha..... No, I didn't fall, again. I called because I've been missing Harper and you all day and was hoping she was back from her mom's so I could visit with her."

"I wish she was. But she's spending the night at Renee's. It was kind of a last minute decision. Her cousins, who are about her age, are visiting. I know she would have loved to see you. She asked about you all day, long."

"Oh darn." The disappointment is evident in my voice. "No worries. I'm glad she's spending time with her mom."

"So...Um....Ah..... What are you going to do for the rest of the evening then, since Harper's not here?"

Is it me or does Hunter suddenly sound nervous? "I'm not sure. Probably watch a movie or read a book. Nothing too exciting."

"Well, I'm planning on going to see Iron Man 4. You're welcome to join me if you like."

"I love the Iron Man movies. Iron Man 3 is one of my favorite movies of all times! I totally forgot that the newest one was out. Are you sure you don't mind me tagging along?"

"Not at all. It'll be fun." Hunter sounds excited, which makes me even more excited.

"What time does it start?" Please, let it be a later show. I need time to get ready!

"I was looking at the 8.35 PM show. Is that okay?"

I quickly calculate the time to get there and deduce that I have about 55 min to get ready. "Ah.... Sure. Should I just meet you by the garage?"

"That would be great. Why don't you meet me around 7:30 PM. That will give us plenty of time to get there, buy some snacks and find a seat in the back row, that's usually the best place for me to sit, less people recognize me."

"Oh okay, see you in a bit." I look at the clock, because he wants to leave early, I now only have 40 min to get ready. Yikes! "Bye, see you soon."

Hunter's POV

I'm super stoked that Liddy agreed to go to the movies with me. I've been sitting here for over an hour, trying to figure out a way to ask her to the movies, without it sounding like I was asking her out on a date. I couldn't think of anyway, then, out of the blue, she calls. This couldn't have worked out any better, if I had planned it this way. Thank you, lord!

I only have 40 minutes to get ready, so I take a quick shower and throw on a pair of black jeans. It takes me a few second to pick out my shirt. I try to remember what Liddy's favorite color is. Green, no. Pink, no. Oh yeah, now I remember it's maroon. Thankfully, I own lots of shirts in that color, the question is do I have one in the style my fans like and comment on a lot. Bingo! I end up picking a maroon shirt that fits snug with the top 3 buttons undone. I'm hoping if my fans like this look then Liddy will, too.

Once I'm dressed, I then brush my teeth, run some styling gel through my hair and put on my signature scent by Burberry, called "Hunter's Beat." I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that both Burberry and Converse contacted me asking if they could develop products lines using my name and wanted me to be the spokesperson.

I grab a dark gray leather jacket, my black ball cap, and the keys to my Porsche and Jaguar. I feel like driving one of my other cars tonight. I'll let Liddy pick which one she prefers.

Before I leave, I walk outside with Cole. I've noticed that he is getting more and more gray hair on his face. He's slowing down and walking a bit stiff. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's time for him to walk over the rainbow bridge. I love him so much. He is such a good dog. Adopting him was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have a feeling falling in love with Liddy is going to be another perfect choice. When Cole has completed his business, I bring him back inside and head to the garage with my heart racing and a huge smile on my face. Being around Liddy does that to me.

Liddy's POV

"Okay, Liddy calm down. Just breath." I hear Liz say from the speaker on my phone.

"I can't calm down. I'm going on a date with Hunter, Well I guess it isn't technically a date, but close enough and I have no idea what to wear and little time to get ready!"

"It's going to be fine. Wear something really cute, like jeans and a sweater."

"Liz seriously, I call you freaking out and all you give me for advice is to wear jeans and a sweater! Could you be a bit more specific?"

"Okay, Okay, How about the dark blue jeans and brown suede boots you wore when we went shopping, the other day. The heels on the boots weren't that high, so it shouldn't be a problem with your ankle. Plus those jeans look freaking amazing on you."

"Are you sure? Maybe I should wear a maxi skirt?"

"Trust me. Wear those jeans and the dark cranberry red sweater I bought you for your birthday. Pair it with a tank and scarf and you will look awesome."

I look through my closet and find the sweater Liz suggested. It does go well with my skin tone. "I found the sweater. What color tank?"

"Girl, do I have to pick the whole outfit?" She laughs.

"Please, I just want to look my best. Plus you owe me. I'm pretty sure I chose every outfit you wore for the first 6 months you were dating Joe."

"Oh yeah, you did, didn't you." She says. "Well, before you pick the shirt do you have a scarf that goes with that sweater? I can't remember if I gave you one that matches the sweater. I think I did, but I'm not sure."

"Yeah you did. Now can I find it?" You can totally hear how stressed I am, in my voice. "Here it is. It's got tan, cream and that same cranberry red in it."

"Then pick a tan or cream tank top. One with a scoop neckline, nothing to revealing, just low enough to make him wonder."

"Liz, you crack me up." I giggle. "I'm going with a tan tank. It fits your requirements perfectly."

"Okay, well, go finish getting ready and send me a selfie shot if you have time. Call me tomorrow with all the details, promise?"

"I will, I promise. Wish me luck!"

"Liddy, you don't need luck. That man is crazy about you. Just have fun. Well, I'll let you go. Love you. Bye"

"Thanks for everything, Liz. I love you, too. I'll call you tomorrow, Bye"

Hunter's POV

It's almost 7:25. Hopefully, Liddy will be down soon. We didn't have to leave quite this early, but ever since being married to Renee I have learned it's better to allow for extra time. We always needed it because she chronically ran late. I wonder if Liddy will be on time?

Right then, I hear footsteps on the stairs outside the garage. I look at my watch, 7:27. She's early, that makes me smile even bigger, if that's possible. "Hey, I'm in here." I call from inside my open garage bay.

"Oh, there you are. I hope you haven't been waiting long?"

It takes me a minute to respond. I have to catch my breath. She is absolutely beautiful. "No, I just walked out a few minutes ago. I was thinking about taking one of my other cars tonight. Do you have a preference?"

I see her eyes light up when she looks behind me and sees my car collection. "Oh My God, they're gorgeous! You have a white 1969 Jaguar XKE with black interior and a Triple black Porsche 911 Carrera convertible? What year is the Porsche? A '94 or a '95?"

They're not as gorgeous as you I think to myself. "The Porsche is a 1994. I got it when I turned 25. The XKE I haven't had very long. I bought it right after the divorce was final."

"Did you need something to cheer yourself up?"

"Yeah, something like that." When I look over at Liddy I notice that the excitement is gone from her face. It's been replaced by compassion.

"So, where did you learn so much about cars?"

"From my dad. He owes a high-end speed shop in Virginia. He worked for the previous owner for years and when he wanted to sell, my dad bought it. So, I practically grew up around cars. I use to help him work on the cars some, but mostly I would help him search for a certain model car that a customer was looking for. When we found it, we'd take a road trip together to go see if it was worth buying. Have you ever watched the TV show, 'Chasing Classic Cars'?"

"Of course I have. I'm a car geek."

"Well my dad does the exact same thing. So if you're ever looking for a certain car let me know and I'll ask him to start searching for you." She says with a smile that makes my pulse race.

"I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to buy my dream car."

"What kind of car is that?"

"A 1964 Shelby Cobra convertible. I can't decide between the classic blue with dual white stripes or the dark silver with black stripes. Both are sweet cars."

"Wow, that is such a gorgeous car."

I realize I could stand here talking cars with her all day, but I asked to go to the movies. "Yeah, it is." I look at my watch. "Oh, wow, look at the time. We better get going. Which car would you like to take?"

"They are both beautiful. I can't decide. Oh wait, I have an idea. Do you have any change on you?"

"Let me check? All I have is a quarter and 2 dimes." I can see the excitement in her eyes again.

"Perfect! We can use the quarter. We're going to play heads or tails. The Porsche will be heads and the Jaguar will be tails. Now, which of us is going to toss it?"

"I'll toss. Are you ready?" She shakes her head, yes. "On the count of three. One, two, three."

"It's tails!!" She squeals and runs over to the Jaguar.

I just chuckle. She is so darn adorable. "Okay let's go." I say as I head over to open the door for her.

"I can't believe I am going to ride in a XKE!" She can barely contain herself. She is so excited.

"Madame, your car awaits." I say while bowing next to the open door.

"Well, thank you kind sir." Liddy says with a curtsy.

She giggles and walks by me to slide into the car. I can smell her perfume. I don't think I have ever smelled anything so intoxicating in my life. What was I thinking? How am I going to make it through a movie, sitting a foot away from her listening to that adorable giggle and smelling that provocative scent? I'm a dead man!!!

_______________________________________________________________________

PLEASE keep voting and COMMENTING! I LOVE to hear from you!

For those of you who keep asking about the big date. I started writing it today. You might get it by the end of the weekend! Until then I hope you enjoy the next few chapters. I'm trying to make them interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 35 28
Two young people married for the sake of their companies, Kurt really love her but his father keeps on forcing him to divorce with her. They love eac...
9.7K 146 13
HALF-WRITTEN AND WILL NOT BE CONTINUING. READ MY NEW STORY - REBOUNDING WITH RAIN. CW/TW - CONTENT/ TRIGGER WARNING: Avery is a popular girl who has...
10.5K 139 56
22 year old, Leela's life is turned upside down when she finds out that she's pregnant, as a result of a holiday romance. What is she going to do? Ho...
50.8K 877 41
What will happen when Ally has had enough and moves away from her dad to start a new chapter of her life? What will happen when she bumps into someo...