• A Blackbird's Serenade •

By jada_nb

In another life I'll reach for her hand and no one will wonder if we're friends or something more In another... More

* Main Characters *
"Unforgettable Rhythms"
"Sunshine & The Blues"
"Dandelion Soul"
"Sweet Briar"
"Blue Moon"
"Nocturnal Dreams"
"Broadened Horizons"
"Transparent Masquerade"
"Can I Call You Rose?"
"Golden Butterflies"
"Clair De Lune"
"Kiss 'Nd Tell"
"I Only Have Eyes For You"
"Like a Star"
"A Fool In Love"
"Escapism"
*Cast Update*
"Midnight Symphonies"
"One Night Only"
"Slow Dancing In The Dark"
"Funny How Time Flies"
"Underneath The Tree"
"When It Rains It Pours"
"Blue Robin"
"A Dove's Orchid"
"Waltz In A Black Dress"
"Almomd Blossoms"
"Emotional Intelligence"
"Cinnamon Girl"
"A Cracked Crescent Heart"
"Eternal Souvenirs"
"L-O-V-E is All That I Can Give to You"
"Harmonies of Hope, Remedies of Renaissance"
"Young And Beautiful"
"Dream A Little Dream Of Me"
"Welcome To New York"
"Rumor Has It"
"The Wisp Sings"
"Swan Lake"
"Distant Lover"
"Ain't No Sunshine"
"Don't They Know, It's The End of The World"
"Set Fire To The Rain"
"When Autumn Leaves Start To Fall"
"Chamber Of Reflection"
"Home Is Wherever I'm With You"
"Red Lily"
"Here Comes The Sun"
"Welcome To The 60's"
"Above The Velvet Avenue"
"Embers & Ashes"
*Announcement: New Storyy!!*
"Black Leaves"
"Easier Said Than Done"

"Candlelight Wishes"

204 11 5
By jada_nb

a description wouldn't do it justice so here you go ;)

Omniscient

Tonight was different.

Although the uproar from the fans was just as blaring, if not twice as more so, and nothing about the show had changed so far, the atmosphere was on another level. Leave it to the Big Apple to have that effect.

Carnegie Hall was colossal and intimidating, for the venue had always had a nick for extravagance. Rows, from the architectural ceilings to the velvet floors, were lined with bulbs of light and plush seating.

It was a grand theater for those interested in the likes of opera, classical music concerts, and the oldest and richest of plays. The place screamed money with every detail, from the inside and out of the building. Each lightbulb from the vast sea of audience casted a sunkissed warm glow onto the stage, dressed in a wide black curtain for now.

Behind it were no dancers this time. Only a standing microphone up to her lips, ribbed with lines on its four sides, and a singer, beholding a glow of her own even in the darkness of the backstage set.

Mickey was doing a final check around the stage while walking with purpose, holding his walkie talkie to his lips to communicate with the lighting and sound department from up top, across the stage. He gave nods to the band and two backup singers before rounding up to center stage, where Journee stood.

"Sound, lights, all clear?"

"Good to go Mick," Johnny, the stage manager, spoke through the small box in Mickey's hand. "Countdown in thirty."

He came close to her side. "Miss Rose, we all good?"

Her head was hung with a nod. "Mhm," Journee answered before drawing a deep breath and looking up, giving him a grin. "Let's do this Mick."

Shining a half smile, the creative director turned on his heels with the box to his lips. "You heard the lady, it's showtime people."

As he went to stand beside Tiana at stage right, his eyes scanned the stage as a whole while the announcer's voice hit the speakers, uprooting the audience even more.

"Five...four..." he counted down with the sound and lights department, making eye contact with the person in charge of curtains from the opposite side of the stage. "Three...two...one," with that, Mickey nodded at the man. "Curtains, now."

Tiana and Mickey couldn't help the way they held their breaths as the massive black velvet drapes whipped apart, their yellow tassles bristling the wooden stage floor.

Total darkness had graced the theater, a single spotlight now directed at center stage. Behind her was a shadow silhouette of her hourglass frame, the delicate square of her shoulders, and the curls of her hair. Cheers of excitement transpired into ones of awe as the woman's head then lifted, followed by her eyes.

A gown like no other, and one that she'd made herself, hugged at her hips and breasts, flowing to the floor where heels dressed her feet.

It was a sequined cream color, with a hypnotic shine attached to her every movement. The design embroidered in it resembled the theme of the Great Gatsby. An old Hollywood look at its finest, though with a twist, being its backless feature, plunged neckline, and slit at the back, allowing her room to move. Tiana had given her hair voluminous curls, all swooped into a large bodied wave, swept to one side over her shoulder. And the jewel on the pinned side made her look like a siren from the most majestic of waters.

Red lips lined her smile, dazzling enough to cast a spell as the sea of fans screamed loud enough to leave her ears ringing.

Letting it all sink in, she remained calm and still, her chest rising and falling with a gratified depth as she waited for them to quiet down.

"Well well well, New York City, how y'all doin this evenin?" Her southern accent was rich as dark chocolate, contrasting her honey brown eyes, ignited by the spotlight. "Mrs. Turner had me prepare a little somethin special for y'all tonight," she continued. "That is, if y'all don't mind..."

Instant shouts of collective no's nearly made Journee chuckle while craning her attention over her shoulder with a smirk, briefly catching Tiana's eye as she arched a brow at their violinist. Shaking her head, Tiana smiled as she watched the woman she loved, soaking in every inch of her breathtaking appearance.

Then, just as Journee brought her attention back to the audience, and right as the intro to Etta James' 'At Last' echoed through the building, the stage lit up.

Coming alive one by one, the lights rippled, extending along the bulbed rows from the center of the stage to where the crew watching overhead resided, providing a cinematic effect. And once the theater was set with a warm glow, the band now playing in harmony as Journee's body began a soft sway, the woman began to sing.

Everyone's breath had been whisked away, the audience and backstage crew all watching the singer in a trance.

"And life is likee a sonngg," her eyes closed with the execution of the note, her hands caressing at the thin mic stand. "Ohh, yeah, yeahh, at last..."

"That voice of hers is somethin else," Mickey said to Tiana, his head shaking as his arms crossed. Neither of them had taken their eyes off her. "Ion think I'll ever get used to it."

"I sure as hell haven't," she chuckled, standing beside him with her arms folded as well. "She makes it look easy..."

Wearing a grin, he then glanced at his friend. "I can imagine-" she met his smirking gaze. "Rose says you can hardly whistle Tee-"

Mickey snickered as Tiana extended her hand to push his broad shoulder, biting back her smile with a roll to her eyes. Once finding his balance again, he joined her in watching Journee once more, the two of them smiling in content.

Tour had been a dream of a world for them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing with her hands attempting to tame her mane, Journee's face drew with focus as she huffed at her reflection in the mirror. She was on her third rubberband, and was on the verge of screaming if this one popped against her wrist like the others.

Feeling a grumble from her stomach, after having only a sandwich today in the dressing room two hours before performing, she called out to her lover. "Tee?"

"Yeah?" The woman answered, clad in a white robe with her ankles crossed as she sat up against the bed's headboard. The remote in her hand was pointed to the small rectangular television box, antennas poking out from the top.

"Did the room service come yet?"

"If it did baby you'd know," she chuckled, being that this was Journee's second time asking. "I'm starvin too trust me."

"Yeah but I could eat a horse right now."

Tiana smiled. "The whole thing, huh?"

"Hair, hooves, everything."

"Nastyyy," her face scrunched with a giggle. Then her attention shifted from the TV to her lover as the singer emerged from their hotel bathroom. "Well don't you look beautiful," she tilted her head at the pout on Journee's lips.

"I'm bout to jump outta that window-"

At that, she nearly cackled. "Okay, beautiful and dangerous-" her hand held out. "Come here baby, I got it."

Pouting still, Journee went over to turn and sit down, her back to the woman. Tiana had already known what was frustrating her, partly because she could hear her in the bathroom and also because the woman always found herself struggling to put her hair up after a show. It was something about the addition of weave, but Tiana would always wait until Journee asked before helping her. Plus it amused her to hear the battle going on before the woman would finally accept defeat.

"There we go." Her hand slid from Journee's hair and down her back before she leaned in to press a soft kiss at the nape of her exposed neck. "All done."

Feeling a flutter in her chest from the warmth of Tiana's breath, the gentleness of her kiss, and the rasp of her words, Journee bit her lip while craning her neck to find her eyes. Trailing slowly, her eyes went from Tiana's, to her plush lips, then back up to her adoring gaze.

It made the woman sheepishly smile as Journee leaned back a bit to connect their lips over her shoulder.

Both of them wore soft white robes that the hotel provided, given they'd just finished washing up after tonight's show. While Journee's curls from her performance, now in a messy bun, were still intact since this particular style was sewed in, Tiana's natural curls were sprawled all over her head, parted down the middle, and brushing her shoulders.

The glasses that she mostly wore behind closed doors sat on the bridge of her nose, while a new book she'd purchased earlier today was beside her, atop the soft sage linen sheets.

Just as they'd withdrawn slightly to lock eyes once again, a kind knock hit the hotel door, making their heads turn. A feminine voice followed with the words "room service," having tension flow from both their bodies as they smiled with excitement.

"Finallyy," Journee grunted while standing, making Tiana chuckle.

Sitting back comfortably against the headboard once more, her ankles crossed again as the woman rolled in their cart, bidding a kind smile to which they both returned, before being on her way.

"It smells like heaven," Tiana commented, and at that Journee emitted a smile over her shoulder.

She watched as the singer sat the platter with two covered dishes at the foot of the bed. Her eyes followed her movements as the woman disbursed the half oval shaped metal toppers, letting an anticipated steam escape. And a smile dressed her lips at the sight of the giddy look on Journee's face once she rounded the bed to plop down on her side of it.

Chuckling softly, she reached to retrieve her dish once Journee slid the tray back, a bit between them.

"What'd you order again?" she asked, glancing over at Tiana's plate while holding her own, readying a fork.

"Filet mignon," Tiana spoke with grin without looking up. "And you betta keep your eyes and hands over there Rose, I ain't playin with you."

"Wha-" her mouth dropped with a smile as Tiana laughed. "I'm not gonna eat yours, I like mines!"

"Mhm," she shot her a narrow glance.

There'd been plenty times whenever they'd eat out, where she'd have to eat what Journee ordered since the woman found Tiana's food more appealing than her own. And everytime, Tiana simply rolled her eyes and shook her head, though letting her lover have her way nonetheless.

The two women ate while enjoying the movie playing on the TV, Journee having shrimp pasta and Tiana with filet mignon. She ended up being the one sneaking her fork into Journee's dish, unable to resist with how good it smelt. And Journee gave a squinting look with the intent to scold, before smiling at the sight of Tiana's as the woman snickered knowingly.

Two slices of rich chocolate cake was their desert, and they felt on cloud nine once setting their empty dishes back atop the cart it entered on.

For a moment afterwards, they simply sat in blissful silence, with the sound of the action movie filling the cool air of their room.

Tiana had gone back to her book, using one hand to gently massage Journee's feet in her lap. She did it often without the singer having to ask, knowing over three hours in a pair of heels had to cause an ache like no other. And it was confirmed with every soft moan or groan heard under her lover's breath when Tiana's thumb hit a sore spot.

Another knock hit the door, and this time it was Tiana that went to get it. Journee's eyes watched with subtle allurance as Tiana interacted with the employee before following her out of the door. Her gaze was low once Tiana came back into view, catching the look then smirking.

Tonight was theirs.

She hadn't let Tiana leave her side after the show, and pretended to be under the weather just to have more time alone with the woman. Worried and having no clue it was a performance until they'd reached their room, Tiana couldn't help bursting out laughing with a humored applause, to which Journee happily bowed with laughter of her own.

And as of now, profound desire was kicking in for them both, though Journee had always been the one with no resistance to hide it.

Tiana, on the other hand, took joy in dangling the carrot, when most of the time the sound of her lover's moans and the face she made when reaching her high would consume Tiana's thoughts majority of the day. She liked to tease Journee about being the hypersexual one, when really, it was her. And Journee knew it too.

They'd brushed their teeth for the night, and as Tiana had gone to the bathroom to pin up her hair, Journee eased up behind her, hands sneaking at her hips.

"Don't tie it up just yet..." Tiana bit her lip, locking eyes through the mirror as Journee's chin rested innocently on her shoulder.

Tilting her head, she concealed a smirk. "And why not?"

Blinking slowly, Journee's hands slid further around her lover's waist. "You know why," she muttered as her fingertips slid just barely inside the robe, cold against Tiana's warm skin.

Upon the woman swirling around in Journee's arms, the tie on her robe was loose enough to let it part, revealing a full slit of nudity that urged Journee's eyes to fall to her body. Saying nothing, Tiana watched, heart beating faster by the second, as the singer's fingertips grazed her skin, going further inside the robe.

She then bit her lip as hands tugged at her hips, pulling her closer, and her hand went to Journee's neck as the woman connected their lips with a hunger that made her chest heave.

Intensity laced their kiss from the start, their tongues fighting for dominance just before Journee took control, sliding her hand from Tiana's hip and between her thighs.

Thudding back against the counter, Tiana's mouth dropped agape as she felt fingers teasing her entrance and a thumb grazing the ballpoint of her center. Warm liquid pooled beneath her waist as Journee's soft lips planted heated kisses down her body, to where she found the woman kneeling before her.

Opening her eyes with a flutter, her breath was shallow as she spoke, lusicous eyes staring back up at her like a goddess utterly adored.

"Baby..."

"Hm?" A kiss was placed slowly at her pelvis before Journee's mouth moved closer to the place Tiana desired it most. Nibbling at her lip, she watched as Journee withdrew her hand from her center, her fingers glistening as she brought them to her parted lips.

So little breath was in Tiana's throat as darkened honey brown eyes flickered back up, a smirk on tempting lips as Journee's middle finger slid back out of them. Tiana couldn't find the words to speak. 

Journee kissed back up her body the way she went down. Though instead of capturing Tiana's lips, the way the woman nearly ached for her to, the singer's lips latched onto Tiana's breast with passion, soliciting a moan that was music to her ears. And as she let her head fall back with her hands finding the counter behind her, Tiana's eyes shut tight. Then her breath was snatched away yet again once Journee's hand returned at her womanhood.

A digit entered her, having her eyebrows kindle with plead. "Shit, Journee-"

Her words only recived a satified hum in response, Journee's movements refusing to cease. Only, Tiana felt her legs about to give out on her at any moment. Her hand wrapped around her lover's wrist just before the finger inside her could plunge deeper.

Picking her head up with eyes wandering the woman's features, Journee smiled seductively at the sexually distressed look on Tiana's face.

She was then grabbed by the collar of her robe with gentle force, making her smile turn into a knowing smirk as her lover spoke, breaths labored.

"If you think my legs have any more strength to stand, you's sorely mistaken." Journee simply bit her lip, watching her lover as her finger plunged deeper anyway despite the hand on her wrist. And at that, Tiana's brows knit, her head falling with a fair moan under her breath.  "Journee..."

Giggling with posing innocence, Journee retracted her finger, bringing it to her lips again as her eyes found Tiana's, the woman lifting her head with a soft pant. "So impatient," she grinned.

And at that, Tiana bit the inside of her cheek, twisting her lips with narrowed eyes as Journee arched an amused brow at her. She then wrapped her hand around the woman's neck, attaching their lips with an aggressiveness that earned a moan as she pushed off the counter to walk them back into the room.

Without breaking away, her hands tore away at Journee's robe, leaving them both bare and hot with yearning before falling on top of the bed and on top of each other.

Somehow, though, Tiana found herself back at Journee's mercy.

The bed was unmade now as Journee kissed her way down from Tiana's lips, to her breast, then her carved abs sheen with glow, and finally the treasure at her center. Her eyes were low, filled with hunger, passion, and love for the woman staring back at her just the same way. Though Tiana's gaze held an additional pleading gloss, with her chest slowly heaving and the rosebuds of her breasts rising and falling, as she bit her lip.

Releasing her hold on the sheets, Tiana reached between her legs to lay a gentle hand to Journee's cheek, holding her gaze as the world around them diminished to nothing. The lights in the room gave their bodies and their eyes a warm glow as they soaked in every inch of each other. Both physically and spiritually.

Turning her head just barely to kiss her lover's palm, then the thumb that was sweeping lovingly across her cheek, Journee closed her eyes, giving two pecks before returning her attention to Tiana.

And just then, the woman withdrew her hand, finding the sheets again with a squeeze as Journee's lips neared the slick heat drenching her folds. It was at that moment that her chest deflated with a shuddered breath through her parted lips as she licked them briefly. The sensation was sending her afloat by the second.

Eyes fluttered shut, Tiana's eyebrows drew closely together as Journee's tongue traced patterns at her womanhood, quickening the pulse at her core to a mind numbing ache. The rasped and quivering moan that crawled up her throat couldn't be helped as soft lips and a slick tongue worked at the bead of her center. Clinching both fists onto the sheets, Tiana drew a breath in, though it couldn't seem to circulate to make it back out.

Wrapping a hand to hook under her lover's thigh, Journee closed her eyes, knitting her own brows as she immersed in the taste of Tiana and the feel of her under her tongue. She added pressure to the ballpoint, nearly suctioning with subtle dominance. And with that, Tiana grew louder with the soft and whimpering call of Journee's name. Her favorite thing to hear.

Latching off for a moment, she moved further down to insert her tongue at the woman's entrance, drinking her in as her hands slid up Tiana's body, hungrily wanting to feel more of her. She wished deeply then, that she had more hands.

Tiana's back lurched from the bed once Journee's lips migrated back to the swollen ache of her center.

Gripping harder onto the sheets, she panted with a whimper as her shoulders twisted, allowing her face to press into a plush pillow. Journee had pinned her hips down, making her moans deeper and louder as her mouth frowned profoundly in immense pleasure. Her legs were beginning to shake, as was her hand as one of them nearly ripped the sheet from the mattress.

Journee hummed against her with a soft moan, for she was on her way to a climax of her own just from pleasing Tiana. The wetness between her thighs was beginning to drip down her leg.

She opened her mouth a bit more, deepening her engulfment on her lover's womanhood before sucking feverishly yet again.

"Fuck..." Tiana shuddered, her voice somewhere between a rasped cry, a whimper, a gasp, and a plead.

Tears brimmed her eyes, though they were shut so tight only a mere droplet could seep through, sliding down the side of her face as she turned her head from the pillow, feeling a lack of air in her lungs.

Journee moaned against her again, deeper, and Tiana's head immediately pressed harder into the pillow under her, her mouth hanging open though only a fragment of sound croaked through.

They'd reached a peak at the same time, rendering the room in a tense and convulsing silence.

Hands gripped at Tiana's thighs as Journee came to a brief pause, feeling the sensation wash over her in a temporary paralysis, brows furrowing and her mouth falling agape. A mere whimper escaped her lips as her eyes blinked shut. And she panted as she heard a soft groan from Tiana, right as the arch in Tiana's back fell and she panted just the same.

Feeling weak and weightless at the same time, Journee trailed a number of kisses back up Tiana's body, gentle hands caressing up and down her sides before resting at her waist. She was instantly pulled closer, pressing their bodies together.

Marveling at the woman under her in awe and adoration, she grinned before leaning down to connect their lips. This kiss being softer and more gentle, in comparison to the ones of utter passion and desire just hours ago.

It was a kiss of pure, everlasting love. A kiss that could cure any illness. That was a savior among the finest of swords. And that neither of them could live without.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Streets of numerous people created chatter at every turn as the trio strolled down the block to their destination.

Harlem, New York was known for its births of legends and timeless talent, just pouring from the veins of its African Americans.

A man with a golden trumpet filled his cheeks with air, though it didn't stop his dazzling smile as he winked at Tiana and Journee in passing. The two giggled their compliments, to which his fingers twiddled in a wave while he continued playing, entertaining the next person that walked by.

The three of them walked arm in arm, Mickey leading them to some club he claimed he couldn't talk much about. But it was their last night in the infamous city of dreams, so Tiana and Journee were all for the fun of course.

With a patterned scarf tied at her neck and draping to her chest, Tiana wore wide denim pants and an off the shoulder reddish orange top. Her hair was free with blown out curls, gel slicking back her edges and hairline. And Journee decided to wear the midnight blue satin pants that Tiana had let her keep, and a matching button down flowy blouse, a few buttons undone to show a bit of bare chest. Her hair was the same as last night, failing to one side with curls accentuating her facial features.

Mickey, on the other hand, was clad in a simple sweater vest and dress pants, his shoes a pair of black loafers and a gold chain on his neck.

Having a muscular build and tall frame, he looked to be one of their boyfriends, or their male bodyguard out in the night. A predicament none of them necessarily minded anyhow.

He'd come to their hotel room all discreetly, asking how willing they were to join him on a spontaneous night of fun. Then he couldn't help his laughter when seeing the limp in Tiana's walk. And even more so at the lie she told everyone else, that she took a fall down some stairs.

The woman simply pushed his shoulder at the look he gave her once they were walking back from breakfast with the crew. It made him snicker before shooting a look at Journee, who did nothing but smirk and shrug with innocence.

With small rumbling beneath their feet, a distinct aroma of incense, cigarette smoke, perfume, and wine engulfed their senses. It made Mickey smirk, for they had arrived.

Tugging his arms to pull them both along, they disappeared under the streets of Harlem down two flights of stairs. Then they turned two corners before ambling down another flight of stairs.

Hearing music and chatter, Tiana and Journee exchanged looks behind Mickey's head, for they stood on either side of him.

The line was short, and the man at the neon lit entrance was large and intimidating with his arms crossed. Tipping down the black sunglasses from his eyes, he gave Mickey and the two women a once over.

"You're new."

"We's in town on business suga," he gave a grin. The man squinted, unimpressed.

"Password."

Mickey looked around, ignoring the confusion on his friends' faces before looking at the guard again. He mouthed the word 'Levi.' And this time, the guard queried the faintest of grins.

He spoke over his shoulder. "Let 'em in."

Bidding the man a nod and wink, Mickey squeezed at his arms to pull Tiana and Journee along inside. A smile spread along his lips at the stunned expressions on their faces, taking in the erotic scene before them.

"Ladies..." he spoke, letting go of their arms to step ahead and turn to them. "Welcome to Club Tempo..."

"What on God's green..." Tiana trailed as her eyes scanned the place, then she blinked at the sight of two men nearly tonguing each other down. "Mickey... Is this-"

"Tee I think that woman just winked at me-" Journee said, though unable to take her eyes off the smirking woman eyeing her. "Oh God, she blew me a kiss-" glancing at the floor, she shifted to where Mickey blocked the woman's view of her.

Tiana chuckled before grabbing her lover's hand. And the action stirred an alertness in Journee as she looked around, only to find not a soul batting an eye at them. A sense of relief slowly washed over her as she tugged the woman's hand, bringing her closer.

"Mickey, how'd you find this place?" Tiana asked. "This ain't legal, is it?"

"Not by particular means, no," he sighed as they shifted off to the side, out of people's way. "But I knew somebody who knew somebody, 'nd they hooked me up. It's a few lil clubs like these around though, just top secret. They got em in Atlanta too-"

"They do??" The couple asked at the same time, then shared a look with each other.

Mickey chuckled. "Yup. I'll take y'all when tour's over and we's back home. But I thought it'd be nice to bring y'all with me instead of going alone like always."

Just as their heads sweetly fell to one side, a loud voice over a speaker hit their ears.

"Aight y'allll," said a heavy set woman over by the bar. Her skin was bright with freckles and her hair a sandy brown. "It's time to get ya asses on the dance floorr-" her smile was welcoming as she gave a stern look overhead the club. "And when I say everybody I mean every damn body, y'hear?"

Tiana and Journee exchanged looks again in the midst of warm bulbed candlelights dancing through the club's subtle darkness. Then they shared a smile with a squeeze to their hand hold as people migrated to the center of the room.

And just then, a formidable man, even taller than Mickey, walked up to them with a dangerous smirk directed at their friend. Mickey's eyebrows raised as he glanced down at the large hand held out to him.

"Excuse me, would you like to dance?"

He glanced at the women, then smiled as they cheesed while shooing him away. "I'd love to," he chuckled. And off they went, disappearing into the crowd.

Following suit, with an overwhelming sense of liberty and contentment, Journee made her way forward, her hand pulling Tiana along behind her. And the woman wore the most sheepish of smiles as she found herself laughing, almost thinking this night unreal.

Thirty minutes to an hour later, the couple had gone from grinding against one another and snaking their hips to move with the fast paced music, to slowly swaying in each other's arms. Their foreheads were joined as were their bodies while they held one another close, Tiana's hands at Journee's waist and the singer's around her neck.

It was probably the most fun they'd had as a couple, if not, within the top three.

Being able to freely interact with each other, without restraint or fear of shame. Being able to kiss in the middle of a heated dance, and touch each other as the music moved their bodies. Seeing others doing just the same, as if it was perfectly okay, and normal. As if none of them were outcasts from society at all.

They wanted to thank Mickey a thousand times over for allowing them this night. And for showing them that they weren't as alone as they thought themselves to be.

Lifting her head, Journee couldn't seem to wipe off her grin as she gazed lovingly into Tiana's eyes. And likewise, neither could Tiana. The past forty eight hours had been a dream come true, a wish upon a star.

They'd gotten so lost within one another's eyes that it felt like just the two of them, even surrounded by a room full of people. They might as well have been slow dancing in the living room of their apartment back in Atlanta, with a record playing in the distance. That's just how serene the moment felt.

"I love you..." Journee spoke softly, her eyes beaming as the back of her fingers gave Tiana's neck a gentle caress.

The woman shined a mere beam of her own before leaning in to capture her lover's lips. A kiss just as the one they'd shared the night before, and countless other times.

"I love you too," she whispered, giving one last peck before nuzzling into her neck.

Closing her eyes, Tiana held Journee immensely close. Neither of them ever wanted to let go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

whew she's longg honeyyy

~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2.1K 91
Just read you won't regret it...
28.8K 582 24
just read it. Stud x Fem Hey yalllll! Don't be a ghost reader, talk to me I don't bite. ❤︎
18.7K 666 15
Uhh- I suck at description. So I am not writing
1.9M 44.5K 67
Have you ever felt so broken that you couldn't pull yourself out of bed and continue to live your life like you used to. A simple task such as tying...