Oh, Shift! (Book III A Not So...

By SheHopes

Is a hexing witch who can't use her powers, really a witch? Rowena Flores has issues... and we're not just ta... More

COMING NOVEMBER 13th!
Chapter 1: Does Your Grandma Know You're a Pervert?
Chapter 2: Jesus Speaks to Me
Chapter 3: I'm Not Dead, I'm Sleeping!
Chapter 4: Christmas Cabbage
Chapter 5: Kisses in the Rain
Chapter 6: Selig's Curse
Chapter 7: Out of Body Times
Chapter 8: Bloodsuckers
Chapter 9: Feed Me
Chaper 10: Hector's Warning
Chapter 11: Suspects and Friends
Chapter 12: Collateral Damage
Chapter 13: Little Mikey's Rival
Chapter 14: Slasher and Smasher
Chapter 16: Josie's Boys
Chapter 17: Hands Up!
Chapter 18: Suspects II
Chapter 19: Slammer Time
Chapter 20: Antonio
Chapter 21: The Alpha's Plans
Chapter 22: Rowena's Plans
Chapter 23: Operation Poke a Bear

Chapter 15: Family Love

822 100 32
By SheHopes

"Rowena, fighting with Abby isn't going to solve your problems," Selig whispered.

Rowena's brown eyes turned to Abby, who was across the room and currently holding a bag of frozen peas to her jaw.

Banks and Poppy sat across from her, taking in the scene.

"Someone had to knock some sense into her," Rowena muttered.

Abby stood up from the sofa and slapped Matt's hands away as he tried to hold her back. "You attacked me from behind. That's fighting like a coward, Rowena!"

Exasperated, Cross groaned. Banks chuckled. "Well done, Rowena. Vampires are ruthless. I feel like a proud papa."

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Rowena isn't your daughter."

"I know that but the violent streak in her would make any vampire father proud."

"Fighting cowardly," Abby spat.

"It's called fighting dirty, Abby. Get over it. Besides, you avoiding me is acting like a coward!" Rowena argued.

"I have not been avoiding you," Abby protested.

"Liar, liar, house on fire!" Rowena taunted.

Abby growled. "One, it's pants on fire, not house on fire. Two, grow up. Only kids say that."

Rowena sneered at Abby. "One, pants on fire doesn't make any sense. It should be house on fire. Two, words don't have an age group attached to them. I can say whatever I want whenever I want. And I am water you are glue, whatever you say sticks back on you. Three, you're the one being immature by avoiding me. You can deny it but we both know you're lying."

Abby narrowed her eyes at Rowena.

"What is your problem with me? Is it because I'm a vampire now? Because nothing much has changed with me other than I'm freaky strong, have to wear sunglasses more than I like, and everything I eat tastes like they forgot to add seasoning to the dish."

"Only blood is delicious," Poppy admitted. Banks nodded.

"And you drink my blood," Cross reminded Rowena with a wink.

"Not helping," Rowena whisper-hissed at him.

"It's kind of weird how much you enjoy it," Selig added, staring at his brother.

"I'm not avoiding you because you're a vampire," Abby denied.

Rowena rolled her eyes. "I call bullpoop."

"I'm not!" Abby set the bag of peas down on the coffee table.

"Please don't start fighting again," Matt pleaded. "We didn't know who to root for."

"Plus, you broke a lamp and a side table," Poppy reminded them.

"If you really wanted to know why I've been keeping my distance, it's because I'm scared," Abby admitted.

"You're afraid of me?" Rowena asked in disbelief. "You thought I would hurt you? I wouldn't do that."

"Well, you just did," Matt muttered, pointing at the broken table Rowena and Abby broke in their tussle.

"That doesn't count." Rowena moved closer to Abby. "I had to fight with you to get a reaction. Why are you afraid of me? Because Banks had to turn me?"

"I see it happen all the time," Banks sighed. "Vampire discrimination."

Poppy rolled her eyes.

"Did you think she'd suck your blood too?" Selig asked.

"No, she's only drinking blood from me!" Cross interjected, stepping forward. "No one gives her blood but me."

"You thought I'd want your blood?" Rowena asked Abby. "That's why you avoided me?"

"No, I avoided you because we almost lost you, Rowena," Abby answered, her voice almost a whisper. "I'm grateful you helped Selig and he's not cursed to throw cheesy pick-up lines all the time and I'm grateful you're still alive. But we almost lost you and it scared me. You're my best friend and you felt like a sister to me, Rowena."

Rowena frowned. "Ignoring me isn't how you treat a sister."

"No, but it hurt when we thought we were going to lose you. Vampires die too, you know. What if something else happens to you? Plus, you can't be part of the pack now that you're a vampire. I started to keep my distance because getting close means I'll eventually lose you, Rowena."

Cross frowned. "I'm confused. Are you confessing your love to my soulmate?"

"It sounds like it to me," Selig whispered. "I would've bet money I'd be the sibling to steal Rowena away but it turns out your baby sister has been after her this entire time."

"Vampires are extra-attractive," Banks whispered to Poppy.

Abby snarled at her brothers. "Will you two stop being perverts? It's not a romantic love but a family love I have for Rowena." She turned back to Rowena. "I'm sorry. I should've just told you I was worried you'd leave for good. To avoid more pain, I thought it'd be easier to cut you out first."

"I thought you hated me," Rowena said softly. "I didn't ask to be a vampire."

"Baby, I said I was sorry but it was the only way to save you," Cross said, pulling Rowena to him and kissing her temple.

"I know you didn't ask to be a vampire." Abby stepped closer.

"Being a vampire is great," Banks reminded them.

"I just want things to go back to normal," Rowena confessed, ignoring Banks. "I don't want to feel weird around you. Banks hasn't forced me to live with his coven. Nothing much has changed except your brother being obsessed with me drinking his blood. He says it gives him an or--"

"Stop! Too much info!" Abby grimaced, covering her ears.

Banks snickered. Poppy lightly slapped his shoulder.

"Not enough info," Selig mumbled. "No wonder Cross is always asking to give her blood."

"Does this mean we can be friends again?" Abby asked.

Rowena moved away from Cross and closed the distance between her and Abby. "We were always friends." She put her arms around Abby and squeezed.

A growl from Cross had Rowena laughing. "She's your sister. Stop being jealous!"

Abby pulled back and smiled. "You know what else this means?"

"What?"

"I get to go undercover with you to see that Josie lady's harem," Abby answered.

"Thanks, Abby. All we need to do is find proof that Josie got Moises to kill his mother Jasmine for money. Then, we can clear my abuela's name."

Banks sighed. "This girl friendship is great and all but aren't you all forgetting something?"

Rowena frowned. "What?

"We were in the middle of mind persuasion lessons. You were practicing on the beta wolf. You asked him to squawk like a chicken."

"Yeah, so?" Rowena asked, not following.

Banks shook his head and jerked a thumb to the corner of the room.

Liam flapped his arms and turned his head to them. He opened his mouth and squawked at them.

"We better turn him back to normal," Rowena said.

"Yes," Abby agreed, pulling out her phone and turning on the camera. "But first let's record him acting like a chicken."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 117 23
''Why does Mariah keep say that I'm a werewolf? I'm not a werewolf'' I ask Mariah and Johnathan look at each other before looking back at me ''Yes yo...
463 94 17
When an orphaned, DACA, pre-med student with a secret gift and a fiery CEO with a legacy to protect are forced into a marriage of inconvenience, the...
346K 22K 36
The ink had barely dried on Stephanie's final high school exam and already she has been offered a job. A job as a personal assistant to the son of a...
1.9M 73.4K 84
Over one hundred years ago, the supernatural came out of hiding. A Great War ensued, causing the human race to fall to the bottom of the food chain a...