37 days: Holding on 2 broken...

Від MarissaNem18

This is a second book to 37 days so if you haven't already read the first book, please do so! Millie and X a... Більше

The other half of me
The deep end
Nice try
Betrayal at its finest
Not so fast...
Close call
Grave encounters
Enough is enough
I'm the one
Emotionally released
Perspectives
Beat me to it
The napkin
Misson incomplete
And then there's you
Someone I used to know
But so am I
Tomorrow it is
Go time
First day jitters
Take her when you go
Second best
The weight of hate
Farewell contracts
The air I need to live
Where to?
2 emotional
Overdosed
The weight of the world
The aftermath
The longest minute
The strong one?
The reason you left
Not the hero
Darkness
The other
Taken interest
Hidden hoodie
Penny for your thoughts
Fiery red
No one wins, no one loses
Reconciliation
Care to share
Coming undone
Traveling news
Breaking up is hard to do
S'more love
All in
The green light
Stirring the pot
Forgive and forget
Surprise, surprise.
Contract is a contract
Figure it out
Forgotten
20 answers
37 days

Self inflicted

14 0 0
Від MarissaNem18

POV
Julian

I don't even make it halfway down the hall when I hear things from X's room breaking.

I expected this.

I wanted to be the one to tell him because word travels fast in this house, half the house already knows about his overdose but no one is stupid enough to approach him, even if it were words of encouragement. X is a defensive person, he doesn't want anyone taking pity on him and he doesn't do well with kind words. X thrives off of the negative, he turns it into a challenge. X's dad formed him this way, just as mine did but my dad had a percentage more of a heart than X's. We were taught from adolescence to not let people in, to conceal our feelings and weaknesses, and to hide who we are as a person. In this business, you're a lethal robot. Millie is breaking X away from that and he's struggling beyond belief with it.

I don't trust X to have found this information out from someone else, he's irrational when he's upset, he doesn't know how to handle when things are out of his control and I want to be present in the case of him doing something he'll regret.

Right now he's taking his anger out on objects and not people so I'm satisfied with the coping mechanism. Had X found out from anyone but me, he'd kill the messenger in cold blood.
I'm not leaving this dude until his shit is back together and his emotions are in check.

The heartache he's experiencing is foreign to him and he's learning the hard way on how to handle it. I'm surprised as fuck that Millie is going out with someone already but maybe that's just how she copes, everyone is different. I believe Millie is not over X, not even by a fraction but if she needs to go out with someone else to deal with the pain she's experiencing then so be it.

I keep hearing glass break from the room and I hope he'll stop soon because he's going to overexert himself, but maybe that's not such a bad thing right now honestly.

I feel for him, it's just bad news after bad news for this guy, every day since Saturday night but at the same time he's doing all of this to himself, it's all self-inflicted.

I text Steph

Me: Told X, he's going off the deep end

Steph: Lovely..

Me: he had to know babe

Steph: I know, I know. Not really happy with Millie right now

Me: I get it but maybe it's just something she has to do to move on

Steph: yeah you're right

Me: miss you already

Steph: Me too xx

I set my phone down. When I see Steph next, I want to talk to her about moving in with me. I don't want anyone else other than her and I think she feels the same.

She better..or I'll be right where X is.

I feel bad thinking this, but thank god our relationship is nothing like X and Millie's.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.8K 174 25
BOOK 2 DISCLAIMER: INCLUDES GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL, DRUG USE, LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, etc. MATURE READERS ONLY (18+) *COMPLETED* I strongly suggest read...
G E O R G E Від lily

Короткі історії

3K 74 21
How does someone fall out of love and then fall back in love with another person in just the span of two weeks? Ask George, he did it. **** WARNING...
566K 15.4K 56
Book #2 of Prystyne and Heath's relationship. After the events of last book, what happens now. Well, a lot. You're just going to have to read to find...
Saint And Syre Від Cosmic_Karma_13

Сучасна проза

10.6K 559 27
I decided to publish this story again after I had removed it. A story about two brothers trying to make sense of their respective lives while trying...