Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 25

323 18 9
By fanforfanfic

Hunter's POV

Harper and I just got to the studio. We're a few minutes early, so we're sitting in my black Range Rover waiting for everyone to show up. I take a sip of my triple espresso coffee, which I desperately need. Between learning that Liddy and Craig broke up and unexpectedly seeing her wearing only boxer shorts, a crop top and a damn belly button ring , I was barely able to sleep.

"Daddy, more pees." Harper asks as she holds her empty sippy cup out to me.

"I am sorry, punkin but that was all the juice that daddy brought. When we go into the studio I'll see if there is any juice or milk, okay? In the meantime, why don't you eat a few of the grapes Liddy cut up for you yesterday."

Harper shakes her head, no. "I want cackers. No gapes."

"Excuse me. How do you ask politely?"

"Cackers, peez."

"That's my girl. Here are a few animal crackers. Be extra careful when eating these."

"Hotay."

Right then, my phone rings. It's Liddy. She must have found the note I slipped under her door, telling her I took Harper with me to the studio. "Hello."

"Hey, it's Liddy. So I just read your note about Harper. I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you take her to work with you because you thought I couldn't watch her with a sprained ankle? Because I can, honestly."

"No, that's not the reason. I know she would have been fine with you. It's just that she was a bit clingy, this morning. So I decided to keep her with me. All we are doing is having a quick meeting. Afterwards I thought I might take her to visit my parents, then maybe play at the park for awhile."

"Okay, if you're sure that's the only reason. I really don't want you to think I can't do my job."

I just have to laugh at that comment. "Liddy, you are the most amazing nanny in the whole world. I NEVER worry when Harper is with you, I trust that she will be safe. I know you care about my little girl. Honestly, the reason I brought Harper with me today has nothing to do with me being concerned if you could care for her."

"Okay."

"Good, well you take care of that ankle. Andy just arrived so I am going to go talk with him. Bye, Liddy."

"Good Bye Hunter. Oh and I just want you to know, that I love Harper and I will always keep her safe. Have a great day. Give Harps a hug for me. Bye." Then she hangs up.

I can't believe what I just heard. She just told me she loves Harper. Isn't that breaking some nanny rule? I didn't think Nannies were allowed to love the children they watched because when the job ends it would be painful for both the child and the nanny. Well, good thing I don't ever plan to let Liddy walk out of Harper's or my life.

"Look daddy." I glance over to see what Harper's pointing at.

"Yes, that's "Uncle Andy". Let's go see him and then we can look for some more juice when we get inside, okay?"

While she shakes her head, yes. I hop out of the car and run around to unbuckle her. Harper wiggles her way out of her car seat and climbs down with a little help from me. I can remember when I had to do it all. My little girl is growing up. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Before we go to meet Andy, who is waiting for us in the parking lot. I grab Harper's bag that has a change of clothes and Pull ups, just incase there is an accident. There are also a few toys in the bag also. Some blocks, her stuffed momma cat with baby kittens and of course a toy guitar. She hasn't started showing any interest in creating her own music yet, but she certainly loves to hear me sing.

"Hey Andy, How's it going?"

"I'm doing good, so glad to be home with Melissa and the kids. As much as I love to tour, nothing beats home, that's for sure."

"You can say that again. So got any idea why Dan asked us to come in today?"

"I think we're going to meet the new guy that's going to be opening for us, for the remainder of the tour. I think his name is Rick or Ryan Cyr."

"That's right. I remember Betsy talking about him. I think she said his name is Ryan."

"Daddy, who's that?"

I turn to see a man about my age I am guessing, maybe a bit older, with light blonde hair, hazel eyes about 5'10." He's carrying a guitar case and looks a bit lost.

Harper and I walk over to him. I extend my hand and introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Hunter and this is my beautiful daughter Harper."

He shakes my hand then kneels down to shake Harps hand. She just giggles and hides behind my leg. "Sorry about that. She is in her shy phase, right now."

"No worries, I come from a large family, lots of nieces and nephews. I totally understand. My name is Ryan Cyr. It is so nice to finally meet you. I have been a fan of yours for years. I still can't believe that I'm going on tour with you."

"It's nice to meet you, too. Why don't you follow us and I'll introduce you to Andy, then we can go inside and show you around."

_______________________________________________________________________

Liddy's POV

"Thanks for coming over Liz. I really need some advice."

"No worries, that's the benefit of having a sister whose an author. I have a flexible schedule." She says as she comes and sits in the chair next to me. "How did you hurt your ankle and why didn't you call me to come help you?"

"It's a long story."

"Well, I have lots of time." She says with a smirk.

"Shortly after you left yesterday, I decided to hang a few photos on the wall, over there." I point to area by the dining table. "In order to get the correct height I wanted I had to step on the very top of the ladder. I know, not the safest or smartest thing I ever did. Anyway while I was on the ladder Harper and Hunter surprised me by showing up with Chinese food."

"Oh, really? Wow, I never would have expected something like that to happen." Liz chuckles.

I roll my eyes and continue with my story. "So when I turned to look down at Harper, I stupidly lost my balance and fell and twisted my left ankle. Thankfully, Hunter came over to help me. He carried me to the couch. After looking at it he wanted to take me to the hospital, but I talked him out of it."

"Are you sure it's not broken?"

"Yes, I am. Hunter's must have asked me the exact same question at least 6 different times."

"Sounds like he was pretty worried about you."

"He was he even came to check on me late last. He was concerned when I didn't answer his texts or calls. Hunter didn't know I was taking a shower and left my phone in my bedroom so I never heard it ring. He was afraid that I might have fallen again so he stopped by just to make sure I was ok."

"That was so nice of him. I guess I I won't have to be concerned about you, as long as Hunter's around. It sounds like keeping you save and well is one of his top priority." She says with a smile that stretches from ear to ear.

"He's such a sweet guy. He took Harper with him to the studio this morning even though I told him last night that I would be fine to watch her. When I called and asked him why, he said it was because Harper was clingy this AM. I sort of believed him, but there's a part of me that thinks there's another reason, too.

"You are probably right, Liddy, Hunter most likely took Harper today, so you could rest. He really cares about you. Why can't you see that? Are you blind?"

"No, I am not blind. I am just scared."

"You're scared of Hunter?"

"I'm afraid of the feelings I have for him, but I'm more scared that he can't or won't feel the same way. Liz, I have NEVER felt this way about anyone, in my whole life. We haven't known each other that long, yet I am so intensely attracted to him. You know me, Liz, I don't do one night stands. In order for me to want to be physically intimate with someone, I have to have strong feelings for them. Well, after yesterday, I can tell you my emotions are off the chart!"

"I've been expecting something to happen because of the chemistry between you two have. Did he finally kiss you?"

"No, but I think he might have thought about it for a split second, but I am not sure. It could have just been wishful thinking on my part." I sigh. "I am so confused."

"Okay, give me some details and I will see if I can help you figure out where Mr. Hunter's head is at. No need to be shy. Remember I have shared with you details from every relationship I have been in."

I take a deep breath and release it. "Well, each time Hunter picked me up to carry me, I would get light headed, my heart would race and I could barely catch my breath."

"Wait a minute, he held you up in his arms more than once?" I nod my head.

"Well, that little act speaks volumes." She just smirks.

"What do you mean?" I am a bit confused.

"If Hunter did not enjoy holding you close, then he NEVER would have done it a second time. He would have let you hop on your own or he could have helped you by swinging your arm over his shoulder and just walking next to you.

"I hadn't thought about it that way."

"So what happened to make him almost kiss you?"

"It happened right before dinner, last night. After he had carried me into the kitchen he put me down and I started to wobble so he grabbed my waist to help steady me until I gained my balance. When he did his hand accidentally slipped under my shirt and touched my bare back. We each just stared into each other's eyes. That is when I thought that he might kiss me. But once Harper asked for help getting up into her chair he removed his hand and went to help her, acting as if nothing happened."

"How long did he gaze into your eyes?"

"I'm not sure maybe 15 seconds. Why?"

"The longer he made eye contact the better. If he wasn't tempted he never would have looked at you for that long and he would have immediately removed his hand instead of letting it linger there."

"I want to believe everything you say. But like I said earlier, I am afraid that he won't allow himself to give into his feelings."

"Liddy, Hunter cares for you, deeply. That's why he brought you dinner and took care of you after you twisted your ankle. He didn't have to carry you around or take Harper to work with him. But he did because he's crazy about you. I agree he is still fighting his feelings, but then again so are you."

"I am so tired of lying to myself and fighting my feelings for him. I know things are complicated with me being the nanny, but he's such an amazing guy. I desperately want to know if he would give us a chance."

"He's a guy, sometimes they need help figuring out what they want." Liz says with a grin.

"What does that mean?" I ask apprehensively.

"It means that you need to pull out all the stops to get his attention, if you know what I mean?"

"I was afraid you were going to say that. You need to remember that I was with Craig for over 2 years. It's been a while since the last time I tried to get a guy to notice me."

"Lucky for you, flirting is just like riding a bike. You never forget. I just wish there was an occasion like a wedding or something where you had the chance to really knock his socks off.... Unfortunately, I don't think opportunities like that happen much when touring on a bus."

"Well, lucky for us, he is taking me out to dinner on Friday as a way to thank me for helping with Harper, the last weekend I was home. Remember she was upset about Jazzy's ear being broken. He was very appreciative and insisted that he take me to MK's.

"What? He picked MK's?"

"Yes, he did. I told him it was too expensive, but he wouldn't listen."

"You know why he picked that restaurant, don't you?"

"I am assuming because of the food. I've heard it's suppose to be amazing."

"Liddy, you can get amazing food at 50 different restaurants in Nashville. MK's is the only place that has a romantic atmosphere and a strict dress code of suits and cocktail dresses. So that tells us that Mr. Hunter Hayes either consciously or subconsciously wants to see you all dressed up looking gorgeous."

"I thought about that initially, but talked myself out of it." I let out a frustrated sigh. "See what I keep doing? I'm constantly telling myself it won't work. I'm just too afraid to even hope that he could have feelings for me, because if he doesn't I'll be heartbroken.

"Hun, life is full of ways to get hurt. One of the biggest ones is through regret. The "What if's" can drive you crazy. I would hate for you to always wonder about Hunter and what might have been, but that's me, I'm the "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" kind of girl. But I realize this is your life not mine. So why don't you take some time to really think about your feelings for Hunter and everything I have said. Then let me know what you decide." Liz gives me a hug and heads for the door.

"Please wait. I already know what I want to do."

"And what is that?"

"I need to stop being scared and just follow my heart. Let's go shopping!"

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please keep voting and Please leave comments. I would like to know your opinions on how the story is going.

Does anyone want to guess what Liddy might be buying and what it may look like?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 6.1K 26
Fresh out of high school and finally home from Panama, 18-year old Stella Hawkley is surprised to find a new farm-hand waiting for her at the airport...
10.5K 139 56
22 year old, Leela's life is turned upside down when she finds out that she's pregnant, as a result of a holiday romance. What is she going to do? Ho...
231 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
28K 390 20
Hi, im Ashley and my boyfriend is 'The Harry Styles' What happens when my dad and Harrys mum get married. How can we be together if we're stepsibling...