Shark (Dazai X reader)

Da starsforbreakfast

*this book can be read as a sequel to my book Little Doll (Mafia!dazai x reader) or on its own.* Time doesn't... Altro

Welcome!!
(C. 1) An Unexpected Encounter Part One
(C. 2) An Unexpected Encounter Part Two
(C. 3) Lunch
(C. 4) Rumor
(C. 5) Home Life
(C. 6) Missing
(C.7) Trap
(C. 8) Apple Pie
(C. 9) Loyalties Part One
(C. 10) Loyalties Part Two
(C. 11) Dinner Guest
(C. 12) Non-Traditional
(C. 13) Strategy
(C. 14) Weapon or Wielder
(C. 15) Enemy Base
(C. 16) Pitfall
(C. 17) Car Crash
(C. 18) Revelations
(C. 19) Q
(C. 20) The Plot Thickens
(C. 21) Prisoner
(C. 22) I Know Your Pain
(C. 23) Apologies
(C. 24) A Letter
(C. 25) The Meeting
(C. 26) Evil Expects Evil
(C. 27) Trip Down Memory Lane
(C. 28) Infiltration
(C. 29) Round One
(C. 30) Kyoka and Dazai//Playing Tag
(C. 31) Options
(C. 32) Descent
(C. 33) Kyoka
(C. 35) Welcome
Epilogue
Final A/N

(C. 34) An Offer

541 29 8
Da starsforbreakfast

They had barley jumped off the ship, their parachutes billowing out behind them, when the explosion happened. Y/n shut her eyes against it. She trusted in her ability, but it didn't stop her from being somewhat afraid, from feeling awful at having to put Kyoka through such a thing.

As they made their descent, so did the Moby Dick. The four of them hit the water just after it crashed into the water by the bridge. The sun was setting, staining the sky purple and their skins golden as they pulled themselves from the water.

Atsushi was on all fours on the ground, spitting up water. Akutagawa and Y/n watched him sadly as Melville had his eyes fixed on the place where the Moby Dick had found its final port.

"Why?" Atsushi asked once he had caught his breath, his voice broken, tears falling quickly from his eyes, "Why her?"

Akutagawa coughed.

"Kyoka..." he trailed off, turning to the water, "what a fool. If she hadn't embraced the hope of living in the light, she wouldn't have had to die in vain."

"Stop sounding like Koyo." Y/n sighed, crossing her arms, the act having been dropped, "She is braver than either of you will ever be. She dares to hope. She tries."

Atsushi looked up at Y/n. Getting to his feet, his eyes narrowed with anger.

"She trusted you!" he yelled accusatorially, "She trusted you! You're heartless. I was wrong about you, so so wrong. You're just like every other Mafioso out there. How could you just let her do that!"

"This is how it ought to have been, Atsushi." Dazai cut in as he approached with the Agency's President, coming to a stop before his subordinate.

Akutagawa, Atsushi, and Y/n moved as one, turning to face him. Relief washed over Y/n in waves. She had known he'd be okay, her ability had made sure of that. Still, there had been a nagging fear. There was always a nagging fear, especially because of her husbands own ability.

"Dazai... Boss?"

"Kyoka overcame herself and saved the city with the high mindedness expected of the Agency." Dazai sighed, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"But there was no reason she had to die!" Atsushi yelled back at his mentor.

"True, this is a merciless conclusion." Dazai conceded, "But theres a reason that it had to be this way."

"Is it?" Y/n asked, unable to keep her secret, or her joy, at bay any longer, "A merciless conclusion I mean."

She couldn't help herself. Akutagawa turned to her, stunned.

"Kyoka died."

"Did she though?" Y/n crossed her arms, smiling mischievously.

"I take it this means we are in fact still on speaking terms?" Dazai asked, turning to her.

"I don't know," Y/n said in a sing song voice, shrugging, "we'll have to wait and see. Or better yet, why don't you tell me?"

Fukuzawa took a step forward.

"My ability, All Men Are Created Equal," he began, "has an effect only on my subordinates. That is, only on members of the Agency."

"The ability allows for control over the output of the abilities of another." Dazai continued, picking up where Fukuzawa had left off, "Atsushi, the reason you are able to control your tiger abilities now is because you joined the Agency. And Kyoka just passed the entrance exam, right in the instant before impact."

Atsushi's eyes grew wide at the implication. As if his surprise, as if this revelation, had drawn her there, Kyoka appeared beside them. Demon Snow placed her gently on the ground with a puff of wind. Atsushi gasped, turning to her.

"I used Demon Snow's katana to cut the chain and escape." she explained quietly, smiling in her pride, "I'm back."

"Yes you are!" Y/n replied, "I am so proud of you: a real member of the Armed Detective Agency! Congratulations, Kyoka."

Before Kyoka had a chance to respond, Atsushi ran up to her and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"Welcome back."

"You're hurting me." she revealed and he quickly released his grip.

"I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry we kept it from you both." Dazai's voice drew the attention of the group once again, "It wouldn't have been a proper entrance exam if I hadn't."

"Was this all planned from the beginning?" Atsushi asked, the conversation between Dazai and Rampo he had over heard just the day before coming into his mind.

"The enemy has been defeated and Kyoka has passed." Y/n confirmed, "I'm glad it all worked out."

Y/n turned towards Dazai to find he was already looking at her, eyes soft with adoration.

"I can't believe you, you literally cho-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Y/n grabbed his collar. Pulling him in close, she kissed him fiercely. It was one of those moments where the world seemed to stop for them, to give them a moment. Y/n let go and Dazai stumbled back. He raised a hand to his lips, eyes wide as he looked around.

"Hold on a second," he turned back to Y/n, "you kissed me."

"Yeah?" she asked after a moment, eyebrows raised.

"You kissed me."

"We are married, Osamu." she rolled her eyes, "It wasn't the first time, and it most certainly won't be the last."

"Yeah but you kissed me." he said again, "I didn't initiate, you didn't prompt or ask, you just did it."

Y/n smiled up at him.

"Looks like we're all growing and changing as people. Isn't it wonderful?"

"Dazai!" Akutagawa called suddenly, his fists clenched as Dazai and Y/n turned to face him, "There is no one left to get in my way. Please, see my strength now."

Dazai shook his head slightly, reordering his mind.

"I don't know." Dazai hummed, walking up to him with his hands in his pockets, "You're at your limit now, aren't you? You just defeated The Guild's leader, after all."

"Osamu..." Y/n warned, crossing her arms and glaring at her husband.

"That is irrelevant." Akutagawa shook his head, "I am-"

Dazai cut him off with a hand to his shoulder.

"You've become strong."

Akutagawa turned, wide eyed, to Y/n.

"What'd I tell you." she smiled.

With another look at Dazai, Akutgawa passed out, hitting the ground with a thud. Y/n looked down at him, nudging his stomach gently with the toe of her boot.

"I think you broke my subordinate." she sighed, looking back up at Dazai who shrugged apologetically.

"He'll live."

"Ms. L/n." Fukuzawa began and Dazai and Y/n turned to face him as he walked over.

"Yes... President?" she tilted her head to the side in uncertainty of how to address the man.

Dazai laughed.

"Thank you for your work today." he said with the slightest bow of his head.

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise.

"I..." she trailed off.

"I can't help but think you to be unsuited to the Port Mafia's ranks. You are powerful, but you aren't made of the same material as Mori wants his right hand to be. There is a place open at the Agency for you, if you choose to accept it."

Y/n was silent in thought for a moment.

"That is an incredibly kind offer." she said at last, her eyes on the ground beside his feet, "And it makes me happy to know I am able to help you all, help this city. It would be an honor to officially work with you, but..."

"But?" Dazai prompted.

Y/n met the President's eyes once again. Her hand was steady as she held it out to shake his.

"I am afraid I will have to decline."

Fukuzawa watched her for a moment before shaking Y/n's hand. Their arms returned to their sides.

"If it wouldn't be rude, may I ask why?"

"Of course it's not rude." Y/n looked over her shoulder at the unconscious body of Akutagawa, "I just have some unfinished business I need to take care of is all."

"The offer will stand until you decide to take it, or prove yourself unworthy of it." the President nodded, following her gaze to the boy.

"Thank you." she smiled, turning back to him, "And thank you for everything you have done for my husband over the years. You have truly accomplished something incredible with your group. I look forward to the day I will be able to join you."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

37.5K 893 20
Dazai ex Port mafia executive, Y/n current Port mafia executive they were past lovers until the sudden disappearance of Dazai Osamu and was found on...
82.1K 3.2K 36
Mori's double edged blade, his protégé twin flames, his own chaotic desire manifested. How could he have anticipated something like this? They had ea...
62.3K 1.9K 26
⤷ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘧𝘪𝘢 𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘶𝘺𝘢 𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘳...
3.9K 116 13
*inspired by the mitski album of the same name and will be angsty af* actions always have their consequences. BSD and any of the characters from it...