The Walking Dead *Daryl Love...

By brooke11223

Losing everyone she ever loved, Ami is held up by a breakable string. A broken past can either destroy her, o... More

Life in the Woods
Save Our Souls
Goodbye
Worn Down
What's Ahead
Breaking Out
Opened Up These Scars
Piece by Piece
Wanderer
Chupacabra
The Truth
A Pain In The Balls
Not Broken, Just Bent
A Little Further Away
Rounding The Jury
Dead Man
Beside The Dying Fire
Ricktatorship
Baby
Seed
Better Days
My Prison
Sick
Life
Within
Infinite
Walk With Me
Long Time; No See
Disappear
Arrow Holes
I Promise
An Old Friend
Love Disease
A Sorrowful Life
The Beginning of the End
Sleep With A Gun
Despair & Love
*Daryl Love Story* Note
This is War
Building Blocks
Think Fast
No, Not A Zombie Virus
Yes, A Zombie Virus
Where I Lye
Puddle of Mud
The Hell To My Heaven
One Last Breath
Prepare to Live or Prepare to Die
Made to Suffer
Uncomfortable Home
The End is Just the Beginning

Triggerfinger

12K 241 75
By brooke11223

*Ami's POV*

"Let's head back." Hershel said.

Rick nodded his head. 

"Hold on." I walked over to Tony and took his gun. I searched his body for bullets. I found two in his pocket. "Go look on Dave." I told Rick, who was closer to him. Rick did and found four bullets on Dave.

"Alright." Rick said. But as he did, a light went through the bar windows. "Car. Get down." 

We all sat against the walls. You could hear terror in Glenn's pants. "Shh.." I told Glenn as I heard car doors open.

Footsteps came closer to the bar. "Dave? Tony?" I didn't recognize the voice, but they sounded like idiots. And since they survived this long that means they were dangerous idiots. 

 "I'm tellin' you, man. I heard shots."

"Come on. Stay close." 

"Tony! Dave!" 

"Shut up." 

After about two minutes of silence. Glenn whispered, "Why won't they leave?" 

"Would you?" Hershel whispered to him.

"We can't sit here any longer. Listen, we're going to go through the back and make a run to the car." Rick whispered to us.

We were crouched down, getting ready to head towards the back when we heard a voice slowly get closer. "We're lookin' for Dave and Tony, and no one checks the damn bar?" Rick raised his gun. The door started to open but Glenn sat in front of it before it completely opened. "There's someone in there." 

"Yo, someone in there? Yo, if someone's in there, we don't want no trouble." 

"We're just looking for our friends."

"What'd we do?" A voice whispered.

"Do we go in there?"

"What? No, we don't know how many our in there. Just relax."

"We don't want any trouble. If something happened to our friends, tell us." A voice called to us.

"Dude, you're buggin'. I'm tellin' you nobody's in there."

I could tell Rick was panicking. "They drew on us!"

Floor boards creaked then someone said, "Dave and Tony in there? They alive?" 

Rick was thinking of a way out of this. He had sweat running down his face, and his chest was moving quickly.  "No."

 "Come on, man. Let's just go back." 

"No, I'm not going back and tellin' them that Dave and Tony got shot by some assholes in a bar." 

"They drew on us!" Rick pleaded. "They gave us no choice. I'm sure we all lost enough people, done things we wished we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that. So let's just chalk this up to what it was; wrong place at the wrong-." A bullet went through the window right on top of me. Rick stood up and started shooting. "Get out of here. Go!"

Hershel and I went behind a beam. Glenn went behind the bar. 

More shots were fired. Some hit the beams. Rick sat against the wall again. The shots slowly died down. 

*Carol's POV*

"We can't find Lori and the others aren't back yet either." I ran over to Daryl, who was sitting next to a fire.

"That dumb bitch must have gone out lookin' for them." Daryl said poking the fire.

"What?" 

''Yeah, she asked me to go. I told her I was done bein' an arin boy."

"And you didn't say anything?" Daryl didn't answer my question. He just kept poking at the fire. "Don't do this. Please...I already lost my girl."

Daryl stood up and said, "That wasn't my problem neither." And walked away. 

*Ami's POV*

We made our way outside the bar through the back. When we were in the alley, we saw a car pull over across the street and shouted to a teen on a roof across the street. "Come on! Let's get outta here. Lame brains are all over the place."

"We leavin'?" The boy on the roof asked.

"Jump!" When the teen hesitated to jump, the man called out. "Hurry up! Jump already!"

The teen finally jumped. He jumped onto the roof next to him and rolled off. All we could hear was a crash and a scream. "Help me!"

"I'm sorry! I gotta go!"

As the guy drove off, the teen screamed, "No! No!" 

Rick ran across the street to the teen. 

"Rick!" Hershel said as we followed Rick. When we came over to the teen, he had a fence tip stuck through his knee. "We have to go now." Hershel told Rick. He turned to the teen and put his hand on the other knee. "I'm sorry, son. We have to go." 

"No, don't leave me, please." He begged.

"We have to go!" I said getting impatient.

"No, we can't." Rick said. 

"He was just shooting at us!" Glenn protested.

"We can't!" Rick shot back.

"This place is crawling with walkers!" Glenn yelled.

"We don't have time for this! Rick, cover his mouth." I said while taking off my button up shirt and tied it right above his knee.

"Why?" 

"I'm going to yank his leg off the fence." I told him.

"That just might work." Hershel said.

"Come on! Cover his mouth!" I rushed Rick. Rick put his hand over the teen's mouth. "1-2-" I yanked his leg up. You could still hear the teen's muffled scream.

"What happened to 3?'' Rick said with his hand still on the teen's mouth.

"3..." I smiled.

*Lori's POV*

I was walking back to the farm when I heard a car coming down the road. The car stopped. Shane opened the car door and stepped out.

"You alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"You're not fine. I saw the wreck." He said checking me for injuries. "What happened?" 

"I looked down at the map and hit a walker." I told him.

"If you waited for me, you wouldn't need a map." Shane said. "Come on, I got to get you back." He grabbed my hand and started to lead me to the car.

I stopped him. "No-No-No. I gotta find Rick." 

Shane stared at me for awhile. "He's back." He paused. "He's back. They're all back, safe and sound." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah.."

I sighed and headed to the car. "Oh, thank God." 

*Carol's POV*

When I walked back over to where I found Daryl last, I saw he set up his own camp there. I was looking at dead squirrels hanging from the tree, when Daryl came up behind me and said, "What're you doin'?" 

I turned around. "Keepin' an eye on you."

"Ain't you a peach. If you spent half your time in your daughter's business instead of everybody else's, she'd still be alive. " Daryl said.

I stared at him and waited for him to continue. "Go ahead."

"Go ahead and what?" He waited for me to answer, but I never did. "Just go! I don't want you here!" I stood there and didn't flinch. He got closer to me and said, "You're a real piece of work, lady.. What you goin' to make this about my daddy or some crap like that?" He scuffed. "Man, you don't know jack!" He backed up. "You're afraid. You're afraid because you're all alone. You got no husband, no daughter. You don't know what to do with yourself. You ain't my problem!" His voice was getting louder because he was shouting. "Sophia wasn't mine!" He paused and got closer. "All you had to do was keep an eye on her.!!'' I flinched. It was my natural reaction to men getting close to me and yelling. 

Daryl stepped back and stared at me. I wish I could say I saw pain or fear or something like that in his eyes, but I saw nothing. I saw a man torn apart by this world. 

"Yeah.." I barely could get the word out of my mouth.

*Lori's POV*

Shane pulled up to the house and people started coming outside. We stepped out of the car as people rushed by my side. 

"Oh, my God. Are you alright..?" Andrea asked.

"I was in an accident. But I'm fine." I told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"I really am." I paused to look around at the people outside. ''Where's Rick?"  Andrea just stared at me. "They're not back?" She wasn't giving me answer, so I turned to Shane. "Where are they?'' 

"Look, I had to get ya' back here." 

"You asshole." I said with calm anger in my voice. 

"Lori, I will go after them. But look, first thing's first. I gotta look after you and make sure the baby's alright, okay?" 

I stared at him. I couldn't believe he just told everyone like that. 

Carl came up behind Shane. "You're having a baby? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I-I-" I froze.

"Come on. Let's make sure you're alright." Dale said.

"Come on." Andrea led me to the house.

As I walked, I gave Shane a killing stare.  

*Ami's POV. Next Morning.*

As we drove up the road, I saw about everyone standing next to an open trunk. Daryl had his cross bow and his jacket on, so I assume that they're were about to come looking for us. 

When Rick got out of the car ,Carl ran to him and hugged him. Lori slowly walked over to Rick and hugged him. Hershel stepped out of the car. Maggie ran past him and went to Glenn. Glenn didn't respond to Maggie, though. He just kept walking. You could tell something was wrong. 

"Are you hurt?" Lori asked Rick. 

"No, but what happened to you?" Rick said.

"Patricia, prepare for surgery." Hershel commanded.

"I was in car accident." Lori told him.

"Accident? How?" 

"I went lookin' for you." 

"She went out on her own. I brought her back." Shane added.

"Are you crazy? You coulda-" Rick was stopped by T-dog.

"Who the hell is that?'" T-dog pointed to the teen.

The teen was sitting in the backseat with a bag over his head. I was the one who had to make sure he didn't attack us the whole way back to the farm. 

"That's Randall." I said, the name bringing up memories. 

Shane just stared at Rick waiting for him to explain himself.

"We couldn't have just left him there. He would have bled out." Rick said, staring back at Shane but not directly talking to him.

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn commented. 

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked.

"Rick, Ami, carry him inside, so I can fix him up." Hershal called to us. 

**

Everyone but Daryl was in the dining room. We were waiting for Hershel to be done. 

"I repaired his calf muscle the best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. He won't be on his feet for at least a week." Hershel walked in and told us.

"When he is, we'll give him water, take him out to the main road, and send him on his way." Rick said.

"Isn't that the same as feeding him to the walkers?" Andrea kept asking questions.

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick told her.

Daryl  walked in after he said that. He gave me a head nod as a greeting. Well, at least I thought it was mine until I saw Carol give him a quick smile. I know for sure I saw him look me in the eyes after Carol did that. But he broke the stare, leaned up against the wall, and crossed his arms. 

"You're gonna let him go? He knows where we are." Shane told Rick.

"He was blind folded the whole time. He's not a threat." Rick said.

I didn't hear anymore because I got up and left the dining room. On my way out, I past Daryl. Our eyes locked, but I kept walking. I walked out of the door without looking back. I headed to the RV. I turned around when I heard Hershel's door open. There was something in me that wanted it to be Daryl, that wanted him to act like a romance movie and chase after me in the rain. But when I turned around, it was Shane leaving angrily from the house. A few moments later, everyone left the house. Daryl was the first of the group to get out. He looked around, but he kept walkin'. 

*Later In The Night*

I walked over to Daryl, who was playing with his crossbow next to the fire.

"Daryl! What did I do to you, huh? Lori told me you told her that she can go fetch me herself." I waited for an answer. "Did I say something? Did I not do something? Or is this about Sophia?.." He didn't answer again. "Daryl, I would have stood by your side looking for that little girl forever if that's what was needed. But I can't. You know why? Because she's dead. We know that now. There's nothing we can do about it. I learned being at that bar and spending time with drunk Hershel that we have to make ourselves believe something," I paused. "even if we don't!.. If we stop believing, then there's nothing left to live for!" I yelled through the tears. "I need to know now, Daryl. Can I count on you anymore? Can I believe in you anymore?" 

I held my breath when he still didn't answer. I walked over to him and crouched next to him. "Tell me.. Tell me. Just talk to me." I begged him.

He refused to let me look in his eyes. "Why do you love me?"

"I love you because whenever you speak, you speak from the heart." He looked at me. I smiled. "Plus, you're a really good kisser." He chuckled a little bit. I laughed, hearing his chuckle. I sniffed my nose because it was starting to run. Daryl leaned in and kissed me. 

*Daryl's POV*

Ami walked over to me and bent down. "Tell me...Tell me. Just talked to me." She said.

I turned my face from her. I couldn't look her in the eyes right now. I knew if I did I would start crying. And I could not let that happen. "Why do you love me?" I asked her.

"I love you because whenever you speak-you speak from the heart." I turned to her. I could see the fire gleaming on her face. I could see her smile. "Plus, you're a really good kisser." I laughed a little and so did Ami.

She sniffed her nose. Why does she still love me after all the times I've made her cry? As much as I think I should let her go; I can't. It's selfish- I know. 

I kissed her; not knowing what to say next. Her soft lips pressed against mine. It was like a drug to me now. 

 __________________________________________________________________________

For my Boondock Saints lovers out there I met Norman Reedus, Rocco, and Sean Patrick Flanery March the 29th. And Rocco is just as funny as he is in the movie. Sean is too. But Norman is a sweatheart!....For anyone who hasn't seen Boondock Saints and you love Norman Reedus; then you should see Boondock Saints. You can go on Youtube and watch it. There are two Boondock Saints, so make sure you watch both! 

Anywho, I hope you liked this chapter. Tell me if it's getting too dramatic. --Love, Brooke! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 1.8K 20
What if Harry potter wasn't actually Harry potter? What if he wasn't the son of Lily and James potter? What if he wasn't a boy at all? What if he is...
10.2K 558 39
"Right under the stars floating away, away, away, Just like how we are I want to stay, stay, stay." [Richard Grayson] [Started: 04/02/2023] Cover mad...
66.1K 2.4K 19
(Sequel to The Rebel) Belle and her kin survived the battle. 10 years passed, and when the company return to Bag End, Belle and Thorin surprise Bilbo...
7.6K 405 19
Hi guys 😊 It is a BTS brotherhood story... In this Taegikook is the main characters and others also there but side but also important key roles. The...