Baby

I saw Lori and Rick talking in the front room, and I didn't know where Daryl was. So, I  took this time to talk to Carl. I walked into the room they were sharing. I found Carl laying on the ground. 

"I know you're not asleep." I told him. He turned around to face me and sat up. I walked over to him and sat on the ground next to him. "Your dad told me that you heard me awhile ago talkin' about how heaven doesn't exist."

"It doesn't."

I started to say something, but the words never arrived to my lips. I looked at the ground. 

"I'm not goin' to tell you what to believe. All my life, I was around people tryin' to make me be a Christian." I started.

"What're you tryin' to say?" 

"When the disease started, I was pregnant. I was two months along. The night I was goin' to tell my brother, he got bit. I thought nothin' of it. I simply told him that I'll just stitch him up when we get back to the house." I shrugged. "After I stitched him up, we had dinner and had as much of a good time you can have after your brother gets bit by a person. Well, at the time, I didn't think it would do anything to him. I told him after dinner, and then we went to bed. I woke up to him over top of me, moaning, and trying to bite me. I didn't know what to do, of course. I tried to run down the steps to get away from him. As I was runnin' down them, my brother came fallin' down the stairs after me. When I stopped fallin', and he stopped fallin'; he started at me again. As he pinned me down and I looked into his eyes...I-I didn't see my brother. I saw a disease. Luckily, I kept a knife under my stair railing. I pulled it out and stabbed him. I didn't cry at first. I hadn't realized what just happened. But as his corpse laid on me, I realized." I looked at Carl. "I tried so hard to believe in that moment that there was a God. So hard. But I couldn't. I couldn't because what kind of majestic creature would strike this on people. I know people had their share of mistakes, but what about the ones that did nothing. And, plus, what could we have done that was so bad that we deserved all of this?" I paused. "Don't tell Hershel I said that, though." 

"Why?" 

"Because, Carl, people start believing in God when they need someone there to comfort them. When Hershel stopped drinking, he started believing in God more. What I'm tryin' to say is that sometimes it comforts you to believe in God. I still have my moments when I pray to God." 

"Really?"

"Mmhmm." I nodded. "Every time I think I'm close to death, I pray. It gives me a little bit of comfort to know that if I do die, I have someone to greet me on the other side. It may be for a second to tell me I didn't cut it though." I smiled, and Carl did too. 

"I think I understand." Carl said.

"Good, because I got lost in my words." I stood up. "You know you're not that bad, kid. I might just come to like you." 

"Thanks...I think." Carl smiled.

"You know where to find me if you need me." I walked out of his room. I was watching my feet as I walked. So I didn't see Daryl standing in front of me. "Jesus, you scared the shit out of me." 

"Why didn't you tell me that?" 

"I didn't think you needed to know."

"You gonna tell me who the dad was goin' to be?" 

"Does it matter?" 

"Yeah." 

"Number 213." I looked at the ground. 

"Number?" 

"Yes, number." I paused and looked at him. "I wanted a baby. But I didn't have anyone. I went to a clinic and got one. You happy? You know now." 

''Ami, I'm sorry. I didn't know." 

"No, you didn't, Daryl." 

"What happened to it?" 

"It's probably dead inside of me." 

*

"I'll take the next shift." I walked over to T-dog who was standing outside the house. 

"No, I got it." He told me.

"Are you sure?" 

"I'm sure. I wouldn't be able to sleep anyways." 

"Alright, if you start gettin' tired, then get me." I walked back into the house.

I walked down the hallway and into Daryl's, T-dog's, and my room. Daryl was laying on his mat, looking up at the open sky. 

"I'm sorry I was such a bitch to you when you were asking me about that stuff." I told him.

He looked over at me. "I understand." 

I walked over to him and laid down next to him. 

"Did you see Lori's stomach? She's startin' to show."

After about a minute, Daryl said, "Why don't we have a baby?''

"What?" I sat up so I could see his face. 

He looked at me and sat up, too. "I mean, you wanted a baby."

"You're not just doin' this so we can have sex, are you?" 

"No, I really want you to have a baby." 

I looked at him unsure on how he said he wanted me to have a baby. "I don't want you to think that you have to do this." 

"I want to have a baby." He looked deeper into my eyes.

A smile rose. "We'll have to be quiet." 

*WARNING! DIRTY-ISH!*

He kissed me. I took his shirt and pants off, then he took mine off. He laid back down and lifted me, so I would straddle him. He took my bra off, while we kissed. When my chest was bare I pressed mine agianst his. I wanted our skin touching. I wanted to feel his heartbeat race as mine did. I took off his underwear and mine. Though I was freezing I didn't mind. Heat was radiating off him which kept me warm. Daryl rolled me over. He thrusted in and out of me. He started slow, but he got faster and faster. I felt his heartbeat race against mine. We let ouf a breath of hair at the same time. Daryl's couldn't hold himself up anymore. He fell down. But he picked himself back up. He stared down at my body. He started kissing me again. He kissed passed my jawline. He stopped and sucked a little on my neck. My back arched in pleasure. 

___________________________________________________________________

Dirty little girl that Ami is!