Love Disease

*Flashback. 16 years ago. Ami's POV*

"This is Daryl." Cassie's sister, Aubrey, introduced us.

"Hi, I'm Ami." I told him. He gave me a head nod. "So, how do you two know each other?" I winked at Aubrey.

She laughed at my fowardness. "We're dating..." 

"Oh.." I looked at Daryl. "Lucky you." 

"What's that suppose to mean?" Cassie asked while watching a show on my TV.

"I was just kidding, retard." I sat on the sofa and laid my legs across Cassie. "Don't be shy. Make yourself at home."

"You know I will." Aubrey walked into my kitchen to get chips. 

Daryl just stood there awkwardly. He had 'a painful past' written all over his shy face. 

"Where ya from?" I asked Daryl.

"From Philly; moved here a long time ago." He said.... awkwardly. 

"Cool.. I was born in Ohio. I moved to Tennessee with my dad awhile back, then a few years ago I moved here." 

He nodded. I felt like I was annoying him with every word that came out of my mouth. Aubrey walked back into the room with two bowls of chips. She sat them down on the coffee table then sat down next to Casse.

"You wanna sit?" Aubrey asked Dary while patting the empty cushion next to her.

*Present Day*

"What'ya thinkin' about?" Daryl walked over to me. 

I was sitting on the steps,  holding the baby. I wasn't really looking at Little Ass Kicker though. I was really looking at the ground. "Vaccines:," I looked up at Daryl. "Lil Ass Kicker won't get any." 

"Yeah.." He obviously had no clue what I was meaning.

"You, Hershel, Maggie, Glenn, we have vaccines so we don't get chicken pox. HBV, polio, Tetanus, whooping cough, influenza, rota virus, and bacterial meningitis." 

"You said HBV; what's that? You mean HIV?" Daryl asked me as Hershel and Beth walked over. 

"No, HBV stands for Hepatitis 'B'. It's, uhm," I tried to think of a simple way to explain it.

"It's a virus. Hepatitis B is an infectious inflammatory desease of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus that affects apes, including humans. The disease has caused epidemics in parts of Asia, Africa, and China.  HBV can cause liver inflammation, vomiting, jaundice, and rarely death though." Hershel stopped.

"So, what's the point of telling us this, Ami?" Daryl asked.

"Lil Ass Kicker ain't gettin' any vaccines that we got. She can get all the diseases that the CDC tried to stop us from getting."

"What're we goin' to do?..We can't go get her vaccines." Beth said.

"Who do you know all this stuff?" Merle walked out of the dark part of the cell block. 

"My dad." I paused. "He taught me this stuff." 

"Why?" 

I looked at the ground. After a moment or two I looked back up at Daryl. "There's not much we can do. We just have to be careful: wash her a lot, be careful about how much we hold her/touch her, that we don't breath too much on her--"

"Basically not touch her." 

"No," I assured Daryl. "well, we just have to be really careful. She has a weak immune system. When she gets older we won't have to be as cautious."