A Little Further Away

Rick stared at the body for a minute and slowly turned around to look at Carl and Lori. 

Meg walked over to the dead bodies. She removed a body that was on top of a woman. She turned the woman over and called her mom. When it was on its back, it started snapping. Meg started screaming and almost everyone ran to her side. Rick pulled Meg away, and T-dog stomped Meg's mom's face in. Hershel took Meg from Rick. Patricia, Maggie, Meg, and Hershel started walking back to their house. 

"All this time, we've been scanning the woods for her, and she's been in that barn?" Shane followed them.

"We didn't know." Maggie snapped at him. 

"Why was she there!?" Shane kept asking.

When we got to the front steps, Hershel stopped and said, "Otis was the one who put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed."

"You expect me to believe that? Do I look like an idiot to you?"

"I don't care what you believe." Hershel told him.

"Okay, everyone just calm down." Rick said.

"Get him off my land!" Hershel said.

"Let me tell you somethin', man." Shane got closer to Hershel.

Maggie slapped him and said, "Don't touch him!" Her voice changed. It was strained. But it was normal when she said, "Haven't you done enough..?" Hershel and Maggie walked into the house. 

But before Hershel walked in, he made sure he told Rick, "I mean it --off my land." Then walked in.

"What're you doin'." Rick asked Shane. 

"Daryl almost died lookin' for her Rick. Anyone of could have. I'mma tell you right now that that son of a bitch.. he knew." Shane was referring to Hershel.

"He didn't know. He's not like that. He opened his home to us." 

"I was handling it." 

"No, I was handling it."

"No, you had us out in those woods looking for a little girls that we all knew was dead. That's what you did, Rick. You're just as delusional as that guy." 

"No, Shane, he's not. He was trying to get Hershel to let us stay here. You think that all of us would still be alive if we hadn't come to this farm? We were on the brink of dying from starvation. Rick did what he thought was best for the group. If you don't like it, then maybe you should leave." I was about to punch Shane. I held myself together though. 

Shane looked at me and walked away. Everyone's eyes were either on me or Rick. 

*

I covered Sophia's body with a blanket.

"Dale?" Lori said.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Can you take Carl up to the house?" Lori turned to Carl. "I want you to rest." 

"Kay.." Carl and Dale walked to the house. 

"You want us to start burryin' them?" T-dog asked Rick.

"We need a service. Carol would want that." Andrea spoke up.

"Yeah, we all want that." T-dog mumbled. 

"Let's dig a grave for Sophia and Hershel's wife and step-son. Uh, over by those trees. We'll need a truck to move the bodies."

"I'll go get the keys." Jimmy said.