A Pain In The Balls

*Shane's POV*

"What? You tellin' me to leave?" I asked Dale.

"I know you've been planin' to. Maybe now is a good time. I'm looking out for the group."

"You think the group would be better without me, Dale? Why don't you tell that to Rick or Lori. Their little boy would be dead if I hadn't put my ass on the line." 

"And Otis's...?" He stared at me until I just walked away. But he wouldn't let me leave. He followed me and said, "Hey, I know you're not telling me something about that night."

I turned around to look at him. "Otis died a hero." 

"So you said." Dale replied quickly.

"A little boy lived because of him. I think you outta show some gratitude." 

"I wasn't there." 

"No, man, you weren't..."

"But, I was the time when you raised your gun on Rick. You had him in your sights, and you held him there." Dale paused. "I know what kind of man you are."

I looked at the ground and slowly raised my head. "You think I'd shoot Rick? That is my best friend." I raised my head completely. "That's the man that I love. I love him like he's my brother. You think that's the kind of man I am?" 

"That's right." Dale nodded his head. He was about 6 inches away from my face.

"Well, then we outta just think that through... See, I'm the kind of man that would gun down his own best friend... What'd you think I'd do to some guy I don't even like?" 

Dale stared at me in disbelief. I just nodded my head then walked away. I could feel his eyes on me. 

*Rick's POV*

I walked into the tent and started to take my gun off. But I was stopped by something on the table. I had it in my hands. The big words on it read, "Morning After Pills." There was two packs-- both empty. 

*

I walked over to Lori, who was out in the field. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

She looked at me. I could tell that she had been crying. Her eyes were still glossy. "I'm pregnant."

"Are you?'' I held up the Morning After Pill packages.

"I threw them up." She told me. I just stared at her. "You can yell if you want. You can scream if you have to. Just-just talk to me." 

"How long have you known?"

"Does it matter?"

"Days? Weeks? And you didn't tell me?"

"I'm tellin' you now."

"No!" I lowered my voice. "I found these. So Glenn knows, right? Instead of coming to me you sent him to get pills..!?" My voice exalted at the end.

"You told me we didn't have no roof, no shelter, that Hershel was probably goin' to make us leave." 

"Do not put this on me!" I yelled at her.

"You want me to bring a baby into this? To live a short, crewel life?" Lori's voice was getting louder as mine was.

"How can you think like that!?"

"We can't even protect the son we already have.!" Her voice was breaking. 

"So, this is the solution..?" I threw the packages on the ground. I wasn't yelling anymore.