Galactic Overlord (rewrite)

By SithTrooperO9

A rewrite of my self-insert Star Wars story, Galactic Overlord. More chapters, story arcs, character interact... More

The beginning
School life and imperial academy
Academic transfer
Graduation
The campaign in Mimban
End of the Mimban war
Samovar campaign
Victory in Samovar
Spice deal
Fields of Akkadia
A visit to Larsa
Traitor hunt
Smuggler's trail
End of an illegal empire
Old friends
The dead that walk
The far outsiders
Star-quest to unknown Kadath
Sith training
Battles against the Vong
Captain's troubles and a sith's return
The civil war on Naboo
Plans within plans
Plans within plans part 2
Uprisings on Onderon and Kamino
Jedi hunt on Felucia
The Umbara Campaign
Battles of the war
The Akkad Spring
Cobra business
Zaarin's failed coup
Final battles of Umbara
Cobra business part 2
Cobra business part 3
Cobra business part 4
Hapes Consortium war
Battle of Hapes
Cobra business part 5
Cobra Corps vs Crimson Dawn
Cobra Corps vs Crimson Dawn part 2
The pirate war
The pirate war part 2
Coruscant social events
Cobra business part 6
Task Force First Descent: harbingers of death
Cobra business part 7
Cobra's campaign and expansion
The Ssi Ruu campaign
The captain and the girl
The captain and the girl part 2
March of the ten thousand
Extra-galactic campaigns
Anaxes debate
Troubles in Lothal
Years 4-2 BBY
Year 1 BBY
Galactic Civil War begins
Mid-Rim offensive
Cobra attack on Mustafar
Crimson Dawn's auction
Crimson war
Escalation
A new world
War of the gods
Chaoskampf
Fehtan's rebellion
Betrayal
State of the galaxy
Cobra's holdings
A sith returns
A world below
Weapons and armor
Forging an alliance
Forging an alliance part 2
War between Akkad and Lanka
Holy war
Semiramis' Regency
Warlord era

Birth of an empire

159 4 0
By SithTrooperO9

A/N: Cobra's Ssi Ruuvi campaign, this part of the story, takes place during the last months of the year 5 BBY.
______________________________________

         -at the main Cobra garrison-

''That's an amazing tale, captain.'' I remarked as Captain Kassus finished telling me of what he and the other lost troopers did. ''You led 10,000 troops to survive with enemies all around you. I'm very much impressed, Captain Kassus.''

''Thank you sir, but it's truly the men who did their best.'' Captain Kassus replied. ''As for the villagers, sir, I hope that you can give them new homes somewhere safe.''

''I will, captain. You have my word.'' I told him. ''From your story, I conclude that you and Tina Lykos have grown quite close, captain.''

''She's a brave girl if I do say so myself, sir.'' Captain Kassus said. ''She learns fast and I won't have survived if it weren't for her.''

''I'm glad to see that you are starting to form bonds with the others, captain.'' I said and I just got a new updated report.

''What is it, sir?''

''I had given the ssi ruuvi an ultimatum, Captain Kassus.'' I told the captain. ''A chance to accept Cobra's victory and give us territory. An offer it seems that they are refusing to accept.''

''We should just wipe them out, sir. No mercy to them.''

''On that, I'm agreeing with you, Captain Kassus. If it's annihlation that the ssi ruuvi want, it is one wish that I'll grant them.'' I said and stood up from my desk to look at the troops from the window. ''You said that you saw old, abandoned buildings did you, captain?''

''Yes, sir. When I spoke to the people of the planet, they only told me stories like how they're haunted places.'' the captain said. ''Cursed places of sin that the gods destroyed centuries ago.''

''Most fascinating indeed, captain.'' I remarked. ''Come. Walk with me, Captain Kassus. Let's inspect the troops.''

(a few minutes later)

''Tina, it's not that I don't believe you but, it's just so hard to believe that it's true.'' Uri Penta said regarding Tina's story. ''Who knew that Captain Rokossovsky of all people can be like that?''

''He's not so bad once you get to know him, big sister.'' Tina said. ''He's actually a lot nicer than he appears or is willing to admit. And he's only 23 years old.''

''23?'' Uri repeated and burst out laughing. The stern and stoic, no nonsense Captain Kassus K. Rokossovsky being only 23 years old sounded more like a joke. When she looked at Tina's face, she stopped laughing. ''You're serious, aren't you?''

''Yes. I'm very serious.''

''He's only 23 years old!?'' Uri Penta couldn't believe it. She thought Captain Kassus was in his mid 30s. This meant he was about 2-3 years older than the grand general and younger than herself.

''There's the captain with the grand general.'' Tym informed them. ''Think he told the grand general about you, Tina?'' he asked but the girl just went out to meet the captain. ''Welp. She just went out.''

''How you doin' girl?'' Captain Kassus asked as he put his hand on Tina's head.

''Do you have to call her 'girl', captain?'' I asked Captain Kassus.

''Easier than calling them by their actual names, sir.'' Captain Kassus answered but it was clear he grew fond of the girl.

''Captain Kassus.'' Uri Penta called the captain as she came out of the tent. ''Thank you, captain. For protecting my little sister while she was away. You have our gratitude.''

''Just do your duties well without failure and we're square, Penta.'' Captain Kassus replied to Uri Penta. ''Great. You're all making me sobby now.''

''Don't tell me that you're going soft, captain.'' Tina teased Captain Kassus.

''Da fuqs that suppose to mean, girl?'' Captain Kassus asked and I chuckled at their banter. It was nice to see that not everything around here was all dark and gloom. It was... refreshing to see.
______________________________________

-Battle of the Ssi Ruuk star cluster-

On the ssi ruuvi imperium's home planet of Lwhekk, a massive Cobra fleet had engaged the ssi ruuvi navy. Deep in the southern portions of the Unknown Regions, the ssi ruuvi imperium was fighting a war for the right to exist against the Cobra. The first batch of sovereign class star dreadnoughts were completed and they were called to battle in the ssi ruuvi campaign.

A vastator star destroyer- the Judgement- fired it's axial superlaser cannon at a ssi ruuvi ship and the power of the blast destroyed four more nearby ships. The sovereign star dreadnoughts' flanks were protected by the nemesis class frigates and they unleashed the swarms of tie annihlators and extinction class bombers. Seven squadrons of tie drones protected the extinction bombers and distracted the ssi ruuvi starfighters;  and the extinction class bombers swept the ssi ruuvi ships. The vastator star destroyers used the interdiction field generators built into them to bring harrowers and more vastators upon the ssi ruuvi ships, cutting them off as they were positioned that way.

''The ssi ruuvi have lost 47% of their fleet composition, lord Salazar.'' a sith cultist working as a technician aboard the Morning-Star reported to me.

''Good. What is the status of the other task forces?'' I asked.

''Showing same levels of success, my lord.'' he replied.

''Tell the second wave to launch;  move back by two kilometers and attack the ssi ruuvi fleet.'' I ordered. ''Tell two vastators and six harrowers to move to their rear and cut off any attempts at a retreat.''

''Yes my lord. Relaying your command now.''

As two vastators and six harrowers moved to get behind the ssi ruuvi fleet, the second wave of Cobra starfighters moved out from the hangars. They moved behind the fleet and scattered;  coming around and devastating the ssi ruuvi ships. Their capital world's defense fleet was finished and the Cobra warships opened fire, destroying them down to the last ship. The Cobra fleet then reformed itself so that a base delta zero protocol, or an orbital bombardment, may be commenced on Lwhekk.

''All capital ships are in position for the base delta zero protocol, my lord.'' a sith cultist reported.

''You may fire when ready.'' I gave the command and all cannons pointed straight at Lwhekk.

The turbolasers, missile launchers and phasers aboard the numerous warships of Cobra were aimed at Lwhekk and they opened fire. A rain of dark blue plasma- more powerful than the ones on regular ISDs, made stronger with Elder Thing technology, Akkadian spice and Hapan dark energy- made it's way to the planet. A massive fire came over the forests of Lwhekk as the dark blue fire wiped out much of them. Missiles carrying power equivalent to nukes too were fired and the phasers rapidly fired. A rain of fire and brimstone on the ssi ruuvi as if it was a judgement from a higher power swept across them, burning forests and boiling entire seas. Mountains collapsed and so did entire cities on the surface;  Cobra had wiped out life on Lwhekk as it is and Cobra claimed victory.

''From readings, my lord, it appears that there is no longer any life on Lwhekk.'' a sith cultist reported. ''Nothing survived the orbital bombardment. The planet is but a smoldering nuclear waste of magma.''

''Just to be certain, send a squad of tie drones to investigate.'' I ordered.

''As you command, my lord.'' the cultist said and relayed the order.

Roxanna approached me to ask about our next move. ''What will we do now, my lord?'' she asked. ''Do we go to the other planets?''

''Once we have confirmation, yes.'' I replied. After a couple of minutes, reports came in and it confirmed that no life was on Lwhekk. ''We move onto the next planet.''

(at another battle)

Tie drones and tie annihlators swooped down in all their fury and devastated the ssi ruuvi at another planet. The shadow legions of Cobra came down to battle against the bipedal lizard peoples of the Unknown Regions. The dark armies of Cobra charged at the ssi ruu furiously into the frey and delivering carnage onto the battlefield, decimating their alien oppnents. As if in a day of religious celebration, their movements were like dancing as they slew their opponents by the hundreds. Wraith troopers fighting alongside sith knights, the dread and terror of the successor army of the ancient sith, Old Akkad and the grand clone army of the republic befell upon the ssi ruuvi;  and the ssi ruuvi knew their chances of victory was gone.

I rode atop Fenrir, my trusted wolf companion, and I looked over the battlefield. Sith knights held their lightsabers supported by spear-poles and they held their energy shields up. They moved in a formation-shields defending them and lightsaber spears pointed at the enemy-and the horde of ssi ruuvi charged at them. The wraith troopers fired their blasters and artillery at the ssi ruuvi and many dozens fell down dead. The ssi ruuvi engaged the wall of energy shields and the sith knights moved back slowly. The oppurtunity was clear.

''Troopers! Equip sabres!'' I shouted at the sith knights and cataphracts. We then charged down and attacked the ssi ruuvi.

The sith knights rammed their shields at the ssi ruuvi and attacked their enemies. Hundreds were being cut down and the cataphracts, both wraith troopers and sith, slammed into the ssi ruuvi horde. A mountain of corpses was all that remained and the Cobra legions moved to attack the final stronghold of the ssi ruuvi. Transporters came down bringing with them more vehicles and we went to sack their last city.

The walls of the city were destroyed by the tusks of the powerful AT-HFWs or anacondas and dozens of tanks and walkers stormed in. Battalions upon battalions, legion after legion of wraith troopers came storming in. Buildings burned down and the streets were painted in blood. Dust and fire was on the streets and so was clashing steel of the vehicles. Speeders hovered about, chasing those fleeing, and Cobra war chariots charged in and blasted at the ssi ruuvi. Artillery droids fired their payload and starfighters flew down to destroy the enemy fortifications. The sith legions came and their lightsabers reeked of the blood of the ssi ruuvi they slew. The city, from it's foundations to it's parapets, was thoroughly sacked and all it's valuables were looted by the wraith troopers.

I looked at the devastation atop Fenrir and I could not help but smile at this. For a military leader raised in a warlike society like Akkadia, this was an artistic masterpiece. Perhaps even Thrawn would enjoy the sight of this. The city was sacked thoroughly;  those of the ssi ruuvi that survived the campaign were to be deported to the mines of Cobra territory. The wraith troopers took the ssi ruuvi survivors in chains and they were all taken to the transport ships. Then, they took out the treasures of the ssi ruuvi and carried them off as plunder and booty.

A sith sorcerer inscriped on a victory stele the victory of Cobra so that the campaign against the ssi ruuvi imperium may be forever remembered. He wrote, ''The great armies of Salazar Covraii has won against the ssi ruuvi in a great campaign. Unrivalled king of the universe, king of Akkad and dark lord of the sith, who's armies know no equal, they smashed and destroyed the star systems of the enemy. With a heavy blow, they destroyed the Ssi Ruuk and carried off plunder as numerous as the stars of night. The terror and dread of the dark lord's armies have been made known to those that face him and all who defy him, death is their rightful lot.''

''How many deportees are there?'' I asked.

''50,000 from this planet alone, my lord.'' Roxanna answered. ''With the rest of the others, I think the total is about a few million.'' she said.

''Have them all taken to the mines and work-pits on my home system, Angmar, Exegol and Ziost.'' I ordered.

''My lord, the elder sith sorcerers who work on Kadath Station say they have a present for you.'' Roxanna informed me. ''One you must win by passing through a test. Honestly, never liked the elder sorcerers. They may not be all powerful but they hold secrets not even Nymeria knows about.

''Then, I guess I'm returning to Angmar for the first time. Prepare to depart for Angmar, Roxanna.'' I told her and she left the scene. I stayed for quite a bit longer to look at the 'work of art' that I created.

Altogether, I conquered all the 50,000 planets and more that made up the Ssi Ruuvi Imperium. From the very borders of the Chiss Ascendency all the way to the south western edges of the known galaxy, I called my empire. The people that ssi ruuvi had enslaved, I liberated and made them my subjects;  humans who are descendants of lost expedition and colonization missions, they call me king now. Now, the territory of Cobra now constituted the Seswenna Sector, all of sith space, the star system of Kadath and now the conquered Ssi Ruuvi Imperium;  Akkadia was the capital at the centre of all this. A secret empire in the heart of an established government and only those part of it knew of it's existence.
______________________________________

             -the Kadath star system-

''What do you think this 'gift' is, Roxanna, Nymeria?'' I asked the two sith women.

''No idea, my lord.'' Roxanna answered.

''I too am clueless but I know it will be worth your time, my lord.'' was Nymeria's answer. ''Perhaps it's an ancient sith relic that they kept hidden;  revealed now because Snoke is dead.''

''Woah!'' Hadad exclaimed as he saw the ginormous machine around the dark star Kadath. ''What's that, Sal?''

''Welcome to the star system of Kadath, everyone.'' I told them. ''This was where I learnt the force and became a sith. It's been a few years since I returned to the Kadath system. Left it and didn't bother coming back.''

''I don't blame you, my lord.'' Roxanna said her opinion. ''Everywhere else is just better than old, gloomy Angmar and Exegol.''

''Can't believe ve are coming back again after... I don't quite remember but ja understand, right Hans?'' Gunther asked his friend.

''Yep.'' replied Hans.

''Your first time in the Kadath system, isn't it, Captain Kassus?'' I asked the captain.

''It is, sir.'' Captain Kassus replied. ''You told me bits of it but never the whole thing.''

''I wish to forget this place sometimes. If has a feel that makes it rather... unnatural and haunting at times.'' I told him. ''Dock at Kadath Station and prepare an escort party for me.''

''As you command, lord Salazar.'' a sith cultist said and the Morning-Star soon docked at Kadath Station. After that, I walked out and was met by the elder sith sorcerers.

''We welcome you to Kadath Station once more, lord Salazar Covraii;  dark lord of the Sith Eternal, heir to Snoke and king of Akkadia.'' An elder sith sorcerer said. ''Please. Let us escort you into the station's inner chambers.''

''Is it alright if I bring some escorts with me?'' I asked.

''You are the dark lord. Your words are law to us.''

''Very well then.'' I shook my hand and my guards along with a few vanguard wraiths followed me. As we entered three rooms, a hover-lift came off the floor and took us to another level of the station. There, we walked and the sorcerers were waiting for us in greater number.

''Tell them to wait here, my lord.'' the elder sorcerer told me. ''They must remain here for what lies ahead, only someone of your magnitude can do.''

''Remain here, all of you.'' I ordered them. ''I won't be long.'' I added and walked with the elder sorcerer. As we entered through six more chambers, I stood in the middle of a platform with four purple crystals around me. ''Now what?''

''Control the crystals and dominate the power within them.'' the elder sorcerer told me. ''Only then can the door be opened.''

''Huh? What does that- grah!'' I suddenly grunted in pain as lightning from the crystals attacked me. It hurt a lot and I was forced on one knee;  my anger quickly rose at this and I called on the dark side. I held out my hand and the lightning came to my hands instead. The crystals started losing life and I absorbed the power of the crystals. Then, I used it and shot it at the door, opening it.

''Amazing, lord Salazar. You truly- woah!'' the elder sith sorcerer was suddenly force pushed by me as I still felt a bit angry. ''I suppose I deserve that for not warning you, my lord.''

''If I'm the dark lord and my word is law, you deserved it big time.''

''Fair enough, my lord. Now, let us continue forth.'' the elder sorcerer said and as we entered, I saw the portal to what looked a gigantic black hole. ''The largest black hole in our universe, my lord. Has swallowed numerous stars over it's many billion year long life. A centre of absolute power.''

''That's nice and all but what do you want me to do with it? Absorb it's power?'' I asked rather sarcastically but the elder sorcerer had a serious no nonsence expression. ''You're serious, aren't you?''

''I do not understand the concept of a joke, my lord. Reach out to the heart of the dark side and absorb the power of that black hole. That sorceress of your's was only partially right;  you're only partially immortal. Absorb that in the same way Darth Nihilus eats the essence of planets and you will achieve greater power and immortality.''

''Fine. Once it's over and I don't give you a force lightning shock, it means I'm not the same person.'' I told him and sat down in a meditative pose, focusing deeply in the dark side.

(with the escorts)

''I hope lord Salazar doesn't take long.'' Selene spoke, expressing her concerns at the moment to the others.

''Never been this deep into Kadath Station before.'' Nymeria remarked.

''Really, Nymeria?'' Roxanna questioned. ''Huh. That's surprising.''

''Did the Eternal build this station, Marshal Roxanna?'' Captain Kassus asked.

''No, captain. This station is older than you imagine. Built by a race of ancient aliens we just call 'Elder Things'. The Eternal's technology is reverse engineered from their own technology.'' Roxanna explained.

''Uh... guys. What's that?'' Anastasia asked as a terrifying slime monster came out.

''A shoggoth?'' Nymeria exclaimed. ''Snoke told me about them. They were the slave monsters of the Elder Things. I thought they were all dead. These elder sorcerers nor Snoke told me they were still around.''

''Okay. How do we stop it?'' Anastasia asked as she and her death troopers were firing at the slimy monster.

The slimy monster grew tentacles with spikes and attacked the Cobra troops. Blaster fire seemed to not work on them and the shoggoth absorbed them, converting them to it's own energy and used it to attack them. The vanguard wraiths ignited their lightsabers to attack but it was useless on the shoggoths. A thermal detonator was thrown but it too was useless. They fired ion blasts and that too did not work. Neither Selene nor Roxanna were helpful in this situation it seemed. As more shoggoths came, the Cobra forces were surrounded. Then, Nymeria force pushed them and she shot her force lightning.

'The force. That's it!' Nymeria figured it out. 'The shoggoths turned on the Elder Things once their force connection was dying. That's the answer.' Nymeria then reached out to the dark side and she force crushed the shoggoths. She entered their minds and began to gain control of it. ''Use the force! Dominate their weak minds and control them.''

The other sith heard this and they reached out to the force, using it on the shoggoths. The slimy monsters began to weaken and with the overwhelming mental power of the sith, they were subdued. The shoggoths would now serve all of the Sith Eternal, not just the elder sorcerers.

(back in the chamber)

I meditated deeply, reaching out to the dark side and my lightsaber Vajra was lifted. Vajra deconstructed and it's crystal hovered. It then flew out to the portal and into the black hole;  I shot force lightning at the black hole and I focused my force powers. My body turned to black mist and I followed Vajra's crystal into the heart, the singularity of the black hole. The elder sorcerer looked at the portal, waiting for several minutes and was suddenly sent back by a powerful shock wave.

He got back up and when he looked up, he saw a black form like living shadow surrounded by fire. It was me and I took form, coming down to my knees in near exhaustion and on my hand was Vajra's crystal. ''Lord Salazar, are you okay?'' he asked and I sent him flying with a stream of force lightning. ''I think that means yes.''

''Well, I'm not doing that anytime soon.'' I muttered and reassembled Vajra. ''Was that all, elder?''

''No, lord Salazar. Look behind you.'' he said and I looked back. What I saw didn't look so grand, neither did it radiate anything.

''What is it?''

''The eternal throne.'' he answered and it greatly surprised me. ''At least, what remained of it and partially repaired. Your fleets can be commanded with the eternal throne by your side, my lord.''

I was speechless to hear of this as I knew what the eternal throne was capable of. I opened the chambers and saw my escorts with... slime monsters of sorts. ''What did I miss?'' I asked them.

''Nothing much of interest, lord Salazar.'' Roxanna replied. ''Are you finished with whatever the sorcerers ask of you, my lord?''

''Yes, I think. Get a party ready. We have something to move.'' I said as I wanted the eternal throne to be on my palace at Nineveh.
______________________________________

      -Khorsabad, Nineveh, Akkadia-

We had returned to Akkadia now that the Ssi Ruuvi campaign was over. I had the eternal throne moved from Kadath Station to my palace of Khorsabad. I talked with the sorcerers and it was possible what I wished: to share this immortality equally with my wives and concubines and sister.

''Sal! You're back!'' Prisca exclaimed as she entered the room along with Kore, Myranda and my older sister. ''We missed you.'' she said as she hugged me.

''How was the campaign, Sal?'' Kore asked.

''The Ssi Ruuvi is defeated.'' I answered. ''Their territory is part of Cobra's now. There is a reason I called you all here.'' I said and just then, my sith concubines, Anastasia and Inanna entered. ''All of you, come closer.''

''What is it, lord Salazar?'' Roxanna asked. ''New orders? Fresh campaigns?''

''No. Something else.'' I told them. ''I consulted the elder sith sorcerers yesterday and they gave me a most favourable answer. I have achieved what many sith have dreamed of and desired: immortality.'' I told them and everyone except Roxanna and Nymeria were surprised.

''But, me and Roxanna already know that, my lord.'' Nymeria said.

''The elder sorcerer said that it was only a partial immortality, Nymeria. After what happened in Kadath, I have achieved true immortality.''

''Sal, that's great but... if you live forever, what about the rest of us?'' Prisca asked.

''Brother,'' my sister raised her concerns, ''you achieved immortality, something which even the hero Gilgamesh could not attain. But, we are still mortal. We will all die someday while you remain the same. I'd hate to see your tears on that dreadful day, my brother.''

''That day will not come.'' I told them all. ''I consulted the elder sorcerers and they have told me that my immortality can be shared. There will be no need for shed tears;  we will be together, for eternity. Now, ready yourselves, all of you.'' I told them and I started focusing my powers. I sent a burst of dark side energy at them and gave them all a type of immortality. An eternal king with his eternal kingdom and eternal family.

(two hours later, Khorsabad throne)

I called a meeting with all my wives, each a head of a governmental department, my trusted advisors and ministers like Adad-Nirari and finally, my highest ranking military commanders. I stood up from my throne and they all looked at me.

''I am pleased to announce that Cobra has won it's campaign against the Ssi Ruuvi Imperium in the Unknown Regions.'' I began. ''Cobra has annexed all of their territories and deported the last remnants of their species;  in their place, we have sent people of our own to populate and live in them. Admiral Cornelius has reported that systems far away in galaxies beyond have been won back. People who are descendants of Akkadians of long ago have rekindled with their brethren and accepted my rule. Our territories now include more than 50,100 star systems scattered througout the galaxy and dozens more star systems beyond it. On this day, I now declare the formation of the Eternal Empire of the Cobra!''
______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.1K 103
This is a Star Wars fanfic where instead of Yoda assigning Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, he breaks the Jedi code and gives him an additional one. This...
416 13 13
Darth Aolroth embraces his destiny given to him by the Holocron. Now taking his master's place as a Sith Lord, Darth Aolroth fights for the Empire...
214 2 10
This will begin my sequel rewrites! You may be wondering, what about The Force Awakens!? It's simple. I LOVE The Force Awakens. It was my first Star...
919 0 8
This is the first part in my rewrite of the Star Wars prequels. I'm gonna be making both small and big changes to parts of the story and try to make...