Leave It All Behind - Katsuki...

By HoneyBee023

(y/n) Tsuchiya, a confident aspiring young hero, must learn to let go of the past in order to find new meanin... More

Information
Leave It All Behind
Departure
First Day
Testing
The way home
House call
Training Exercise
The Attack
Powerless
Useless
Bingo
Confrontational
The walk home
Get ready
The race
Cavalry battle
Umito Oohashi
Our promise
The Finish Line
Metamorphosis
Metamorphosis 1.5
Lucky part 2
The Next Step
Ghosts
Obsidium
Internships
Training
Aftermath
First day home
Another predicament
Interesting Opportunity
Next To You
Monday
Betrayal
The Test
The Exam
The Arrival
A True Hero
Remembrance
Leave It All Behind
Wanting
Back into the swing of things
The Time Between
The Beach
The Fires Glow
Training camp

Hero Name

71 5 1
By HoneyBee023

-----

"Well, she is correct. I'll be having Ms. Midnight evaluate your naming sense," Aizawa said as Midnight made her way into the classroom. "The way your futures end up will approach the image projected by the names you choose. It's all down to the old phrase, "Names and nature often agree.""

-- 15 minutes later

You stared at your blank boards. You could see Mina bursting at the seams, waiting to share her name. Katsuki looked excited as well, or as much as he would let it show.

"Alright, it's almost time for those who're ready to present their names for the class!"

Aoyama was the first to volunteer. He shakily walked to the front of the class, white board in hand.

"Here it comes... the name of the sparkling hero... I CANNOT STOP TWINKLING!"

"That's a whole damn sentence," you thought to yourself, but, It was better than what you had so far, which was nothing.

"How about we change it to "can't stop twinkling." it's easier to remember and shorter!"

"Too right, mademoiselle."

Mina was next in line. "Alien Queen," which was also the name of the main villain in a popular horror movie, was quickly turned down for obvious reasons. It was a good start, but you could tell why midnight disapproved.

"Is it okay if I go next?" Tsu asked, raising her hand. Midnight approved and Tsu walked to the front of the room.

"I've known since elementary school which name, I wanted to be... Froppy!" she spoke. It was a good choice, and so far, the first one to be accepted right off the bat.

"Use her well liked model as a guide for your own names!"

This was when you started to panic. In a rush, you pulled out your phone and hid it under the desk. Your only real hope was to google superhero name generator until you found something that made sense. Of course, your efforts were in vain, as the only thing closest to a real hero name was "Fist punch man." And that wouldn't work.

Kirishima was next to the front of the class. Then Jiro, shoji, and Sero. Thiers were creative, but it looked like you weren't the only one struggling.

Midoriya who only sat a few seats away from you gripped his marker and stared down at the board. A bead of sweat dropped down his forehead, and he was clearly more stressed than you.

"Tsuchiya, are you having any trouble?" Midnight looked over you, down to the hero name generator, and back to you.

"Um, yeah, kind of," you said with a small chuckle.

"Well, your quirk has to do with stength, try thinking of something that reminds you of it, and go with that," she suggested. You nodded and thanked her, picking up your marker and jotting down the first thing you thought of.

"Can I go now?" you asked. Midnight approved and you walked to the front of the class with a newfound confidence.

"Iron Mauler."

--

"Lord explosion murder, are you fucking kidding me? Is that seriously all you could come up with?"

"Well, it's no better than goddamn Iron Mauler,"

"WELL AT LEAST MINE HAS MEANING! WHAT THE FUCK IS A LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!?" you yelled in Katsuki's face. Your first lesson brought you all the way into lunch period, which was still pretty early in the day.

"YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!" he yelled back.

"Oh shut the fuck up, as if," you snapped back as the two of you hopped into the back of the lunch line.

Your name had been rejected, as midnight said it sounded too villainous. So, you, as well as a few others, decided to use your first name. It worked well enough for you.

-- One week later

"Your workplace study will last one week, and where you choose is essential. For those with nominations, I will be handing out individual lists so choose from what's listed in yours. As for those who haven't received any nominations, these are the 40 national agencies that are offering."

Aizawa passed out the printed lists. You looked at the five double sided pages that had been given to you. Only one stood out.

It was one who had caught your attention the day he first debuted. His hero name being Obsidium, and quirk being Obsidian. He could harden his body to a nearly unbreakable state, making his skin nearly impenetrable. He was also one of the youngest hero's to make it to the top ten, achieving it only two years after his graduation. 

He had sharp features, and an aloof attitude, but every time he was seen with fans, everything seemed to soften up. He was the last on your long list of names, but the one you'd choose without a doubt. Not because of his outstanding accomplishments and power, but because he was the hero you wanted to be. 

"So, who are you going to choose?" you asked Todoroki. You wanted to make up for beating the shit out of him by trying to make amends with friendly conversation.

"The Endeavor Agency. What about you?"

"The Obsidium agency. He made the top ten last year, and he's one of my favorite pros, so he was the obvious choice," you said with a smile. Todoroki nodded, and looked back at his paper, circling the name of his dad's agency.

The bell rang for your English period, and you headed back to your seat. Present mic walked in, peppy and cheery as usual, and the lesson began right away.

You wrote down the same question you asked Todoroki and handed it to Katsuki. He looked at you, confused, and opened the note, and quickly jotted down his answer.

"Best jeanist, You?"

"Obsidium. Maybe he can teach you how to actually dress."

He crumpled up the note, not seeing any need to respond, and the two of you paid attention to the lesson ahead of you.

-- After school

"I got something to take care of, so head on without me," you said to Katsuki, heading in the opposite direction of the door.

"I didn't plan on waiting for you anyway!"

You chuckled a bit, swiftly walking down the hallway to the teacher's office. Aizawa would likely be there, and you could tell him which agency you'd be choosing.

"Mr. Aizawa!" you yelled, swinging the door open. It was a bit dramatic, but you had no time to waist. There were still other things you needed to get done before you got home.

"Tsuchiya, what are you doing here?"

"I know which agency I'm going to choose,"

Aizawa got a paper out, ready to write down and fill out the paperwork.

"I'm going to choose the Obsidium agency." you said plainly. He looked surprised, most likely because Obsidium wasn't one for taking on interns as he expressed in his interviews, but he must have been trying it out.

"Ok, you're all good to go," he said, getting back to work.

You had one more pitstop before heading home. Your last stop was the animal shelter. It had been two weeks, and if you were lucky, hopefully you'd be heading home with a new dog.

--

"What the hell do you mean he was adopted? by who!?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, we can't disclose that information to you."

The front desk lady shielded her face as you angerly stared over the desk.

"Hey, idiot, get away from the damn counter!" Katsuki yelled from the counter. He held the puppy in his arms, wrapped warmly between his chest and jacket.

"Oh my god I am so sorry," you said to the desk lady before running over to Katsuki. "When did you get him?"

"Right after school. I was waiting in my mom's car, but you completely ignored us and ran inside. It can stay at my house, but he's your damn dog, so you're going to have to walk it and pick up it's shit."

"Thank you so much, I thought he was gone forever," you laughed and fake cried, taking him out of Katsuki's coat.

"So, are you going to name him or what?"

"I actually already had one in mind. Umi, short for Umito?"

"Why that?"

"It means a lot to me. It's the name of one of my first, and best friends from back home."

-----

A/N: This is kinda a shit chapter, but I'll probably edit it later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

749K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
299K 9.1K 37
----------------------------- "Do you love me? It doesn't matter, anyways. You're mine." -------------- Y/N, a class 1-A student attending UA academy...
27.8K 810 22
You are broccoli boy's cousin that had to move away from a very young age, leaving behind all your friends including him. Years later, through an all...
53.2K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...