Cwtch

By SkyWrites102

When Chaewon came to WM, she was poor as a rat. Her only hope was to debut under WM, one of the leading Enter... More

Where are we? Where we are.
One Under The Stars
Sending off Namjoon Appa
Confrontations
Recording
Back where we were
Little things
Affinity
Where it all started
How it goes
Sold out
Beginning another Journey
Music In Pursuit
Loving Yuri; A Challenge For The Weak
Eazy Peazy, Lemon Squeezy!
Here And Now
Two Months Engaged
The part where I say I do
The part where I say I do too

What The Future Looks Like

5 0 0
By SkyWrites102

Chaewon's POV:

It's been three years since we got married. Two years since our first child was born. Her name is Kim Jayeon, after one of Minjoo's Characters she played previously. Crown Princess Ahn Jayeon. Though she died in this K-Drama after just two episodes, I like the name Jayeon. Which means Kind. We picked that name in the hopes that our daughter will be kind and graceful. That she may stay kind despite any adversity she might face in the future. Though as a parent you could only pray that your kids never go through the same ordeal you've dealt with growing up. Jayeon was showing interest with cooking, she's always by Yuri's side helping her chop some vegetables at the age of two. It's cute but becoming worrisome to watch her handle a small paring knife. Since it wasn't meant for cutting root crop vegetables such as carrots and potatoes. But it was a knife she could handle without hurting herself. Sometimes I wonder how Yuri wasn't afraid that her two year old child could handle a knife with ease. I can't watch them cook together as I feel anxious and worried for my aegi. Jayeon and Haneul were best buddies, Haneul was Minjoo and Kwangbae's first born child, born a week after our Jayeon was born. Haneul looked so much like Haneul Appa. He's a gentleman and a softie like Minjoo, it's easy to make him cry as exhibited by Jayeon who got her temperamental brat nature from Yuri and I, it's a headache if I was being honest. Out of all the traits she could've gotten from me it had to be my temper. Jayeon wasn't patient and would often have outbursts like I did and Haneul would often offer her candies or treats so she would stop having outbursts. She looks more like Yuri with a short temper like me. Haneul looks like Haneul Appa but more gentle and soft spoken unlike Haneul Appa who was always noisy and loved being the center of attention. Haneul was a pacifist and Jayeon had him wrapped around her little finger. I imagined Haneul as Haneul Appa's younger self if she's soft spoken and gentle. Haneul Appa was always tough love and boisterous, she sings mid-sermons. She's like a wise woman but on crack. Jayeon and Haneul were adorable nonetheless, it's Christmas and the kids, Minjoo, Wonyoung, Haneul and Jayeon came with us to the Philippines to see our extended family.

Haneul Appa must be proud of us for keeping up with our visits to her grave. We also found a diary entry from Seri Eomma's diary that Yunjin gave to us, her last and final entry detailing her last wishes. We're working towards granting them. Dayeon Haelmoni and Alexandrov Harabeoji were dead already and they were cremated and kept at their house and her brother was always busy anyway so we're reaching out to her brother to get his permission to rebury Seri Eomma in the Philippines together with Haneul Appa. He still hasn't responded yet, but Korea had a thirty years rule where in you could be buried at a cemetery both private and public for about 30 years and after that your body would be exhumed and the family needs to find another burial place for you. Which is why many families opt for cremation and keep their loved ones close by, some even wear the ashes on a vial as a pendant. We aren't sure what will happen to Eomma's body as of yet but we wanted her to be beside her partner as she revealed in her diary. We gathered in San Fernando together with our children, Haneul Appa's parents were already retired and living in the Philippines. They manage a Restaurant owned by Skyler Harabeoji called Haneul's Fusion Restaurant which was a perfect melting pot of the three cultures she grew up with. Italian, Korean and Filipino fusion was something not yet seen in the market. So, it was a hit in the Philippines especially their Barbecue Fusion. Where a sample platter was presented to the customer, divided in three sections, the first being Filipino Barbecued meat, second was the Korean style Barbecued meat and the Italian style Barbecued meat. Everything was perfect and Skyler Harabeoji was the man behind the dishes, it's something that her daughter loves to eat. It's sort of an ode to Haneul Appa's life and love, a pure celebration of her life. He's now known to our kids as Skyler Harabeoji, he loved seeing our kids, always giving them gifts for their birthdays and Christmas. Just like this year when we went here, our arrival was again a big event as Haneul Appa's cousins came to pick us up, with welcome home banners. It's ridiculous but always fun and warm to see, how they are all excited for us to come as if we were their own blood and I guess we were rightfully their own blood, we shared a common love for Haneul Appa. 

We now sat at their wide living room, exchanging gifts, the kids were allowed to stay up until 11 p.m. but as some were too young, they were sent off to their rooms to sleep at around 8 p.m. We gather all the gifts we had for them and as each family were called on to present their gifts for everyone, it's going to be a long night indeed filled with fun and excitement. Having a Filipino family as big as this family was a dream we all had for our kids. Someday, when they grow up, we will tell them why we spent Christmases with this part of our extended family, we will get to tell them about Haneul Appa and how she protected and loved their parents. How she and Seri Eomma were the two sole people who we trusted and depended on heavily for our survival and how we were all thrown off our orbits and floated away for some time and found our bearings back and continue with our life. How these two loved and fought and loved some more. How it all played out for us and we made it to become their parents. Yuri sat beside me and she puts her head on my shoulder, a smile to her face and the warmth we have been receiving from this family. We were just their mere acquaintances to them but after the first five years after their death, that first time we came here, we were welcomed and treated as if we were Haneul, their cousin who died and gave them twelve more people to love and be reminded of her. I put an arm around her as we watched the fun and excitement each one had. Then the ten second cold air we always feel followed by the fifteen second one for Seri Eomma. Yuri and I looked into each other's eyes. A smile beginning to form in our lips. 

"We love you too, Haneul Appa and Seri Eomma, Merry Christmas." We both said into the air. 

It was true, when we say things like this. Our love for both Dorm Parents made a quiet resonant feeling. It showed whenever we had some hard times, some bad times and some good times. We as a team had that bond where we often stay beside each other and sing songs to cheer each other up, like how Haneul Appa used to sing songs to us mid-sermons. There was no other one like Haneul Appa and so we leave the mid-sermon song number to her and have since moved forward with our own comforting style when it came to music. It was also true that some of us only moves along but the grief was always within us, we approached this topics carefully, unlike the previous years where we would have screaming and shouting fights within the team, ridiculing someone for their inability to accept that Seri Eomma and Haneul Appa were gone forever. That no matter how each member tried to comprehend the ways we lost both dorm parents, we each had our own coping mechanism and for some of us we chose to keep busy and some chose to cry and wallow away their time crying for someone we can't clearly have back. As soon as we realized that this was real and this was our new normal, we each had to stand up and carry what we can, whether the immense pain or the just the memories of these two, we carried it with us and we never missed a chance to say out loud how much they were missed and loved. How we all wish they were here with us to meet our children, how we wish they were here to meet the current members of the team and how we have grown so much since they left us. Ever since they left us, we all made a name for ourselves, we all raised our kids and everyone became like family, everyone grew up and everyone was a better version of themselves. 

The Morning After Christmas Eve

We were awoken by the noise our kids made, some loud shrieking and tiny footsteps running around the room. I was first to wake up to check up on our Jayeon, I found her shrieking in annoyance at someone. Her Auntie Brenda comforting her and shielding her against another kid named Barkley, Kuya Brent's son who was same aged as our Jayeon. Jayeon held a doll against her chest as Brenda, Haneul Appa's younger cousin hugged Jayeon. I got down to Jayeon's level, she was crying her heart out and I asked her.

"What happened, sweetheart?" I asked her. 

"Barley wanted to cut my doll's arms o-ooff, he-he says doll is ugly." She coughs out. 

"I didn't say that! I just wanted to pay with hewr she doesn't wanna pay with me." Barkley reasoned.

Brenda spoke to me.

"Barkley then grabbed her doll and said it's ugly they should cut her arms off, so I've been trying to stand between them, Ate Chaewon." Brenda explained. 

"I see, thank you, Brenda. I'll go take Jayeon now, you take Barkley." I replied to her with a smile. 

I scooped Jayeon up, from Brenda's arms and held her in my arms. We went to the veranda to get her some fresh air, she quietly cried in my arms. I didn't make any shushing sounds, she's going to be okay eventually, she would get tired of crying and forget that Barkley ever said her doll was ugly. Like a goldfish that has a 10 second memory of this incident. She, Barkley and Haneul were besties, they always played together with Jayeon as their Princess, the two boys always served her every whim. Minjoo and Wonyoung were always immersed with the older kids, as they show off their gadgets and play together. It was these three babies who played together mostly. I softly patted her back as she cried silently in my arms. I hummed her favorite song which was IZ*ONME's Yume Wo Miteiru Aida she loves this song so much that she always felt better when she listened to it. I hummed it for her as I waited for her sobbing to subside. It usually took her a minute and ten seconds to calm down from her sobbing whenever I hummed this song to her. Holding our Jayeon in my arms as I hummed her one of our first ever tracks we included in our debut album, one that was self-written, composed and produced by the members. Eventually after the one minute and ten second mark, her sobbing had subsided and she regulated her breathing back to normal. Until she pulls away to look up to me. I smiled and wiped her tear stained cheeks with my palms. She cutely sniffs at me and a smile slowly forms in her tiny lips. She had her Yuri Eomma's lips, her eyes were like mine and including her bad temper. She was Yuri's mini me through and through except for her bad temper. I smiled at her and sat her with me on a bench. She was still holding her doll, one that was given to her last night by her Auntie Brenda. Brenda who was now twenty-two loved our Jayeon so much, that she always gave our Jayeon beautiful things, Jayeon was equally enamored by her Auntie Brenda that she loved receiving gifts from her Auntie Brenda. To our Jayeon, her Auntie Brenda was the cool Auntie who dresses a little like Haneul Appa would dress, she thinks her Auntie Brenda was the cool and collected Aunt. Who IDGAFs about everything but her, Brenda was enamored by our Jayeon that they instantly built a bond together when they first met, Jayeon was only a few months old by then and Brenda absolutely loved Jayeon. She always carried Jayeon in her arms and Brenda would softly whisper sweet and lovely comments to our Jayeon. Her Kuya Blake, loved Haneul so much, that he always carried Haneul in his arms. Kang Haneul was beloved by Kuya Blake, because he reminded Kuya Blake of Haneul Appa if ever Haneul Appa became a man, so Kuya Blake went on to dote upon Kang Haneul, Minjoo and Wonyoung were the favorites of Kuya Brent, he was the coolest Uncle to ever Uncle in Minjoo and Wonyoung's eyes. The two were treated like they were princesses by their Uncle Brent. I guess we all knew who's who at the Sarmiento Household, It was our kids, who's the boss. The other Aunties Isabella and Brianna had their own favorite child from our bunch. Like Kang Seri from Kwangbae and Minjoo's brood was beloved by Isabella and Chaenyeol was loved by Auntie Brianna from the Miyawaki brood. 

"Mallo pyohyeonhal su eopseul mankeum saranghae." I told our Jayeon. 

Just because, I had the opportunity to express my love for her though there were no words to ever express how much I love our daughter, I would never get tired of telling her how no words could express my love for her. Never.

"Nado, Saranghae Mama." She replied to me and hugged me once again.

"Are you alright now? Did you have anything to eat yet?" I asked her. 

She shook her head shyly from side to side. 

"Aigoo, let's get you some breakfast. Lola Rica is already done preparing breakfast, say thank you to her when you get to the kitchen before you eat, arasseo?" I replied to her.

She shyly nodded at me as I carried her to the Kitchen, where Lola Rica was still preparing food for the day, her face lights up upon spotting Jayeon and I approaching her. Lola Rica was very old and could very well be retiring from Kitchen work, but she always insisted to prepare food for everyone of the brood. 

"Mangan tana kayo, Chaewon, Jayeon. Yung iba ba gising na?" She asked me. 

Lola Rica asked me to eat together with Jayeon and she also asked me if the others are already up, though it was still six in the morning, the members should be up by now.

"Hindi pa po, Lola. Pero gigisingin ko na po." I replied to her.

I told her that they weren't up yet and that I will wake the members up.

"Thank you, Wowa for breakfast." Jayeon says timidly to her.

"You're beri mats welcome, hija. Maupo ka na at kumain ka na." Lola Rica told her as she placed a kiss on Jayeon's forehead.

Lola Rica asked her to have a seat and eat breakfast already. 

I sat Jayeon at the table and she was shortly served by Brenda her breakfast of Fried Rice, Fried Egg and Tocino, something that Jayeon loved. Jayeon smiles at Brenda and I left for our rooms. I knocked incessantly on the four rooms immediately to the eastern wing of the house. Where everyone of us stayed. Yuri was first to come out of the room, her eyes still closed. 

"Jayeon is in the Kitchen already, please head to the table for breakfast." I told her lovingly.

"Mmmmmm, okay." She hummed in her husky voice. 

Then Kku Eomma and Chaen Appa came out of their room with their kids, all dressed up for breakfast in their Family's Pajamas, I say their Family's because they were color coordinated pajamas. They're the cutest bunch if I may say so myself. 

"Breakfast is being served at the table." I announced to them.

Kku Eomma and Chaen Appa smiled at us. 

"Jayeon had a crying session again huh?" Chaen Appa inquired.

"Yeah, she did." I replied to her. 

"Anak mo yan." She says to me cracking up.

Which meant in a joking manner that Jayeon was indeed my child, because Jayeon got my short temper. 

"Hindi ko naman dinedeny na anak ko nga sya." I replied to her. 

Which meant I'm not denying the fact that she was indeed my child and laughing at her joke. We loved to tease each other for all the things our children does as a reaction to a threat or horseplay the others do towards them. The stress we felt were often brushed off as a joke, because if we don't we might have lost it eons ago. The way our children behaved was something we all had control over, so Jayeon will for sure have a discussion with me later on but for now, she needs to eat her breakfast first as I try to formulate some talking points about her behavior. I would never have it any other way than this instance, chaotic and full of tears as it may be, but at least we get to talk about handling our feelings and Jayeon was still young, she has some more time to learn and to behave well towards her cousins. Yuri held me by the hand as we made our way back to the kitchen, following behind us were the rest of the members and their kid or kids. Yuri smiles at me as she asked me.

"What is it this time that Jayeon was screaming about?" She asked me.

"Barkley and her doll. It's something petty, she'll be able to handle it after breakfast." I replied to her. 

"Ugh! Why did she get your temper?" She asked me pouting.

"Because she got your lips and nose and your hard working traits." I replied to her with a hearty laugh.

Sometimes, we just have to laugh and joke around so as to not startle our children with our own emotions, it's a challenge a maddening experience even. But we were nothing short to teaching our kids how to be kind and loving to people around them and I must say, we're doing well. 

A/N:

Thanks for reading this supplementary story. I am hoping you all loved this supplement and as always, please spread light and love whenever! 

- Sky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 731 55
Yuri was kidnapped by an unknown man for revenge. For years,her family thought she was already dead... But... What if she's still alive? She came bac...
10.2K 437 34
Since YulYen sailed again in IZ*ONE ARCADE II,I decided to make a fanfic about their past lives and the present.It will be based on what the tarot-sa...
7.9K 439 50
"For every generation starting from you, the power will be passed on and that particular descendant must carry on the job of being a cupid. Simple ri...