Temporary Affair (slow update...

By KvngIvyy

Formerly titled "dear you" ______ 32, Tremaine Maverick needed help around his office. Especially after his... More

c a s t
one | dose of caffeine
two | shell shocked
three | lack of better words (filter)
four | takin' shots
five | stylish trickster
six | the who's who.. pt1
seven | the who's who.. pt 2
eight | certain circumstances
nine | friendly invitation pt 1
ten | friendly invitation pt 2
eleven | clashing
twelve | up in the air pt 1
thirteen | up in the air pt 2
fourteen | livin' it up [filter]
fifteen | a amorous proposition
sixteen | deal breaker pt 1 (filter)
seventeen| deal breaker pt 2
eighteen | checkmate
nineteen | know your worth
twenty | peace offerings
twenty one | pushing thee blame (filter)
twenty two | leftovers
twenty three | truth be told pt 1
twenty four | truth be told pt 2
twenty five | night cap
twenty six | all night long
twenty seven | risqué
twenty eight | hide & seek
twenty nine | back to square one
thirty | take notice
thirty one | private show pt 1
thirty two | private show pt 2
thirty three | shot caller (filter)
thirty four | getaway
thirty five | foolish tiff
thirty six | an us-ship
thirty seven | doing a good deed
thirty eight | date night pt1
thirty nine | date night pt2
forty| date night pt 3
forty one | opening up [short]
forty two | making it official
forty three | anticipation
forty four| taking chances pt 1
forty five | taking chances pt 2 (new)
forty six | uninvited guest (new)
forty seven| bringing out the best (new)
forty eight | rich $hit pt 1
forty nine | rich $hit pt 2
fifty | vacay mode
fifty one | airing it out
fifty two | in the moment (short)
fifty three - on the table
fifty four - setting the record straight
🖤
fifty five - not so alone (filter)
fifty six - in your arms (filter)
fifty seven - finding forgiveness
fifty eight - moments with you pt 1(filler)
sixty - all about you
sixty one | lover's den pt 1

fifty nine - moments with you pt 2

758 82 24
By KvngIvyy

{ Hi babies, hope all is well!!! Sorry for leaving yall hanging with this book. But I'll get better, again. Thanks for hanging in here with me & understanding 💖}

The clink of wine glasses, silverware, and light chatter filled the bistro. Tremaine sat massaging the back of Stevie's neck, while toying with the small curls on her hairline. As she sat engaged in a conversation with one of the wife's, of some big time executive she and Tremaine were seated at the large dinner table with.

"You look beautiful baby." Tremaine leaned over whispering into her ear, before placing a small kiss against her lobe.

Looking away from Lisa, she gave Tremaine her attention, fluttering her eyes. "Mhm, I know that already," She whispered back with sass. "When are we leaving again?" She asked frowning.

Resting his arm on the back of her chair, he leaned in closer than previously. Inhaling her perfume, he admired the glow and shimmer to her skin; from the body oil she'd used. "One more hour, kitten, and I promise we can leave, okay?" He asked planting a quick kiss on her lips.

Her frown softened instantly from the small affectionate peck."Fine." She smiled. "One more hour, Oliver." She poked his nose with her fingernail.

He gave a side smile. "Yes'mam, how bout we go have a night cap at duckies? And then go home and cuddl—"

A nasally voice, dripping with pretense, cut through the ambient chatter between the. Couple."— So, Stevie?"

The couple detached their eyes from one anothers, to look at whoever was seeking her attention. "What is it that you do, again?" Kimmy, the wife of one of the big time executives at the table with them spoke.

"Why?" Stevie asked laughing a bit. Grabbing her glass of wine up, she then straightened her posture in her seat to stare directly at the oval shaped face, pinched nose, and sunk in jawline. "I mean is it so that you'll know how to treat me? As if my title or position, grants you the power on how to treat me? Because it's going to be with respect either way. Do I look like someone you'd like to pay a salary to, do I give housekeeper vibes to you, love?" Stevie snickered to herself.

Kimmy shrugged with a self-absorbed smile. "Oh no, honey, it isn't that, I honestly would like to know. Please, you're the new face around here, do tell us."

Stevie inhaled a deep breath. Exhaling she shrugged lightly. "I'm an assistant, Kimmy, anything else you wanna know? My bra size, hair pattern maybe?" Stevie chuckled as she rolled her eyes looking away from her in order to dead the conversation.

"So fetch coffee? And what, file paperwork? Maybe send an email? Enlighten us, Stevie, would like to know the duties of an assistant." Kimmy asked sipping her Martini.

"Look—" Tremaine prepared to speak. But, Stevie squeezed his thigh, signalling to him she could hold her own. They both were knowledgeable of that; yet, Tremaine being the man he was, didn't hold back, nor spare anyone's feelings when it came to defending Stevie's honor.

Stevie, returning her gaze cool and collected, replied, "Oh, much more than that, Kimmy. I assist in running the core of Tremaine's business. Ensuring his schedule doesn't implode, and that his ventures flourish accordingly. But yes, I do also retrieve his coffee from time to time and file measly little paperwork." She shrugged smiling.

Kimmy's laugh tinkled like broken glass. "Oh, how quaint! I'm sure my son Noah could do it too, that's nice."

Tremaine glanced over at Stevie. Immediately reading the exasperation on her face. He knew she'd had enough of Kimmy's haughty attitude towards her. And neither of them understood why, Stevie didn't know the woman, hadn't said or did anything to her. So, where was this negativity stemming from.

Tremaine leaned over whispering.
"Get her, mama."

The hairs on Stevie's neck stood, her entire body quivered with anticipation, her mouth watering with vengeance, as she studied Kimmy's 'bitchy' expression, as her emotionless eyes stared around the table.
"With pleasure. Hmm, Kimmy, sweetheart? What do you do again for living?" Stevie sat up in her chair resting her hands on the table. 

Kimmy believing she'd won some kind of imaginary prize, was befuddled by Stevie's returned probing. Placing her drink on the table, she fidgeting with her hair, then with the bracelet on her arm. "Wel...Well, I'm a house wife," Her tone flattened.

Stevie, with a measured tone and a glint in her eye, leaned in slightly. "Ah, a housewife, the cuteness of house making."

"Yes, a housewife." She rolled her eyes.

"Anything else?" Stevie inquired with a smile.

Kimmy's gaze faltered for a moment, her confidence momentarily shaken. "Well, I..." she started, pausing to gather her thoughts.

Stevie casually sipped her drink, the conversation drifting towards her own personal achievements. "Ya'know I've always found it rewarding to expand my skill set. Speaking three languages fluently, French, Japanese and Spanish, self teaching myself American sign language, oh, aside from that? I'm backed by glowing recommendations from some top lawyers in the game, and, holding both an associate,  and bachelor's degree, it's been quite the journey."

Kimmy remained silently. As well as everyone else at the table, even Kimmy's very own husband; who after three drinks of Jack Daniels, was prepared to tell his wife to shut her mouth.

Stevie's tone was gentle, yet probing. "And what about you, Kimmy? What endeavors or accomplishments do you hold? Please do tell us."

Kimmy hesitated, her facade of self-assuredness showing cracks. "I... I've been dedicated to supporting my husband and managing our home," she replied weakly.

Stevie nodded, her expression understanding yet pointed. "Ah, the noble art of homemaking. So living off of your husband's success? Okay, that's admirable. But it's quite different from the pursuit of professional growth and personal development, isn't it?"

The surrounding diners seemed to hold their breath as Stevie's words landed like carefully aimed arrows, puncturing the shield of entitlement Kimmy had worn so proudly.

"There's nothing wrong with being a house wife. There's nothing wrong with a soft life, sorry you haven't had the chance to experience it," Kimmy snapped.

Stevie arched a brow, as she burst out laughing. "Meow! I struck a nerve in the lazy lady community I see. Well, forgive me for valuing the sweat, dedication, and actual fucking hustle that comes with making a mark in the world. Sorry that I don't want to be known as just ''so-so" wife. If you do that's fine, go head, Kimmy, I commend you, but please, stand the hell up and have something to fall back on. Do I have a good man? Successful, hardworking of course, but am I still my own person? Yes, I am, he knows that and accepts it, and guess what? I do live a very, very soft life shorty, so soft my knee's feel like putty nowadays. See how you became so defensive? Because you know what I said is true, and you're nothing but a overworked, unachieved, house keeping, cough potato. I hope that diamond bracelet makes up for your unhappiness, it's okay, life will get better I promise.

Kimmy's silence spoke volumes, a contrast to Stevie's multifaceted achievements that hung in the air, underscoring the disparity between them.

"Yeah, I'm a bitch you don't want to poke with, sweetheart. I've been nothing but nice to everyone at this table since I've been here, yet I've seen the snarky looks, and sidebar snickers. If I knew I'd been the only adult here tonight, I would've brought some fucking fruit snacks to give out. Some of you at this table have faces too old, to be so immature!"

Tremaine's eyes sparkled with pride as he observed Stevie gracefully navigate the confrontational dinner conversation. Sensing her readiness to depart, he rose from his seat, a silent agreement passing between them when they looked at one another.

"Well, there's that, kitten? Would you like to leave now?" Tremaine's voice was a welcome relief from the lingering tension.

Already preparing to stand. "My pleasure, I was growing rather bored." Stevie's retort held a hint of satisfaction as Tremaine helped her into her coat.

"I'll cover the bill," Tremaine offered, reaching for his wallet.

Stevie nabbed the Italian leathered item from his hand. "No, you won't! I'm sure Kimmy can cover it. I mean she's so wealthy right? Yeah, Goodnight." Stevie's assertiveness left no room for debate as she strode ahead towards the exit, leaving Tremaine chuckling softly in her wake.

"Welp, you all enjoy your evening, or not,  excuse me," Tremaine quipped, following after Stevie, his laughter trailing behind him as they left the bistro, leaving the snobbish company behind.

_______________________________________

Update!! 😂😩 ...

Working on a lot of shit. So I'm trying to get stuff out. Hopefully you all enjoyed this update!! I got a surprise next update. ❤️

And NOOO it isn't a fucking baby, so don't even!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626 11 5
Your favorite couple is back. After filing for divorce Stephanie decides it's time to move on with her life. With her brother, Lance Carmichael, and...
1.9M 59.8K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're going to do something for me." He...
140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...
1.4M 53.7K 36
"Let me go Andre." I told him with tears at the brink of my eyes. " No, tell me you love me, tell me you need me. Tiffany tell me what I want." he sa...