Maybe In Another Life | ✓

נכתב על ידי Vasukisameer21

✧It all started with a slap✧ ╰┈➤ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒉𝒈𝒂𝒍 She is beautiful, smart, and an introvert who... עוד

CHARACTERS and A/N
⁕1⁕
⁕2⁕
⁕3⁕
⁕4⁕
⁕5⁕
⁕6⁕
⁕7⁕
⁕8⁕
⁕9⁕
⁕10⁕
⁕11⁕
⁕12⁕
⁕13⁕
⁕14⁕
⁕15⁕
⁕16⁕
⁕17⁕
⁕18⁕
⁕19⁕
⁕20⁕
⁕21⁕
⁕22⁕
⁕23⁕
⁕24⁕
⁕25⁕
⁕26⁕
⁕COVERS⁕
⁕27⁕
⁕28⁕
⁕29⁕
⁕30⁕
⁕31⁕
⁕32⁕
⁕33⁕
⁕34⁕
⁕35⁕
⁕36⁕
⁕37⁕
⁕38⁕
⁕39⁕
⁕40⁕ ⟪1⟫
⁕40⁕ ⟪2⟫
⁕41⁕
⁕42⁕
⁕43⁕
⁕44⁕
⁕45⁕
⁕46⁕
⁕47⁕
⁕48⁕
⁕49⁕
⁕50⁕
⁕51⁕
⁕52⁕
⁕53⁕
⁕54⁕
⁕55⁕
⁕56⁕
⁕57⁕
⁕58⁕
⁕59⁕
⁕61⁕
⁕62⁕
⁕63⁕
⁕64⁕
⁕65⁕
⁕66⁕
⁕67⁕
⁕68⁕
⁕69⁕
⁕70⁕
⁕71⁕
⁕72⁕
⁕73⁕
⁕74⁕
⁕75⁕
⁕76⁕
⁕77⁕
⁕78⁕
⁕79⁕
⁕EPILOGUE⁕
Happiness
‼️Gratitude‼️

⁕60⁕

945 44 39
נכתב על ידי Vasukisameer21

"If you continue to run that mouth, I will not hesitate to bend you over my knees..."

I gasped, and my eyes widened.

"... and spank your ass raw."

Breaths come out of my mouth, shallow and short, and my heart thumps frantically inside my chest. His dark eyes are fixed on mine, his jaw clenched, and his grip on my throat taut but loose enough for me to breathe.

I attempted to shove him away, but as usual, the man did not even move an inch! I gave him a scowl and glare, but his amused expression only made me more irate.

He always incites my anger!

He brings his face closer and brushes his lips against mine. And I am hyper-aware of his thumb stroking the skin under my ear and his other hand slithering its way around my waist. Caging me to him.

"But I know; you would enjoy that. Wouldn't you?" His words make my stomach do flips.

"No, I wouldn't!"

And that's a lie.

I tried to push him, but it was pointless. And he seems to enjoy seeing me struggle in his hold.

He stepped closer, pressing his body against mine, and I closed my eyes as my body warmed up.

His proximity has always had an effect on me, and it sent shivers down my spine. I open my eyes and see him grinning. My body reacts differently to his touch and sinful words, which I do not mind but sometimes—like now—I hate it.

I am not going to let him change the topic so easily.

However, I could not help but clench my thighs, and he noticed the movement.

God! I hate this man.

And that's another lie.

Before he could say anything else. I stomped my foot on him, and he took a step back, stunned.

Taking a deep breath, I stared at him. I said nothing, simply staring at him through blurry, enraged eyes.

He annoys me so much that I want to kiss and kick him at the same time.

After a minute of silence, he sighed and spoke. "You already know that I am doing my hardest here. Right?"

I nodded, yes.

"So, please be more patient with me."

This irked me even more.

"I have always been like that, and I do not mind if I have to be patient with you forever! What bothers me is your behaviour. He steps forward, in my direction. "Either you change this habit or you leave me."

I froze the moment those words left my mouth. I didn't mean them!

He seemed to be glued to his spot, his jaw ticking and his eyes piercing into my soul. He looks on the verge of exploding; even his hands are shaking. What the heck is wrong with me?

My hands shook at the sound of those words, leaving a foul taste in my mouth.

However, I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. We need to resolve this right now, so I continued.

"How do you think I felt when you completely ignored me and simply walked away? Rather than sleeping next to me, you slept on the couch. Your family asks me about you and about what happened to you." I wiped the bridge of my nose. "What do I say to them? My husband never tells me how he feels! You know I am always here for you. But, Rudra, you can not ignore me!"

I got closer and hugged him. He lifted me off the ground, and I wrapped around him, clinging to him with longing.

As soon as I was in his arms, I felt like I could breathe properly and that my heart was at peace. Warmth and fragrance. I have been missing for several days.

He pressed his lips against the side of my head.

I drew back my head, looking him in the eyes. "I am sorry, I did not mean it--I really didn't."

As he nodded, I rested my head against his neck. He walked into the room and sat on the bed, holding me in his lap and still hugging me.

We sat silently, simply embracing one another. Then I spoke.

"Give me a kiss."

He laughed as he grabbed my jawbone. "I was hoping you would say that."

He draws in closer, his lips meeting mine as he plants an open-mouthed kiss and tightens his grip on my jaw. His warmth surrounded me, and I could feel his heart pounding rapidly against mine, rhythmically matching mine.

I cupped his face in my hands and tilted my head, giving him a deeper kiss. When he pressed me down, I felt him...really felt him. And my stomach began to flutter like a million butterflies, and I felt tingles in my chest.

I grided my hips to induce some friction and relieve the delightful ache between my thighs. However, he stopped me, his fingers digging into my skin as he gripped my hips.

Breaking the kiss, he gritted. "Don't move, Chandini. Or I'll lose control."

Returning to reality, I remained still but quickly relaxed as his thumbs moved in circles around my hips.

The room is silent except for the sound of our laboured breathing. I bite my bottom lip, pushing my hair back out of my eyes.

"I ask only one thing, Rudra, and that's all I've asked of you. Please, just express yourself."

He nodded and looked guilty, so I didn't say anything.

I stood up and went inside the closet without looking at him, and his gaze burning on my back was enough to know he got what I meant. When I came back, he was still seated on the bed. His gaze sweeps over me from head to toe, and I raise my brows at him.

"Simply admiring my wife's beauty. And wondering how such a bastard as myself became so fortunate to call you mine."

I felt my cheeks burn as I muttered. "Thank you. And yes, there are moments when you act like a bastard. There's no denying that."

He laughed.

I approached him and looked him in the eyes. "I apologise for screaming and misbehaving."

He shook his head, grabbed my waist, and gave my stomach a quick kiss. "That is alright. However, I would prefer that you scream beneath me, or on top if that is your preference." He winked, and I shoved him aside.

"Go take care of your situation." I pointed to his thing.

He looks down, then up at me, a grin beginning to form on his lips, and I rub my forehead in anticipation of an incoming remark. "Maybe you should get down here and help me."

I turned around and walked out, hearing him laughing.

•*•~•*•

I closed my eyes, let out a frustrated sigh, and nearly screamed, but I had to stop myself because I was in Kapoor's orphanage.

I had to cancel my original plans to with Barkha because I got a call out of the blue from the orphanage. The caretaker informed me that he found twin baby girls outside the gate the night before.

And I had to come here to look after some things regarding this matter. I was in complete awe of the girls when I first saw them. Their big Bambi eyes have me spellbound; they are such lovely, adorable babies.

How could anyone abandon their babies?

"Mam? You should probably answer the phone. That was...the tenth call."

I opened my eyes to see Guy 1 staring at me and then at my phone screening, which had another call from Rudra.

He smiles at me and guy 2 smacks his head, telling him not to smile at me.

Rudra had arranged security for me. He was afraid that Jeep was following me, but I think we just assumed it was. Because I had not seen that Jeep in the previous three days. I'd spent my days out with friends, and the twins and had not noticed anything unusual.

Regardless, I had to convince Rudra to keep only two guards instead of five, which was...interesting.

I don't want five men dressed in black, with mountain-like builds, and each carrying a gun to follow me! He had even gone so far as to buy me a new car! And demanded that I only drive this one.

"Mam? Your Phone." Guy 2 says this time.

Since they withheld their names from me, I gave them names of my own for convenience. Guy 1 is bearded, while Guy 2 is bald.

I sighed and answered his call. "Ji boliye?"
(yes?)

"Ji kaha hain aap?" He asked in a soft tone, and the thought of messing with him occurred to me.
(where are you, baby?)

I smiled and motioned for both of the guys to be quiet.

"Do admiyo ke sath fas gyi hu." (I am stuck with two men.)

I bit my lower lip to keep from laughing when I heard him breathing sharply on the other side. Oh, I love to get on his nerves!

"What the hell, Chandini!!! Tell me your location. I am on my way."

I laughed loudly and rose to my feet, grabbing my handbag. I motioned for the guys as I walked out and towards the car.

"The guards, Rudra! The guards! I was just playing with you!"

I climbed into the car, and we drove away from the orphanage.

There was silence on the other end, so I checked my phone to see if the call had been dropped or something. But it was not.

"Rudra...? Hello?"

Following that, there is a beeping sound.

He hung up the phone.

Uh... Uh...

Did I upset him?

He can not be mad at me for joking.

I guess I will find out when I get home. I leaned back and closed my eyes, allowing my body to relax a little.

I heard both of them whisper shouting, and as I opened my eyes, they widened when the guy 1 pulled out his gun. Guy 2 increased the speed, and they both kept looking in the side mirrors.

I thought my neck would snap from the speed with which I had turned around to see the same black jeep with no licence plate.

"T-that car!" I stammered, and they told me to calm down, as Guy 1 stepped on the gas, increasing the speed.

Feeling heavy in my chest, I fumbled with my phone to call Rudra, but the Jeep collided with our car. I flew forward and my head hit the back of the front seat. I groaned at the sharp pain, shooting through my head. And threw my arms around my head, and placed my feet on the back of the front seat as I jerked from the blow once more.

My chest felt tight with fear and my heart felt like it was in my throat, making it hard for me to breathe.

My memories of the night my family's car crashed flashed back.

I cried out, burying my face in my hands as I curled into a ball on the seat. The jeep continued to crash into our car.

I screamed at the top of my lungs at the sound of the gunshot and heard the guys shouting at each other.

Am I going to die?

I didn't even get to tell Rudra, that I love him!!

I do not want to die!

Oh please, God! Please! Please!

I kept praying and begging god. I could feel my vision becoming blurry and my chest tightening under the pressure.

"I shot at the back tyre! Just get through the gates! we need to get her inside the property!!" I heard Guy 1's voice.

I was propelled forward abruptly, and the vehicle came to a stop, I gradually opened my eyes to discover that we had entered the mansion's perimeter.

I fiddled with the car's lock and somehow got the door open. I staggered out of the car, falling on my knees and gasped loudly.

I breathed like a deprived person because it felt like my oxygen supply had been cut off and had just opened. I could not help but lie down as I coughed and felt the tears streaming down my face.

My head was pressed against a chest, and I recognised him right away. And I sobbed, terrified, clutching at him for dear life.

"Shhh... Kuch nahi hua, Chandini. kuch nahi hua. Aap bilkul safe ho. Shhh..."
(Shhh... Nothing happened, Chandini. Nothing happened. You are now completely safe. Shhhh...)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

836K 63.7K 50
|| DESI BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE|| ●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○● I always thought I was living a perfect life because I had everything one could dream...
465K 29.2K 55
A girl from India and a boy from the USA met and fell in love with each other on internet. They both imagine their future without meeting each other...
1.1M 42.6K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
756K 48.6K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...