𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗦

By DABIGJEFE

"Anybody can chase a dream, but it's all on you to 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 it" After years of being locked down for a cri... More

𝗜.
𝗜𝗜.
𝗜𝗜𝗜.
𝗜𝗩.
𝗩.
𝗩𝗜.
𝗩𝗜𝗜.
𝗩𝗜𝗜𝗜.
𝗜𝗫.
𝗫.
𝗫𝗜.
𝗫𝗜𝗜
𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.

XXVIII.

1.6K 189 62
By DABIGJEFE

𝘓𝘖𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘚, 𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈
𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟱

DAWNASIA "DAWNIE" GOODE
𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘚

It was about 3 in the afternoon, and Dawnie, Kayla, Parish, Angel, Mucci, Yay, Muncho and Frisco all sat inside an old recreation gym, on the floor, talking amongst themselves. They've been practicing basketball drills and cheers since 12 this afternoon and were all taking a quick break to rejuvenate. The girls all were trying to prepare themselves for tryouts that were coming up soon and the boys wanted to help them practice and be around them.

Dawnie was awfully quiet today, which wasn't normal. She had a lot on her mind from family to basketball. Her brother revealed her mother confessing Tanky not being her daddy's when she got home a few days ago and the confession lingered her mind heavily. She wasn't a daddy's girl as before Jalan came home, but she loved and cared for Jahsean dearly. The possibility of her not being his caused havoc on her mind, resulting into her being thrown off focus.

She didn't want to talk about anything with her friends so she stayed quiet and in her thoughts. Her friends thought that she was locking in and that was the reasoning behind her quietness but little did they know what was going on in her mind was causing her quietness on this hangout.

Angel was also quiet and very observant of Mucci and his friends. After what Frisco revealed to her, she couldn't stop  thinking about the possibility of them harming her and her friends at any given time. She stared at them with a bland expression while rolling her eyes at their jokes. She was irritated with their presence's, and couldn't mask the irritation. Frisco caught on to both of them being a little unusual and automatically assumed what he told her, was effecting their vibe with them.

Just by the way Dawnie stared at the floor, rolling the ball inbetween her hands, while glancing at them then around the room, staring off into space, put him on edge. He was anxious because he didn't know if what he told Angel was reasoning on her off vibe right now. He prayed Angel didn't tell her what he told her because then, he was gonna have to deal with 15 plus niggas on his owns.

Kayla and Parish on the other hand, joked and talked shit with the boys like normal. They didn't have a clue on what was going on around them "Ian lying Munch, You ass as fuck gang. White girl does this ball shit." Mucci told Muncho.

Yay, Parish, Kayla and Frisco bust out laughing at Muncho facial expression "Bitch how many times I gotta tell you niggas, I don't play sports? I rob people. Y'all got this ball shit." He shooed him off.

"Well what you talking like you get down on the court like that for then?" Yay asked him.

"Because I got a mouth and can talk shit." Muncho responds.

Dawnie continues to roll the ball back and forth between her hands, before she got up, grabbing the ball. She walked away from the circle, dribbling as she walked to the 3 point line of a court. Everyone in the circle, watched her as she took the shot, and missed it "BRICKSQUAAAD!" Muncho yelled, earning laughs from them.

Dawnie smiled and flipped Muncho off as she went to retrieve the ball. Mucci got up from the floor, brushing the back of his shorts off. Dawnie grabbed the ball then turned, and walked back over to the three point line, in the corner on her right.

She looked at Mucc, going to stand under the basket. She bounced the ball a little before she dipped and took the shot again. She missed it again, this time missing the whole rim. Damn. She normal hit a corner shot. That was her signature area on any court.

Mucci caught the ball, passing it back to her saying "Do that shit again."

Dawnie caught the ball, staring at him for a moment as she dribbled the ball. She looked at the basket, while dribbling the ball between her legs. She closed her eyes, and kept dribbling. She was challenging herself to see if she was as locked in as she thought.

She kept her eyes closed as she continued dribbling. Everybody but Mucci and Angel were confused right now. What the hell was Dawnie on? She was acting strange "Dawn? Girl you alright?" Kayla called as she got up.

Dawnie ignored her, trying to focus on her handles while tuning them out. She had to lock in because what she was doing on the practice run? She could easily do that on the court and she didn't want to embarrass herself like that "She showing off now." Muncho said as the rest of them all got up.

"She locking in." Mucci told them as he stared at her still dribbling with her eyes closed.

"She's getting her focus straight." Angel told Muncho as she walked past him.

"Nah. That motherfucker showing off." Muncho waved her off.

Dawnie continued to dribble the ball before she stopped, dipped and shot the ball with her eyes still closed. She heard the swoosh sound the net made and opened her eyes, seeing Mucci grinning at her. She moved around the three point line, telling Mucci "I'm ready. Come on. Give em to me."

Mucci passed her the ball, smiling. He liked how good Dawnie was at this sport. Especially with being a girl. He actually enjoyed watching her play because she was so damn good for a girl. A young one at that. Dawnie caught the ball and took the shot, making it. Mucci caught the ball and threw it saying "Center."

Dawnie rushed to the center of the three point line, catching the ball with her left hand and shot it, missing it. Mucci got the rebound then passed it back saying "Again."

She caught it and shot it again. She missed again making Mucci get the rebound again saying "Again."

Dawnie caught the ball and dribbled it a few times "Twin? Make noise!" She called as she shot the ball again, missing once again.

"Again. It's the same shit from the corner and the wing bae." Mucci said as he passed her the ball back.

Angel walked over to the sidelines, getting in her cheer stance. She called out here cheer and began to aggressively stomp and clap, filling the gym with more than basketball noise. Dawnie dribbled the ball a few more times, before taking the shot and making it.

Mucci grabbed the rebound, then threw it at the other side of the three point line. Dawnie already rushed over to the weak wing, before he even got the rebound. She was ready and received the ball, taking the shot and making it. She quickly moved to the corner on the other side of the court, same time Mucci threw the ball at her.

She caught it and took the shot again, making it again "Come on! Run that back!" She called, locking it.

"Gang locked in, let me do the same." Parish said as she watched Dawnie shoot and Mucci throw rebounds to her.

Dawnie went back around the three point line quicker than the first time. She hit every shot this go around. Mucci smiled as she made the last corner shot and caught the rebound "Come onnnn bae! Show em!"

She held her hand out for the ball "Guard me." She told him, as he passed the ball back.

She dribbled the ball while waiting for him to come and guard her "Lock in." She told him before she started dribbling in his face. He squatted a little to her level and started to guard her. She dribbled the ball with one hand while pushing him back up off her with the other. She pushed him all the way to the basket, tossing the ball up and making a layup.

She caught the rebound telling Mucci "Lock in! I shouldn't've scored that because you should be playing defense! Come on!" She yelled at him, as she passed him the ball.

Angel started playing Dance Like We're Making Love by Ciara on the portable speaker they bought, drowning out the basketballs a little. Angel was really considering doing majorette again instead of Cheerleading. She missed the high energy that came with it dancing.

Frisco stood in front of Angel, nodding to the beat of the song while he watched her do 6 different 8counts. She moved effortlessly as she moved around the floor. Frisco had to take a few steps back when she started flipping and doing kick turns. She was so flexible in his eyes. He smiled at her, when she finished off her 8 count with turning a backflip into a split.

She looked up at him, heaving. She smiled at him when he walked over to her, holding his hands out to help her off the floor "Come onnnn ma. You really sweet as hell."

Angel laughed as she got up with his help, retying the back of her shirt "You always say that like you never saw other girls dance like I do."

"They ain't as sweet as you lil bit. Your little ass dance way cleaner than they be doing. You be doing tricks I ain't never saw before. Like that backflip split? Who you know doing that shit? Ian never saw that shit before."

Angel laughed as she patted his cheek "Wait til you find out I learned that from my old dance team back home."

Frisco raised his eyebrows "Oh you from the home of majorette tricks huh?"

She laughed again "Boy bye. Play Dance for you by Beyoncé."

"You gone dance for me again?" He smirked as he unlocked her phone and went to her music, searching up the song.

Angel nodded as she pulled her pressed out hair out of the ponytail and scarf "Mmhm. Matter fact, play Legs Shakin by Rkelly instead."

"Keep Rkelly." He said as he searched up the song.

Angel started laughing as she fixed herself up. Frisco started playing the song making Muncho look over at them "TURN THIS NASTY NIGGA OFF!"

"OHHHHH!" Parish yelled with Rkelly "Free Rkelly! Keep Robert!"

"Keep both them nasty ass niggas, the fuck?!" Yay yelled making them all laugh.

Angel started slowly dancing, making Frisco lock his focus on her and her only. The slow dancing was his favorite thing she did. He liked how seductive she looked when she did it. It made him want to do some things to her. Everybody in the gym stopped bouncing the balls and watched both Angel and Frisco focus on only each other like they were the only two in the gym.

Dawnie smiled as she watched Angel wind her hips and flip her hair around. Angel started bending over and rolling her body while staring at Frisco with a seductive look. Dawnie loved when Angel did majorette dances as well. Angel always did that dancing shit since they were little kids. She wondered how she could do half of that shit she did because she couldn't do close to any of what she did. But in that same breath, if she learned to do it, she could do it as well. Anything was possible.

Angel kept dancing until Ludicrous part came up. When he started rapping, She stopped to catch her breath. Everybody started clapping making her and Frisco look away from each other at the rest of them and see them all watching them "What the fuck y'all looking at?" Frisco asked with furrowed his eyebrows.

"Angel bitch." Muncho answered.

"Angel teach me how to twerk girly!" Kayla yelled.

"Frisco is definitely bussing that jamma down!" Yay yelled shaking his head.

Mucci shook his head agreeing "No doubt he bussing that down."

The gym doors swung open, making all of their attention go onto the door. All the boys guns were on the bleachers and all 4 of them headed for the bleachers while watching the door. Amanda, Josie and Amanda's sister all entered the gym with their gym bags and basketballs "YURRRRRR!" Amanda dragged, waving her arm around.

"YURRRR!" Kayla, Parish and Dawnie all dragged.

"Hey y'all." Angel waved.

"Who them?" Frisco asked her as he stood beside her, holding his gun.

"That's their teammates. They came to practice with them because they all trying out for the SSTARs team in a few days." Angel explained as she went to hug them all.

"WHERE THAT SOFT ASS SOPHIE?!" Muncho asked as he held his hand out for a dap from Joise.

"She's on the way now. She had to drop her nephew off at his piano lesson." Amanda told him as she dapped him up next.

"What the fuck is up?" Parish asked Joise, as she hugged her.

"Hey y'all. I see we got company again today."

"They helping out or whatever." Dawnie told her, after hugging her.

"What we focusing on today? Shooting drills again?" Josie asked as she sat her gym bag down and took her jacket off, revealing her sports bra.

"Yeah but I'm also more or so focused on my defense tho. I'm a little weak on that right now." Dawnie said.

"Okay. So let's do some 3 on 2 defense drills." Amanda said.

"Bet. I'm playing defense." Parish said.

"I'll play defense too." Joise said.

"Bet." Kayla said while bouncing her basketball "Hey Mucci and Munch?! Coach! We doing 3 on 2 defense drills!"

"Ion know shit bout basketball boo!" Muncho yelled from across the gym with Angel, Frisco, and Amanda's sister.

Yay sucked his teeth saying "She know I could've been coach."

Kayla rolled her eyes at the sound of his voice. She didn't know why he was talking to or about her. She didn't fuck with him like that at all any more "Whatever. Mucci you're our coach. We offense."

Mucci looked at Yayo and chuckled saying "You coaching Parish and Joise slow asses."

"Who slow?!" Parish looked at him crazy.

"You! Defend my players!" Mucci yelled as he walked to the sideline "Dawnie, right wing! Kayla, Center! Amanda, left wing!" He yelled making the girls go to their positions on the court.

"Parish guard Dawnie! Josie get on Kayla!" Yay yelled.

"Ouuu. Leaving the shooter of the team open is a big mistakeeee." Dawnie dragged as she swung her arms back and forth.

Yay waved her off as he chuckled "She ain't making them points on my court."

Mucci played a whistle sound on his phone, tossing Kayla the ball "Come on. First to 5. 1 point game!"

The Nasty Song by Lil Ru filled the gym as the girls started playing against each other. Angel and Amanda's sister, both started doing two different 8 counts to the song. Frisco bit his lip, nodding along to the song, watching Angel swing her hair around. Frisco and Muncho both watched them as did their own dances. They were in sync with some of their moves but they overall did two different 8 counts.

"Your momma know your grown ass dancing like this?" Muncho asked Angel.

"My mother actually put me on the dance team and helped me learn this 8 count." Angel rolled her neck before drinking some water.

"Well your momma needs her ass whooped. Helping a child dance like this."

"Shut the fuck up." Frisco told him, with an agitated look. He already didn't like him watching her dance, he ain't wanna hear his negative comments about the dancing too.

Muncho pushed Frisco as he chuckled walking away saying "Child loving ass nigga. AIRBALLLL!" He yelled when he saw Kayla shoot the ball with Joise guarding her. 

"Just ignore him Bookie." Angel told Frisco when she saw the angry look on his face and how he watched Muncho walk away. 

Frisco looked at her saying "I swear to god I hate them niggas cuh."

"I know Bookie but just ignore him. Come on. I'm finna do another 8 count. Re start the song."

"Maybe something is gonna happen between all of them soon." She thought as Frisco restarted the song and Amanda's sister asked her to teach her the 8 count she just did.

✍︎

It was about 8 o'clock at night and the group of 12 all left and went to tend to their personal lives. Dawnie sat in the back seat of Parish car, with Mucci while Kayla and Parish rode shotgun and drove. The four were currently on their way to the pjs, where Mucci lived.

Muncho, and Yay rode with Frisco and Angel to drop Angel off at her mother's house. Dawnie barely said two words as they rode through the lit and busy city of LA. She wasn't in the social mood any more as her social battery finally drained towards the end of their practice.

Mucci tried sparking up mini conversations with her as Kayla and Parish loudly talked and laughed with each other, but Dawnie only gave him short replies or no replies at all. He didn't know why she was acting like how she was towards him. He thought that they were good as their day together was filled with nothing but positive energy. He attempted to start another conversation with her again but she ultimately just told him that she didn't want to talk right now and to let her think in peace.

He was offended. A little upset even maybe. Why was she giving him the cold shoulder? He hadn't done anything to her. He took her wanting peace as her tripping about nothing again and decided to just let her be and busy his self with his phone. He didn't like the feeling of being ignored, especially when he didn't know why he was being ignored.

Since Dawnie was tripping on him again for no spoken reason at all and they obviously weren't gonna end their night off happy, he made a mental note in his mind to set up a happy ending for himself once he got dropped off at home. He wasn't gonna let her random attitude fuck up his night.

Parish soon pulled her car into the Pjs parking lot, throwing the gear into park. Her and Kayla both turned to say goodbye to him, as he gathered his belongings to get out of the car "Aight gang. Take yo time out here." Parish told him as she dapped him up.

"Bye Gucci store." Kayla dapped him up next.

Mucci chuckled as he opened the door then dapped both of them up "Aight gang. Preciate the ride. Fuck you snowflake."

"Ew. Not in a million years." Kayla responds with a stank face.

Dawnie looked at him, waiting for him to hug her goodbye but he never did. After telling them two bye, he made his exit. Kayla looked at the furrowed expression on Dawnie's face saying "Oop."

Parish pushed Kayla shoulder laughing "Bruh Kay shut up."

Dawnie got out of the car, walking behind Mucci. She followed him all the way to his front porch and pushed him, startling him because he didn't know she was behind him. He turned around pulling his gun out of his pocket and almost wrapped his finger around the trigger but relaxed when he realized it was her "Man, what the fuck wrong with you?" He asked as he looked at her with a craze look.

"Why you tell them bye but didn't tell me bye?" Dawnie questioned with an angry expression.

"Because you acting like I did something to you and not talking to a nigga. You said leave you alone and that's what I did. What you mad at me for doing what you told me to do?"

"If you knew you ain't did anything to me, why would you assume you did something to me? I told you I didn't want to talk because I have my personal life on my mind heavily. I'm going through something personal right now. Every time I'm quiet and don't wanna talk to you, it don't always be about something—"

"Deadass Dawnie? I don't care no more. You just blew the shit out of me cuh." He turned and stuck his key in the lock, unlocking his front door.

"Neymar? I'm trying to explain to you why I didn't want to t—"

Mucci pushed his front door open, turning and mugged her saying "I don't give a fuck about that shit Dawnasia. Get the fuck off of my porch." While entering the house.

Dawnie stepped up and went to say something but Mucci slammed the door shut in her face, locking it afterwards. Dawnie stood there with a salty look on her face. She didn't think her quietness and not wanting to talk to him, would upset him. Then when she tried to explain herself to let him know that she wasn't mad at him, he gets mad at her? What the fuck kind of shit was that?

She stood there for a moment longer, feeling every emotion she could. That actually hurt her feelings, bad. She wanted to kick the door down and beat his ass for doing what he did but she quickly thought otherwise as the sound of gunshots ranged out from the other side of the pjs. She scoffed as she turned and jogged back to the car with Parish and Kayla.

She knew Kayla was scared because this wasn't her type of scenery. Parish was familiar with this scenery so she knew she wasn't scared. She listened to the gunshots go on and on as she got in the car shaking her head saying "Damn, they caught they opps tonight ain't it?"

Parish chuckled as she backed out of the parking spot "Hell yeah. They ain't letting up on their asses."

"How are y'all so calm and they shooting like that?" Kayla asked them.

"We used to this shit Kayla. Come on." Parish said.

"Exactly. Niggas went to bed listening to gunshots. This shit ain't nothing. Long as you ain't in the middle of the crossfire, you straight."

"Y'all grew up so terrible man. I can't believe people actually live like this." She said looking at the pjs as they rode by them. She watched the groups of people all still outside chilling while and after hearing the gunshots.

"That's life for you. You never know what any other person is going through until they tell or you see for yourself."

"I'm just glad you guys don't live like this anymore. This is dangerous and deadly as hell."

"Shit, I thank god everyday for getting us out of the hood." Dawnie shook her head "I be missing the hood sometimes but enough to wanna come back and live here. This shit depressing honestly."

"Deadass. I got tired of being a child and having to fake being happy and not knowing what's going on. Living here use to make me sick to my stomach. You can come outside and watch a nigga get killed and everybody walk over the nigga like roadkill. I'm forever grateful for god making this life shit better for me."

"Honestly." Dawnie agreed "Relly got us out of the hood for good, but I'm tryna get us out of the country. I gotta lock in and grind man."

"Honestly." Kayla and Parish both agreed.

"Mucci cake t—"

"Man fuck Mucci, For real this time. All I did was tell that man I didn't want to talk and he automatically assume I'm mad at him for something. Then I try to explain to him how I wasn't mad at him and just didn't want to talk and this nigga tell me get off his porch and slam the door shut in my face. That's fucked up cause I didn't do anything to him except tell him I didn't wanna talk. Like what the fuck?"

"Girl fuck him. We gotta grind, fuck him." Kayla responds.

"Nah that's fucked up for real tho." Parish shook her head.

"It is but in the same breath, fuck that boy." Kayla said.

Dawnie scoffed shaking her head "That shit crazy cuh. But it's cool tho. I got better shit to focus on instead of his ass."

"Dawn you say this every time y'all get into it just to go back to him when he calls. Stand the fuck up girl."

"Shut the fuck up Kayla." Dawnie mumbled.

"Telling all my damn business." She thought as she pulled her phone out and read Jalan's text message.

TWINNEM🤞🏽💙   5MINS AGO
stop at the store and get me some blunts plz

Ok

"Go to the store round this corner. I gotta get my brother some blunts."

"Shid I need some too, now that you mentioning it." Parish mumbled.

WHO WE READING BOUT NEXT?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 11.3K 62
Everyone nicknamed him the Street Killer, not because he was a murderer but because he could take a man's dreams and crush them all in one night in t...
4.9K 223 9
Apo Nattawin, a 29-year-old man who grew up in an orphanage. His parents died in a tragic traffic accident. He was a bright student, getting into uni...
1.2K 38 10
We all see dreams. Vivid, nightmares, neutral, weird, confusing and many more types of dreams. But what if I say there is someone who falls for a ran...
33K 1.2K 46
He wanted to own everything and everyone! Money was everything to him. One of the most dangerous people in the world that happened to meet HER. They...