Your Nebulous Fate

By Vinnalecupcake

π—‘π—²π—―π˜‚π—Ήπ—Όπ˜‚π˜€ : 𝘈 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘱𝘡 𝘢𝘯𝘀𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘳, 𝘷𝘒𝘨𝘢𝘦 𝘰𝘳 π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭-π˜₯𝘦𝘧π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦π˜₯. Yasumi miri Homar... More

Authors Note
π™Ώπš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ
πšˆπšŠπšœπšžπš–πš’ π™·πš˜πš–πšŠπš›πšŽ
π™°πš”πšŠπš”πš’ πš‚πš˜πšŒπš˜πšπšŠ
Arc 1 [The Hunter Exam]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Arc 2 [The Zoldyck Family]
Chapter 15
Arc 3 [Heavens Arena]

Chapter 16

25 1 0
By Vinnalecupcake

In the distance, under the full-moon moonlight, stood a cabin in a clearing alongside the path. You noticed two lights on, beside Zebro, was someone else living there?

As Zebro led everyone towards the entrance of the cabin, he spoke, "This is the servant's quarters. It's getting late. So you can stay the night."

Obviously, that wasn't directed towards you seeing as your fate was leading you higher up the mountain.

And you weren't sure how to feel about that, to be separated from the friends you had been so close towards in the past two weeks.

Zebro pushed open the door, and you noticed how the door left marks into the flooring as it moved, was the... Was the door weighted?

Zebro held his hand out, a welcoming smile on his face, "Please come in."

You whistled at the inside,
not bad for a servants quarters.

Zebro yelled out as he closed the door and you winced at the horid sound of the door scratching against the floor as it closed, "Hey! I'm back."

You eagerly watched as who you assumed to be Zebro's co-worker and servant to the Zoldyck household walked down the stairs and spoke, "We've got guests? That's a rarity."

Zebro introduced the newcomer, "This is Seaquant. He works with me here."

"Good evening." You and Gon greeted, Gon kindly smiling at Saequant while you winced at the sight of a cigarette in his mouth.

What was it with people willingly destroying their bodies?

Not like you should even be talking.

Saequant analyzed everyone in the room, before huffing out smoke and walking away, "Zebro doesn't take a liking to just anybody. You guys must be special."

Saequant shook his head, waving over his shoulder, "Well, make yourselves at home. Though it won't be easy in this house." And just like that, he was gone, leaving an ominous atmosphere as your friends all eyed each other.

Zebro led everyone futhur inside the cabin, towards a dining room and begun pouring tea.

As you sat down, you eyed Seaquant who leaned against the wall and watched your group.

Despite the feeling that Seaquant would've left your group alone, keeping his distance, he instead listened as Zebro summarized on why a group of people willingly stepped on Zoldyck property.

Seaquant probed, "You want to see young master Killua?"
He laughed, "That's a riot."

You eagerly watched as Zebro handed you a cup of green tea in a green cup. You froze at the weight of the cup, concernedly eyeing your friend's cups however their's were thin white cups.

You shrugged it off, having no issue with the weight, eagerly sipping at the tea while Leorio argued, "Sorry but we're dead serious."

Seaquant cautioned your group, "Then let me give you a warning. Give up and go home."

You frowned, speaking up, "We've already gotten this far, we're not leaving anytime soon."

Well, even if you wanted to leave... You couldn't. Not just because of Killua but also because of the butler awaiting your arrival.

Leorio agreed with you, "Yeah,
Killua's waiting for us so there's no way we're leaving."

Seaquant shot down both you and Leorio, "Well, you'll find yourselves unable to progress futhur then this."

Leorio clenched his jaw, about to argue futhur but Seaquant continued, "Zebro told you about the testing gate. That should be enough to give you an idea on what kind of a place this is."

Gon spoke up, determinedly staring at the table,
"We understand that it won't easy. But I'm not leaving."

Gon turned his gaze to Seaquant who stared baffled at Gon, even more so at Gon's tone, "I won't leave without Killua!"

Gon's tone tuned somber as he spoke, "I wasn't there for Killua when he was in trouble. If I was there with him back then, I could have stopped Killua!"

You lowered your gaze, shame filling your entire being.

You attempted to keep your mind from straying to more depressing thoughts by drinking your tea but you had already finished it.

You only held the still warm cup, the heavy material having absorbed and held the heat from the tea, desperately trying to keep your hands from shaking.

Across from you, where Leorio and Kurapika sat, you could similarly feel the shame rolling off them as they adverted their eyes.

Similarly, they couldn't have done anything to help Killua.
But that was out of their hands, they would've never stood a chance against Illumi

But you could have.
And you hadn't.

"Killua is an important friend of mine!" declared Gon.

The silence that formed was broken as Zebro lightly chuckled, offering, "Then how about you train here?"

"Training?" echoed Gon.

Seaquant called out, a warning in his tone, "Zebro..."

You froze at that, could Zebro be punished for offering help?
He had already helped tremendously by opening the testing gate...

Zebro showed no reaction to Seaquant, smiling at Gon, "Listen to me, Gon. You three are allowed to work together. As long as you open the door, it's okay. With a little training, it should be fine. How about it?"

Gon hesitated, "I don't like the idea of being tested..."
He made eye contact with Kurapika, who spoke, "... But if there's no other way.."
Leorio grinned, "Then we'll just have to do it!"

You fondly smiled at the sight of the determined look in everyone's eyes.

Zebro nodded, "Then I'll need you to put something on."

Zebro left the room, bringing back something you recognized to be vests.

As he handed them out, skipping over you, he made everyone wear them.

Leorio buckled, attempting to walk but after a couple steps he fell to his knees," How is this so heavy..?"

Despite Zebro recommending everyone to put it on, Kurapika and Gon could only hold the vests, unable to even out it on.

"It weighs fifty kilograms."
Explained Zebro.

"Please wear it at all times, except for while you sleep. I'll make it heavier as you get used to it."

You pressed a hand against your mouth in an attempt in keeping your giggles silent, seeing the expression of utter despair on Leorio's face.

As Zebro assisted Gon and Kurapika into getting into their vests, he handed all three of them tea in familiar green cups.

Obviously, they struggled at even managing to lift the cup.
As Leorio cussed and strained, Gon took to lowering his head and sipping from the cup still sat on the table.

You watched in amusement at both at Gon's solution and at Leorio's frustrated expression, your mind desperately to focus on things to bring a smile to your face.

Things were depressing enough as it is, you shouldn't be making that burden even heavier.

"The cups weigh twenty kilograms. The teapot I'm holding weighs forty kilograms. All furniture and utensils in this house weigh over twenty kilograms apiece." Stated Zebro.

Kurapika sighed, letting go of the cup, "I see... So this will serve as our training."

Seaquant walked back into the room, having left earlier once Zebro had brought out the weighted vests,
"It's useless. They won't even last more than two-three days."

Leorio growled at Seaquant, more than ready to cuss out the man.

But Zebro waved off Seaquant, "I believe your shift has already started."

Seaquant froze, realization dawning on his face, "Oh right."
And like that, he was gone.

And good riddance, why the need for so much negativity?

Zebro shook his head, "I apologize for that."

Leorio grunted, "It's fine... But where's the bathroom?"

Zebro held out his hand towards a door that was obviously made of metal, "Through that door."

Leorio froze, ignoring the buckling of his knees as he winced out, "I'm guessing that door's also..."

Zebro innocently smiled,
"That door weighs five hundred kilograms."

Leorio screeched, allowing his weakened knees to drag him to the floor, landing with a huff.

You outright laughed at Leorio's reaction, having been unable to keep your giggles silent.

Leorio screeched, "Oi! Who're you laughing at, dammit! Where's your vest anyways?!"

You sadly smiled, realization slowly dawning on Leorio as he froze.
Gon and Kurapika similarly looked at you in worry and shock, remembering that you weren't staying with them.

Zebro placed a hand on your shoulder," When you're ready to leave, I'll be waiting."
Zebro left the room, allowing you a moment with your friends.

Leorio winced, using the table to get back up, "I forgot that you're leaving."

Kurapika frowned, concerned for you, "Can you guarantee your safety once you get there?"

You shrugged, "I can.. Mostly.
Under my family's name, I can more than enough ensure I'll be welcomed but.. If my grandmother..."

Gon wore an expression of confusion, "Where does your grandmother come in?"

You explained, "I'm not the head of the family, so I'm not worth much to just come and visit without any notice. So my grandmother would've been notified that I'm here, to check if my visit is vindictive."

Gon nodded, "And you think she won't back you up?"

You shook your head, "My grandmother would... But I would still get in trouble for it."

Gon frowned, an guilty expression resting on his face, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you in trouble Yasumi."

You froze, baffled at the apology.

Leorio nodded, a somber tone to his words, "Yeah, apologies over here too. When you told us on the airship that you'd be able to get to Killua... We didn't think of the consequences for you."

Kurapika stepped forward in shuffling steps, still affected by the weighted vest, "Is there no way to get out of this?"

You sighed, shaking your head, "As soon as I spoke in my native language on that phone call, I sealed my fate."

You smiled reassuringly at your friends, trying to erase their guilty and saddened expressions, "But I'll be alright. I promise to come back to you guys."

Leorio frowned, but ultimately relaxed his posture... Which caused his knees to buckle and for him to fall back down to the floor, "Ugh! Dammit!"

As Gon took to helping up Leorio, you grabbed your satchel from the table and removed your electronic tablet.

You sighed, handing it to Kurapika, "I won't be aloud to bring any electric devices futhur up the mountain. It's to prevent any recordings or photos taken."

Kurapika shifted, frowning down at the tablet in hand, "But, don't you use this to communicate with Akaki?"

You nodded, moving your gaze elsewhere guiltily, "That's why I'm giving it to you. You'll have to give her updates every once in a while. Besides, I think she'll enjoy talking to you guys."

Kurapika hesitated, holding onto the tablet almost protectively, "And have you told Akaki what you're doing?"

You shook your head, grabbing your satchel and placing it over your shoulder.
You stared down at the sword in your hands, Akaki's gift for passing her exam.

Or well, her gift for just coming alongside her to the Hunter exam.

You froze as arms wrapped around you in a bear-hug, Gon tightly squeezing you, "I'm gonna miss you Yasumi!"

You winced, "I won't be gone that long-", you winced even futhur as Leorio joined in on the hug, interrupting you , "Dammit,you better come back to us safe and sound. alright!?"

You chuckled, feeling adoration at their worries but that couldn't excuse the slightly painful feeling of weighted vests being pressed against you.

Thankfully Kurapika stepped in, "Come on guys, let her breathe."

Leorio awkwardly chuckled, withdrawing, "Ah, sorry Yasumi."

Gon held onto you for a moment more, in which you wrapped your arms around him and squeezed before you both let go.

Kurapika smiled, an attempt to reassure you as he hugged you. Unlike Leorio and Gon, Kurapika held you in a light grip," Stay safe, alright?"

You smiled, stepping backwards from them.
"Don't worry, I promised to come back... And... I don't break my promises."

For a second, you enjoyed the moment, making eye contact with your friends.

But, despite how much you didn't want to, you turned around, stepping towards the door to exit the room.

Just as you rested a hand on the door's handle, Gon hurriedly called out, " Yasumi! "

You turned your head, making eye contact with Gon who continued, "When you see Killua, tell him we're on our way and that we won't leave without him."

You smiled, nodding before exiting the room and closing the door behind you.

You noticed Seaquant, leaning against the stair's banister while Zebro stood infront of him.

Zebro smiled as he noticed you," Are you ready to leave? "

You nodded, shoving your hands into your pockets as you neared the door to exit.

Zebro placed a hand on your back, walking alongside you and opening the door for you.

Before you could exit, Seaquant called out to you, "Oi kid, you're sure about what you're doing?"

You kept eye contact with Seaquant, thousands of thoughts swirling in your head as you instantly nodded.

As you exited the cabin, Zebro ahead of you, you heard Seaquant mutter under his breath, "Whats with these damn kids, man?"

You stood there for a moment, feeling the coldness of the night air and the silent woods, feeling strangely calm.

Zebro smiled reassuringly at you, "You have good friends, make sure to keep them."

You nodded, agreeing with Zebro's statement.

Zebro led you futhur through the woods, keeping sure to stay on the path.

You had barely walked a couple of minutes before Zebro stopped, and you noticed the path had now turned manufactured with a nobedan style consisting of stones. Which was quite the opposite of the basic path leading up towards the servants quarters.

Zebro's smile turned somber, "This is as far as I can take you, servants aren't allowed futhur up. You'll have to continue until you run into a butler by the name Canary, understood?"

You nodded,"And, I assume at least, I'll run into the man that was on the phone?"

Zebro nodded, sighing deeply, "That would be Gotoh-san, the head butler. But you shouldn't have a problem with him. Other than that... You're sorted."

You bit at your lip, breathing in and out before nodding, "Thank you for all you've done, Zebro-san. I don't know how to repay you. Especially since I think everyone being here will only get you in trouble."

Zebro laughed, affectionately patting your head, "You've got a good head on you, Yasumi. Keep safe."

You frowned, worry pulling at you. But the last thing you wanted was to keep Zebro waiting too long in the cold.

"Goodbye, Zebro-san. Till the next time we see each other." you smiled, an attempt to reassure both Zebro and yourself.

You faced away from Zebro, every step weighing heavier than the next, your body freezing in the cold conditions of the mountain and the night air, you kept your posture straight and your gaze determined as you walked.

Despite the anxious feeling of being watched, which was caused by the multitude of miniature cameras littered around the entire mountain, you kept your calm.

And hell, the only reason you could actually keep your cool was the thought of everyone being reunited again.

And being able to talk to Akaki again.

You weren't one to stay away from her too long, but when she had to leave you for weeks at a time for jobs, you were always reassured because you could always keep in contact with her.

Even when Akaki was a stranger to electronics, often even having to ask random passersby for help just to figure out how to answer your calls or figure out how to work a computer to message you.

She was always there.

But now, nearing your way up the mountain, Akaki wasn't here with you.

You only had yourself.

But with the full-moon above you, a sign of calm ocean waves along the coast, you similarly felt calmed.

Rather than be freaked out by the sensation of being watched from the trees, you took comfort in the sensation of being watched by the moon.

You were decently sure it has taken at least almost two hours to finally reach your destination, the feeling of your body freezing being the only sign that you'd been outside walking for that long.

In the distance, stood a poised figure, one you guessed was similar in age to you seeing as they weren't that tall.

Well, perhaps you shouldn't assume age on height.

You'd seen some decently adult people who were sadly deficient in height hurriedly obsessing over milk like it was their savior. You never had the heart to tell them it wouldn't work.

The figure bowed as you neared, and your first thought once you were close enough to actually notice the figure's features... Was how cute they were.

The butler, dressed in standard butler uniform, was a pretty girl with a skincolour similar to Akaki's and had thick free form locs that were tied up.

As you stared at her, deep realization dawned on you.

You really couldn't turn back now.

You snapped out of your daze, realizing how improper you were being by just staring at her and keeping quiet.

Canary, the name Zebro gave away, spoke, "Welcome, Miss Yasumi. I'll be the one to guide you futhur up the mountain."

You bowed your head, "Apologies for my delay, I hope I hadn't made you wait long."

Canary lifted her head, placing a hand on her chest, "It's no problem Miss Yasumi.
But please, we must make haste."

The first thing you noticed as she lifted her head was the controlled expressionless impassive look on her face.

And that was more than enough to tell you that there was more to Canary, only people who have something to hide actually focus on steeling their expression.

Like a poker face.

Canary stepped to the side, holding her hand out towards the path, waiting for you to walk first.

As you walked, Canary at your side while lagging just a bit behind, you eyed the trees surrounding you two.

Despite Canary's silence, you could at least try and get information out of her.

You hummed, "Your name's Canary, correct?"

You sense the hesitance in Canary, you guessed that she was ordered to keep quiet and just guide you, no more than that.

But you couldn't enter the Zoldyck territory without the bare minimum of what hell you were going to be thrown into.

Canary's voice was light, "Yes, Miss Yasumi. I assume you know my name from Mr.Zebro?"

You nodded, "He's been such good help to me and my friends. Without him, I definitely would've been lost on how I could come visit Killua."

Your eyes narrowed, hearing the gasp from Canary as she spoke in surprise, "You're here for young master Killua?"

You smiled, turning your head to look at her, "You've met him?"

Based on Canary's surprise, she has no other information about your arrival other than the fact it was without notice.

You could see the swirling emotions in Canary's eyes, a crack in her previous impassive expression. Was she a friend of Killua's? She at least cared for him based on her tone.

Canary cleared her throat, a bead of sweat dripping down the side of her face, "Ah, no. He's the heir to the Zoldyck family and they employed me, I've never interacted with him."

You nodded, humming as you removed your gaze from her.
You could tell she was lying, and you hear the worry in her voice whenever she said Killua's name.

You could only assume that Canary had attempted to interact with Killua before, or he had interacted with her...
And sadly, Canary got punished for it.

A family like the Zoldycks wouldn't want mere butlers to be associated with the future head of the family.

Your heart broke at that, ever since you came to Kukuroo Mountain, you've faced realization after realization of just how lonely Killua was.

And the feeling of constantly being watched, not only by cameras but by the people you shared the same blood with...

You sighed, "Canary, seeing as your post is on the path leading up the mountain...
Did you perhaps see Killua when he returned home?"

Canary's voice was a mere whisper, "Yes... Miss Yasumi."

You swallowed, hesitant to ask, turning your head to see her expression, "And... How was he?"

Canary's tone was soft, her eyes downcast as though she were to deliver disappointing news, "He looked-" her eyes darted to the side, into the forestry, where you notice her making eye contact with the cameras littered around.

Ah, you had forgot that although you could get away with any punishments...
Canary couldn't.

Her tone was void of emotions, her gaze steeled and posture proper, "- Young master Killua was very determined to finally return back home."

You hid the emotions in your gaze, nodding before facing forward.

Neither of you spoke again.

You could only assume that Killua appeared the opposite of Canary's description, and remembering the expressions you'd seen during your last moments with Killua during the last phase...

As a building appeared in the distance, you muttered under your breath, just loud enough for Canary to hear but low enough that any voice recording devices nearby would be unable to decipher your words, "Soon, Killua's friends will come looking for him. And we won't leave without him."

There were multiple ways to interpret your words, threatening for example.

But you hoped Canary would realize that Killua had finally made friends, friends who weren't going to just let him be taken away.

As the building appeared closer and closer, you noticed a row of butlers standing prim and proper, side-by-side and standing shoulder to shoulder.

As you neared, they all bowed, and all recited, "Welcome, Miss Yasumi-sama."

The butler in the middle, who assumed to be Gotoh-san based on his placement and the fact he begun speaking next, "I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced since arriving and for my crude tone towards you before, Miss Yasumi."

As you stood in front of the mass of butlers, you bowed your head, speaking in the polished voice you'd been taught to speak in,
"I apologize for my delay, and for my unexpected notice. It's a pleasure to be here on Kukuroo Mountain."

Gotoh, alongside the butlers that stood next to him, stood up, revealing all of them to have frightening tall staues.

Gotoh impassively sent a glance to Canary," You may return to your post now, Canary. "

Canary bowed at where she stood behind you," It's been a pleasure, Miss Yasumi."

You watched, the barest hint of a frown pulling at your face as you watched Canary walk away.

Gotoh held his hand out towards the large residence," This is the butler's residence, although also used for guests. I hope you don't mind your stay here for your duration at Kukuroo Mountain."

You smiled, politely and respectfully, "I'm honored to be here."

As Gotoh led you inside, the small abundance of butlers that had been there for your arrival had all dispersed.

In the main room, a prim settee laid in front of a table with a cushioned chair opposite the settee.

Gotoh gestured for you to seat yourself on the settee, him sitting across from you on the chair.

Gotoh, a man you assumed in his late thirties to early forties, was evermore the best example of a butler. Prim, neat with sharp eyes and poise as he sat.

As you sat, butlers bustled in and out, completing chores and whatnot.

So whatever conversation you were to have, would not be private. At least not to normal standards.

The only way you kept calm was how you controlled your expression and tone, repeating a mantra in your head.

Be polite and respectful, just like you'd been taught.

Voice stoney, Gotoh spoke, "Would you like any refreshments? The trip up the mountain is long one indeed."

You smiled, polite and respectful, just like you were taught, "Nothing for now."

Gotoh kept his expression neutral, but even you could see the scrutinization in his gaze as he leaned forward,
"Now, Miss Yasumi. We are all disquisitive about your anomalous visit."

You kept your smile, polite and respectful, just like you were taught, "My reasoning is exactly the same as I said on our phone call. I'm here to see Killua."

Gotoh nodded, a glint in his glasses shone as his gaze turned more stoney , "Now that is where things become obscure."

You only tilted your head, keeping your gaze polite and respectful, just like you were taught, egging Gotoh to explain.

Gotoh readjusted his glasses, "Unfortunately, the Masters of the Zoldyck family are currently busy with business and won't return to the estate anytime soon. Until indefinite, you shall be treated as an honored guest. And until indefinite, any business you have with the Zoldycks will have to go through me. "

You nodded," And Zeno-San?"

Gotoh frowned, a hint of suspicion in his gaze,
"I assumed you knew, but Master Zeno is currently conducting business with your grandmother, Madam Chiyo."

You smiled, polite and respectful, just like you were taught, "Communication has been tricky since my time during the hunter exam, and business has been busy."

Gotoh leaned back in his seat, the suspicion in his gaze only slightly settled, nodding his head, "And about seeing Killua... Sadly, under orders from the lady of the house, Killua is in solitary confinement until definite notice."

You nodded, not believing that Killua was simply in solitary confinement, keeping your tone respectful, "Then until I get the chance to see Killua, and Zoldycks have no issue with my presence, there's no issue with me staying here?"

Gotoh nodded, "Madam Kikyo was especially ecstatic at your visit, a shame she cannot be here."

Gotoh waved over a butler that was nearby, "Then you'll be escorted to the room we prepared for you."

You nodded, standing up as the butler begun leading you to your room.

Even as you left the room, arriving at your room, you could feel the penetrating gaze of Gotoh.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

As you laid on the extremely comfortable bed that was in your room, you counted the seconds passing.

You could feel the room getting smaller, the air thinner as the walls seemed to cave in.

You could feel your breath catching in your throat, a hint of the start of suffocation.

You felt claustrophobic, uncomfortable and the feeling of being watched didn't help.

It's been a week since your arrival at the butler's residence.

And you've yet to see Killua.

And Gotoh has been ever so closeted on Killua's whereabouts and condition.

Food would be brought to you at specific times, never late or early, and anything you asked for would be given.

Books laid scattered around you, on the floor, bed, desk and even one hung of the mini chandelier in the room.

Books were the only thing that could keep your mind occupied.

But that still wasn't enough.

You bit at your lip as the clock striked twelve, officially announcing your stay has been eight days.

Exactly accurate to the time you've been obsessively counting.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

It's been fifteen days, twenty hours and forty-two minutes since your arrival at the butler's residency.

And you were definitely going insane.

You've escaped from the prison you called home and walked willingly into less obvious prison.

You attempted to leave the residence earlier during the day, wanting to sneak over to Gon and the rest and give them the small updates you've accumulated.

But you'd been stopped and subtlety been escorted back to your room.

There were books stacked upon even more books, creating towers compiled of books that covered the entire room.

And yet, despite the sanctuary of practically unlimited books, your left arm was left red with scratch marks while blood laid hidden in your right hand's fingernails.

The small visits from Madam Kikyo really didn't help.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

Ignoring the burning from the bruises over his body, the deep red marks left from being cuffed and the deep derealization, Killua walked upon the cold empty hallways that he called home.

If he tried hard enough, he was sure he could still hear the whining and shouts from his brother, Milluki.

As he walked, he went over the conversation he had with his father, still surprised at the freedom he was given.

'𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦, 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦, 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, "-And guess what Gon did next! He didn't want his legs cut off, but he didnt want to surrender either!"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐝.

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝, "I have no idea what Gon was even thinking, same with Yasumi. You should've seen her battle! Honestly, near the end of her battle, i could bearly even see her movements as she fought against Akaki!"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞, "I knew Yasumi was good with her sword, but with how much she's such a bookworm , you wouldnt expect it. Kurapika and Yasumi have that in common."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧, "It sounds like you've certainly made intresting friends. Tell me Killua, do know of Yasumi's family?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, "Yasumi spoke of her family, but not much. Why?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝, 𝐚 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞, "You might not remember, but you recognize a women named Chiyo Homare?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩, "Grandpa mentioned her, right? A long time ago?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝, "We never bothered to have you interact with the few allies we the Zoldyck family have, but the Zoldycks and the Homares have a deep history together."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠, "And why are you telling me this now?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦, "Your friend Yasumi? Her full name is Yasumi Homare."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝.

𝐇𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

𝐀 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫- 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞.

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝, "W-What?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤, "When i was notified that the heir to the Homare family was looking for you, I allowed her onto Kukuroo Mountain. Your mother has grown estatic at her arrival, but Yasumi's waiting for you."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞.

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬'𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, "Kil. Do you want to see your friends?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐮𝐞𝐝, "You dont need to hold back. Tell me the truth."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, " Thinking back on it, we've never had a father-son chat before. I was raised by my parents to be an assassin, and i raised you the same way."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝,
"You and I are different. I realized that until you left home. You are my son. But you are your own person. Live as you please. If you get tired, you can come home."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫.

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬,
"I'll ask you again.
Do you want to see your friends?"

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞, "Yeah."

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, "Then you're free.
But promise me one thing.
Never betray your friends."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, "I promise. I'll never betray them. Never."

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐛, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞.

𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞.. 𝑯𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒕.'

Now, walking in clothes he had gotten from his room, a room he could barely call his own, Killua continued his walk.

Killua wasn't sure whether to be more surprised at the talk he had with his father, or the apparent history between his and Yasumi's family.

He remembered something his father had said, ' 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥.'
Killua clicked his tongue, what was Yasumi doing?

"Kil. It's not too late. Those three left. Please return to your cell." spoke a familiar voice, one Killua despaired to hear.

Killua barely spared a glance at his younger brother who stood beside his mother.

Killua raised an eyebrow, realizing his mother wasn't in her usual puffy gown wear.
Instead, she was dressed in a kimono, a fan clutched in her hand as the light from her visor shone down on him.

Killua shook his head, "No way. I'm leaving."

Killua merely glared at his mother, staring her dead in where her eyes would've been, as she shot her hand out to physically stop him.

"Get out of my way." spoke Killua, walking past as his mother stepped back in shock.

As Killua walked, he suddenly stopped, sending a glare at his mother, "I don't know what you've been doing with Yasumi, but if I find out you've done anything to her...."

His mother shook in place as Killua finished his words.

"... I'll kill you."

With that, Killua's mother fell to the ground as Killua's figure disappeared in the darkness of the passageway.

" Oh Kil... Your eyes are so cold now... To even threaten your mother... Oh Kil..."

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

"Killua-sama, we've been waiting for you."

Killua stood lax as he stared up at Gotoh, who held open the back door to the butler's residence, his tone eager, "Gotoh, where's my friends now? You do know, right?"

Gotoh nodded, replying, "Canary is bringing Gon-sama here along with his two friends."

Killua nodded, "And Yasumi?"

Gotoh held his hand out towards the open door, "Yasumi is currently occupied in one of the guest rooms. Shall I have somebody escort you there?"

Killua grinned, "No thanks, I'll find her myself."
Killua stopped himself once he entered, turning back to Gotoh, "Let me know the second Gon gets here."

Gotoh nodded, "I shall notify you immediately."

Killua grinned, nodding as he rushed away towards Yasumi's room, ignoring Gotoh's gaze that seemed to stick to his back.

Killua set towards the stairs, believing Yasumi to be on the second floor since those were where the nicer rooms were.

The hallways were dark, corridors empty as Killua carefully scuffled around and stopped at the only door in the corridor where light peaked from the small openings on the bottom of the door.

He eagerly opened the door, not even thinking of knocking because of his excitement, and narrowly had to dodge a dusty pile of books that almost fell down on him.

Coughing from the dust, Killua was momentarily distracted as arms wrapped around him in a hug and a familiar voice mused, "Killua! You've made it!"

Killua froze, awkwardly hugging you back.

Killua stared in shock as you withdrew from him, rubbing a finger across your cheek and staring confusedly at the white residue now stained on his finger, "Yasumi, are you wearing... makeup?"

You stuck your tongue out at him, groaning out, "Blame your mom!"

Killua froze as you pressed your palm against his cheek, a worried expression on your face as you spoke, "You have a bruise on your face."

Killua stepped back, suddenly feeling uncomfortable under your worried gaze, "I'm fine, it's nothing I can't handle."

You frowned, sighing but removing your gaze from him as you stared at the books laid across the floor, hurriedly picking them up, "Sorry about the books, when you've been here for over two weeks... You get pretty bored."

Killua followed after you as you entered the room, staring around at the books covering the entire room, "Did you hear from Gon yet?"

You dropped the stacked books in your arms onto another tower of books, "Yeah, assuming you just arrived then.. Around half an hour ago, Gotoh-san updated me."

Killua nodded, scratching at his cheek to ignore the slight pink tint covering them, "Yeah, I immediately came here."

You grinned, mistaking his blushed state for him being worried about Gon, "But don't worry. Gon won't be long, he told me to tell you that he's coming for you and that he won't leave without you."

Killua scoffed, but couldn't help the ways his eyes softened, "That idiot."

You laughed, hitting him lightly in the shoulder, "That's our friend your talking about!"

It was then Killua noticed the clothing you were wearing, baffled, "Why are you wearing a kimono? And what does my mom have to do with you wearing makeup?"

You heavily sighed, coughing lightly as you inhaled dust, "First off, Can we talk in a different room?"

Killua nodded, grabbing your hand and leading you towards the room he always used to stay in when he would come back from assignments and he didn't want to immediately go home .

You peered around the hallway Killua was taking you to," Why's it so dark?"

"Because no one comes up here, it's only used for guests and..." Killua answered, freezing as he realized he was still holding your hand.

Should he let go?

You weren't saying anything about it.

But maybe you weren't saying anything because you didn't know what to say.

Or maybe you didn't mind it.

Or maybe he was just over-thinking.

Killua jolted as you squeezed his hand, curiously asking him, "Are you alright?"

Killua stiffly nodded, stopping at the room he recognized as his own, "Come on, here we are."

As Killua flicked on the light, shuffling over to sit on the edge of the bed, he was suddenly struck with memories of Gotoh sometimes bandaging him up after training would be too much.

Your sigh broke Killua out of his thoughts, you having grabbed a couple tissues from a nearby desk as you tried to remove your makeup.

Frowning, Killua analyzed the pattern decorating your kimono-" Are you matching with my mother?"

You rolled your eyes, finally managing to wipe off the extensive eye makeup you adorned, "It was her idea. After I first arrived here, I was told your parents were busy with business, but a week in of my stay.. Madam Kikyo saught out an audience with me."

Killua frowned, "She didn't do anything to you right?"

You shook your head, "Other than dress me up with your brother, Kalluto, and constantly judge me, I'm fine."

Killua raised am eyebrow, "Judge you?"

You shivered, an expression of utter defeat on your face you remembered one particular meeting with Madam Kikyo.

'𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐢, 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡.

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝,"Can you see? Your face was made for a pale complexion, if only you weren't so tan in the face."

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐝,"But its no matter, just be glad im here."

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝, "Dont sit like that Kalluto! Dont ruin the kimono I especially got for you!"

𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐳𝐞, 𝐟𝐢𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐨.

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞.

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐝, 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐤, "Its no matter. Now dear, close your eyes as i apply the beni."

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐝, 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬, "Now dear, look at my beautiful creation."

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐊𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤, 𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐨'𝐬 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫.'

You leveled your gaze with Killua's, "Let's just say... It was very suffocating."

Killua frowned, but ultimately decided to let it go, "Fine. But one last thing, is it true you're a Homare?"

You bit at your lip, sighing, "Yeah, I am. I'm guessing you somehow know that our families have a history together?"

Killua nodded, "I don't know the details, but yeah. My dad told me."

Killua watched as you widened your eyes in shock, "You spoke with your dad? How did that go?"

Killua shrugged, leaning back on the bed, "It was... Weird.
It was like a father-son talk, he listened as I talked about the hunter exam."

Killua felt the bed dip, you joining him as you sat beside him, "And how do you feel about it?"

Killua frowned, "It was different. I've never talked to him like that before, it was... unfamiliar. But.. It was nice to actually see him listening to me."

Killua peered up at you as you kept quiet, freezing slightly at the smile on your face as you spoke, "Then I'm happy for you."

Killua coughed, turning his head away, "Yeah, whatever."

Changing the topic of conversation, Killua questioned you, "And what's so important about our families?"

You sighed, leaning back into the comfortable bed, "I don't know much about our families history. My aunt and grandmother like to keep it hush hush. But our ancestors aligned with each other, a sacred alliance that to this day has not been broken."

Killua nodded, baffled, "That's all to it?"

You hesitated to continue, "Well other than a dispute a couple generations ago, there's not that much more other than the fact my grandmother and your grandfather are close."

Killua shot up, shocked, "Grandpa is?"

You nodded, nonchalant,
"I can remember him visiting the island a couple times when I was younger, I even met him once. Not that I can remember it because of how young I was but yeah."

Killua froze, falling back down onto the bed, "I never knew."

You smiled, shrugging before turning your gaze to the clock on the wall, "How long do you think it'll take for Gon to get here?"

Killua frowned, "Probably awhile. Wanna do something till then?"

You perked up, "Do you have any board games?"

Killua smirked, "Duh, of course I do."

You grinned, "I'll let you know that I'm damn good at board games."

Killua laughed, "As if you'll be better than me!"

You shrugged, grinning mischievously, "Only one way to tell."

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

You frowned as Killua tossed another empty box of chocorobo, a large pile already growing on the floor.

"Are you not feeling your teeth rotting with all that chocolate?" You chide, setting down the book in your hand.

Killua grinned, purposely showing his teeth, "Not at all."

You sighed, leaning back in the seat you were sitting on, feeling more comfortable in your own clothes rather than the now discarded kimono, "Do you wanna re-play all the board games you have?"

Killua groaned, "No way, I'm not playing again with a cheater."

You scoffed, "Just because I'm lucky with the dice does not mean I'm a cheater."

Killua rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah, whatever you say."

You scowled, "You were the one who kept getting impatient. And you had been the one boasting about how you were the 'master' of all games."

Killua similarly scowled, "Well it's not my fault I didn't know how to actually play most of the board games."

You frowned, remembering how Killua never had anyone to play with him, "Well now you know. And the next time we play, with Gon included , you can boast all you want."

Killua made eye contact with you, "You'd really want to play with me again? Even after I kept calling you a cheater?"

You smiled, "Duh, you're my friend. Even if you're extremely insufferable."

Killua rolled his eyes, "Says the bookworm! I don't even know how you found those book, there aren't any books in this room."

You grinned, "Says the nerd who solved over sixty rubix cubes, it's weird how you have so many."

Killua grinned, "You're just saying that because you struggled to even solve one while I was already done with my seventh."

You scoffed half-heartedly, "If Gon was here, he would be taking my side in this whole thing."

Killua perked up, looking up at the clock in the room, "He should be here already."

You frowned, "Wouldn't Gotoh-san have told us if he was here ready?"

Killua nodded, but was still insistant, "Yeah but the trek up the mountain wouldn't take this long."

You shrugged, getting up as you stretched, "Then let's go check. I anyways want to ask for more books."

Killua nodded, jumping up and making his way out the door with you following him.

You frowned at the empty and quiet hallway, "I know you said this floor of the building is typically quiet, but should it be this quiet?"

Killua shook his head, "No, which is suspicious."

You followed as Killua continued his way through the hallway, down the stairwell and onto the ground floor.

You raised an eyebrow, seeing a similar empty hallway, "And is it supposed to be this quiet here?"

Killua frowned, "Not at all. Let's head to main room, usually Gotoh is there because his office is next to it."

You nodded, following after Killua.

As you two neared the main room, you could hear applauding through the door.
You and Killua both made eye contact with each other, both lost on what was happening.

Killua opened the door, calling out, "Gotoh, is Gon here yet?"

"Killua!" a familiar voice called out.

You grinned, pushing past Killua who was standing in the doorway, "You've finally made it!"

Gon, Kurapika and Leorio were seated down in front of Gotoh, all three of them smiling at the sight of you and Killua.

Killua grinned, "Glad to see you Gon!"

He turned to Kurapika, pointing a finger at him, "Alongside... Kurapika?"

Kurapika shook his head, a smile on his face, "I'm just an afterthought?"

Killua smiled pointing a finger at Leorio, "Liorio!"

Leorio scowled, "It's Leorio, brat!"

You and Gon laughed at the interaction, you leaning on the settee as Killua spoke to Gon, "I can't belive you came. What happened? Your face is a wreck!"

Gon grinned, "Yours isn't any better."

You sighed, muttering under your breath, "It's not a competition."

Kurapika smiled at you, having heard you, "Yeah but Gon and Killua will be Gon and Killua."

You smiled at the sight of Gon and Killua laughing together, "Yeah, that's right."

Killua turned to Gotoh, "Hey, Gotoh. I told you to let me know as soon as they arrived."

You frowned, muttering to Kurapika, "How long have you guys been here with Gotoh-san?"

Kurapika winced, "Not that long."

Leorio chided in, muttering loudly, "It felt long!"

Gotoh showed no reaction to the mini conversation you were having, answering Killua, "Forgive me. I had them participate in a little game."

You frowned, worriedly turning to Kurapika and Leorio , "You guys alright?"

Leorio grinned, ruffling your hair, "It was nothing we couldn't handle."

Kurapika shook his head, laughing lightly, "You were the one who lost first."

Leorio grunted, "Hey, I did my best alright!"

Killua frowned at Gotoh's answer, looking over at Gon or more importantly the wound on his eye, before raising an eyebrow at Gotoh.

Gotoh lightly smiled, reassuringly, "It was nothing more than a poor joke. I apologize for my aggravation."

You gasped lightly, "Hold on, why didn't I get nice Gotoh when I ran into him?"

Leorio shivered, "We didnt get nice Gotoh either."

Gotoh questioned your group, "Did you enjoy yourselves?"

Leorio rubbed at the back of his head, awkwardly looking back at forth between you and Kurapika, "That.. Was some really good acting."

Killua turned to Gon, "Did they try anything?"

Gon shook his head, grinning, "They were just entertaining us."

You muttered lowly, eyeing the light smile on Gotoh's face, "I don't really believe that. Is this the same Gotoh that was entertaining you guys?"

Leorio nodded, "It's like something out of a horror movie."

Kurapika frowned, "Don't be mean now."

Killua shrugged, "Well, whatever. Anyways, let's go somewhere else. Anywhere else, right now."

You nodded repeatedly, "I second that! I don't wanna stay here if this actually becomes a horror movie."

Killua nodded, groaning, "If we stay here then my mother would definitely give us an earful, and that's worse than a horror movie."

Gon grabbed at his bag and Leorio grabbed at his suitcase as Killua spoke to Gotoh, "I don't care what Mother says. Don't follow me."

Gotoh nodded, bowing, "Understood. Please take care."

Somehow you didn't believe Gotoh would so easily obey Killua's command.

His mother could easily wave away Killua's command as she was in a higher position in the Zoldyck family.

Killua, Kurapika and Leorio all made their way to the exit, meanwhile Gon turned to talk to Gotoh while you turned to Canary.

You smiled, "I told you Killua's friends would come get him."
You frowned at the sight of a bandage wrapped around her head, "We didn't get you into alot of trouble, did we?"

Canary smiled, sending a glance at Killua who was talking to Leorio and Kurapika, "No, it's no problem. I'm just.. Happy. Happy to see Killua has friends."

You grinned, "Until next time, Canary."
Canary smiled, "Until next time, Yasumi."

You turned to Gon who just finished talking to Gotoh, the two of you following after the rest as you exited the building.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

You chewed on an apple as you and your friends made your way down the streets of a familiar town.

After managing to catch the same bus, Lamentation Tours, and somehow having convinced Coco Loo to let you on the bus, you all walked on the streets of the town you'd first arrived in on your journey to Kukuroo Mountain.

As Gon finished up explaining the 'entertainment' Gotoh had given, you signed in disappointment, "I wish I was there to actually see Gotoh-san's coin trick."

Gon smiled lightly in sympathy at your words, perking up as Killua spoke, "He's used that same trick on me before."

Killua placed his hands behind his head, grinning, "Once you know the secret, it's so simple, it'll make you mad."

Gon froze as Kurapika snatched the coin he had flicking up into the air, "I'm assuming this was what he did."

You eagerly watched as Kurapika flicked the coin into the air, making a grabbing motion with both his hands to catch the coin, which would've left anyone confused on which hand the coin was in.

Kurapika held up his closed hands, " Which hand? "

You grinned, speaking at the same time as Gon, "It's the left hand."

Your eyes widened, momentarily shocked as Kurapika held out his right hand which held the coin.

You frowned, recognizing the ploy, "That's a nasty trick. Actually that's cheating, was Gotoh-san doing that to you the entire game?"

Gon frowned confusedly, "What trick? How's the coin in your right hand?"

Kurapika opened his left closed hand, revealing another coin, "Gotoh held two coins."

Gon, still confused, rebutted, "But he only had one coin."

Kurapika shook his head, preforming the trick again as he spoke, "He held one coin in one hand while flipping the other. And then he let us see him grab the coin using his left hand. But before he asked us which hand held the coin, he raised both arms and he slipped the first coin in his sleeve. Which leaves one coin in his right hand. "

Gon groaned," That makes me really mad. "

Killua answered your question," I'm pretty sure he only used the trick on the final turn. Gotoh hates cheating, even if it's just a game. "

Leorio exaggeratedly raised an eyebrow at you," And how did you even recognize the trick so quick? "

You sweatdropped, "It wasn't that hard. It's just common sense and using your ears to hear the coin."

Exasperated faces stared at you, Leorio muttering, "Kids are weird."

You sighed, "Don't we have a train to get? What's the time now anyways?"

Leorio checked his watch, jolting and screeching, "WE'RE GONNA MISS THE TRAIN."

The entire group jumped in shock, all of you rushing to the train station.

Thankfully, by the time you made it to the train station, the train was actually still there.

As you settled in a cart, finding decent seats, Gon explained why you all were taking such a cheap train and the whole visa thing.

Killua echoed Gon's words in shock, "You're here on a tourist visa?"

As Gon nodded, Killua continued, "Didn't you pass the exam? You could've just used your hunter license."

Leorio sighed, "We tried to convince him."

You nodding, chiding, "But you know how stubborn Gon is!"

Gon was unrelenting, "I'm not using the license until I've finished what I need to do."

"What do you need to do?" questioned Killua.

You turned your gaze off the conversation, muttering lowly to Kurapika, "Do you still have the hunter device I gave you?"

Kurapika nodded, digging through his satchel to hand it over to you, "Akaki got pretty upset, saying you were acting reckless."

You grinned, taking the device, "She shouldn't be talking."

As you paid attention to the conversation happening in front of you, you messaged Akaki.

As Gon explained why he had Hisoka's tag, you stared fondly at the messages Akaki was currently spamming you with.

The messages were multiple yells at you, and her ranting how worried she was, and then her asking for updates on what was happening on your side.

You summarized everything that happened as best you could to Akaki, finishing off on how you all were currently in the train taking you away from Kukuroo Mountain.

All she replied was a simple, "Why is it that the interesting stuff happens when I leave?!"

As Kurapika begun explaining the interactions get had with Hisoka during his match with him and after the orientation, you sent a momentary goodbye to Akaki, promising her you would catch up with her later.

You put the device away in your satchel as Kurapika mentioned Hisoka would be in Yorknew City on September 1st.

"That leaves you with half a year until then." realized Gon.

You perked up, "That's the same time as the Southernpiece Auction!"

Leorio nodded, "The world's largest auction!"

Gon awed, "Really!?"

Kurapika nodded, "From September first to September tenth, there will be an auction. An auction for unusual goods, rare goods and national treasures from around the world. The event attracts all manner of nasty folk. It's the biggest gathering of money in the world."

You nodded, groaning out, "You're not wrong about the nasty folk that comes to the Southernpiece Auction. Last year, there was this big commotion because of an ancient rare jewelry collection."

Leorio grunted in surprise, "You've been to the Southernpiece Auction?!"

You nodded, baffled as to why you wouldn't have been there, "My family likes to hold themselves in society by attending all important social gatherings. Southernpiece Auction House included. I was there last year."

Leorio contemplated, "So the Troupe will be there?"

Kurapika nodded, "They're a group of bandits. They wouldn't let this chance escape."

You frowned, already having believed the Troupe would come after this year's auction but to have a second opinion agreeing with you...

𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨.

𝙄𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙏𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨 , 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚...

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙮....

𝙃𝙢𝙢..

Kurapika continued, "So on that day, Hisoka will be somewhere in Yorknew City."

Gon nodded, sending a grateful smile, "Okay, September 1st. Got it,thanks."

You looked at everyone, "So that's everything?"

Gon perked up, "Oh! What's happening over by Akaki?"

Everyone perked up, eagerly waiting for your response while Killua looked confused, "Wait what?"

Gon explained, "The reason Akaki couldn't come with us to Kukuroo Mountain was because she had to go back home."

Killua nodded, looking lost on what was so important,
"And?"

Leorio grinned, "Akaki has a lady waiting back home for her, Akaki said she going back home to propose!"

Killua's eyes bulged out of his head on surprise, "WHAT!"

You nodded, pursing your lips to stop your giggles at his expression, "Yeah, Kurumi Fukuda. Very sweet, but also the opposite of Akaki."

Leorio sweatdropped, "Let me guess, lady-like and actually listens to people?"

You nodded, chuckling, "Yup."

Gon grinned, "Do you have a picture of her?"

You sighed, "Akaki hoards all pictures of Kurumi-san. But I'm sure I'll be able to convince Akaki to send one, but that would take awhile."

Killua chided, a weirded out expression on his face, "So.. Akaki is gonna get married?"

You shrugged, awkwardly chuckling, "Akaki hasn't said if Kurumi said yes. She said I should phone her when you guys would least expect it and she'll yell out the results."

Leorio sweatdropped, "Yeah, that sounds like Akaki."

You chuckled, leaning back into your seat before shooting up as you realized, "Wait! Now that everyone's here- or well everyone that can be here, we can finally play the big group board games!"

Just like that, everyone was eyeing each other with a competitive spark in their eyes.

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂
«𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙»

The town you'd all arrived in was bustling with people, chatter and noises filling as a background noise as Kurapika stopped your group.

Kurapika sighed, staring at everyone fondly, "All right, I'll be leaving now."

Gon froze, muttering in confusion, "Huh?"

"We managed to see Killua again, so I'm finished here. I'll need money to attend the auction." stated Kurapika.

Kurapika continued, "So I shall search for a patron to employ me as a Hunter."

Leorio leaned back, nodding, "Then I guess I should go home."

"Really?" Gon gasped.

Leorio grinned, holding up his hunter license, "I haven't given up my dream of becoming a doctor. If I get accepted into Medical School, I can use this to pay for the ridiculous fees."

You grinned, "Dr. Leorio has a nice ring to it."
Gon nodded, "Good luck!"

Killua chided, "Should we go with you to the airport to wish you off?"

Kurapika and Leorio shared a look, Kurapika smiling reassuringly as he spoke,"It's fine, we'll be good on our own."

You nodded, grinning, "Then how about a group hug?"
Gon grinned, nodding his head excitedly, "Yeah!"

Killua scoffed, "What are we? Babies-"

Killua was interrupted as Leorio grabbed him, pushing him alongside everyone else into a group hug.

You relished the moment, even as Killua was screeching, Leorio refusing to let him go while Gon, Kurapika and you laughed.

After a couple moments, Leorio let go and you all stepped back a couple feet, giving fond glances at each other.

Leorio smiled, swinging his suitcase over his shoulder, while you shuffled your hand into your satchel, "So, this is goodbye? "

A booming familiar voice spoke, slightly distorted, "Seriously!? Saying goodbye without me?"

You grinned as you held up your electronic tablet, Akaki's face being shown on the screen through a video call.

Gon grinned widely, yelling out, "Akaki!"

Akaki grinned, "Listen up, I'll make this quick. But- any guesses on whether I have good news or bad news?"

Leorio concernedly frowned, "Wait- don't tell me Kurumi said no."

The happy atmosphere turned tense, as everyone looked at Akaki to hear her news.

Akaki only grinned, lifting her hand up to show a pristine silver wedding band.

You laughed in glee as everyone started shouting in surprise and excitement.

Akaki stopped everyone, "Alright, Alright! Come on, I'll fill you guys on the details later, or at least Yasumi will. But I gotta go, and I assume you guys do too."

You rolled your eyes as you knew you'd have to be the one sending letters to Leorio and Kurapika on the details and any updates.

Short goodbyes were given, you putting away the electronic tablet as Kurapika and Leorio gave you three one last glance before making their way to the airport.

You sighed, "It feels like it was just yesterday we were all meeting each other for the first time."

Gon nodded, smiling determinedly, "Yeah, but they'll be fine."

Killua stepped forward, hitting the both of you on your heads, "You should be focused on more important things."

You rubbed at your head, even though it didn't hurt that much, frowning slightly as Killua spoke, "We have to focus on training now."

Gon frowned, whining out, "Shouldn't we have fun first? We have all the time in the-"

Killua smiled forcefully, getting in Gon's face, "How forgetful can you be? You think you can punch Hisoka in the face without training? "

You sighed, pulling Killua out of Gon's face as you turned to Gon, "I don't wanna agree... But I have to agree with Killua."

Gon frowned, wincing under Killua's proding stare.

Killua grabbed a stick off the ground, trailing off as he drew on the ground,"Here, I'll explain it easy for you..."

You awed at the chibi face drawings of Hisoka and Hanzo, leaning over Killua to get a better look.

Using the stick to point to the drawn figures, Killua spoke, "If this is the gap between Hisoka and Hanzo, in terms of strength..."

You sweatdropped alongside Gon as Killua begun shuffling away while simultaneously drawing a long line in the ground.

Once he got far enough, which was the edge of the grassed ground with a fence stopping Killua from continuing, Killua yelled over the distance,
"... You're all the way over here in terms of strength! And I'm being generous!"

Gon turned to you, stare wide-eyed, "He's not being serious... Is he?"

You chuckled, shifting your gaze elsewhere, "I mean, there's other factors to include... And battles aren't just won with strength..."

Gon sighed, admitting out while staring dejectedly as Killua returned to your side, "Alright, I get the idea."

Gon puffed his cheeks out as he pointed at Killua, "And where are you?"

Killua stepped back, marking a spot just behind Hanzo, "I'm probably around here..."
Killua grinned, a cat-like expression, as he chuckled under his breath for a moment.

Gon turned his gaze to you, curiously asking you, "Neh, Yasumi, where would you be?"

Killua held an expression of deep thought, holding a hand to his chin as he analyzed you.

You huffed, grabbing the stick out of Killua's hands and marking a spot a decent bit behind Killua.

You explained, "Killua's definitely better than me in strength and hand-to-hand combat. Although I'm better than him at sword fighting, he's better than me at more things."

Killua blushed under the praise, even more so as Gon grinned, "Yeah, you're so awesome Killua!"

Killua waved you guys off, "Cut that out, it's embarrassing!"

Gon hummed in thought, "I don't know how to analyze the difference in strength between me and my opponent.."

Killua shook his head, "Dummy, that doesn't matter. I'm only estimating. You probably have a general idea."

You pondered for a moment before turning to Gon, "If you ever encounter an opponent you're unsure of that you'll win against, rather than judge off both of your skills and experience, level out the playing field."

Gon tilted his head, frowning lightly, "How so exactly?"

You grinned, ruffling Gon's hair, "I can't give you all the answers."

Killua added in, "Your estimates will get more accurate with the more experience you get. Besides, the stronger someone is, the better they are at hiding it."

You nodded, "While those who aren't as strong tend to boast and over exaggerate."

Killua sighed, cautioning, "Well, Hisoka is strong. And you won't be able to land a blow on him in six months under normal means."

Gon nodded, grinning as you pat him on the shoulder and bragged, "But you'll get there Gon. After everything you've already done, this is practically nothing."

Killua smiled at the sight, before asking, "How much money do you guys have?"

Gon winced, rubbing at the back of his head apologetically, "Actually, I'm running out."

Killua nodded, "Same here."

You sighed, wincing, "Me and Akaki share an account, because I give all the money I get from jobs and whatnot to her because she's saving up.
So I'm completely broke."

Killua leaned closer to you guys, grinning mischievously, "Don't worry, there's this place where we can train and earn money at the same time.."

You frowned, huffing out, "That sounds suspicious."

Killua shook his head, "It's legit."

Gon leaned forward, "What is it?"

Killua grinned, holding up a finger, "The Heavens Arena."

꧁𒊹︎︎︎[■■■■■■■■■■]𒊹︎︎︎꧂

♡ ∩_∩
(„• ֊ •„)♡
┏━∪∪━━━━┓
♡ Wow! We're already done with the mini Zoldyck arc.
18k words total for the entire arc. Hope you guys enjoyed this long chapter.
Btw, please tell me what you think of Yasumi's interactions with Canary.
Thats what i struggled most with in this chapter.
Word count: 11 006 ♡
┗━━━━━━━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 871 22
Laying on you deathbed, you breath faded after the long life you lived. Taking one final breath.. You jolted awake, unable to remember your life befo...
674 78 13
The Lost Teardrop Of The Moonlight's Blessing A lone story that speaks for a shadow forgotten within years upon disappearance whom appeared once lig...
8K 380 9
❝ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—π–Ίπ—‚π—‹π–½π—ˆ π—†π–Ίπ—„π–Ύπ—Œ π—’π—ˆπ—Ž π—…π—ˆπ—ˆπ—„ 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖺 π–Όπ–Ίπ—‹π—‹π—ˆπ—. ❞ in which all mallory di moze wants to do is prove herself to her old...
659K 24.4K 44
''𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢,'' 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯π˜₯𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘒𝘡𝘩 𝘒𝘴 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘭𝘬𝘴 π˜₯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦...