With CEO Vyom (Complete)

By mp071105

"I didn't want to marry you." His words are a small whisper as if just saying them is a sin. "But I've never... More

Introduction + Authors Note
Chapter 1- Surprise!
Chapter 2- Good News
Chapter 3- Hello Doctor
Chapter 4- It's Okay
Chapter 5- In Transit
Chapter 6- Gin and Goa
Chapter 7- Back to Work
Chapter 8- Teamwork is Dreamwork
Chapter 9- Star Gazing
Chapter 10- Arranged Marriage
Chapter 11- Jatin
Chapter 12- Fixed Relations
Chapter 13- Nidha's Mehendi
Chapter 14- Holy Matrimony
Chapter 15- Homecoming
Chapter 16- The Palace
Chapter 17- Mr. and Ms. Gupta
Chapter 18- Working Woman
Chapter 19- Dr. Nidha Gupta
Chapter 20- Give Up
Chapter 21- Detective Nidha
Chapter 22- Healer
Chapter 23- Swiss Surprise
Chapter 24- I Love You
Chapter 25- Honeymoon
Chapter 26- Good News 2.0
Chapter 27- Baby on Board
Chapter 28- Mummy To Be
Chapter 29- Terror of the Night
Chapter 31- Long Cold Night
Chapter 32- The Heart's Place
Chapter 33- Friendly Beginnings
Chapter 34- Icecream Encounters
Chapter 35- Trapped
Chapter 36- Confrontation
Chapter 37- Just A Kiss
Chapter 38- Dr. Gupta
Chapter 39- Do You Still Love Me?
Chapter 40- Heart's Calling
Chapter 41- Perfect Ending

Chapter 30- Trust is a Privilege

442 38 19
By mp071105

Nidha's POV:

"Nidha!" A comforting voice calls my name, wrapping its arms around my shoulder and guiding me to the chairs.

"Vy...Vyom" I say in between shallow breaths. A single tear leaves my eye as the adrenaline also makes its presence unknown.

Before either one of us can say a word, Mr and Mrs. Gupta also make their way into the waiting room.

"Vyom what is happening?" Mr. Gupta directs his question to Vyom.

"Dad, I don't know-" Before he can finish, the ER light turns off and the doctor walks out removing his mask.

My heartbeat once again quickens as the family surrounds the doctors.

"I'm sorry we couldn't save the baby. The mother is conscious and will be moved to a room soon." The doctor keeps his words short and moves out of the room.

My breathing became even quicker and my mouth gaped. 'How could that be it? How could everything Ginny and Akshay had worked for come to an end so easily' Questions pool my brain as shock takes over my body.

A sudden shriek breaks everyone's shock and the ER doors open as a nurse hurried out.

Vyom's feet quickened as he barged into the ER room and found Ginny.

Ginny sat on the bed, her hair matted, cheeks stained with tears, and bandages wrapped around the back of her head.

My heart shattered into a thousand pieces seeing her like this. Vyom must've as well because his fists balled up at his sides, looking helplessly at Ginny.

"Ginny..." I took a big stride towards her to give her my comfort.

"DON'T" She lifted her hand in protest.

Confusion pooled me as I looked at her, unsure of her reaction.

"I'm so sorry about..." I sincerely consoled.

Her gaze darted up at me, more tears leaving her eyes.

"No, you're not. You are the reason this happened. Don't give me your fake sorry." Her words stung at my heart.

"Nidha, what is she talking about?" Vyom turned to me, his question filled with fear, worry, and a whole lot of confusion.

"I'll tell you," Ginny's words turned both of our heads towards her. "She pushed me down the stairs!" She cried.

A bitter taste pooled in my mouth as Vyom's eyes went wide.

"If you were so jealous of my baby, you should've told me! I would have made your children the heir! I just wanted my baby!" She shrieked and trashed around on the stretcher.

Nurses immediately rushed in and started surrounding Ginny, trying to restrain and hold her down.

"Sir, ma'am please wait outside." A nurse motioned us towards the door.

Mr. and Mrs. Gupta met us outside with a cloud of questions. 

"Wait Dad," Vyom halts his father, then grips my upper arm, and turns me towards him. "What happened?" 

I blink at his sudden stiffness. "Vyom, this isn't the time-" My voice in a whisper. 

"Nidha. What. Happened." His grip on my arm tightened, digging into my skin. 

His gaze burned through me, almost as if threatening to not let go until he got his answers. "Vyom, I got a call from Ginny at the party and left to help." I took a gulp trying to find the words for the next part. "We were going to the hospital and we slipped down the stairs." I bit my lip, the memories of a few hours ago flooded my brain. 

"Why." His voice was cold, I could almost make out a vein in his forehead pulsing. 

"Hm? What do you mean?" My eyebrows furrowed at his short words. 

"Why do you always have to take on everything by yourself!" He harshly let go of me causing me to fall back a step, losing my balance. 

"Vyom, you don't mean what you're saying," I tried calling out to him. 

"NO!" His voice was thunderous, causing the whole room to shake. "You do this all the time. Why couldn't you find me and take me with you? Why didn't you ask for help from the doorman to help you? Why do you have to be so hellbent on everything being fixed by you? So eager to be accepted and needed in life." 

His voice was loud, but it just rang in my ears. I couldn't focus on a word he said. The words almost seemed foreign. 

"Why don't you have an answer for me?" He called out to me. 

The bitter taste in my mouth spread and my throat dried. "Are you saying I pushed Ginny?" 

Vyom let out a breath, his nostrils flaring. "I am not saying that. You didn't push her but you could've easily avoided this Nidha. Why does everything have to be done by you and you only? Why can't someone be there to help you?" 

"She probably did push her" Mrs. Gupta called out from behind Vyom with a scowl. "She could've easily taken you with her from the party but she didn't even bother to let you know. Money clouds everyone's brains and morals."

Tears raced down my face as her words hit my heart. 

"That is not true! I messaged you. My phone... its..." I searched around trying to remember where I had placed it. 

"Right here," Vyom held up the phone. "For your information, I didn't get any message, the doorman called me. He also handed me this phone from the car." He handed me the phone which was dead. 

Ginny's sobs once again filled the hallway as her sedation had worn off. I closed my eyes trying to close off my ears from the shrieks. 

Vyom's fingers once again balled into a fist by his side. "My bhabhi is in there because of you." 

His words hot with anger burned holes through my heart. My brain was in shock at what was happening. 

"You ruin things with your way, your stupid thoughts. Just like you did now, and just the same way you did 4 years ago, ruining everyone's lives!" 

My eyes snapped from the floor to his face. He was unaware. Unaware that he had brought up the scars I had once confided in him during our Switzerland trip. My hands shook as his words floated around the room. 

4 years ago. 

"Nidha how are you?" Pihu Di's voice called out from my phone. 

Tears welled up in my eyes. "Di, I'm sorry! I had to leave. I had no choice. They were going to take back my college fee for Raj's business. I tried hard to stop them." 

My head pained recalling the countless arguments I had with my family. Begging them to let me continue my education, promising to be a successful doctor and contribute to the family. The hunger strikes I went through to stop them, and the countless beatings I took. All in vain because they could care less. 

"It's okay bacha, where are you? Are you safe?" Pihu Di's voice brought me back to reality.

"Di, I'm in Canada, I had the visa from when we went for your 3rd monthiversary." I looked around in the rented room I stayed in. Nothing but a bed and dresser in the room that looked like a box. Empty.

"Ok good, do your best to make your dreams true bacha." Pihu Di's voice gave me solace. 

"Di, are 'they' fine?" I asked, the 'they' referring to my parents. 

"They..." Di's voice halted. "They aren't happy. They've come by many times, blaming Mom, Dad, and I for your fleeing. Threatening to file a police case." 

I felt hot tears pool in my eyes. "Di, I'm coming back!" I couldn't stand my loved ones being in trouble because of me. 

"No! Don't you dare! You've worked too hard for this! Dev will send you numbers of people he knows there who can help okay?"

Anger pooled my stomach as I looked over at Vyom, who still couldn't see how much his words thorned me. 

My hands automatically rose delivering a crisp slap to his face. My hand stinging as I pulled away from his face. 

I had trusted him with my past and confided in him as my soulmate. But apparently, trust is a privilege, not a right. It has to be earned. I may have trusted him with all my life, but he most definitely had not. My words were mere scribbles for him.

With his words laying on my heart like a million thorns, I turned on my heels and walked away from the room. 

4 years ago, I had put myself first and I'm doing it once again.

Precap: Sneak Peak 😉

His soft hand lay on my cheek as a blush tainted them. "I missed you," He said softly, each word making the goosebumps on my skin instantly wake. 

My eyes traced his silhouette as his hand softly moved a strand of hair away from my face. 

His touch felt good.

Almost too good. 

...

Did you like the chapter!?

I'm finally on break and officially took time out to write a thought-out chapter!

I hope you also enjoyed that sneak peek, who knows what could happen in Chapter 31.👀

Please leave your thoughts in the comments throughout the chapter as it truly motivates me to write more and please vote and save. 

-💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51K 48
What happens when in revenge you hack a system and ultimately it leads in your unexpected marriage?? Catch the story of Naina Sharma- The Hacker and...
17.8K 1K 32
Aditya Roy Kapoor is a billionarie , CEO of His company , Kapoor industries and can do anything to achieve the thing which is his. Aditya does not ha...
494K 24.8K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...
2.5M 108K 52
️"I don't want this!!! " I said. "What?!!" He asked somewhat shocked. "I mean...I don't want this Marriage!!! " I said. "And why don't you want this...