Yes Mr Raines

By giftedkae

"Sir why are you always so interested in what I'm doing...Dont you have other students to tend to?" Wynter as... More

꧁ 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚛 ꧂
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎
𝚁𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚝
𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
𝙲𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍'𝚜 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚙
𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝙰 𝚏𝚞𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚜
𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍
𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚝
𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍
𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
𝙰𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜
𝙱𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚄𝚗𝚜𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎
𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔
𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚕𝚕
𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚗
𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚞𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝
𝙲𝚛𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚌
𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜
𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝙰𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚛
𝙰 𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍
𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜
𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎
𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜
𝙼𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚗
𝚆𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝
𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍
𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎
𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
•• The real gift ••

𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

3.3K 452 68
By giftedkae

Vote
Comment
Share

June 13th, 1:30 pm
● Chillin Restaurant // Kingston ●

~~~~~

I played with the ring on my finger as I waited for Elijah to meet me. Earlier I told Chez that I was going to handle some business, so he's at home with Chaélyn right now.

I didn't tell him that I was meeting Elijah but then did I need to, when he doesn't even know who he is?

Am I doing something wrong?

You tell me.

Mi nuh think suh.

I'm just meeting him to formally break things off with him. I know he probably heard by now that I'm engaged but still I think it's courtesy to just end things in person.

The last thing I need is this coming back to haunt me.

I already to the waiter earlier that I wouldn't be ordering anything. He was low key just flirting with me so I hope he doesn't come back to ask me what I'll be ordering.

Probably deevn hear a thing mi did seh.

I begin tapping my fingers impatiently as I glanced at the time on my Apple Watch.

1:40 and I told him 1:00.

"B."

I hear the familiar voice, he's here finally.

I glance up at him and he gives me his signature smile before talking a seat Infront of me.

"The traffic dealid mi a way B, sorry mi late." He apologizes.

I just nod.

All of a sudden my feelings for him are just...

Bland?

Maybe that's the word.

He was a rebound but mi cyah tell him dat. At first I didn't think so but now...

I'm wondering how I never realized that before.

"Yuh good b?" He asks.

"Yea I'm good, mi just zone out fi a minute."

"Ah."

He looks unconvinced but he doesn't dwell on the conversation.

"Yuh order anything yet?" He changes the topic.

I shake my head no, "There's really no need because I just came here to talk."

"Talk?" He repeats.

Once again I nod.

"Yes, about us, our...relationship."

His face is blank, he's listening but I know he can sense what's coming.

"Oh."

I fidget with my hands nervously.

I don't even know where to start. He's waiting for me to say something but the words can't seem to come out.

"You're ending this aren't you?" He speaks first.

I'm not surprised he picked up.

Just come out and say what you have to say Wynter.

"Yes...I am." I release a breath as I glance at him. I can tell he isn't pleased.

"Mek mi guess...yuh baby father?"

Fiancé

"Fiancé." I correct him.

I hate the term 'baby father', if yah guh seh dat just say  'child's father'.

"Fiancé?" He chuckles to himself as he shakes his head.

I roll my eyes,

"Why yah say it suh?"

He sits back and just stares at me.

"Couple months ago yah tell me how yuh wah we tek things to the next level once yuh youth born and now yah tell mi seh yuh engaged to yuh baby father, if yuh was me weh you woulda seh...better yet how yuh woulda react?"

Him ave a point.

"I know It's not easy to take in, but I had to tell you or would you have been happier if I sent you a wedding invitation?"

He nods, his lips slightly pouted.

He's a naturally calm person so I can easily tell when something is off with him.

"I'm sorry about the whole situation but I want you to know that i'm grateful for what you've done for me. It's unfortunate that we didn't work out but I don't regret the time we spent together." I continue.

His face softens, but it's awhile before he actually says anything.

"Mi rate seh yuh tell mi this in person still...although the news nuh pleasant." He shrugs. "Yuh love who yuh love yuh zeet."

I nod.

"I know one day you'll find a woman that's head over heels for you, I belive you deserve the best."

He smiles.

"Yea mon, hope she soon fawud." He jokes,

We share a laugh...

"Wish yuh all the best still, hopefully we can still be friends."

I smile, "We can."

~~~~

Surprisingly Elijah took the news better than I thought. I guess it's because our relationship never got far.

Or the passion really wasn't there. The feelings weren't that strong.

We were now making our way out of the restaurant.

He made it to his Red bmw and waved at me before getting in.

My car is parked on the other side of the parking lot, so the walk was abit longer for me.

I proceed to walk to my Audi and my eyes behold someone, someone I honestly thought I wouldn't see again.

Should I even say anything?

"Wynter?"

She beats me to it.

"Maliah." I reply...

~~ Meanwhile ~~
● St.Elizabeth// Stanmore ●

I was on a mission today, and that was to find out if my father and my siblings were ok. For years I wasn't allowed to visit them because of threats from Nickolas.

What I went through wasn't just happening when we were younger. Throughout my entire marriage I stayed away from Stanmore just because I wanted to protect my family.

Infact I remember trying to sneak out while he was at work one day. When I actually started to understand how this side of the world worked. I was stopped in my tracks because somehow Nickolas found out what I had planned.

That day I wanted to bring a truckload of food and clothes for them but they would never know.

Nick made the guards lock me inside and when he came home I received the beating of my life. After that he told me that if I ever tried anything like that again I wouldn't like what he would do.

I knew better than to challenge him then, but now that he's gone...I'm free to go where I want.

I typed my old address into my GPS system earlier and a few minutes ago I arrived in Stanmore.

At the moment I was driving trying to find the place I once called home.

The road felt very familiar however the buildings were very very different. The place looked more developed. Not much bush, nor houses.

I was just seeing wall, barb wire and...

A factory?

I stopped the car and allowed my eyes to travel up.

RIF...

Under it read The Raines industry factory.

What's puzzling is that this building seems to be in the same place my house used to be.

What really happened? Is all I wanted to know.

"Hello miss, I'm sorry but you're not allowed to park here." A man says as he approaches my car.

He's wearing a security guard uniform.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to linger...but by any chance do you know when this factory was built?" I ask him.

He seems to be in his mid thirties.

He shrugs, "Oye Fabian?" He calls.

Soon after another man that looks just like him emerges from the security boothe.

Why do they look so oddly familiar?

"When yasso build again?" He asks him.

He squints his eyes and scratches the back of his head. "Dis yah build up inna the 90s likkle afta dem lick down papa house."

What?

Papa?

"By chance are you talking about papa Brown, he was light skinned?" I asked.

"Hold on deh..." One of them pauses and looks at me for awhile.

Could they be my brothers, Victor and Fabian.

When I left they were about 9 years old, they wouldn't remember me, would they?

"Whitney?"

They do remember me...

"Victor and..."I look over at the other one. "Fabian?"

When I say their names they freeze for about a minute.

"Kakafawt, sista a you dis?"

Is he happy to see me?

It would seem so.

"Let me park a little further up." I tell them....

Meanwhile

Maliah and I sat in silence in my car.

Me sitting in the drivers seat tapping my nails on the staring wheel, while she sat in the passenger seat.

She said she wanted to say something to me yet here we are.

"Can you just tell me what you have to say, because mi really nave all day." I say breaking the silence.

"When I left a few months ago, I know there are a lot of things I didn't tell you..." she starts.

I scoff, allowing her to finish.

"At first I thought you wouldn't be able to handle me telling you but when I thought about it...I realized that it would be better if you knew the truth."

What is she getting at?

"How did you even know I was going to be at Chillin?" I ask.

"I planned to come to you but God allowed us to meet here...it's fate I guess."

God?

Fate?

She nuh bother bring God inna dis.

I scoff, "Just seh weh yuh affi seh because I have things to do, mi nave whole day."

"Fine, I'm just letting you know that you can relax now, my plan worked so you don't have to feel guilty anymore."

Weh shi even a talk bout?

I look over at her with an annoyed expression and in return she rolls her eyes. As if I should just understand her context right now.

"Do you remember what I wrote in the letter I left you?" She asks.

"You said a lot of things so be abit more specific." I tell her.

"I said soon a lot of things will come to light...like how Nickolas really died, who killed him and why?"

Huh?

My brows furrow in confusion as I listen to her. I really want her to get to the point.

"The truth is that, all of this was planned. Some things just fell into place if I'm being honest but for the most part it was all in the name of revenge."

I continue to stare at her, mainly because I feel like she's going to tell me something that will make me see her in a different light.

"Weh yah talk bout?" I ask.

"Nickolas is the one who killed daddy and in return I murdered him."

Wah?!

At this point I didn't even know what to feel. How to feel...

My sister murdered my fiancé's father...my father-in-law.

"Well I paid someone to do it at least." She continues.

Why she come back fi even tell mi dis?

"It's a lot to take in I know, but if anything should happen or better yet when I really leave I want you to know the whole truth."

I release a breath, "When yuh seh him kill daddy weh exactly yuh mean because I remember his death being caused by a mass accident at the construction sight."

That day still replays in my head whenever I think about daddy. He died when I was 12 and Maliah was 18. The day in particular Gsat results had come out and I found out that I was going to Andrews high school for girls.

I was so excited to go home and tell daddy since that's the school he wanted me to go to. He would always tell me how he pictured me in the uniform...it's just unfortunate he never got to see me in it.

That day I went home excited but my mood dampened as I saw multiple people in my yard and my mother sitting on the verandah crying.

A friend consoling her.

Someone told me that daddy died and for days I didn't speak I was just lost for words.

My father dying is something I never expected, something I could never imagine...something I never thought about.

"Chez probably doesn't even know about that but daddy was one of the contractors they hired when Raines Industries was being built, a lot of Shady business was taking place and they couldn't pay the contractors, that's why they killed them on sight to make it seem like an accident." Maliah tells me.

I felt my eyes getting watery as she spoke. So much memories were coming back to me...

"How do you even know this?" I ask her.

I watch her cross her arms and look forward.

"When I left home, I started investigating, at first Nickolas was someone I thought I could love because he treated me well but the more time I spent with him is the more I realized what type of person he was..."

I remained silent and allowed her to continue speaking.

"He was the biggest manipulator I've ever met in my entire life...he was a narcissist, an abuser..."she chuckles as she shakes her head.

"I played him at his own game and he didn't even realize."

Now it was as if she was talking to herself, I could put two and two together but somethings I still didn't understand.

"He loved me like a dummy and I took advantage of that, I did to him probably what his wife had wanted to do for years. I was doing a lot of people a favor by killing him and I don't care what type of morality you may want to preach to me, as I said before i'm only telling you this because you're my sister not because I'm sorry."

I didn't even know what to say.

"So you're saying Nickolas is responsible for daddy's death, you killed him out of revenge and on top of that you're saying he deserved it because he's really an evil person?" I ask her.

She nods.

"Then why did you allow yourself to have his child?"

She smiles, "Nyelah isn't his child, he just thought she was."

Wah?

This is way too much for me to handle...like way too much.

"Yuh know wah..." I trail off, "Nuh tell mi nothing else, right now mi heart cyah tek nuh more."

"I'll give you some time to process all this but there's more I have to say."

"How long will you be in the country?" I ask her.

"Just until next week."

"Then let's meet tomorrow and we'll talk some more, I'll have to get myself mentally prepared because everytime yuh tell mi sumn mi heart jump."

Mela chuckles abit. She agrees we should meet tomorrow before she exits my car.

She stands there and watch me pull out of the parking lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 52.4K 101
She was the undesired outcast, who stood out, yet simultaneously blended effortlessly into the background. I could see the panic in her glassy brown...
134K 1.6K 48
\\Please do not copy me!\\ ------------------------------------------------------------ The bell rings and I have to find my way to G3. 'G3... G3..' ...
772K 19.1K 61
He looked so innocent reading his book, almost peaceful. I stopped in the frame, admiring his face. His brows were pulled together in a concentrated...
614K 18K 56
This the OLD version of Owning Her, the updated version is on my page! You can still read this, but it has a different ending! but similar plot. "Wou...