Muggle // Severus Snape

By rissarosewrites

Severus moves his wife, Avalon, a muggle to hogwarts at the news of Sirius Blacks escape thinking Hogwarts wo... More

1. Muggle
2. Magical
3. We Need a Cat
4. Frog Choir
5. Hippogriff
6. Bogart
7. Mad Man
8. Remarkable
9. Qualified
10. Cancelled
11. Bunny Rabbit
12 True Love
13. I'm A Cat
14. Intrusive Thoughts
15. Newt
16. Happiness
17. Negative
18. Fail Them
19. Burnt
20. Evil Death Tree
21. Werewolf
22. Cheeto
23. My Girl
24. Daddy
25. You Got Mail
26. Malfoy Manor
27. Zap
Goblet of Fire
29. Dollhouse
30. World Cup
31. Single Malt Whiskey
32. Curse
33. Tri
34. Salamanders
35. Load of Bologna
36. Woe A Woman
37. Dragon Eggs
38. Miscreant
39. Dance Partner
40. Jealousy
41. Brewing
42. Lethal
43. Merpeople
44. Threatening Children
45. He's Back
46. Dark Marks
47. Test
Order of the Phoenix
49. Popcorn
50. Induct Him
51. Ultrasound
53. How Dare You
54. Unsuccessful
55. Smashing Ornaments
56. Unmerry Christmas
57. Truth
58. Harwin & Emmalina
59. Padfoot
60. Suffer
Half Blood Prince
62. Unbreakable
63. Terrify
64. Love Potions
65. Excuse Me For Caring
66. Arm Candy
67. Mysterious
68. Don't Tell Avalon
69. Luck
70. The Half Blood
Deathly Hallows
72. The Monster
73. Muggle Studies
74. Premonitions
75. Bad Man
76. Sanctuary
77. Herbology
78. Diadem
79. Villain
80. Pray
81. Venom
Begin Again
83. Promise
84. Apothecary
85. Muggle Life

52. Thestral

2.4K 117 9
By rissarosewrites

"Do you need help?"

"Sevy im pregnant not broken." Avalon corrected before grumbling. "Fine. Take it." She agreed. "Im a weakling," she decided. "What even is this?"

"I... Avalon dont be mad." he put back down the case of books. "I asked that you... assist myself this year."

"Why?" Avalon countered, he ran his hands over her arms.

"Grubly Plank is a decent enough professor but I dont want him... you are carrying precious cargo, you are precious cargo my love, you have seen up close the dangers of these creatures, I just want you safer."

"And your potions classroom is safer? The fresh air will do me good." Avalon assured.

"If you change your mind..." Severus encouraged. "KNow that you can join me at any time."

"Thank you Sevy." Avalon agreed. "Now help me with these books. I have class to get to."

"Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." Umbridge informed them all. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic. Yes?" Umbridge looked to a raised hand Hermione.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione questioned confused.

"Using spells? Ha-ha!" Umbridge cackled out. "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron shouted.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way. " Umbridge assured.

"What use is that?"

"If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Harry agreed.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." She demanded. "It is the view of the Ministry..." Her voice softened. "...that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient.. to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about."

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry countered.

"There is nothing out there, dear." Umbridge corrected. "Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry shouted.

+

"Harry, are you hurt?" Avalon questioned.

"Oh i'm fine." Harry resisted the urge to rub at his detention punishment. 'I must not tell lies' was burned into his skin.

"Are you sure?"

"You are pregnant," harry countered. "I didnt notice before, congratulations. I dont remember if I said it already." Harry countered. "Did I know you were-"

"Oh thank you, Harry. I'm very excited but it seems like bad timing with you know who out." Avalon agreed.

"You do believe me." Harry whispered.

"Yes. Of course. Severus and I have been talking about it all summer break. You know honey, I... I hope that you would consider maybe spending this next summer break with us. I was worried to death about you." Avalon admitted.

"You were?" Harry whispered taking a step closer.

"Of course, Harry I meant what I said that awful day of the last trial." Avalon cooed. "I do love you sweetie."

"Mama mama, Ms Luna said there are horses outside, magical horses." Amelia declared running up to them. "Hi Harry!"

"Hey AMelia." Harry answered. "You excited to be a big sister?" Amelias jaw dropped.

"Am I ever!" She declared. "I'm going to love them and cuddle them and dress them up, i'm going to play dolls with them and make sure the kitties love them too."

"That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish you were my sister." harry admitted.

"Mama can adopt you too." Amelia declared and harry looked to Avalon half hoping she would until he remembered who she was married to.

"Hello, Harry Potter." Luna said her voice was always a distant and airy tone. "Hello Professor Avalon."

"Hello Ms Luna." Avalon answered.

" Your feet. Aren't they cold?" Harry questioned looking to her shoeless feet.

"Bit." She agreed. "Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared." Luna added. "I suspect Nargles are behind it." She informed him seriously.

"Nargles? I'm not familiar." Avalon admitted.

" It is a small, bat-eared creature with purple to black skin and sharp teeth." Luna answered. "Nargles infest mistletoe and steal things. But my butterbeer cork necklace keeps them away." she added touching her necklace.

"Thats unique." Avalon offered.

"It's..." Amelia glanced to Avalon. "Unique." She agreed after a moments hesitation.

"I made it myself." Luna answered.

"What are they?" Harry nodded to the horses.

"They're called Thestrals." Luna answered. "They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit..."

"Different." Harry agreed.

"I can't see anything." Avalon countered.

"Where are the horses?" Amelia agreed looking around. Harry stared back at them.

"But why can't the others see them?" Harry questioned. "Why can't Avalon see them?"

"They can only be seen by people who've seen death." Luna answered.

The Thestral was a breed of winged horse with a skeletal body, face with reptilian features, and wide, leathery wings that resemble a bat's. They were native to the British Isles and Ireland, though they had been spotted in parts of France and the Iberian Peninsula. They were very rare, and were considered dangerous by the British Ministry of Magic. Thestrals were, undeservedly, known as omens of misfortune and aggression by many wizards because they were visible only to those who had witnessed death at least once.

"So you've known someone who's died, then?"

"My mum. She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment... and one day, one of her spells went badly wrong." Luna admitted. "I was 9."

"I'm sorry."

"Oh Luna," Avalon cooed giving her shoulder a squeeze. "i'm so sorry."

"Yes, it was rather horrible." Luna agreed. "I do feel very sad about it sometimes, but I've got Dad."

"Its good to have a good father." Avalon agreed.

"I love my daddy." Amelia agreed.

"We both believe you, by the way." Luna added.

Due to Thestrals' classification as XXXX, only experienced wizards should try to handle Thestrals. Breeding as well as owning these beasts might be discouraged or even illegal without Ministry consent.

A Thestral was also one possible corporeal form of the Patronus Charm.

"Severus," Avalon requested and he looked up from his assignments. "If someone has a thestral patronus is it really strong?"

"I have never met anyone with a Thestral patronus." Severus countered.

"You can see them, can't you." Avalon realized.

"Yes." Severus agreed.

"What do they look like?"

They were completely fleshless, their black coats clinging to their skeletons, of which every bone was visible. Their heads were dragonish, and their pupil-less eyes white and staring. Wings sprouted from each wither vast, black leathery wings that looked as though they ought to belong to giant bats. Standing still and quiet in the gathering gloom, the creatures looked eerie and sinister.

Thestrals had quite a disturbing appearance and the wizards who were capable of seeing them often described these creatures as being sinister and spooky. This was because they were seen as having big, bony figures and their dragon-like faces which bore white, glittering eyes that lacked both expression and pupils. Additionally, they were lured by the scent of blood, which was bad for their reputation.

Thestral's wings did not possess any feathers at all; they had vast, black and leathery wings that were more similar to those of bats.

In fact, trained Thestrals were smart enough to understand their rider's words when they ask to travel to a specific location.

Avalon loved how extensive Newts research was. How deeply he studied the animals as to know that they never could understand their riders.

These magical creatures could be found in dark environments and the forest was their natural habitat. They communicate with each other through a shrill and strange shriek that resembled some sort of monstrous bird.

Thestrals would forcefully attack anyone or anything they saw as a threat and in the unusual case of domesticated Thestrals, any enemy of its owners.

"I saw them first when I was at school. My father passed and..." Severus hesitated. Avalon kissed his cheek. Severus had told her the story of his parents. She knew he didnt like reliving it.

"Can muggles see them?" Avalon questioned.

"Yes. But it is not encouraged." Severus informed her.

"Too scary?" Avalon questioned leaning into him, he ran a hand over her stomach.

"Something like that." Severus agreed. "How was Gruble Planks lessons?"

"He is so unorganized and reckless, I miss Hagrid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 643 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
52.9K 1.3K 77
Hermione Potter is the first Potter to be sorted into Slytherin in centuries. She befriends the "evil" and scorns the "good". Is she a threat to the...
1.6K 69 4
Summary: It's been over five years since Voldemort's defeat when Harry Potter gets pushed through a portal and falls into the Great Hall of Hogwarts...
296K 10.6K 34
ā› James Potter love many things but his daughter always come first, so why would he wait for a crazy maniac to hurt her? ā› ā†’šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚ļæ½...