Broken Connection✔️

By Simplewriter_31

(completed) When Evelyn Cruz, the youngest of the Cruz siblings, comes full circle back to an old family frie... More

•Aesthetics•
•Authors note•
{1} How it began
{2} It's business
{3} Stop it.
{4} Lost
{5} Her.
{6} Perfection
{7} Eye contact
{8} Friends
{9} Cruz sisters
{10} Trouble
{11} Memories
{12} Frustration
{13} Turn of events
{14} No remorse
{15} Harsh Memories
{16} Deadly Contract
{17} Addict
{18} Sensualy Loving
{19} Selfish.
{20} Welcome home
{21} People pleaser
{22} Calm before the storm
{23} Something real
{24} Surprise.
{25} Fairytale
{26} The storm starts rolling in
{27} Nightmare
{28} Something born in the dark...
{29} Does it end?
{30} Something missing.
{31} Run.
{32} Pain
{33} Understanding
{34} Burn the world for you
{35} A New Chapter
{37} Happily Ever After...
~Authors Note~
Epilogue {How it ended}
Dangerous Love

{36} Evermore

274 6 10
By Simplewriter_31

When you see this " <3 " I suggest playing 'Everything works out in the end' - Kodaline.

(I highly suggest it, Enjoy)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Two and a half months later

Life has been easier, to say the least. I've finally started to sleep without nightmares or reoccurring thoughts of the past. It's like my world has soaked its color back in and it's just so good. The air is starting to get warmer. It's February, and it's not as cold so that cool breeze is refreshing. 

I walk into the apartment and I can hear little footsteps running around in the living room. I already know who's come to visit so I peek around the corner as if hiding. Adrien, Rose, Brody, and his dog Dash are in the living room with Grayson. They all mingle while watching Brody and Dash play on the floor.

"Well if it isn't you two little rascals!" Eventually, I stop admiring from afar and step into the living room, heads turning. Brody's face lights up at the sight of me and Dash bolts towards me. "LYN!" Brody screams excitedly as I reach him. His nickname for me shows how close we've gotten over these past few months of endless visits from others trying to show their love towards Grayson and me.

"C'mere you little goof," I softly drop to the floor on my knees and open my arms for Brody to run into; which he does gladly. "Ugh, did you grow in the past week?" I growl against his skin. "It's Grayson's pancakes," He comments laughing. The giggles grow louder as I lay him down on the ground and start tickling him. "Stinker! You ate without me?" 

"Gray fed me!" He snorts, I let him rest and sit back on my legs as I push my hair back. That's when I noticed everyone watching me. My eyes meet Grayson. "What?" I ask as I study his eyes lost in me. "..Nothing," Yet it's not nothing because he smiles softly. 

"By the way your parking sucks. Your car was too close to mine this morning. I struggled to get in, you almost made me late for work." Getting up off the floor, I sit down on the couch next to him. He smirks. "Which car?" I roll my eyes at his spoiled remark. He has like four cars in the garage. It's insane.

And that's not all the ones he owns.

"I hate you." I retort looking away from him jokingly. "No, you don't," His fingers wrap around my chin and I look at him, "You love me." In front of everyone, Grayson's lips meet mine in a quick kiss. Still against his lips, I smile, "No, I definitely hate you. Don't seduce me Valor." 

"Can you guys not rub my loneliness in? Stop fuck-" I watch Adrien stop himself from cussing as his eyes meet Brody's. I chuckle and then snuggle against Grayson, tucking my legs up onto the couch and resting my head on Grayson's shoulder. "I love you," I whisper only for him to hear as we watch Rose start smacking Adrien on the arm and Brody joins in.

Grayson looks down at me and plants a soft kiss on my head before whispering back, "I love you too." It's like everyone in the room disappears for a moment because I get lost in Gray's eyes. Everything bad that's happened dissipates into nothing and all the good comes up to the surface. I really can't imagine being in love with anyone but Grayson. Yeah, he killed a little bit of me when we fell out, yet he came back and revived that part of me that I thought was dead. 

He fixed things in me that I didn't even know needed fixing. Grayson brought love back into my life and I don't know how exactly to put that into words. It's like just saying it isn't enough. No amount of words or actions in this world could surmount my love for him. 

"Okay well, we're gonna go before we watch a weird ass movie of you stuffing each other's throats with each other's tounges." Adrien gags but Rose just rolls her eyes and holds onto Dash's leash. "Whatever you single prick." Adrien gasps and goes to respond, Rose cuts him off by pushing him towards the entrance. "See ya later!" Rose shouts over her shoulder.

"Bye!" I yell back before I hear the door shut. My eyes meet Grayson before I chuckle and get up, straddling him. His hands grip onto my hips and my lips meet his. Every kiss is like a charge of energy for me, like a voltage. I just can't get enough.

"How about," I peck his lips and run a hand down his dress shirt. Him after work is such a turn-on, his sleeves rolled up, his hair a little ruffled, his calm composure. "we take this off," One by one I unbutton his shirt and he sits up enough to pull it all the way off. "Stop wearing these dresses Ev," His eyes skim my flared black bodiced dress. It was fitted to every curve in my body, with skin-tight sleeves and a mini slit at the bottom of the mini skirt. 

"I won't be able to keep my hands off you." I scrunch up the fabric from the bottom and pull it over and off my body. "Yeah, that's kinda the point." I climb off of him and take his belt off, tossing it on the couch elsewhere. He unbuttons his pants and slides his pants and boxers off. His eyes linger as I bend over, taking off my white lace underwear. With my matching bra still on I climb back on top of him and meet him halfway in a kiss.

My fingers run deep into the soft locks of his hair. His hair gets a little more curly the more he lets it grow out and I love it. Grayson grips my hips a little hard so I lift my hips up and let him adjust right outside of me before his hands guide me down onto him. My lips release his in a gasp of pleasure. "Oh god,"  I whisper against his mouth. 

It starts at a slow pace, with very sensual kissing and hands guiding me when to go up or down. Lately, our sex has been very in the moment. We start caring less and less about waiting till we're in bed like we used to prefer. Two weeks ago I had to fly to Texas with Katie for a book event and Grayson and I knew the personal plane we were on was still not enough privacy since Katie and Adrien were there. So the second we landed we locked ourselves in the airport bathroom for families and had sex for half an hour. It consisted of a lot of on the walls and counter action and him covering my mouth with his hand. 

Last week we were parking in the garage and we got impatient so we hopped in the back of the car and fucked. Oh and did I mention we haven't been using a condom? Yeah, I'm on birth control but we're letting god take the reins for now. If I end up pregnant again then so be it. It's not like we are trying, we just aren't avoiding it either. A plus is just having better sex with skin-to-skin.

"Mm," I groan as the pace starts getting a little faster and the thrusts become deeper. "Y'know we shouldn't be doing this right now," Grayson chuckles under his breath. "why?- Fuck, right there," This conversation is distracting me. Why is he talking? 

"Because I have a-" he stops mid-sentence and groans as I tighten around him. "I reserved something for us in thirty minutes." See, I would stop riding him and stare at him but I'm awfully close so now we are having a full-on conversation mid-sex. "fuck, okay just-" A wave of pleasure hits me and I moan loudly into the high ceiling living room before tucking my face into Grayson's nape. 

"Shit Ev," Grayson hugs my body before flipping us onto my back, and the couch now below us. He grabs one of my legs and hoists it up onto his shoulder before slipping back into me. 

I don't think pleasure could get any better. Clearly, Grayson is the standard of all girls in bed because he always has me screaming. 

"Oh my god!" My whole body arches as Grayson drives himself into me, his arm wrapped around my leg that's on his shoulder. "Look at me Evelyn," The pleasure has me in a frozen state of awe, my head thrown back and my back arched. "Evelyn." This time I manage it and look at Grayson who's eyes are already dead set on mine, watching what he's doing to me. 

"Gray," A moan vibrates through my whole body, pleasure enough to make me see stars. "I know baby, I know.." Grayson coos, his attention coming to the fact that I'm nearing my high. He drops my leg and falls down onto me, his arm wrapping around my head, the other on my thigh. "Grayson, I-" I try talking but his lips latch onto mine, our moans suppressing into the other.

Grayson finally loses the fight and unravels, his warm release inside of me driving me over the edge. My own climax comes over me, our bodies going still. Gray's lips slowly come off of mine, then he chuckles and lays his head on my nape. "God, I love you."

"I love you too," I whisper exhausted. But Grayson hears the fade in my voice so he lifts himself off of me and picks me up. "Don't you dare? We have time to shower and then we need to leave." I groan. "Grayson you just crashed an orgasm over me and expect me to get ready in less than ten minutes?" My eyes meet his as we go up the stairs. "You're ridiculous." 

He just smiles and pecks my lips. "It'll be worth it. I promise." 

•••••••••••••••

The sunset looks beautiful. We've been driving for half an hour and luckily; according to Grayson, we're on time. His hand is resting on my thigh, my head laid back on the seat looking out of the window. "You gonna tell me where we're going yet?" I ask turning my head to him. A smile spreads across his face, his eyes on the road still. "You're so impatient." 

"Shut up."

"Oh look we're here!" I turn my head to the window and see nothing but the road. My excitement turns into a straight face as Gray's chuckle fills the car. "You know, it's not nice to tease me like that." I look over at his amused face. "C'mon ev, what happened to that humor you had?" He cooed tickling my thigh.

Even with his eyes on the road I'm blushing at his words. It should be somehow humanly impossible to be this affected by one person's simple words. "You mean your humor as in throwing me in the pool at sixteen? Or humor like teasing me on our supposed reserved spot?" Finally, his eyes meet mine at a red light. "Both. I'm just really funny." 

"Eyes on the road, clown." I tease back with a smile. Grayson revs the car and starts driving again. The drive after that is a calm comfortable silence, it's short though. "Okay, I'm serious this time," I turn towards Grayson as the car comes to a stop. "we're here." 

As I look out of the windshield window I meet the calm hours of Coney Island. "Gray, you can't reserve the beach babe." He ignores me and steps out of the car, walking around the front and opening my door. "Did you-"

"I heard you, but you're underestimating my power, Ev." Is it possible to fall in love with being in love? Because I'm pretty sure this is pretty damn close. This was in the quiet walk on the beach looking out into the sunset, Grayson's hand in mine, my head on his shoulder, his laid atop of mine. 

"Hey Ev," He speaks softly.

"Hm?" I hum in response, my thoughts more preoccupied with finding a way to make this walk forever.

"Can I tell you something?" I chuckle a soft breath, look up at him, and nod. "I think my biggest regret in life is not keeping you close to me, that I lost you and had to get you back." His eyes scanned every inch of my face like he was looking to see if I was real. 

I tighten my grasp on his hand. "I think it's finally time to relieve you, Gray," his eyebrows furrow. "I forgive you. For all of it." A weight seems to be picked up off our shoulders. "Thank you, but I think I'm about to solve our problem." His smile turns soft.  

<3

It's not till now that I realize our surroundings because when we suddenly stop walking I'm standing under a white gazebo with golden string lights trimmed around it. I look behind us, the path we just walked having red rose petals scattered all the way here, to the very spot we stand. How did I not notice?

"I'm not making that mistake again Evelyn," My eyes find Grayson's, and I catch a slight shake in his voice. "I'm not- I won't let you out of my grasp again. Not only because I'm in love with you but I think by this point I won't be able to physically or mentally survive without you." It's now a battle to see who will let the first tear fall. 

"All those years ago when I met you, all I ever thought of us being was friends. But as years passed and we rekindled I started imagining a future with you. And Evelyn, I really don't think I can imagine that future with anyone else." I'm starting to lose it here, the tears are threatening to cascade down my face.

"We've been to hell and back, I get that. Yet constantly I found some form of heaven in you. A simple smile, your presence, everything about you really just makes me believe all that hell was worth seeing a little heaven." 

"Grayson you're going to make me cry," I breathe out looking up, the pooling tears under my eyes nearing not being able to hold still. "I know we both thought our hearts went cold because we became corrupt Ev, but it was just us being apart that really made us cold. The second we were okay again every ridiculous thought I had about fairytales not existing disappeared."

Grayson tugs at my hands so I look back at him, tears pooling in his own eyes. For once I'm happy to see us crying. This is not the type of crying we'd been crying, this crying is happy. "Evelyn, I love you. You're probably the closest thing a human can get to being in a fairytale, this right here, what we have," 

"I want this forever."

My heart stops for a second, then tears are free to start falling down my face. When they do I start sobbing softly with one hand over my mouth.

I watch Grayson Valor, the guy I swore I hated seven months ago then ended up falling in love with... drop down onto knee in front of me, a small white velvet box open in front of me. The tears consuming us both now. "Gray-"

"Ev," Grayson chuckles a little, looking at the sobbing mess we've just become in a matter of seconds. "Will you marry me?" 

I nod once.

Then twice.

"Yes- oh my god, yes!" Grayson takes the ring out of the box, the little gold band with a rectangle-shaped diamond in the center, and slides it onto my finger. He never fails to know me better because the ring fits perfectly on my finger.

Gray stands up off the floor and his arms wrap around my waist, his lips meeting mine between tears. My shaky hands holding his face to mine, the world around us becoming nothing but the setting of our movie. 

When the kiss softly breaks our almost glistening eyes meet in an instant. "I love you Grayson, I want nothing more but to be with you."

"Till death do us part?"

"I don't think even death could part us, Gray." We both chuckle. 

"What do you think? Hm? Think we'll be okay?" I ask, my nose brushing against Grayson's. 

"Oh, I think we'll be more than ok."

The breeze passes by as my lips meet his again, and in this very moment, I feel my soul purpose completely. This is what I live for, what I was meant to do.

To be here like this with Grayson. Happily ever after.

Hello there,

Future Evelyn Valor. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 6.3K 56
"Why aren't you scared?" I whine and he laughs. "Come on, you wouldn't dare hurt me with that. It's too risky, and I can get out of this easily...
447K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
79.6K 3.6K 58
"Let me leave" I growl trying again but he does it again, I quickly step the other side successfully getting round him. But just as I reach the door...
211K 10.9K 81
Book #2 in The Fire series SELENE BLAZE "You've got the wrong girl." I say as I continue to take a step backward. He stepped forward not letting me g...