Perfectly Imperfect

By Shivikaitsme

Both hated each other Fell at the first dance Realised too late Destiny brings them together after 7 years Is... More

A/N
Cast and Playlist
1.The dream interview!
2.I'm getting married?
3. I agree to meet him/her!
Aesthetics and Mood Boards✨
4.It's My Milkshake!
5.We Are In Love
6.You are handsome!(oops)
7.Will you go on a date?
9. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun?
10. Chalein?
11. My brother!
12. The Hate Phase
13. Happy Birthday!
14. Do You Trust Me?
A/N
15. Pehle Mein!
16. Surprise?
17. Moment Of Truth ( Edited )
18.Who Lives? Who Dies?
19. Trail Of Smiles
20. She Isn't Any Girl

8.The Bike Ride

58 5 0
By Shivikaitsme

You know how they say love is unconditional. It comes without expectations. I seem to disagree. I have never seen a mother not expecting to see love for her in her child's eyes. I have never seen bestfriends not feeling lonely after a fight. But I have seen the mother making sure her child didn't sleep empty stomach. I have seen the bestfriends standing up for each other in their worst. If there's love there are expectations. It's upto us do decide.

~your someone♡

Check out my insta account: dreamofluvvv for sneak peeks of the story.

______________________________________

Inaya's POV

The meeting went well and now we are leaving for Mumbai the next month for 2 weeks to supervise the project directly. Now I need to handle this mess created by Ms. Fashionista.

I realised me and Abhinash are already friends so I click on the chats option in order to not disturb him.

I called Ishika as she must be home by now.

On the call*

Ishika:(cheerfully )Hey Di! What's up?

Inaya:(angrily) When did you click our picture? And why did you post it? Do you have any idea how many people saw it now?

Ishika: (funny tone)Shaant shaant gadadhari Bheem!

Inaya: (firmly) Ishika! Not the time for jokes.

Ishika:(giggling) ok ok! I clicked it when you guys where whispering sweet nothings to each other.

Inaya: I will bury you 6 feet under the ground now (faking anger)

Ishika: fir jiju ke jute kaun churaye ga shaadi mein? Kher woh sab chhodo mujhe Naira ke sath movie dekhne jaana hai. Aap apni tensions apne paas rakho. Byeee
[Then who will steal my to be brother in law's shoes. Anyways leave it. I'm going for a movie with Naira. You keep your tensions to yourself.]

Inaya: But at least del-

She hung up. This girl will be the reason for my early old age symptoms. As I was keeping my phone in the bag it rang-
I'm sure she saw the picture. What if she- No no no. I pick up immediately

On the call*

Unknown: power couple huh? Don't you think you are enjoying your new life too much Inaya? I asked you to stay from him!

Inaya: Don't you dare think about even harming the families. It's between you and me. Nobody would love you the way you think!

Unknown: I love him! He's mine!

Inaya: He was never yours to begin with!

Unknown: and you think I will let him be yours? (Chuckling sarcastically)

Inaya: And you believe I will let you touch them? Brave of you!(smirked)

Inaya hung up*

I can feel my hands sweating. I held onto my chair for support. This isn't going the way I intended. I need to get to the proof immediately. I can't let anything happen to them. I would never be able to forgive myself again.
I composed myself and went for the door. I need to talk to Abhinash but first I need to go home.

Abhinash's POV

I don't know why she seemed tensed on the texts. Is it bothering her so much to have a picture with me posted on social media? Or is it something else? I hope it's not the former.

Time skip*

The operation was successful. The patient is suffering from Alzheimer's. The operation will ensure his normal body functioning for the while but his memory tends to fade more with time. He's 75 year old. His wife,the most serene and positive person I have ever met. She comes everyday and sits beside her husband for hours talking to him about their old days. He sometimes forgets her but listens intendly everytime she speaks. I have never seen her crying. She smiles always. They look at each other with so much love in their eyes. There is always a feeling beyond the medical expertise. It makes me have faith in love a bit more everytime.

I come out the OT

"The operation was successful ma'am. You can meet him after we shift him to his room. Take care." I said resting my hands on her shoulder as she looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Shukriya beta. Joog joog jiyo. Bhagwan tumhe ek pyaari si jivan sathi de." She said resting her hand on my head as I bent to her level.
[Thank you beta. Stay blessed. I hope God blesses you with a loving life partner too.]

"Shukriya Ma ji." I smiled and went to my cabin.
[Thank you aunty]

In the cabin*

"I was so waiting for you Abhi." Shriya said turning to look at me as she sat on my desk. Desk!

She got up and started towards me.

"What are you doing in my cabin?" I asked frustrated. She is the most annoying person I have ever met since high school. She ended up being a dermatologist because of her decent performance but that doesn't allow her to intrude in my damn life.

"My shift is over so I thought if we could go for coffee?" She asked seductively coming towards me.

Inaya's POV

I reached home and went in to see no one. Ma and Papa are most probably still in the hospital and Ishika went for movie. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of jeans and casual shirt. As I was about to leave-

My phone rang and it was Roop. Now I'm totally screwed.

On the call*

Roop: (freaking out) How could you not inform me about meeting a guy's Winter!!! Is this what friends are for huh??? You betrayed me!!! I'm gonna take my revenge!!! Even Rehaan knew about Abhinash meeting someone!!!

(I concluded Rehaan to be Abhinash's close friends. The world is really small)

Inaya: calm down Ms. Violence. I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you. With all these new job and meeting his family. But I agree no excuses should be allowed. I will compensate.

Roop:(dramatically) Good. Now you came to the point. We are meeting tomorrow evening at our usual place. I need to know everything! I'm getting a handsome Jija ji! There are so many things to decide oh God! I haven't even bought any outfits. We so need to go to shopping and did you decide the destination of-

Inaya: (sarcastically) Gaon basa nahi aur rehne wale pehle chale aaye.

Roop:(teasingly) ab toh gaon aur Tera Ghar dono basne wala hai. Ab toh mummy papa meri bhi shaadi karwa denge! Haaye meine ab tak lehenga bhi nahi kharidna! And we are totally matching!

Inaya: Tu aur tere dramein! Ok I need to go somewhere. Meet ya tomorrow.

Roop: okay bye Love ya winter!

Inaya: me too. Bye

Sometimes I wonder if I have a kid or a friend.

I made another call and locked the house. I started towards my motorbike in the garage. For some reason I never liked cars much. I had also participated in racing while I was in USA. It makes me feel alive.

Time skip*

I reached the hospital and went for the reception. They immediately recognised me and let me in. Some perks of being the daughter of Verma's.

I went towards Abhinash's cabin and could hear him talking as I approached the door.

"What are you doing in my cabin?" I heard Abhi asking someone.

"My shift is over so I thought if we could go for coffee." A girl's voice I assumed said seductively. Ewww

"I'm occupied Dr.Shriya. Now if you please leave?" He said almost frustrated. Shriya huh!

"Abhi why do you always ditch me? Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked in the most intentionally innocent voice possible. Why is she calling him with a nickname? Aren't they colleagues?

Now you will see sweetheart....

"I didn't know your cousin sister works in the same hospital love." I said announcing myself as I went towards Abhinash and side hugged me.

"Nice to meet you Dr..... Shriya? I'm Abhi's girlfriend. If you would excuse us? We actually have a date night." I said kissing his cheeks. He has turned almost red.

"I hope you don't mind Dr. Shriya." I could practically see her face drop. She couldn't reply for a good while.

"I-I will leave." She said embarrassingly looking everywhere but us. She deserves some more. Doesn't she? As she reached for the door-

"Shall we leave love? It's getting late." I said hugging him and I'm sure she looked sideways.

"Sure we should sweetheart." He said as his lips brushed slightly against my forehead.

She left.

"I didn't know you were so good at embarrassing people Ms. Verma." He said turning to me as we broke from the hug.

"You don't know so many of my talents Mr. Malhotra. Just wait and watch. Now go get changed. I will wait for you."

"As you say ma'am." He said dramatically and I chuckled.

None of this is his fault and yet he lost so much. Everytime I look at his smiling face all I want is to protect it, protect it from the world even if that means it will break us apart. He deserves the happiness. He should never have been a part of the mess. It's all my fault and I'm not going to repeat it again.

Abhinash's POV

I changed into my casual outfit and went inside to see her sitting on the couch beside my desk, drowned in deep thoughts. Her eyebrows slightly arched and her lips in a pout. Her cheeks tinted pink with the natural blush she is gifted with. My heart skipped a beat when she called me love. I wish she calls me love for real once.

"Are you dreaming about me Ms. Verma?" I asked smirking as I walked towards her.

"There are a lot of important things in this world other than you Dr. Malhotra." She said coming out of trance. She was certainly thinking about me.

"I see. So I'm not important to you Ms. Verma? I'm hurt." I said dramatically keeping my palm near my heart.

"Don't you think you are a bit too dramatic for a surgeon Dr. Malhotra? Now come on we need to leave." She said holding my hand and dragging me out of the cabin as I immediately grabbed my purse, phone and keys from the desk. Everyone in the corridor looked at us with a shocked expression and I couldn't help but smile seeing how unaware she was about her surrounding. This girl doesn't know the effect she has on me.

We reached the parking area but she dragged me past my car.

"Inaya my car is-"

"No car. I have got my motorbike. You will love it I'm sure!" She said taking out the keys from her pocket as she smiled so heartily. She was always the bike girl. But I don't like bikes!

"Inaya no! I don't like bikes!" I said immediately as she won't stop.

"And I love it! Won't you do this much for me Abhi?" She asked innocently. Ms. Always serious suddenly being childish. How am I supposed to deny?

"Fine let's go. But if I die I will haunt you in your sleep."

"Then I will again take you on a ride in my dreams. Now let's go!"

She said wearing her helmet and indicating me to take a seat on the back. I reluctantly sat as she passed me a helmet.

"All set?" She asked gripping on the handles.

"For dying? I don't think so?" I said wearing the helmet.

"God isn't interested in taking such intelligently dramatic people Dr. Malhotra."

"So-"
Before I could say anything she started the bike and before I blinked my eyes we were on the road. How speed is she riding?!

"Inaya! Slow down I will die! Oh God! I'm putting on the blame on you!" I almost screamed.

"Calm down Abhinash we are within the speed limits. You aren't habituated to a bike's speed."

"I don't know! I will charge you for murder!"

"I will die with you if you die stupid! Now shut up and let me ride!"

"I will complain the authorities for mental abuse even if we don't die!"

"You can do whatever you want Aamras! Now focus on the ride. Close your eyes and feel the life embracing you. Don't focus on the speed. Focus on the breeze caressing your face." She- what? Aamras? She called me Aamras? Does she remember anything? Was it a lapse of memory or maybe it's just a coincidence?

I did as she said. I closed my eyes and felt the air brushing past us as we rode through it. She is here with me. Everything is fine. I shouldn't fear anything else.

"Did-did you just call me Aamras?" I asked hesitantly afraid to trigger her memory as it may cause immediate headache due to strain but my desperate self couldn't wait.

"Yes. Did you not like it? If you don't -"

"No-no I absolutely liked it. It's- it's a perfect name. Can-can I call you milkshake?" I asked. The fear of dying of bike accident long gone from my mind now.

"Sure you can. A name for a name right?" She screamed through the air.

"We are reaching in 5 minutes hold me tight if you don't want to die." She cautioned.

"You said I won't die!!!" I screamed holding her tight.

"Recall our conversation Aamras. I never said you won't die." I could practically feel her smirking as she said that.

"I hate you Milkshake!!!"

"I hate you too Aamras!!!"

God I'm falling in love again when I never stopped to begin with. This girl will be the death of me...

______________________________________

Heyyy lovelies!
I hope you liked this chapter.
Who do you think this unknown person is? And why is she after them?
Do let me know in the comments.
And don't forget to vote🙈💕✨

~your someone♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 8.2K 37
They were best friends once, always with each other. An accident, that changed their lives forever. She was thrown out of his life and now she's ba...
30.6K 2K 17
" From the fragments of a broken start, destiny choreographs a symphony of arranged union with shared dreams and understanding, turning strangers int...
37.8K 1.4K 14
"𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒕 π’šπ’π’– π’ˆπ’, π’”π’–π’π’”π’‰π’Šπ’π’†, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 π’π’π’π’š π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ...
1M 72.1K 68
π€ππ‡πˆπŒπ€ππ˜π” π‘π€πˆπ‚π‡π€ππƒ 𝐱 π“π‘πˆπƒπ‡π€ 𝐑𝐀𝐉𝐏𝐔𝐓 " Just leave me alone , abandon me like everyone else ! " she yelled and broke down...