๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ. Evan...

By GrandBubble

- ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ - "It's knowing that this can't go on forever... likely one of us will have to spend... More

summary; cast
one; season four
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one; hunter begins
thirty two; hunter begins cont.
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six; season five
thirty seven
thirty eight
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

thirty nine

2.3K 90 8
By GrandBubble

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter thirty nine.

THE CALLAHAN'S BLONDE BABY hairs wisped wildly in the wind, the wind of the medavac helicopter and it's rotors blew strongly against her and the other firefighters. She was more concerned with her braids than she was with the aircraft barely hanging onto the building.

"Hen, Buck, you check that cabin and see what we got. Eddie, hunt, you're with me," the captain ordered with a yell over the loud motor whining.

Hunter watched, a hand holding onto Eddie's free one as he leaned into the cabin, reaching to turn off the propelling rotors. The Callahan swore as the helicopter shifted at the sudden lost of movement from the engine, her body lurching forward slightly as she refused to let go of the Diaz.

She felt a hand grasp at her belt, keeping her from falling over the ledge of the roof, "we're slipping," she had heard Buck yell out.

"Yeah, no shit," Hunter called back with a grunt as she watched Eddie place himself upright in the helicopter, no longer falling through the window. The Diaz shot her a quick thumbs up before gently letting go of her hand.

Buck had helped pull Hunter up, rolling his eyes at her comment in the heat of the moment as they both moved to hold onto the flimsy cable that was keeping the helicopter from crashing to the ground.

"Backboard!" Chimney announced as he came out of the stairwell with the fore mentioned item before handing it down to Hen. "Hen, what do we got?"

"Spinal. I'm guessing cervical. We need to flip him on this backboard."

"That's a two-person job," chimney pointed out, reading himself to climb down.

"I'm available," Hunter heard Eddie faintly yell up as if it was the most simply thing ever. The Callahan rolled her eyes at the selflessness of the Diaz but kept her mouth shut.

The roof was quieter than when they had first entered but yet Hunter could still barely hear a thing. The chaos of the city was loud even from tens of stories above. Her hands a begun burning long ago as she held into the rope in hopes of relieving some of the tension the helicopter was placing on the worn out window washing hooks that the roof had.

Hunter waited, and she watched, with heavy breaths leaving past her lips as she looked past Buck and saw as the second of the two stretchers was raised in the air. It didn't take long for the nurses to quickly take charge and bring the pilot down from the roof.

Her breath hitched slightly as she kept waiting for Hen to come up, Hen had safely climbed over not long after the pilot but she was waiting for Eddie. Hunter looked over, her captain watched ahead too but he seemed distracted, too much so for the Callahan's liking.

A small sigh of relief left Hunter's lips as she saw Eddie's head peak up, she reached forward, moving to grab him by his forearms as she pulled him over the ledge and let his two feet hit solid ground once more.

"The winch in here, cap," Buck told their captain but he quickly shook his head.

"No time for that," Hunter frowned as she watched her captain wrap the line around his waist and clip it, there wasn't a slight chance this was a good idea. Albeit, Hunter still supported it as she grabbed onto the line along with the rest of the 118 as Bobby climbed over the edge of the roof, slowly dropping his down to the heart in hopes of him being able to retrieve the heart for transplant.

The irking noice of the side of the helicopter scraping against the brick of the building felt like nails against hunter's ear drums. She felt the rope slide slightly through her gloved hands as her feet pulled forward slightly.

"Hold," one of the boys had called out as if that hadn't been the original plan, Hunter refrained her best from rolling her eyes.

Her captains voice rang in her ears, "got it."

The small victory was short lived as the small whirl of the metal line holding the helicopter snapped, repelling down from the break in tension.

The sound of the metal clashing against the ground made her cringe as she jumped forward to look down at the side of the building, hoping to see Bobby still there. A small laugh escaped from her as she saw Bobby staring up at the rest of the 118 with an exasperated smile— but most importantly, he was holding a small red cooler in his hand as he dangled there.

"Are you boys gonna pull him up, or not?" Hunter asked with a roll of her eyes as she pushed Eddie out of her way and reached for the line that was secured to their captain's harness. Her words seemed to jump start the other members of the 118 as they reached to pull the captain up.

The heart was quickly handed off to a nurse as soon as Bobby's boots touched solid ground on the concrete of the hospital roof. "Any chance you can do a transplant in the dark?" A nurse jokingly suggested.

"We'll get the generators running. And I bet by the time we do, the city will have the power back on," Bobby spoke out, his energy nearly drained for the day.

"I don't know about you, but I haven't had this much fun since my first deployment," Hunter sighed out sarcastically as she wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. The LA heatwaves would be the death of her and arguably, she'd rather die at the hands of an IED than in the streets of LA.

"You and I remember deploying very differently," Eddie breathed out as he patted the girl on the back, striding past her and to the stairwell.

Hunter dreaded going back inside the hospital, the stuffy air would drive her insane. The Callahan and the Buckley were the last two firefighters on the roof. Buck walked up to the blonde, throwing an arm over her shoulder as Hunter reached around his waste, looping a finger through on of his belt loops as the began walking.

"I'll be glad to get home— out of this shit show," Buck muttered with a sigh as he tried to lay a soft kiss against Hunter's forehead but the Callahan quickly dodged it.

"I am sweaty and on the verge of killing myself," she warned him, her braid were sticking against her head as leaned her head away from him.

Buck hummed softly, "that's too bad," he said, ignoring her as he still managed to lay a kiss amongst her face. The blonde rolled her eyes, feigning annoyance as she pushed him away as they started down the steps. Her eyes snapped up as the lights above flickered on, it seemed Bobby had been right.

Hunter was more than glad to be out of the stuffy hospital and back to the fire house, although she would have rathered her shift having ending already, she couldn't win every battle she picked.

The blonde sighed as she saw her captain sitting at the island in the kitchen. Hunter walked over to him, approaching slowly as her boots clicked against the tiled ground. The room was barely lit, the low illuminating flood lights that ran on the back up generator did not do much.

"You've been quiet here, Cap," she pointed out with a frown as she sat down on the stool next to him, "what's going on?"

He could have tried to hide it better, he thought he had been concealing his stressing concern well enough but clearly not. "No one gives you credit for how smart you are, Hunt."

"Inflating my ego won't make me change the topic," she tisked with a fake smile, "spill."

Bobby smiled to himself softly, he wasn't necessarily trying to avoid the question, but he wouldn't complain if he got out of speaking on the given matter.

"Athena's got some stuff going on at work," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders as if to say it was no big deal, "it's nothing."

It wasn't nothing. They both knew that, "with the trial?" Hunter inquired, she had already knew what the answer was going to be but she asked anyways.

Bobby nodded, "With all this ransom and black out stuff, Hudson got out of custody during the trial— don't give me that look, the detective— that Lou guy? Athena said he called saying he got Jeffery back into custody..."

"Isn't that good?" She asked, her fingers tracing the lines in the counter top, "so, why am I sensing a but coming along."

Bobby sighed out, turning his head to look the Callahan in the eye, "Athena was called down to the hospital— Lou had his throat cut open and Hudson isn't in his cell."

"Well, fuck," Hunter let out, eyes widening at the revelation. She seemed far to exasperated to find words for the situation, "No shit you're on edge, Cap, don't you want to be with your wife right now?"

"Yeah but to do what? She's still going to be working, not a chance in hell she'd let someone else lead the search."

Hunter shook her head, cocking her head as she eyed her captain, "when I ask this, know that it's from a place that kinda cares..."

"Why don't you ask later?" He asked rhetorically, laying a hand on her back as he began to stand, "someone gotta whip up the powered eggs and it doesn't look like it's gonna be you, Hunt."

He was definitely changing the topic that time, and they both knew it but Hunter let him walk away anyways that time. She couldn't force him to stay, besides, she had never been good at the heart to heart stuff anyways. Her advice was something that should be taken with a grain of salt. Normally, it was Bobby that offered the advice and was the listening ear that helped the 118, but who was there for Bobby?

He'd worry for Athena, Hunter knew that, but she also knew that he wouldn't let it affect anyone else— that he wouldn't show it until he absolutely had to. In a way, Hunter was the same, a hard headed individual who couldn't ask for help. Albeit, she was much worse than her own captain was— but it was somewhat comparable.

She stood from her own seat, looking down at the screen of her almost dead phone with a sigh. Hunter dreaded pleaded for a charging block from downstairs but she knew it had to be done.

The dark firehouse set her on edge, her eyes always peeled looking into every corner and shadow as she walked to the station.

"Give me a charger or uncle Buck will never see his niece again," she heard the stern voice of Chimney try to threaten Buck into lending him a charger for his phone.

She stopped walked as she stood next to Chimney. Buck's wild and scared eyes at the threat gazed over the two firefighter, "give him a charger," Buck almost whispered out.

Hunter laughed out with a small scoff following, she reached forward, taking the charger from Ravi with a wink before chimney could grab it. The blonde turned to look at the Han, "using your daughter for blackmail is low," she tisked, "I wouldn't even go that low. I will, however, tell you to walk away and come back to try this whole ordeal again."

"This is why you never give Buck a clipboard," Chimney groaned out, glaring at the two blonds, "never."

"And yet you're walking away," Hunter hummed with a smile.

Chimney rolled his eyes, "because I'm afraid if I don't, you'll make sure Dad Han doesn't get to see his baby daughter anymore."

Hunter shrugged, eyes looking up at the sky with a small laugh, it was a fair enough reason. Ravi's eyes flickered between the two as he didn't know what to do,  "You know you have to check it out too," Buck pointed out, his pen pointing at Hunter who scoffed with a raised eyebrow, before turning.

She laughed while walking away, "Good luck, pretty boy."

with as little context as possible,
do I finally give you a scene
you've all been waiting for ??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 151 5
"๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ'๐‘  ๐บ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜ ๐‘€๐‘ฆ ๐ป๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก" เผ„เผ„เผ„ "๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ'๐‘  ๐บ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐ฟ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’...
8.7K 315 22
Vivienne Grace Nash. Daughter of Bobby Nash, captain of the 118 firefighter crew. She lives for the thrill of danger but longs for something permanen...
109K 2.2K 26
Evan Buckley can't get Eddie Diaz out of his head. After a passionate evening in the bathroom of a bar, Buck thinks that he'll never see Eddie again...
93.9K 2.1K 14
when Evan Buckley a young firefighter finds out he has cancer he must do something he never liked to do, lean on his friends and family to get him th...