The Thoughts Of Amber

By AmberRArnold

This book is not just about me but the life that I lived and the things that I've seen and done it was never... More

Chapter One: Baby Toes & Mothers
Chapter Two: The Daisy & The Crow
Chapter Three: Is It Me?
Chapter Four: Too Many Questions
Chapter Five: Sirens & Limos
Chapter Six: The Addict Trophy Child
Chapter Seven: Cheater Pumpkin Eater
Chapter Eight: Pills & More Pills
Chapter Nine: Manic
Chapter Ten: Suicide
Chapter Eleven: Favoritism
Chapter Twelve: Death #1
Chapter Thirteen: The Cup Of Tea
Chapter Fourteen: The Hands Of You
Chapter Fifteen: Truth Or Dare
Chapter Sixteen: I miss you
Chapter Seventeen: The Last Laugh
Chapter Eighteen: Again Penguin Again
Chapter Twenty: Cells And Water
Chapter Twenty-One: Lost Lover
Chapter Twenty-Two: Always & Forever

Chapter Nineteen: Happiness Over Sadness

17 0 0
By AmberRArnold

I never was happy with my family or the people I have called my family because choosing sadness over happiness was a regular thing I did.

I have always been the "debby downer," the one everyone picked on in the family, and the one that always felt like a third wheel to most friend groups. I was always alone in my head, which is also why I became a very deep thinker. If you ask me if I am happy now, I probably will say yes to you because I don't want anyone to see me broken.

I am broken, deeply damaged.

My life was always filled with lies, and there was no truth to certain things.

My mother liked to cover up a lot, and I don't blame her for that, but I wish I were told the truth a lot more. She sometimes still lies to herself to make herself feel better because sometimes people are in denial about their own self, but of course, I sometimes do the same thing. Mother like daughter. 

I always get asked, "Are you happy?" what type of question is that anyway? I never understood that type of question, like what does happiness purely look like? BECAUSE ALL I HAVE EVER SEEN WAS SADNESS.

I know I am a walking depressed zombie, but I know I can put on a show for everyone, even if it means saying, "Yes, I am happy."

I have never been truly happy in my relationships as well because most of them fucking sucked; when you get strangled a lot, you would think the same thing I do. I don't want a happy ending; I just want a realistic ending to life without the dramatics. I sometimes even sit in my own apartment and think, why am I still alive? Am I really god's favorite? Or am I just lucky?

Now, that is another thing: do you think people just get lucky, or do you think there are miracles?

Happiness can come from the most minor things, but sadness can also come the same way. I will always choose sadness because fuck the fake happiness shit that people try to bring to your table, but always know I don't mind helping people and letting them eat at my table; I just won't fix them a plate. 

Happiness over sadness will always be daunting to me and maybe to others, but you have to ask yourself, why do you want to fake happiness? Always be real with yourself; that is all you can do in this world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 5 25
Ok started this in 2017, it's currently 2019 and I'm not the same person who wrote this, my style is completely different and so are my opinions and...
1K 151 49
Dear diary, Life isn't like the Disney fairy tales, with the lost slipper and hell of a cute prince charming. Life is bittersweet, cruel and hurtful...
477 91 18
- @ 𝙀𝙉𝙑𝙔𝙔𝙅𝙓𝙔𝙔𝙔 π™‹π™π™Šπ˜Ώπ™π˜Ύπ™π™„π™Šπ™‰ Started: March, 2021 Ending: May 29, 2021 "What can I say. Life Is Life" "No no no no no, Stay with me...
1.5K 32 28
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...