Chromatober's Writing

Від Eth3alFlame

Prompts for Chromatober! LoneRanger being the one to give the prompts this year. Will try to keep up, but wit... Більше

1: Hunted
2- Eyes (Betryal AU)
3: Sneak (Wrong Beginning AU)
4: Return
5: Flowers (Betryal AU)
6: Improvise
7: Mask
8: Fuse (Crystal Fusion AU)
9: Betrayal (AU)
10: Memory (Unnamed AU)
11-Lull (Unnamed AU)
12: Toxin (Betrayal AU)
13: Cold (Betrayal AU)
14: Shelter (Wrong Beginning)
15: Confinement (Sky Mirror AU)
16: Below (Betrayal U)
17: Comfort (Crystal Fusion AU)
18: Voice (Sky Mirror AU)
19: Habit (Sky Mirror AU)
22: Grow (Crystal Fusion AU)
23: Trust (Betryal AU)
23: Secret (Betrayal AU)
25: Desire
26: Animal (Crystal Fusion AU)
27: Abyss (Cycle AU: Name in progress)
28: Awaken (Portal AU)
29: Warning (Betrayal AU)
30: Culminate (Betrayal AU)
31: Close

20/21: Stalk and Guilt (Betrayal AU)

196 15 23
Від Eth3alFlame

I combined the two, so here you go!

— — —

Light sighed softly to himself, letting his eyes wander around the area. Even with being Captain of the Colorless Guard, he wasn't above doing the basic tasks his men did.

Even with the Darkness gone, Light wasn't going to relax. He has learned early on to always expect a new villain to appear. It was just when and how.

So, that's how in the early morning, Light was patrolling around the Orange Kingdom. With the total destruction of the Rainbow Kingdom, all the colors split up again. Leaving Light and his guards spread thin as they tried to keep the peace.

Light scanned the area once more, listening closely for his friend. Animals chirped around them, as they scurried about.

Where was he?

Almost as if his thoughts were heard, lightning struck close by. Light couldn't help the smile, quickly leaving the path to his friend.

"Light?" He heard him call.

Light pushed his way through some bramble, revealing his friend. His hood was pulled up as he wore is cloak, disguising him from the world.

"Hey Apprentice." Light smiled.

Apprentice slipped off his hood, a small smile on his face. "Hey Light. You do know you can call me M even if we are alone, right?" Apprentice paused, his eyes giving him a once over. "Is everything alright? You look...tired."

From a distance, he could hear an animal shuffling around, leaves brushing up against one another as the animal moved. A stick snapped in the distance.

"I'm fine." Light fiddled with the handle of one of his knives strapped to his leg. "A lot has happened since we've last talked."

Apprentice hummed. "Really?" He asked. "Red Leader has been on me lately, especially with the Darkness, so I haven't had time to slip away and figure out what's new."

Light gave a dry chuckle. He met the Red Leader once. He could understand where the guy was coming from. If he could just take his friends and hide away from the world, Light would have. "He cares about you. We...everyone needs someone in their corner."

Apprentice's eyebrows furrowed. "I...I know, Light. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm doing my best."

Another stick snapped, slightly closer this time, drawing both their attention. Around them, the woods were silent. Apprentice punched him lightly in the shoulder, a quiet metal clack coming from his armor. "You want to walk and talk? You never wear your armor unless you're on patrol." Light nodded, and they began to walk.

"So?" Apprentice asked after a few minutes. "What's new? Anything about that one person?"

Sabre. M was always curious about the supposed Non-Steve he always heard about.

A Red Steve through and through. Always looking for knowledge.

Light fought the urge to freeze his emotions. It has only been a month, yet the guilt has yet to pass. The Leaders kept getting on him about the supposed unhealthy coping mechanism, so he was trying to lay off on the emotion freezing.

"Y-Yeah." Light spoke around the lump in his throat. "But uh, good news. The Darkness is gone."

Apprentice's head snapped towards him as he stopped, eyes wide. "What!" He exclaimed, a grin across his face. "That's amazing! Red Leader is going to- and maybe the Red Kingdom will- out of hiding maybe but Leader- It's just-" Apprentice's hands in constant motion as he started moving once more. "You did it Light!"

Blood coating the sword as it pierced Sabre's chest. The confused look quickly turned to one of pain.

The thump when Sabre hit the ground, red seeping out from under him, staining whatever it touched. The pained breaths slowly being broken up by coughs, blood dripping—

"Yeah." Light nodded. The only sound they could hear was their footsteps and the quiet echo of them. "I did."

"How long ago?"

"About two months ago..."

"A month of no Darkness?" Apprentice sighed. "You...really did it Light."

"I...I know."

Apprentice shot him a look. "...you don't sound happy about it."

Light winced. "I am! Trust me," He gave a bitter laugh. "The Darkness took away too much from me to not be happy, it's just...remember that one friend you asked about?"

Apprentice nodded. "The one that betrayed you because of that whole Darkness thing he has going on."

Light nodded. "We had a plan that we were trying to accomplish. Since apparently Shadow was always with Sabre after his corruption, we think he influenced Sabre into joining with Void."

Apprentice raised an eyebrow. "Yes, the exile didn't help our case, I know." Light groaned. "I would also like it to be known that I did say I was against it."

Not that it did much in the end.

Apprentice nodded. "And?"

"We were thinking since Shadow was possibly inflicting Sabre, if we destroyed Shadow..."

"Your friend would see sense?"

Light stepped over a small creek, one that signaled that he needed to turn and follow it until they reached the pond. "Yeah. During the siege, Sabre and Shadow were guarding the two entrances. They look so alike and...and..."

Sabre's breathing faulting. The healing from the Green Steve failing. Slipping off Sabre's blindfold, just to make sure he was awake.

Tears pooling out of his eyes and now free to run down his cheeks.

Watching awareness slowly fade. Blood soaking his clothes underneath his armor.

Pitiful coughs, slowly stopping.

Light caused this. If he was just there for his friend Sabre would have snapped. He'd still be by his side, trying his hardest to keep the Steves alive. Light left him alone, thinking nothing of it.

The quiet mumbled to himself, the fearful looks, the jumpiness. Light saw the difference and did nothing!

A hand landed on his shoulder. Apprentice had a worried frown on his face. "Light? You're crying..."

Light wiped his cheeks, feeling the cold brush of his armor graze his face. "Sorry." He choked out. "I should be so upset about this, but I am."

"You're friend..." Apprentice paused. "He...he didn't make it, did he?"

Light shook his head. "I helped kill him."

"You thought he was the copy?"

Light nodded. The air hung silent around them, as if the forest was holding its breath. Light froze, head looking side to side, much to the concern of Apprentice. "Light?"

"Where are the animals?" Light breathed out. His voice whispers in the air. "It's too quiet."

Apprentice tensed, head looking around. Besides the near silent gurgle of the stream, the air was untouched.

"Oh. Isn't this sweet?" A painfully familiar voice spoke.

Apprentice gave a cut off gasp, taking a few steps away from him. Light spun around, nearly missing sight of the figure in the tree.

Sabre.

Light froze, eyes not leaving the figure as cold settled into his gut. The black hoodie Sabre wore had a rip, in a very painfully familiar spot. The skin underneath was charred black, with a jagged slice burning like lava. His arms, the parts that weren't covered at least, were also black, with streaks of oranges and yellows jagged. Sabre gave a sharp grin, giving a teasing wave. His palm was glowing a bright orange.

No...no no no!

"I- You died!" Light blurted out. "You- what?!"

Sabre's teasing grin fell flat, a glare taking its place. "Did you forget what happened last time I died?" Sabre deadpanned. "It seems as if I have a habit of leaving the Afterlife."

Sabre swung his legs, head tilted as he stared behind him.

Apprentice!

Apprentice, who didn't have his hood on. Light slid in front of him, but it was too late.

"You know." Light hated the fact that the lava marks around his mouth glowed brighter when he talked. It reminded him closely of watching Sabre die. "I don't have good experiences with Red Steves. I hope this one goes better. If not...." Sabre held up and and twirled his wrist. In the palm of his hand, a blue fire burned.

Light blinked, and from behind him, Apprentice gave a startled sound. Sabre had powers.

Light knew that wasn't- wait, Sabre met Red Steves before?

"Don't give me that look." Sabre hissed, snuffing out the flame, making Light jolt. "You act as if you knew everything about me! As if you have a reason to care!"

"You were my friend!" Light yelled up at him. "I cared about you!"

Sabre gave him a cold look, staring down from his perch in the tree. "Pity you weren't a good enough friend then."

Light's heart clenched as he let out a sharp breath. "Sabre, I-"

"No." Sabre shook his head. "Trust me. Anything you say will be a waste of our time. I heard your little conversation." His eyes slid back to Apprentice. "Why don't you go back to your— what did you say— Red Leader?" The grin Sabre gave was sharp. "Promise I won't follow this time."

Light felt the air go still at the hidden threat.

Sabre knew about the Red Steves because of them. He knows about the Red Kingdom!

"Light..." Apprentice whispered.

"Go." Light glanced back at him, ears straining for any sound of movement from Sabre. "If there is one thing Sabre isn't, it is a promise breaker."

Apprentice nodded, eyes still fearful as he took a few steps back, not looking away from Sabre. Lightning slammed into the ground, and Apprentice was gone.

When Light glanced back at Sabre, he felt his breath freeze.

Sabre was gone, the only sign of him was the charred remains of the branch he was on.

This was all his fault...

— — —

Words: 1612

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Chromatober Від AnonymousRook

Короткі історії

4.4K 343 32
A collection of short stories for the Chromatober 2023 challenge hosted by @LoneRanger253
4.4K 117 21
"Fine, I'll do it myself." In honor of my 5 year OTP, I have finally done it. After I have faded out and come back into the fandom stronger than eve...
1.1K 80 31
ChromaTober Writing Challenge by LoneRanger253 Created: September 30, 2023, 10:16-10:17 pm Start: October 1, 2023, 7:41 am End: November 5, 2023, 11:...
3.5K 114 22
I have decided to make a FavreMyRyan and a BlueBow fanfic in one. I have great inspiration so I hope you enjoy!