Perfectly Imperfect

By Shivikaitsme

Both hated each other Fell at the first dance Realised too late Destiny brings them together after 7 years Is... More

A/N
Cast and Playlist
1.The dream interview!
2.I'm getting married?
3. I agree to meet him/her!
Aesthetics and Mood Boardsโœจ
5.We Are In Love
6.You are handsome!(oops)
7.Will you go on a date?
8.The Bike Ride
9. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun?
10. Chalein?
11. My brother!
12. The Hate Phase
13. Happy Birthday!
14. Do You Trust Me?
A/N
15. Pehle Mein!
16. Surprise?
17. Moment Of Truth ( Edited )
18.Who Lives? Who Dies?
19. Trail Of Smiles
20. She Isn't Any Girl

4.It's My Milkshake!

121 10 0
By Shivikaitsme

You know how it feels like to find that favourite toy from your childhood you had lost accidentally? From the super excited self who received the toy to the crying mess who lost it, you will feel every emotion becomes raw. What if you are close to losing it again?
We all know it's not just about a toy...

Your someone♡

Check out my insta account: dreamofluvvv for sneak peeks of the story.

______________________________________

Inaya's POV

It's my first day at office and saying I'm nervous would be an understatement. I have worked so hard for this day and it just feels surreal now. When my batchmates were enjoying their days I stayed up for nights studying hard. I wanted to be capable enough to deserve this day.

"Hey Di",Ishika whispered peeking into my room with a sheepish smile.

Before I could react she jumped inside."I'm gonna choose your first day outfit!". She and her love for fashion I swear.

"Fine but don't choose anything too glamourous Ms. Fashionista." I said placing my hands on my waist and sighing.

"You know me". She turned to winked at me and started scrolling through my wardrobe.

"I got it! I got it!" She squealed like a kid who got her lollipop after persuading her parents too much. I chuckled slightly at her behaviour.

She took out the prettiest black formal set I had and I thanked lord it wasn't revealing. I'm not ashamed of my scars but they scare me,remind me of the past and I can't face them. I have covered up the mirror in my room since I can't move the entire dressing table out.

"Diii you aren't doubting my choice right? Even if you are I don't care because you are totally wearing it!!!". She said excitedly bringing me out of my trance and I realised I have been staring at the dress for too long.

"Accha jaati hun meri Maa" I picked up the dress and went to change as she waited outside.
[Fine I'm going my mom (sarcastically)]

"How does it look?" I asked hesitantly coming out of the washroom.

(Just focus on the outfit and ignore the background 😅)

"You look hot Diii!" She said being proud of her choice as always.

"Afterall my sister is a part time fashion designer." I said rolling my eyes.

"Of course. Time for some make up" she said wiggling her brows and cam I deny? Ofcourse not.

Time skip*

I reached my office building and went towards the receptionist. Thank God it wasn't the one I met on the day of interview. This one seemed friendly.

"Excuse me. It's my first day here. Can I meet Mrs. Malhotra?"

She looked up with a smile and perhaps recognised my designation.

"You are the new Finance Director I suppose. God you are pretty! Ma'am is waiting for you in the conference hall. You are sharp on time. Best of luck."

"Thanks a lot. I will get going."

I said and went towards the confrence hall. I entered the room and saw 6-7 people seated there with Mrs. Malhotra on the head's seat. They all felt my presence and gave a welcoming look. My nervousness cooled down a bit.

"Good morning ma'am!"

"Good morning Ms. Verma. Seems like we got a punctual director this time. Let me introduce you to your new team. Please come in."

This is Mr.Vivaan....

From all she said I concluded the following:

Vivaan (assistant director)
Siddharth (finance analyst)
Aisha(finance representative)
Rahul( chief accountant)
Riya( junior accountant)
Rishi and Jaahnvi(interns)

"Ms. Verma would you like to say something to your new team?"Mrs. Malhotra asked.

"Hello team. It's really nice to meet everyone. I'm looking forward to working with you all." They all gave me an assuring smile.

"Ok Ms. Verma I leave your team to you. I expect you to come to my cabin in 10 minutes and take up the files of the ongoing project. Vivaan will explain you the rest."

"Okay Ma'am."

Mrs. Malhotra left and I was left to guide the rest.

"Welcome Ms. Verma. We got a pretty director all thanks to Mr. And Mrs. Malhotra." Vivaan said in a flirty yet friendly tone while getting up from his seat and reaching out for a handshake. I forwarded my hands for a handshake which might have lasted a little too long for my liking but I shrugged it off thinking maybe he is a friendly sort of person.

"Thank you Vivaan. I will go fetch up the files from Mrs. Malhotra and then we can have a discussion over it. I will inform you about the time. Till then I guess Mr. Vivaan can guide you all?"

"Sure Ma'am."they said in unison and went on with their works. The finance department occupied the entirety of 14th 15th 16th and 17th floor. Each alloted with the observation of a different branch with our team heading the branches. It resided on the 17th floor with Mrs. Malhotra's cabin. She preferred staying close to the team for constant and close supervision.

Time skip*

After fetching the files I went through all of them and realised that the previous director had left a lot of jobs half way through and it will take me a great deal of time to finish them up before starting anything new.

I called for a after lunch meeting and discussed the matters which needed urgent attention. The Mumbai branch had been a little undertone lately due to the political conflicts. So we decided to have a meeting with the branch team.

Time skip to next day*
(Sorry for the time skips guys)

"So we end our meeting here. I need you guys to assess all the current downfalls and come up with solutions by the end of this week. We will have a meeting the next Saturday." I ended my meeting with the Mumbai branch and headed towards my cabin.

Oh shit it's already 5:30?! They are coming at 6! I need to rush. That's when I heard a sudden thunder and flinched. It's raining?

"Ms. Verma aren't you leaving?" Vivaan asked me as he came the cabin to keep the files.

"Yeah I'm leaving now."

"It's raining pretty heavily outside. I would give you a lift if you don't mind." He asked in a flirtatious tone. Oh I'm already done with him. But not gonna lie, he is pretty smart.

"It's fine Mr. Vivaan I have brought my car so you don't need to be bothered. See ya tomorrow." I said tightening my lips into a forced smile. He understood my hurry and left the cabin. I picked up my keys are rushed to the lift.

Abhinash's POV

I had come to the Malhotra's after my morning shift as Mom said it would be nice if we all go together.

"You look handsome my son." Mom said as I entered her cabin wearing "The Outfit" chosen for me by Ms. Naira and her bestfriend. But to be honest it did suit me.

As we were talking Dad Chacha and Chachi entered the cabin.

"So are we all set then?" Asked Chachi excitedly.

"Ofcourse. Let's go" Mom said

"Umm I actually have to pick up the watch I left in Chachu's cabin the last time I visited. It's my favourite one." I said awkwardly smiling while scratching my forehead slightly with my hand.

"Dr. Abhinash and his obsession for watches." Chachu said rolling his eyes.

"You guys go. I will follow you."

"Be quick son." Dad said as they all left.

I almost ran to Chachu's cabin and luckily found the watch lying on his desk. It is an antique piece. My first b'day gift from her when we were in 12th. I remember her winning a debate competition and she used the entire prize money on it. I felt like the luckiest person alive on earth. I took off the one I was wearing and wore this while walking towards the lift.

The lift came. Chachu's office is on the 18th floor along with Dad's so it's gonna take a while. I entered as the lift came. I was busy wearing the watch when I felt someone entering the lift. I didn't give it much notice until...the lift stopped and the lights went off.

Inaya's POV

I entered the lift and saw a man standing there. He looks familiar. Isn't he the same guy I bumped into on my interview day? But why does it feel like I know him. Nevermind I need to reach home as soon as possible. I took out my airpods and started humming to a song until...the lift stopped and the lights went off.

I'm claustrophobic....and....

Abhinash's POV

I jerked my head towards a collapsing figure just when the lift's system switched off.

I immediately knelt down to hold her and that's when I noticed.... My Milkshake? The lights were off but I could still clearly make out her face. How is she here? Do my parents know? Why didn't they tell me? Oh no! She's claustrophobic! But she looks as good as dead. This isn't a symptom of-

"I - I " she was trying hard to speak as I lifted her torso with one hand and supported her head with the other. We both were on the floor. Me kneeling on one knee while she lied down, partially on the floor and partially in my arms.

"Inaya look at me okay. Don't close your eyes at any cost" I said continuously tapping her face lightly enough to not hurt her.

I checked her pulse. It was hardly felt. In contrast, her heartbeat was getting faster every passing moment. Her lips and hands were trembling badly. Her skin was as pale as paper.
She fainted. I rubbed her palm and feet. I gave compressions to her chest. No response. Silence engulfed me. Everything felt suffocating all of a sudden. I have to do it-

Without thinking twice I attached my lips to her and started giving her rescue breaths.
Once.
Twice.
Thrice.

*Cough* *cough* she started breathing again. Her entire body shaked with the impact as I held her body more firmly.

"It's fine. It's fine. We will get out of here."

"I have d-diabetes. I- I need -su." That's when the realisation dawned me. She has Hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia can be completely treated in its first stage but the second and third stages didn't have permanent treatment yet. It required regular intakes of carb rich or sugary food. If not treated properly at time of surges, it may lead to coma. I can't let this happen to her. She needs to be okay. I can't fuckin lose her again.

I immediately rushed to check for any food or even a freakin candy in her bag. None. Medicines? None. How can she be so careless for godsake!

Phone. Where is my phone? I immediately went for my pocket and in a fraction of second I dialled for Dad. He picked up after two rings.

"Dad!" I barely recognised my own voice. It was raw and hoarse but the the only voice I could manage to take out amidst my panic stricken mind. The elegant outfit chosen by my sister was a drenched mess of my sweat and dirt from floor. I'm a doctor and knew how to deal with medical emergencies but at this moment, I'm feeling fuckin helpless!

"Dad! There's an emergency. She- she's having a vertigo! Fix the lift Dad! Now!!! I can't lose her again!!!" By the time I ended my sentence I was a sobbing mess. I had never raised my tone at Dad and the emotional outbursts weren't helping at all.

"We are fixing it son! Calm yourself. You have to treat her. You have to!" He said firmly and I could it, feel his knowledge about the person fighting for her life beside me.

I cut the call and immediately diverted my attention to her.

"Inaya breathe! Don't let yourself get engulfed in the darkness. Don't close your eyes. Talk to me. You have to be okay milkshake! For your family, for me! I can't fuckin lose you again love!" I was almost blabbering looking into her eyes intendly as she tried hard to keep them open.

"What stage?"

"T-two." My Inaya had permanent hypoglycemia. She is suffering. And I'm doing nothing to save her. Like always. I hate myself!

"Inaya. We will we be out in a few minutes okay? Keep talking to me. Don't stop." I said softly caressing her forehead.

"Uhm."she snuggled closer to me and rested her head on my chest. All emotions came rushing like a floodgate being opened to let the water in. I can't let myself fall. This isn't the right time. She needs me.

"I- I for-forgot t-to refi-fil my m-meds." She whispered as her eyes were in verge of closing. As forgetful and careless as before. But she couldn't be careless this time. It was her fuckin life at stake!

"Shhh calm down. It will be fine." I said planting a small peck on her crown.

Just then the lights turned on and the lift opened. I took no time in noticing the surrounding as I lifted Inaya in my arms and rushed out of the door. I could feel my family's and the workers worried eyes on me but I took no notice of it right now. It was as if I was running for my life. It was true though. She is my life.

______________________________________

Trust me I hate cliffhangers as much as you guys do but then let's admit it. It's the cliffhangers which keep us glued to the story. Doesn't it?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment 🙈♥️

-your someone♡

(The images in the story are taken from Pinterest.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4M 576K 64
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐——๐—ฌ๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ฆ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ช๐—”๐—ก๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ...
113K 4.4K 65
ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด...
11.3K 539 36
Two people from a group of childhood friends when meet after 2 years, how will they fight the attraction between them. When the girl is already in lo...
2.7K 469 33
"She believes in true love" "He hates the word love" "She is talkative" "He is mature" But both ended up Enjoying peaceful sunset in each other arms๏ฟฝ...